Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum (21058 Views)

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? / Happy Mothers' Day / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Ikmontana1: 10:22pm On May 13, 2018
There is no woman alive that could take my mother's place in my life..

4 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Pidginwhisper: 10:23pm On May 13, 2018
grin
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 13, 2018
My mother (as fondly called Maami) told me I was just 4 months old when she had to leave my father's
house due to polygamous quarrels. I'm the last
born of my mother. She really had to struggle to
bring us up to the best of her ability. If she had
not left to ensure my safety, the fury of a
polygamous home might have sent me back to
the underworld. So, I felt no paternal care at
early childhood. You know those moments when
you eagerly hope your daddy arrives soon at
nights so you can play with him & sleep amidst
your parents. Just a parent I had then. Whenever
any of my mother's male relatives visited, 'is this
my father?' I would ask Maami, then my elder
siblings would be making jest of me because
they knew our father well, but I didn't! I later
knew him though & he appeared to be very nice
& caring too. I must be sincere, he's worth
sharing from the glory of the Father's Day too.
I'm sure he'd do more if he's capable. I now
realized he had to stay away for few years (of
my life) to let peace reign. Dad hardly raised his
hands against the children unlike Maami who
would give you punishments & beat the hell out
of you in the midnight hours . And then at early
hour of the day (like 5am), she would seat you
down and talk sense into your skull. It's that
moment you would prefer beatings to disciplinary
talks . Thank God she's able to nurture us well.
Meanwhile, it was like hell seeing her going
through pains of hustling. If I start to mention all
she had to do because of children, there would
be no space left on this thread.
Thank you, ma! May your days on earth be long
so that you can eat the fruits of all your labour.

I doubt she's ever funny,,,,,lol,,,,MAAMI!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by suwalee(f): 10:26pm On May 13, 2018
Misypee:
Mum is a very jovial person, i came home with a male classmate and friend one day and he greeted mum, and before i could say jack, she started asking him when he'll come and pay bride price, i begged her with one awkward look to be cool but na lie, she gave him a seat and they chatted away, its funny and embarrassing

I remembered one Sunday momcy wanted to go for thanksgiving she bought loads of fluorescent light that year told her I wasn't coming rudely BTW....trust mumcy na she threw her heavy slippers at me I jejely moved away and broke all the lights for her Thanksgiving I saw heaven that day and service cancel

4 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 13, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
I saw a grown man with that nonsense on his dp. i just blocked him. Imagine if your mum should see that one?

lalasticlala lets do mummy things today

I saw this dude with the flower sh!t on his head, a grown arse man. I think women who do things like that should be sterilized, Imagine how I felt about the man.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by CarlosTheJackal: 10:31pm On May 13, 2018
UBGG:

I saw this dude with the flower sh!t on his head, a grown arse man. I think women who do things like that should be sterilized, Imagine how I felt about the man.
Sterilised? Carry your wahala dey go abeg. That's so extreme

7 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by IamDavid(m): 10:34pm On May 13, 2018
how many mothers' day do we have in a year sef

5 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by charlie24(m): 10:37pm On May 13, 2018
Misypee:
Mum is a very jovial person, i came home with a male classmate and friend one day and he greeted mum, and before i could say jack, she started asking him when he'll come and pay bride price, i begged her with one awkward look to be cool but na lie, she gave him a seat and they chatted away, its funny and embarrassing

#American film#���

2 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by HORLADSTAR(m): 10:39pm On May 13, 2018
May my mama live long to enjoy the fruit of her labour.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO EVERY MOTHERS OUT THERE.
#Horladstar cares

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 13, 2018
decatalyst:
For those that came to read comments, the both lies and the truthful ones, get in here.

Cold beer is available for all
hehehehe
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Mikeyjoe(m): 10:42pm On May 13, 2018
God decided to make me motherless and they said we should not question him. No wahala. Last mother's Sunday, I called her and told her "happy mother's day". She responded " the same to you". Seriously I just wish I can see her again even if it is for 30 seconds.

21 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Mslovelystar(f): 10:44pm On May 13, 2018
Happy mother's day to my mum and all the mothers in the world. Ya mum, i know i 've hurt u so much but after God you are the next person i care so much about. Someday, i will show you how much i love and value you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Pidginwhisper: 10:52pm On May 13, 2018
Mslovelystar:
Happy mother's day to my mum and all the mothers in the world. Ya mum, i know i 've hurt u so much but after God you are the next person i care so much about. Someday, i will show you how much i love and value you.
Come, lemme take you home to my Momma
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by raphaeladeyele: 10:52pm On May 13, 2018
Iya ni Wura, I appreciated my Mother
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by harriet412(f): 10:57pm On May 13, 2018
Funny enough, I was always scared of my mom when i was younger but when i got to school far away....I understood every of her actions and i got to see things from her point of view..
I love my mom smiley kiss

7 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Mslovelystar(f): 10:57pm On May 13, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Come, lemme take you home to my Momma
lol, why that cheesy
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Pidginwhisper: 11:02pm On May 13, 2018
Mslovelystar:
lol, why that cheesy
Coz i like wah am seeing already. Shey u go follow me? embarassed
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by fhorlar(f): 11:03pm On May 13, 2018
Wura mii...the queen of my life...my rock,my first priest, my joy...I miss you u so much...mummy, today is mother's day and I just wanna tell the whole world what an amazing woman you are...although, you are no longer with us in flesh,i just wanted to remind you of what I said several years ago, that I Folashade will make u proud.yes mum..I have not forgotten that promise.daddy misses u sooo much. Our lives have not been same since you were snatched away from us.we all love you and we miss you. I will never forget all you taught me about life.

