Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,818 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? (23195 Views)

Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters / Consumers Kick As FG Raises Prices Of Prepaid Meters / NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by futurism: 1:34am On May 14, 2018
post=67539241:
D matter weak me no be small o...

Been pondering about it for a long time now....
bros I can get meter for anybody but how to integrate it into the system of DC is the problem,except people I help will secretly call Staff to come and integrate it for him.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 1:38am On May 14, 2018
futurism:
People. Should go through the link below. We are fuucckked in this country.

I can get anybody a prepaid meter but seeing the kind of evil men at the
helm of power supply frustrating the availability of the meter, I might be arrested if found out and how to integrate the meter into their system is another hurdle so that you can recharge it.

I will need one!!!
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by damola1: 1:42am On May 14, 2018
I just paid 100k to get prepaid meter.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by ofemigeorge(m): 1:43am On May 14, 2018
futurism:
If something as simple as prepaid meter can be become a problem, what makes you think Nigeria will ever get constant power supply? It further explains what people have been saying that the Nigeria not experiencing constant power supply is due to some persons preventing...

neonly, thanks for your contribution.
this
"Some persons" have been a norm in every nigeria issue being discussed.[s][/s]
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 1:58am On May 14, 2018
"From the benefit of hindsight and historically, most distribution of power sectors realised that when you introduce prepaid meters, revenue drops. Because it is prepaid, people get conscious of consumption and they thereby reduce usage. Then we discovered that prepayment leads to more bypassing. If we meter the distribution transformers, at least we can audit and know what energy has gone to a particular area and from there we can then see the bills that have not been issued. We will know that within that locality there is an issue and we can then send our team to go and look at what is happening. We have decided to do a mix: post-paid metering, prepaid metering and also metering the distribution transformers. By this, we will be able to have real case scenarios."

shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Qhalifah: 2:01am On May 14, 2018
Phcn are maddd
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by SirLakes: 2:04am On May 14, 2018
They just wanNa keep extorting,

Our government is also useless.

Make somebody just buy this country and manage it like a football club grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 2:13am On May 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:
"From the benefit of hindsight and historically, most distribution of power sectors realised that when you introduce prepaid meters, revenue drops. Because it is prepaid, people get conscious of consumption and they thereby reduce usage. Then we discovered that prepayment leads to more bypassing. If we meter the distribution transformers, at least we can audit and know what energy has gone to a particular area and from there we can then see the bills that have not been issued. We will know that within that locality there is an issue and we can then send our team to go and look at what is happening. We have decided to do a mix: post-paid metering, prepaid metering and also metering the distribution transformers. By this, we will be able to have real case scenarios."

shocked

Sir so u are one of the people swallowing our money lol na joke Ooo sir.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 2:15am On May 14, 2018
Turkeelex:

Sir so u are one of the people swallowing our money lol na joke Ooo sir.

I need one for my site and I've been told that there's none available.

So I'm on a social media warpath with them until they give me one.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by blowjohn(m): 2:16am On May 14, 2018
futurism:
If something as simple as prepaid meter can be become a problem, what makes you think Nigeria will ever get constant power supply? It further explains what people have been saying that the Nigeria not experiencing constant power supply is due to some persons preventing...

neonly, thanks for your contribution.

That further buttresses the point that the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians. Not religion.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 2:26am On May 14, 2018
Get yourself updated. Soon some private contractors called MAPs - meter access providers will be licensed to sell prepaid meters . It's soon going to be like you going out there to buy a sim card.

They were supposed to start functioning April 28 but politics is holding them back.

Even Phcn in my area is going out there ones they've being keeping free.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 2:29am On May 14, 2018
damola1:
I just paid 100k to get prepaid meter.

You are not supposed to pay. It's now free . Am sure you weren't given receipt for that transaction.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 2:34am On May 14, 2018
olubankemi:
Get yourself updated. Soon some private contractors called MAPs - meter access providers will be licensed to sell prepaid meters . It's soon going to be like you going out there to buy a sim card.

They were supposed to start functioning April 28 but politics is holding them back.

