Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Will The Nigerian Police Ever Stop Extorting Commercial Motorists? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Will The Nigerian Police Ever Stop Extorting Commercial Motorists? (754 Views)

Nigerian Police Officer In Intense Standoff With A Mad Man (video) / Stop Extorting Us, Kaduna Youths Warn Efcc / Human Stupidity: Can Humans Ever Stop Doing Stupid Things? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Nigerian Police Ever Stop Extorting Commercial Motorists? by YOLO1(m): 8:21pm On May 14, 2018
Ever since I was young, have read and heard of several attempts by the government and the previous IGPs about attempts to stop the policemen on road duty from extorting money from motorists especially commercial ones. Then it was even #20 motorists give police. Now the amount has increased to #50 and to worsen this, the number of police checkpoints has increased geometrically.
Just imagine, am on the Abuja-Kaduna express way now, and as of the time of typing this, the driver of my vehicle has given nothing less than 13 policemen the normal Roger and we are still halfway to Kaduna.
Just wondering if this police extortion will ever stop.
Re: Will The Nigerian Police Ever Stop Extorting Commercial Motorists? by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 14, 2018
Unless the Nigerian police is reformed, they won't.
Re: Will The Nigerian Police Ever Stop Extorting Commercial Motorists? by YOLO1(m): 8:38pm On May 14, 2018
Remimadrid:
Unless the Nigerian police is reformed, they won't.
What type of reformation will stop this?
Re: Will The Nigerian Police Ever Stop Extorting Commercial Motorists? by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 14, 2018
YOLO1:

What type of reformation will stop this?
Complete overhaul will do it.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Udom Emmanuel To Commission More Road Projects In Uyo / How Alex Otti Stole My Father’s Property And Threatened To Kill Me-arochukwu Man / Check Out This Interesting Photos Of A Black American Gay Makeup Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.