Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor (6826 Views)

Fleet Manager Needed / Let Me Be Your Uber/taxify Fleet Manager.. / A Business Manager/investor Urgently Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 12:02pm On May 22, 2018
shepherdchurch:
I have a 2010 corolla and plan on buy two 2006 toyota matrix for the business this week.
Is matrix good for the business?
Can you manage these cars for me?

every car is as good as it's maintenance scheduling and driver handling

can we manage YES ... though we have found ourselves comfortable with the Kia rio wink
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 1:43pm On May 22, 2018
Another driver matched... deposit dropped ... work starts counting from 22nd Wednesday
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 6:28am On May 23, 2018
When giving out vehicles, make sure the driver reads thru and fully understands all T&C.

It reduces any explanation after vehicle has been released
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 6:30am On May 23, 2018
Carshopper:
We will kick off a weekly dialogue on managing vehicles/driver/maintenance starting with a newly acquired 2007 hyundai elantra

The process we put in play is as follows:

Vehicle : 2007 Hyundai elantra 2.0L

Weekly rent : 40,000

Security deposit : 65% of week rent

Guarantor : guarantees to 15,000 plus driver damage due to negligence

ROI time frame : 10months

Kick off date 15th May 2018

First week done .. first payment made ... Zero issues ... we gaining momentum
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 6:32am On May 23, 2018
One in our fleet had A.C. issues also needs tyre replacement ... Fixed and hitting the road today

2009 Kia Spectra 2.0L
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by shepherdchurch: 7:11am On May 23, 2018
Carshopper:

every car is as good as it's maintenance scheduling and driver handling

can we manage YES ... though we have found ourselves comfortable with the Kia rio wink

Can we talk? Pls drop your number so I can reach you.
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 8:54am On May 23, 2018
shepherdchurch:

Can we talk? Pls drop your number so I can reach you.

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2018
Another payment week .... investors payments made ...

This week didn't go without normal ups n downs ...

one vehicle downtime - A.C. issues

two vehicles activated

two drivers made payments on payout day

We can't win it all sometimes... but we still keep building processes
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 8:12am On May 24, 2018
The week moving ...new drivers rolling .. new opportunities coming up...

HIRE PURCHASE MODE ACTIVATED

VEHICLE : 2007 KIA RIO

AGE OF VEHICLE IN LAGOS : 6MONTHS

deposit 150k minimum

duration 1year 8months

weekly delivery 45k first 6months, 40k next 6months , 38k remaining months

we open to discussions
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 8:34am On May 24, 2018
incentives makes ginger happen, increases morale .... incentives is what drives the back end of biz

So we mapping out incentives to drivers of our fleet. This will enable them earn more, careful with vehicles and give us less repairs worries..

managing a fleet isn't about how much we make to ourselves but mainly about controlling drivers behaviour on vehicle usage, reducing maintenance and repairs cost.
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2018
wow ..we are able to achieve 99.9% on delivery for a month to an investor without repairs coupled with downtimes for period driver wasn't available due to default in payment ...

processing first month pay out
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Tedpgrass: 12:40pm On May 25, 2018
Good account of work so far...

I'm curious to know the size of your marketshare and the growth strategies being put in place to increase this..

Getting more staff or using IT-based technologies whilst handling the HR end of things??

As this is a public forum, I will understand if you prefer not to divulge any confidential.information, but to get you thinking of sustainable expansion!

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 2:12pm On May 25, 2018
Tedpgrass:

I'm curious to know the size of your marketshare and the growth strategies being put in place to increase this..

Getting more staff or using IT-based technologies whilst handling the HR end of things??

As it grows, I hope to turn drivers to managers too while they still drive, gives extra income.

As this is a public forum, I will understand if you prefer not to divulge any confidential.information, but to get you thinking of sustainable expansion!

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 2:15pm On May 25, 2018
Tedpgrass:

wink we moving small small ...
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2018
What is the koko ...
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 6:38pm On May 25, 2018
Managing the driver and the vehicle is a learning process, whereby the manager patiently teaches what he knows, what he learnt and what he has researched to the driver so as to achieve an easy delivery of effectiveness and in the process reducing cost of maintenance.

Managing a fleet does not mean you know it all ... just means you are ready to give out info that will better efficiency.
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 9:02am On May 26, 2018
let's do weekend driving and collect what the street owes us
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by taxiappguy: 9:05am On May 26, 2018
Great thread @Carshopper
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2018
taxiappguy:
Great thread @Carshopper

thanks
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by GetPosted: 11:42am On May 26, 2018
Can we have your website. I want to invest.
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 12:15pm On May 26, 2018
GetPosted:
Can we have your website. I want to invest.

Website shocked
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 3:53pm On May 26, 2018
Today decision centers around vehicle downtime and should d day b deducted from week pay.

This issue has different angles to what is necessary - the driver believes every down time should b deducted, no matter how little d number of hours on that downtime - cuz he calculates his earnings based on peak periods when request volume is high

The partner believes it shouldn't given d fact that if the down time is a repair issue and it's necessary that it must be fixed, then both parties liable and day shouldn't b deducted e.g. if it's a change of brake pads, shocks or servicing
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 10:06am On May 29, 2018
Another payout week... everyone always look forward to this day ... things dey happen payout week

1. you get paid without stories

2. you don't get paid and stories dey

3. you get paid part and story join

4. driver loses car cause of no payment

5. driver dumps car and vanishes

payout week is an interesting one

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 10:09am On May 29, 2018
uber press release .... week payout will be delayed by one day oo due to holidays ... so drivers don get story already
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 5:29am On May 30, 2018
Toyota corolla coming onboard ?
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 10:15am On May 30, 2018
payout week is sweet abeg ... makes all parties happy ...

Two week payout received
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 9:10am On May 31, 2018
when managing a fleet, do we go the manufacturer stipulated maintenance schedule or do we invent ours?
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by dru23(m): 11:12am On May 31, 2018
Carshopper:
when managing a fleet, do we go the manufacturer stipulated maintenance schedule or do we invent ours?

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 11:20am On May 31, 2018
dru23:

lol... inventing your can put u at a loss ..but of course we can invent ...remember na 9ja we dey
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by dru23(m): 11:25am On May 31, 2018
Carshopper:
Another payout week... everyone always look forward to this day ... things dey happen payout week

1. you get paid without stories

2. you don't get paid and stories dey

3. you get paid part and story join

4. driver loses car cause of no payment

5. driver dumps car and vanishes

payout week is an interesting one
I hope he pays before dropping..sorry, I meant dump
Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by dru23(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2018
Carshopper:

lol... inventing your can put u at a loss ..but of course we can invent ...remember na 9ja we dey

Re: Chronicles Of A Partner-driver / Fleet Manager/investor by Carshopper(m): 1:16pm On May 31, 2018
it's about to go down again ....

2007 Honda city 1.3L

Week Rent 40k

Security Deposit 25k

guarantor

utility bill

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kerosene Fraud: Depot Owners Buy At N41, Sell At N125 / How To Start Mini Importation With Freeshipping( BUY FROM 1688.COM) 2018 / Nigeria’s Inflation To Hit 12% In 2019—fitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.