Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) (59623 Views)

An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by MKO4ever(m): 1:05pm On May 14, 2018
Broda, you missed the cable car experience!!!

Trust me, it is scarier and more more fun than the road trip

And next time you are visiting the ranch, please go through Benue State.

Distance from Calabar to Obudu is much and tiring

1 Like

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by oluwaahmed: 1:05pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
planning such trip to enugu anytime soon, can't wait to see that waterfall they hyped so much.

quick questions though
What's cowrywise?
Is they any other fun stuff to do there? I don't like the idea of enduring blistering cold and fog just to climb a mountain.
And why is it called a cattle ranch? I was thinking they'd be cattles and Buffaloes more like a safari.
And the accomodation is nothing special just basic, i think they're ripping people off. When i went to UNN i stayed at golden valley nsukka and the rooms there cost 12k but has cable tv, a spacious bed with duvet covers, Bedside intercom, wardrobe, warm shower, AC and a bedside fridge.

The place is dead now. The cable car is not functioning else op would have snapped in it. Go somewhere else with your money, the place ain't worth it anymore.
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 14, 2018
Karmatyra:
27th of this month is my buffday. Wanted to take a trip to the ranch....alone! This one op warned against going alone.... Will I survive?
let me take you.all expense paid.pm me if interested
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nsonaso(m): 1:06pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
Been researching lately and they said they have two waterfalls, one is anwunm or whatever its called, the other i forgot the name grin
Is actually Ohum (Awhum)

There is a Catholic Monastery there...

1 Like

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by ChiefSweetus: 1:07pm On May 14, 2018
Nice story, but does Chidinma's umunna know that she is following man to a strange land to spend weekend on the same bed? angry sad
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by neonly: 1:09pm On May 14, 2018
Obudu is a wonderful place to be honestly remember when I use to maintain der gym der during Donald I never wanted to come down from d hotel d air is wonder is just place of piece of mind
Looking for where to spend yur honeymoon obudu is a preferred place

1 Like

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by vincentjk(m): 1:16pm On May 14, 2018
What an adventure, I promise to visit one day when i have a girlfriend of my own and possibly my dog too (murphy)

But where are the cattles now?

1 Like

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 1:16pm On May 14, 2018
Nsonaso:

Is actually Ohum (Awhum)

There is a Catholic Monastery there...
So its real afterall, ever been there? I'm really enthusiastic about visiting the place, i don't mind staying a whole week
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 14, 2018
Pricing has killed this place. No one seems to know how to manage the tourism sector in the country, always thinking that skyrocket prices are synonymous with standard.

2 Likes

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by vincentjk(m): 1:17pm On May 14, 2018
ChiefSweetus:
Nice story, but does Chidinma's umunna know that she is following man to a strange land to spend weekend on the same bed? angry sad

If you were chidinma you'll tell your umunna Abi?? Lol
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 1:17pm On May 14, 2018
oluwaahmed:

The place is dead now. The cable car is not functioning else op would have snapped in it. Go somewhere else with your money, the place ain't worth it anymore.
grinNigeria my country, I thought as much

1 Like

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 14, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Der are local government staffs and der are on strike.
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by kushercain: 1:19pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
Really? Thanks, do you know nike lake resort? Is it in same LGA with the waterfall?

You mean the ohum spiritual water falls right It's about 45km away from the resort. Have you been to the resort before
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
grinNigeria my country, I thought as much

Workers der are on strike.
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by rexesq(m): 1:20pm On May 14, 2018
this is beautiful.

oh my home, oooooh my home (2times) when shall I see my home? when shall I see my native land? I will never forget my home.
please ladies, I've got a chioma...
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 1:21pm On May 14, 2018
Martin0:

nor be lie you talk oo from the way I take dey see am eh, e look boring sha...

or maybe you fit just follow me Waka Waka for December, Just that I don't know how free you are especially if mum and dad go worry about you...
Mum and dad are travelling too but i ain't going with them, I don't like waka waka either, but i love it when i go around visiting tourist attractions and all, I've got timberland hiking boots cool and ya obudu is super boring
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 1:25pm On May 14, 2018
ndy87:

Workers der are on strike.

