Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) (59609 Views)

An 11-Minute Space Trip With Jeff Bezos: Bidder Pays $28m (Photos) / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 9:46pm On May 14, 2018
splenzard:

You should have tried Jerry Marriott ....that hotel is lit... stayed there for almost a week without seeing the sun 10k per night
I know it, i think the place is boring
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by OBALORLA(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
what's 042
Enugu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by naturefellow(m): 9:52pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
Well jumia travel said its in udi
Ok. Good for you and Bon voyage :-)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by femimighty(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2018
Karmatyra:
27th of this month is my buffday. Wanted to take a trip to the ranch....alone! This one op warned against going alone.... Will I survive?

We can go together if you don't mind though the bill is on u o!!
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Martin0(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
grinI guess I'll be doing the talking while you help me carry my backpack

no wahala ,dat na small thin na, very easygrin

anything else for me to carry
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:
what's 042
oh my bad, it's the code name for Enugu
Origin: the area phone code
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:

trust me, with the right folks, Nsukka is lit

when next will you be visiting
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:

when next will you be visiting?
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 9:57pm On May 14, 2018
splenzard:

when next will you be visiting?
I think after the rainy season, i cannot be trekking through one wet forest in the name of tourism
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 9:58pm On May 14, 2018
splenzard:

oh my bad, it's the code name for Enugu

Origin: the area phone code
lol good to know smiley
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 9:58pm On May 14, 2018
Martin0:

no wahala ,dat na small thin na, very easygrin

anything else for me to carry
Me when I'm exhausted grin
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Martin0(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:

hahahahgringringrin lazy exhausted youthgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Martin0(m): 10:55pm On May 14, 2018
mhisbliss:

my research time is just some few minutes inn..

enjoy your time here, later we go yan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by RighteousI: 11:01pm On May 14, 2018
the op sounds gullible. he even called a beer parlour a "pub", he must think he is in Manchester, England...lol.
he keeps talking about this "chidinma", he tries to tell us a romantic story of him and this chidinma girl. I see optimism in the op, optimism which will fast fade away once the op who sounds like a rich kid gets to experience the true colours of the zoo and it's inhabiants.
Even the so called obudu is overrated. can it compete with Kruger Park in South Africa, parks in Namibia, victoria falls, the grand canyon etc?

the country needs strong working class youths that will work to end the violence, killings, mutilations, robberies, rape, kidnappings, terrorism, hate, poverty and anger in the zoo. the country needs not selfish, spoilt, rich, sheepish and romantic male youths that like writing subtle love stories about trips they had with chidinma as if they and those they live with in their zoo are gentle, progressive, civilized and good British people.
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Enugufirstson(m): 11:25pm On May 14, 2018
Karmatyra:
27th of this month is my buffday. Wanted to take a trip to the ranch....alone! This one op warned against going alone.... Will I survive?

Let's go there kiss
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by chukxie(m): 1:50am On May 15, 2018
@ Op: Your writing skills are good. I love the way your play with words; and your use of humour made your article an interesting read. Do you make YouTube videos?

1 Like

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by aywhy93(m): 6:35am On May 15, 2018
OnlyAmethyst:
I've heard of this place and I have always wanted to go, I live a boring life and would really love to change that...

Let me take you there nah..! I'd Also Love to Change That Boring Part. smiley
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by 2baga(m): 9:55am On May 15, 2018
is it your quote grin grin grin

Daisy17:

Did you have to quote the whole post?
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Nobody: 11:46am On May 15, 2018
mhisbliss:
I think after the rainy season, i cannot be trekking through one wet forest in the name of tourism

cheesy she just called Nsukka a forest

I can't wait to prove you wrong

08183424957 (WhatsApp)
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by boyjo: 12:41pm On May 15, 2018
Gosh..wait...is this all there is to the Ranch? sad
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by OBALORLA(m): 1:05pm On May 15, 2018
chukxie:
@ Op: Your writing skills are good. I love the way your play with words; and your use of humour made your article an interesting read. Do you make YouTube videos?

