Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,483 members, 7,801,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? (23189 Views)

Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters / Consumers Kick As FG Raises Prices Of Prepaid Meters / NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by seunlayi(m): 6:59am On May 14, 2018
futurism:
bros, I am business minded, so when problems become too much, it triggers my inquisitive mind and intrigue me.

I didn't pay attention until a few weeks ago but the last few days has been intensely pulling my attention to it.

If not that I don't have connection in high places, getting this meter is at simple as ABC and it's not even as expensive as it is sold in Nigeria and my fear is getting arrested if I should start selling it.

And @blank calling me a criminal is just the most ignorant person on this thread.

those people they claim to manufacture in Nigeria are just fooling around. They don't manufacture shiiit. Na Assembling dem dey do.

But I will try to see if I can break into the niche since one guy says they are offering license. The demand is fuuucking high and one can't afford to miss on such hot market.

I created this thread from the stand point of an ignorant person intentionally for a reason to answer two questions that came to my mind when the idea hit me.

1. Is it politics or 2 is it really scarce. If it were 1, then bad news and if it is 2, then good news.

Apparently the scarcity is no1, politics...

One of those times one wish they have connections.

have you Forgotten how Jonathan govt placed a mass order for prepared meter to Fulfil govt move towards privatization {many already got theirs for free} which was later canceled by Fashola.... He later presented another bill before the NA for same purpose when the dollar was high. Since then, they started holding the meters
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by authority2006(m): 7:00am On May 14, 2018
futurism:
If something as simple as prepaid meter can be become a problem, what makes you think Nigeria will ever get constant power supply? It further explains what people have been saying that the Nigeria not experiencing constant power supply is due to some persons preventing...

neonly, thanks for your contribution.

And what federal government, DISCOS AND GENCOS don't understand is that non availability of prepaid meters is also the reason why many people are wasting energy. If every household connected to the power grid has prepaid meter, the rate at which people are wasting energy will be drastically reduced and power supply will be available for longer hours.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by flavunit: 7:02am On May 14, 2018
If every household gets prepaid meter, the Discos will sit up, because if there is no light there will be no consumption and no payment, the issue of the consumers must repair their bad transformer will reduce and Disco will put more efforts to provide electricity, this is what they are afraid of and will do everything to sabotage provision of prepaid Myers to customers, I blame Jonathan government for privatizing PHCN without providing at least 60% prepaid meters across Nigeria.
futurism:
I have been thinking about this for some time now and I would like people in the know to help with answer.

Why aren't there prepaid meter for supply?

Is it politics or there really are non available for use?

I mean did they stop the supply of the prepaid meter because they make more money from houses that do not have the meter or it is true that meter are not really available?

Please if anybody has an idea why people can not get prepaid meter from power companies, please answer

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by tosinet(m): 7:06am On May 14, 2018
futurism:
bros, I am business minded, so when problems become too much, it triggers my inquisitive mind and intrigue me.

I didn't pay attention until a few weeks ago but the last few days has been intensely pulling my attention to it.

If not that I don't have connection in high places, getting this meter is at simple as ABC and it's not even as expensive as it is sold in Nigeria and my fear is getting arrested if I should start selling it.

And @blank calling me a criminal is just the most ignorant person on this thread.

those people they claim to manufacture in Nigeria are just fooling around. They don't manufacture shiiit. Na Assembling dem dey do.

But I will try to see if I can break into the niche since one guy says they are offering license. The demand is fuuucking high and one can't afford to miss on such hot market.

I created this thread from the stand point of an ignorant person intentionally for a reason to answer two questions that came to my mind when the idea hit me.

1. Is it politics or 2 is it really scarce. If it were 1, then bad news and if it is 2, then good news.

Apparently the scarcity is no1, politics...

One of those times one wish they have connections.

That's what I'm saying, its really easy to get the prepaid meters from manufacturers outside the country, but phcn will frustrate the effort by not integrating it to the system. They will be giving you some grammar about its quality, uniformity, that it won't read well etc they will just be bringing such excuses to maintain the status quo.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by erico2k2(m): 7:07am On May 14, 2018
futurism:
Good.... you just answered what I had asked above. So the none availability is politics.