I need a meter in Elebu Ibadan, what are the steps?
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 2:53am On May 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I need one for my site and I've been told that there's none available.
So I'm on a social media warpath with them until they give me one.
Ok sir hopefully they will do the needful.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by graphicswordpre: 3:10am On May 14, 2018
hmmmm
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by XaintJoel20: 3:20am On May 14, 2018
Josh44s:

Oboy na free light me dey use for the past 8 months now. Don’t ask me why and how because PHCN staff caused it. Whenever they come to my hood, I just let loose my neighbor’s Caucasians and Boeboel.
So that gives you joy? You are part of the problem we are facing as a country.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 3:25am On May 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I need a meter in Elebu Ibadan, what are the steps?

EgunMogaji:
Only a broke man will be worrying about this.

Marry a good woman and work hard to make sure she never lacks.

Do you think Zuckerberg is sitting around worrying about how much his wife makes?

Povertious souls angry

funny thing is people like you are broke in reality..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by blank(f): 3:26am On May 14, 2018
futurism:
People. Should go through the link below. We are fuucckked in this country.

I can get anybody a prepaid meter but seeing the kind of evil men at the
helm of power supply frustrating the availability of the meter, I might be arrested if found out and how to integrate the meter into their system is another hurdle so that you can recharge it.

You're a criminal.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Promxy94(m): 3:38am On May 14, 2018
Our meter was stolen before I was born, yet they still bring outrageous bills to my house, even when the light isn't up to one full week, In a month.
Well who pays that fucking bill?, there was even a time we decided to clear our old bill, because they promised us a new meter, but they never fulfilled it. So now I don't pay there fucking bills any longer, until Phed gives us a prepaid meter
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Nobody: 3:39am On May 14, 2018
Turkeelex:

Ok sir hopefully they will do the needful.

I'm hopeful too.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by futurism: 3:44am On May 14, 2018
blank:

You're a criminal.
what do you know? Who were the previous sellers? Where did they get it from? What defines a criminal act? Are the current players not short changing Nigerians? You are just an ignorant Nigerian and so I won't waste my energy.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by futurism: 3:46am On May 14, 2018
olubankemi:

Bro, what if I as a persona knows where to get the meter from? Can I apply for MAP and be license? What are the procedures and fees involved?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by sokera: 3:48am On May 14, 2018
Just a serious policy and law will solve the problem but our government are not smart or it just wickedness, the senate are suppose to be discussing these kind of issues but instead they prefer to go to go check Dino in the hospital.... government just need to make a law that no prepaid meter no pay by customers then you will see all these distributing companies will provide meters under just one month

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by maisauki: 3:48am On May 14, 2018
It reduces d income of DISCOs and their workers... reconnection fees, "plz don't cut our light",u know
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by damola1: 3:56am On May 14, 2018
olubankemi:

You are not supposed to pay. It's now free . Am sure you weren't given receipt for that transaction.

Receipt Ke. I pray I even get it. Last Nepa guy I gave 100k to in december, I had to threaten him to get my money back in April.

I have met with the head for Nepa in my area, and he says no meter, but I don't want estimated. Light is not so bad, but in last 3 days now, no light. and I will burn fuel and still pay such huge price on estimated. It cannot work.

WHere can I get it for free?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by ShinyJay22(m): 4:08am On May 14, 2018
A country built on exploiting the poor masses would always be limited in growth.How do we attain improved power supply when the DISCO's have refused to do the needful by sharing the prepaid meters? I'm quite sure that if the government had made it mandatory for the DISCO's to provide prepaid meters before they can generate revenue since 2013 maybe by now we would have been getting at least 20 hours of electricity per day.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by johnsonedidiong(m): 4:22am On May 14, 2018
Please guys I need help I have articles to public in nairaland please how do go about that mail me on johnsonedidiong23@yahooo.com or my WhatsApp number is 08131939243 just WhatsApp alone thanks
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Born2Breed(f): 4:23am On May 14, 2018
The discos are hording the meters,they know the very day its made available to every home their scam and illegal exhortation will come to an end.

Estimated billing is a scam that is as old as Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by tenmariner: 4:38am On May 14, 2018
I love this thread. U see heeen, the government knows our weak point as citizens. Our weak points includes the following; Tribal, religion and political party. Immediately we stop to consider this when addressing national issues the better for us. How on earth should the unavailability of prepaid metre in which I will pay for linger for donkey years. I pay for power that I can only imagine consuming. Accumulated bills here and there. This is how we should address issues in unison and let's put the triad of bigotry aside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki Visits Olusegun Obasanjo (Pics/Video) / New Ondo Deputy Governor, Others Set To Dump PDP For APC.. / Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.