Thanks for the acknowledgement.
I actually just launched a YouTube channel.
Please subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqB4KydWO99qODVVKikRN6g
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by OBALORLA(m): 1:09pm On May 15, 2018
dnwabz:
Kudos Op for the write up.... It was so beautifully put together(unfortunately most people never noticed it)... Guess you were a good Literature student during your school days.... Honestly the beauty of your writting made it captivating.... Thumbs up

I'm honestly humbled by your admiration.
The last literature class I actuallly took was in Jss3/Ss1 when we read story books.
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Daisy17: 1:12pm On May 15, 2018
2baga:
is it your quote grin grin grin
D

Lol no
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by chukxie(m): 1:12pm On May 15, 2018
OBALORLA:

Thanks for the acknowledgement.
I actually just launched a YouTube channel.
Please subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqB4KydWO99qODVVKikRN6g

Nice! Subscribing...

1 Like

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by encrypt(m): 3:19pm On May 15, 2018
mhisbliss:
Its called a cattle ranch for God sake
They have cattles actually, the ranch is at the bottom of the hill. Most people just aren't interested in looking at them.
Other than the weather and the view.. Not much to be seen at OBudu.. Been there twice.
I think I had more fun in calabar itself.
Didn't visit the canopy walk though.. Went to the holy mountain as it's called...
Long walk!
Drank palm wine danced round a fire.. Not a bad time...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 3:36pm On May 15, 2018
encrypt:

They have cattles actually, the ranch is at the bottom of the hill. Most people just aren't interested in looking at them.
Other than the weather and the view.. Not much to be seen at OBudu.. Been there twice.
I think I had more fun in calabar itself.
Didn't visit the canopy walk though.. Went to the holy mountain as it's called...
Long walk!
Drank palm wine danced round a fire.. Not a bad time...
Still sounds boring though
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by peacengine(m): 3:42pm On May 15, 2018
mhisbliss:

I'm from there, it's not boring. We can go there together let me take you around, hope you won't come with your boyfriend
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by encrypt(m): 3:44pm On May 15, 2018
mhisbliss:
That's a function of who you go with. I went in a group...twas fun
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 3:53pm On May 15, 2018
peacengine:

I'm from there, it's not boring. We can go there together let me take you around, hope you won't come with your boyfriend
Would you be cool with a handsome, total stranger spending some alone time with your girlfriend in a strange place in the name of showing her around?
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by mhisbliss(f): 3:55pm On May 15, 2018
encrypt:

That's a function of who you go with. I went in a group...twas fun
Ya and thats why i choosed enugu, fun and sunny
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by Luckygurl(f): 11:33pm On May 15, 2018
mhisbliss:
planning such trip to enugu anytime soon, can't wait to see that waterfall they hyped so much.

quick questions though
What's cowrywise?
Is they any other fun stuff to do there? I don't like the idea of enduring blistering cold and fog just to climb a mountain.
And why is it called a cattle ranch? I was thinking they'd be cattles and Buffaloes more like a safari.
And the accomodation is nothing special just basic, i think they're ripping people off. When i went to UNN i stayed at golden valley nsukka and the rooms there cost 12k but has cable tv, a spacious bed with duvet covers, Bedside intercom, wardrobe, warm shower, AC and a bedside fridge.

Lol!!

You can't compare the standard of living at nsukka to other places.
A standard hotel room at nsukka could go as low as 7-8k but same isn't obtainable at Enugu town.
Re: A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) by pinkgems(f): 4:00pm On May 17, 2018
Super informative and an interesting read.

Thank you.

[quote author=OBALORLA post=67544135]
After a terrible road trip on Friday, I remained indoor for most part of Saturday. I took breakfast but couldn’t remember what it tasted like. Chidinma dragged me out of bed after noon to brush my teeth and shower. Clad with just my boxers short, I collapsed face-down on the 50″ by 100″ foam she used as bed. It was obvious we weren’t traveling to Obudu cattle ranch again that day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Random Photos Of Istanbul Turkey From The Lens Of My J2 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.