I had a reason for asking. Thanks.
Ofcos it's pure politics.if we all have PYG meters ni one will tell PHCN to fix up. U won't even need to report faults . Look at the telecoms coy . Do you need to report faults if one if thier signal beamers gi down ? No
They woukd be forced to invest .
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by erico2k2(m): 7:10am On May 14, 2018
authority2006:

And what federal government, DISCOS AND GENCOS don't understand is that non availability of prepaid meters is also the reason why many people are wasting energy. If every household connected to the power grid has prepaid meter, the rate at which people are wasting will be drastically reduced and power supply will be available for longer hours.
This is very true.one yard near my dad has an outside light directly wired . No switch . Nah this light the area dey take know en Nepa bring light. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by erico2k2(m): 7:11am On May 14, 2018
seunlayi:
have you Forgotten how Jonathan govt placed a mass order for prepared meter to Fulfil govt move towards privatization {many already got theirs for free} which was later canceled by Fashola.... He later presented another bill before the NA for same purpose when the dollar was high. Since then, they started holding the meters
I remember quite well.He has vested interest in this.one day the truth would come out.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by damola1: 7:14am On May 14, 2018
Horus:

You just paid for a prepaid meter that should be supplied and installed for FREE

Even the application form is FREE

How will I get it for free?

The head ikedc in area says not available

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by tosinet(m): 7:14am On May 14, 2018
authority2006:

And what federal government, DISCOS AND GENCOS don't understand is that non availability of prepaid meters is also the reason why many people are wasting energy. If every household connected to the power grid has prepaid meter, the rate at which people are wasting will be drastically reduced and power supply will be available for longer hours.

You're right. That's why anytime they are saying they want to increase tariff, I say no problem but it should be implemented after giving me a prepaid meter.

If everyone is one prepaid meter, there will be energy efficiency. You won't put on appliances you are not using as you know the more power you consume the more your recharge card runs out.

There are several appliances with watts as high as 2000w, 2500w and bulbs of 200w or higher that people use today that will be abandon if they are using prepaid meter. There are energy saving appliances now available that will reduce consumer's power consumption thereby making power available to others not having it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by wizjid69: 7:19am On May 14, 2018
futurism:
I have been thinking about this for some time now and I would like people in the know to help with answer.

I mean did they stop the supply of the prepaid meter because they make more money from houses that do not have the meter or it is true that meter are not really available?

Please if anybody has an idea why people can not get prepaid meter from power companies, please answer

There are policies in place but the issue is implementation. Govt has not pursued the issue with any conviction. They make a statement and sit back and fold their arms and hope it works.
This is why the crooked power companies keep assaulting customers with incredible bills.
They know that pre-paid meters will reduce their income and it will stop corrupt officials from making illegal profits.
We need the govt to pursue policies earnestly on behalf of the Nigerian people.
Its the only way power generation can improve in this country because once the power companies can only get paid from the services they provide then they will provide as much as they can so that they can make profits.
It is as simple as that.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Truflame: 7:23am On May 14, 2018
It's extremely sad seeing how AEDC officials are stripping people of their hard earned money in Abuja. They bring all sort of excuses when the public asked them for pre paid metre but preferred the estimated billing because of their insatiable urge to exploit the people.

Wicked soul. One day, these people may reincarnate in an environment where they'll experience the same measure of wickedness they served the public and they'll begin to wonder why these harsh punishment.

Karma will not give them the glimpse of the origin of these suffering but the cause lies in their former life.

Indeed, they have sinned.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by CocoaOla: 7:29am On May 14, 2018
whether will give you light or not you must pay! stupid Nigerians and if u fight us We will call police to kill you! so Just keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by authority2006(m): 7:29am On May 14, 2018
seunlayi:

Which year did Jonathan place the order, which year was privatization concluded and which year did Fashola come on board? If Jonathan indeed placed mass order for prepaid meters to fulfill govt move towards privatization, how would it be possible for Fashola who came years later after privatization to cancel it?

My point is that you got it wrong. There were already problems with issuance of prepaid meters before Jonathan left. Fashola through NERC stopped DISCOs from collecting further money from new customers since they couldn't supply meters to those who had already paid for it.

