Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol (715 Views)

The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. / Muslims Are The Ones Who Say That Allah Is An Idol / CAN On Fuel Scarcity: This Looks Like An Attempt To Sabotage X-mas Celebrations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 11:58am On May 14, 2018
Yes, it's just man made up. The imagination of mortal men who just wants to be amused by dead being.

1 Corinthians 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols,

we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

Everything men have worship are all the works of men. Like we have so many of them here on Nairaland parading themselves as the enemies of the lord God Almighty and CHRIST JESUS, what shambles, not to understand that idols are nothing.

1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called...

gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) ordained by mortals because of the ignorance in them. They actually arrogated their will and emotions to have these so called idols to feast on earth. How sad.

Thank God Almighty for us who knows better

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Praise God Almighty for ever and ever more.

8:7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge:

Not everyone possesses such highest knowledge. They have what the scriptures called conscience of the idols, weak conscience.

The bottom line is there is nothing like an idol.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by Image123(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2018
Yeah, nothing like human being self, imagine.
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:54pm On May 14, 2018
there is nothing like jesus. he is a dead man. he doesnt exist no more.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by hopefulLandlord: 1:58pm On May 14, 2018
PAGAN9JA:
there ia nothing like jesus. he is a dead man. he doesnt exist no more.

Ordinary three nails killed him and his believers pray to him to save them from nuclear blast haha

I will never worship man-nailed god

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:20pm On May 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Ordinary three nails killed him while his believers pray to him to save them from nuclear blast haha

I will never worship man-nailed god

grin
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by Favoured87: 2:46pm On May 14, 2018
Why do people interprete Bible the way they like? Op please close this thread. Do not make mockery of Holy book, ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand better.

I am a Christian and I believe in Jesus, I believe in God.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 3:54pm On May 14, 2018
I am from above and I speak from three..
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by Favoured87: 4:34pm On May 14, 2018
lightblazingnow:
I am from above and I speak from three..

An idol is an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed or any person or thing regarded with admiration, adoration, or devotion.

So are you saying there is nothing like that? When the bible say we shouldn't make a graven image or bow down to any idol.
Exodus 20:4....Deut 5:8, Leviticus 26:1

1 Like

Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 5:06pm On May 14, 2018
Favoured87:

An idol is an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed or any person or thing regarded with admiration, adoration, or devotion.

So are you saying there is nothing like that? When the bible say we shouldn't make a graven image or bow down to any idol.
Exodus 20:4....Deut 5:8, Leviticus 26:1

Because there is none, you didn't bother to read the scriptures I gave you, pull down the strong argument in your mind. The scriptures said there none

1 Corinthians 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols,
Try and get this verse so that the truth will make you free brother...

we Christians know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by sKeetz(m): 5:34pm On May 14, 2018
It's true.

There is nothing like Yahweh, Jesus or allah either All man made bullshît.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by Favoured87: 6:04pm On May 14, 2018
lightblazingnow:

Because there is none, you didn't bother to read the scriptures I gave you, pull down the strong argument in your mind. The scriptures said there none

we Christians know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

The title of your thread is "Do You Know there is nothing like idol"?
What you saying and quoting doesn't correlate. Stop giving atheists things to talk about.
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 7:29pm On May 14, 2018
Favoured87:

The title of your thread is "Do You Know there is nothing like idol"?
What you saying and quoting doesn't correlate. Stop giving atheists things to talk about.

So what makes you think there is any, wow, what do you believe CHRIST JESUS is, I know you haven't seen anything, just empty professors

What is your understanding of who CHRIST is, wow, the depths of ignorance in babes who can fathom
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by Favoured87: 8:22pm On May 14, 2018
lightblazingnow:

So what makes you think there is any, wow, what do you believe CHRIST JESUS is, I know you haven't seen anything, just empty professors

What is your understanding of who CHRIST is, wow, the depths of ignorance in babes who can fathom

One of the qualities of a good follower of Christ is accepting correction, change the title of this thread.

I repeat stop interpreting the scriptures upside down, didn't you notice because of your shallow thread people have ignored your post.

Our God is not an author of confusion.
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 9:12pm On May 14, 2018
Confused demonic fellows, what a voice of defeat.

Am I looking for the love of the world.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. 15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 15:24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by Favoured87: 3:32am On May 15, 2018
lightblazingnow:

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. 15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 15:24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Hahahaha...please who hates you or persecuting you? Ordinary to accept correction you are typing epistles, calling it demonic.
What is the essence of your epistles if it can't win one single soul?
I repeat it is only by the help of Holy Spirit can you be able to give accurate interpretation of the scriptures.
MODIFY THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD & SOMETHINGS SO IT CAN MAKE MORE SENSE.
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by orisa37: 5:36am On May 15, 2018
lightblazingnow:

The world hate The Truth.
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by orisa37: 5:51am On May 15, 2018
[quote author=lightblazingnow post=67562090]

What is your understanding of who CHRIST is, wow, the depths of ignorance in babes who can fathom[/quote.

The Truth is, we are made Idols till we are BornAgain ! Allelluia !!!
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by orisa37: 6:05am On May 15, 2018
lightblazingnow:

We must be BornAgain and receive The Breath of The Supreme Spirit.
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 9:30am On May 15, 2018
Sure Brother
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 10:46pm On May 16, 2018
There is nothing
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 1:57am On Sep 02, 2018
There's no
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 6:59am On Sep 02, 2018
Surely
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 7:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Nothing
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by sonmvayina(m): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2018
Don't you consider jesus as an idol too.. And violating the 2nd commandments as he is the image and likeness of a man which is something found on earth.. Given the fact that God is not a man or human being...

What are your thoughts? Won't I be right in saying that Christianity is also idolatry and the reason the jews have rejected jesus as the messiah since God never ask them to worship or go through the messiah to get to him...
Re: Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol by lightblazingnow(m): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2018
Yea

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Condemn House On The Rock Pastor Paul Adefarasin For Preaching Hate Se / Rebuttal To The Thread "Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers?" / Marriage Vows: The Double Standard, Hypocrisy Of Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.