Ya and this only happens in Nigeria SMH
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 1:26pm On May 14, 2018
kushercain:

You mean the ohum spiritual water falls right It's about 45km away from the resort. Have you been to the resort before
Nope but it's where I'll be staying
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by menix(m): 1:26pm On May 14, 2018
OnlyAmethyst:
I've heard of this place and I have always wanted to go, I live a boring life and would really love to change that...

So wen would u want us to go
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 14, 2018
OnlyAmethyst:
I've heard of this place and I have always wanted to go, I live a boring life and would really love to change that...
let go together
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by fiftynaira(m): 1:26pm On May 14, 2018
goldbim park few things I travel light... destination calabar
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Aspireahead(m): 1:27pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
planning such trip to enugu anytime soon, can't wait to see that waterfall they hyped so much.

quick questions though
What's cowrywise?
Is they any other fun stuff to do there? I don't like the idea of enduring blistering cold and fog just to climb a mountain.
And why is it called a cattle ranch? I was thinking they'd be cattles and Buffaloes more like a safari.
And the accomodation is nothing special just basic, i think they're ripping people off. When i went to UNN i stayed at golden valley nsukka and the rooms there cost 12k but has cable tv, a spacious bed with duvet covers, Bedside intercom, wardrobe, warm shower, AC and a bedside fridge.

The place is overrated but I dont think the experience is. I think the thing with the ranch is that it holds wonder and a thousand surprises. If you get there try to chat up with the workers and hear from the workers how they run the place.

The place was a cattle ranch owned by a Canadian family before Donald Duke changed it.
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by killuminati(m): 1:27pm On May 14, 2018
Culin:
angry just opened this thread to make sure it wasn't my boyfriend taking another girl to obudu.
lol grin so was it him?

^that snake on you dress though cry
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by goldbim(f): 1:27pm On May 14, 2018
fiftynaira:
goldbim park few things I travel light... destination calabar
noted,bae cool cool.can't wait!

1 Like

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 14, 2018
vincentjk:
What an adventure, I promise to visit one day when i have a girlfriend of my own and possibly my dog too (murphy)

But where are the cattles now?
smile" girlfriend of your own, lol
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Sammiejo: 1:32pm On May 14, 2018
Anyone who has made this trip form Lagos, please share how you went about the booking and transportation arrangement.
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by justchill(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2018
Culin:
angry just opened this thread to make sure it wasn't muy boyfriend taking another girl to obudu.

you have got a soul soothing smile grin, i could give you an obudu cattle ranch trip assurance wink kiss
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Martin0(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
Mum and dad are travelling too but i ain't going with them, I don't like waka waka either, but i love it when i go around visiting tourist attractions and all, I've got timberland hiking boots cool and ya obudu is super boring

miss timberlandgrin have told you, come and Waka waka with me,grin have got so many places to go this December honestly...

But your love it, especially tourist center's and am not familiar with such kinda life, like to visit States, countries and offcurse u know the usual for men, but hey follow me and possibly we go visit tourist centers together
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Gerrard59(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2018
oluwaahmed:

This happens when the governor of the state is a big-headed cretin. I've always known Ayade to be a cretin, but certainly, not this cretinous.

The ranch should be privatised, and roads made accessible.

These tourists' attractions na money and having a partner. The former can be arranged, but the latter lipsrsealed
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 14, 2018
Looks like fun.
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by 042born: 1:36pm On May 14, 2018
I've never been to OBUDU but i will go there very soon. My next staycation, i'll be going to akwuke sand beach in enugu or ogbunike cave in anambra...
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Martin0(m): 1:36pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:

hey someone mentioned something about " the place is dead " not going again jor, Will just focus on my trips to the francophone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Random Photos Of Istanbul Turkey From The Lens Of My J2 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.