And the meters that were distributed freely to customers were the first sets when prepaid meters were recently introduced and it had nothing to do with privatization. You got your timeline of events wrong.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by futurism: 7:30am On May 14, 2018
tosinet:

That's what I'm saying, its really easy to get the prepaid meters from manufacturers outside the country, but phcn will frustrate the effort by not integrating it to the system. They will be giving you some grammar about its quality, uniformity, that it won't read well etc they will just be bringing such excuses to maintain the status quo.
Your head dey there bro. Na only God go save us for this country.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by CocoaOla: 7:32am On May 14, 2018
whether will give you light or not you must pay! stupid Nigerians and if u fight us We will call police to kill you! so Just keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by futurism: 7:32am On May 14, 2018
authority2006:

Which year did Jonathan place the order, which year was privatization concluded and which year did Fashola come on board? If Jonathan indeed placed mass order for prepaid meters to fulfill govt move towards privatization, how would it be possible for Fashola who came years later after privatization to cancel it?

My point is that you got it wrong. There were already problems with issuance of prepaid meters before Jonathan left. Fashola through NERC stopped DISCOs from collecting further money from new customers since they couldn't supply meters to those who had already paid for it.

And the meters that were distributed freely to customers were the first sets when prepaid meters were recently introduced and it had nothing to do with privatization. You got your timeline of events wrong.
TRUE!
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by dawahlarry: 7:33am On May 14, 2018
TMemos:
This is the kind of question which we should be asking
This is the kind of conversation we should be having everyday

This question is issue-based
We should be asking our government questions that are specific and measurable

How many prepaid metres did Buhari meet in May 2015?

How many prepaid metres are available to customers now (May 2018)?

How many prepaid metres will be available by May 2019?

Let's not make it tribal or political party based.

Estimated billing is cheating and amounts to corruption

Enough is enough!

Why should supplying metres which customers will PAY FOR become a problem?

This is the kind of thread that should be on the front page, rather than stories of cleavage baring slay queens undecided

I think the best place to ask these reasonable questions is NERC twitter handle. God bless you, bro.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Springz(f): 7:49am On May 14, 2018
Honestly, the way this country cheats the average Nigerian eh and the painful thing is majority of us love.
They don't want to be giving constant light so that the generator sellers won't go out of business, now provide prepaid meter so that consumers can only pay for what they have consumed but alas, prepaid meters have become scarce.
You will See Nigerians online in a daily mocking other African countries. Those countries don't have this light issue like we do. I saw a thread the other day about Mozambique and their constant power supply.
We are here making battling light and prepaid meters.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Enugufirstson(m): 7:52am On May 14, 2018
embarassed
This forces someone to imagine what the so-called Minister of Power have been doing for the past 3 yrs
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Horus(m): 8:04am On May 14, 2018
damola1:

How will I get it for free?

The head ikedc in area says not available

Here https://connectnigeria.com/articles/2017/07/get-prepaid-meter-nigeria/
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Khonvicted(m): 8:09am On May 14, 2018
Horus:

You just paid for a prepaid meter that should be supplied and installed for FREE

Even the application form is FREE

Bros, abeg how is it done ?
Modified:
Okay, I’ve seen the link above
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:13am On May 14, 2018
This prepaid meter is really confusing me and l am fed up. l do not understand why phcn cannot make this meters available to consumers
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Officialnelly(m): 8:15am On May 14, 2018
Meter is been manufactured in akwaibom state but dis guys just refused to patronize them[/quote]

I would like to put some questions across to you because you sounds so sure with your claims.

(1)Have you laid your hands on any of those meters you said are being manufactured in Akwa Ibom State?

(2)Why would a meter be produced in Akwa Ibom State and has Made in China incripted on it not even Nigeria and claimed the meters are being manufactured in Akwa Ibom State or do we have China as a state in Nigeria?