Ps: for those who still have your mum alive, maximize and take adj of it. Pls and pls, take care of your mum while she is still alive. Don't postpone! U don't know wot 2morow holds

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Seunfunmi18(m): 11:04pm On May 13, 2018
I could remember vividly the day she sat me down and started giving me sex education during my second year at school.
I was like in my mind
Oh boy, this woman doesn't know her boy is an expert in this business.
I was just nodding and making her feel I wasn't interested in the topic.
I love iyaLekan alot.

7 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Seunfunmi18(m): 11:05pm On May 13, 2018
fhorlar:
Wura mii...the queen of my life...my rock,my first priest, my joy...I miss you u so much...mummy, today is mother's day and I just wanna tell the whole world what an amazing woman you are...although, you are no longer with us in flesh,i just wanted to remind you of what I said several years ago, that I Folashade will make u proud.yes mum..I have not forgotten that promise.daddy misses u sooo much. Our lives have not been same since you were snatched away from us.we all love you and we miss you. I will never forget all you taught me about life.

Ps: for those who still have your mum alive, maximize and take adj of it. Pls and pls, take care of your mum while she is still alive. Don't postpone! U don't know wot 2morow holds
Accept my condolences

12 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Mslovelystar(f): 11:06pm On May 13, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Coz i like wah am seeing already. Shey u go follow me? embarassed
lol, dont worry i will cheesy

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Fidecoo(m): 11:11pm On May 13, 2018
Misypee:

,,,Hmmmmm. I think and believe say all una mama own no reach my mum own.my mum is just the complete package wrapped in 1.my mum's drama if its to be quantified and measured can fit full 1 community sef. That's why I dont mind paying cash ,than to have time for her plenty drama. (Just relate eldest son wey don due and is financial buoyant wey no gree marry to give her grand children ) the bashing no be here oo.atimes I dey even celebrate inside my mind if she tells me she will be traveling. But she is the best mum ever sha.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Mutemenot(m): 11:11pm On May 13, 2018
shocked

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by vampire2020: 11:12pm On May 13, 2018
rip mom

2 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by NextGovernor(m): 11:16pm On May 13, 2018
Sometime I do feel for people who take out sometin out of their earnings to send to parent. My parents still feel I am not comfortable and still send me upkeep even when working. I earn alot of money and the thing go disappear before month end self. I earn 1.2mil monthly and believe some people can't consume that even in 6 months but I lavish it our b4 a month. I believe it was d way I was raised. Eveything, I mean everything was available for me so living that life after school is really affecting me now and I can't do without it.

I don't know how to cook, wash dishes, clothes and all domestic works. And this consume my money alot employing people doing it.

One tin I know is my children will live well but will never be pampered like my parents did to me.

I jist need help on how to live minimal live style.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Seunfunmi18(m): 11:20pm On May 13, 2018
vampire2020:
rip mom
Accept my condolences
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by oxygenlove(m): 11:21pm On May 13, 2018
during my teen days, my mum love to make herb concortion wit som herb soup, i go dey luk her say wetin dis woman dey do so, atimes i do refuse to tak frm it coz i dnt enjoy d bitternes, , , she wil tel me, 'kole ye e (u cnt undastnd) i ll be like, wot gan? leave me jo, i was surprise one day i woke up and my dicko man raise so hard in my boxer, she saw it and smile,; and nw i knw what she meant sha, , , mummy mi civilize gan o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Writingdiva: 11:22pm On May 13, 2018
I was walking home from school one day. I was alongside my then bff (a guy), whilst my other friends were in front, when someone ran across the street to meet us, and told me my mom was in the tailor shop waiting for me. I looked at the direction she pointed to, and I saw my mom.

I told my friends to wait, and I went to answer her, she asked me why I left the girls and was walking with that boy, and told me to sit down and wait for her.

I was super pissed, and I told her my friends were still waiting for me, so she said I should tell them to go off without me that I'd be coming with her.

I did so, and sat fuming.

Thirty minutes later, my Mom goes, "Take, use it and enter bus and go home."

And I was like cry

8 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Pidginwhisper: 11:24pm On May 13, 2018
Mslovelystar:
lol, dont worry i will cheesy
Should i pick a date already? kiss
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Staru1(m): 11:25pm On May 13, 2018
Misypee:

my mum is amazing. She will say dieseases is real, i should keep movin around wit diff folk...when i go get diesease na me go suffer am alone, if i do like say i wan get fever, she no go sleep until i sleeps..during dat fever day,i go dey ask her to allow me to suffer d malaria as she said bcs i believe na dat her talk give me fever. I love u swt mother.

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Mslovelystar(f): 11:28pm On May 13, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Should i pick a date already? kiss
huh shocked shocked that's so fast cheesy
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by AdaNnabugo(f): 11:30pm On May 13, 2018
Fidecoo:
,,,Hmmmmm. I thinkw and believe say all una mama own no reach my mum own.my mum is just the complete package wrapped in 1.my mum's drama if its to be quantified and measured can fit full 1 community sef. That's why I dont mind paying cash ,than to have time for her plenty drama. (Just relate eldest son wey don due and is financial buoyant wey no gree marry to give her grand children ) the bashing no be here oo.atimes I dey even celebrate inside my mind if she tells me she will be traveling. But she is the best mum ever sha.
Then what are you waiting for? do the needful joor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Is Not Romantic. What Should I Do? / 4 Things To Do After You Are Engaged To Him (Advice For Ladies) / How To Handle A Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.