It's just like saying the mobile phones we all are using are made in Nigeria but has Made in China clearly incripted on it. That's a big mix up bro.
Meter is been manufactured in akwaibom state but dis guys just refused to patronize them[/quote] I would like to put some questions across to you because you sounds so sure with your claims. (1)Have you laid your hands on any of those meters you said are being manufactured in Akwa Ibom State? (2)Why would a meter be produced in Akwa Ibom State and has Made in China incripted on it not even Nigeria and claimed the meters are being manufactured in Akwa Ibom State or do we have China as a state in Nigeria? It's just like saying the mobile phones we all are using are made in Nigeria but has Made in China clearly incripted on it. That's a big mix up bro.
Meter is been manufactured in akwaibom state but dis guys just refused to patronize them[/quote] I would like to put some questions across to you because you sounds so sure with your claims. (1)Have you laid your hands on any of those meters you said are being manufactured in Akwa Ibom State? (2)Why would a meter be produced in Akwa Ibom State and has Made in China incripted on it not even Nigeria and claimed the meters are being manufactured in Akwa Ibom State or do we have China as a state in Nigeria? It's just like saying the mobile phones we all are using are made in Nigeria but has Made in China clearly incripted on it. That's a big mix up bro.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Offpoint: 8:19am On May 14, 2018
Josh44s:

Oboy na free light me dey use for the past 8 months now. Don’t ask me why and how because PHCN staff caused it. Whenever they come to my hood, I just let loose my neighbor’s Caucasians and Boeboel.
That's high level of corruptiongrin if you ever contest for Nigeria president I no go vote yougrin
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by fireback: 8:32am On May 14, 2018
then who says buhari is not corrupt? if he cannot stop this electrical corruption that is stirring at Nigerians, that means he is the Chief corruption himself.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by pedrilo: 8:32am On May 14, 2018
And somebody will try to convince me that BUHARI is fighting corruption.
Maybe he is not aware Nigerians don't have prepaid meter cos he is never aware of anything.
And FASHOLA the minister of power is not aware.
Let us keep deceiving ourselves in this country.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Neoteny(m): 8:33am On May 14, 2018
futurism:

Shiit costs money and you want it for free.

Then when you get it, you tamper with it to siphon free energy because you're a lazy corrupt Nigerian who wants everything for free.

And while watching AIT with your stolen energy you hiss at the corruption of our leaders, while the Disco suffers losses because of your own corruption.

Yep. That's why.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by pedrilo: 8:34am On May 14, 2018
Neoteny:

Shiit costs money and you want it for free.

Then when you get it, you tamper with it to siphon free energy because you're a lazy corrupt Nigerian who wants everything for free.

And while watching AIT with your stolen energy you hiss at the corruption of our leaders, while the Disco suffers losses because of your own corruption.

Yep. That's why.
Cognitively delayed schmuck!
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Neoteny(m): 8:35am On May 14, 2018
pedrilo:
Cognitively delayed schmuck!

I betcha think you sounded smart, eh?

I'm sure the ladies are impressed, o gifted wordsmith.
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Josh44s(m): 8:36am On May 14, 2018
XaintJoel20:

So that gives you joy? You are part of the problem we are facing as a country.

My prepaid metre runs faster than Usain Bolt bro. Once I load 4K recharge, under one and half weeks it’s finish and everything in my house is energy saving. I have gone to BEDC office to complain more than 40 times and what they did do about it? Nothing! I go dey waste my fuel driving there everyday? The country don Kukuma kpafuka Finish so many I dey enjoy my own way of looting too na.

Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by Flexskillz(m): 8:52am On May 14, 2018
My in-laws were supplied the meters some time ago, I think the last set that were distributed. Before then, they were scared that the will need to really minimise the use of certain appliances and that the meters were no going to be as beneficial as I explained to them.

2 years down the lane, and now they are forever grateful that they have them. And that even with the use of all their household appliances, it is far cheaper than estimated billing.

My point is this, if these meters are everywhere, and well secuted , in the long run most people will not be thinking of bypassing or tampering with them, because they will just realise eventually that it is needless to do so.

Let them be available first, before you start discussing how they will fail.
If strict penalties are made for tampering with the meters, people will think twice before they do.

I've seen people who paid dearly for doing these acts and were caught. Someone once paid over a hundred thousand when theirs was discovered.

It can work and it will work.

We advocate for prepaid maters. Say no to estimated billing. Not all Nigerians are bad!!!
Re: What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? by EVarn(m): 8:56am On May 14, 2018
@EIGood, can you post a link or caption of the 2013 power share purchase agreement?, especially the clause where November 2, 2018 is the stipulated deadline for maximum prepaid distribution (performance agreement).

I may need it for a write-up currently in the pipeline. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? / Anambra 2022 Governorship Transition Committee full List / “Keep Spending Old Naira” – El-Rufai Tells Kaduna Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.