Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:21 PM

Ayade Epitome Of Good Governance - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade Epitome Of Good Governance - Atiku (476 Views)

Nigerians Are Enjoying Good Governance, Atiku Can’t Drag The Country Backward – / Tinubu Can’t Withstand Rigours Of Governance, Atiku’s Aide Cautions / 2023: APC, Tinubu Not Ready For Election, Governance – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ayade Epitome Of Good Governance - Atiku by offiong187: 8:53pm On May 14, 2018
Ayade, epitome of good governace-Atiku 

Former Vice President and presidential aspirant of the People's Democratic Party(PDP), Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, has described Cross River State Governor, Prof Ben Ayade as an epitome of good governance.

Atiku stated this, Monday, at the state executive council chambers, Calabar when he led his team including former governors of Ogun and Imo states, Otunba Gbenga Daniel and Chief Achike Udenwa respectively on a courtesy visit to Governor Ayade.

He commending the governor for being broad-minded in his approach to governance, which has ensured peace and tranquility in this state.

According to him, "Your inclusiveness of governance has led to a number of achievements which are not only known in Cross River but the whole country.

"There are very few states that are actually very regular and prompt in payment of salaries like this state. Honestly, we tend to praise and commend Cross River for paying as at when due. This achievement has resonated all over the country and you are seen as an example of good governance."

Atiku noted that in spite of the lean resources of the state, the governor, through application of intellect, is rapidly industrialising the state, thus creating thousands of jobs for the teeming unemployed youths.

He listed industries build by the Ayade-led administration to include the Cross River Garment Factory, the Calendar Pharmaceutical company, the rice seeds and seedlings centre, the banana plantation, rice mill, and cocoa processing plant in Ikom.

While describing the governor's decision to built a superhighway and a deep seaport as remarkable, he assured of the Federal Government's support in ensuring the state achieves its dreams. 

"I am not living here but we get news of all these because if you goggle Cross River and Ben Ayade, you will see all these. This is technology and it is digital. Your achievement like the rice seedling centre, which is undergoing a test run now, and is a major development in the agricultural sector and will employ a large number of unemployed youths. You are indeed a talk and do governor."

Disclosing his intention to run a lean federal government through his restructuring agenda if voted as the President, Atiku assured that, "if you give me your support you can expect more than what you have given me," adding, "I can assure you that because of your impact in my life you will continue to receive my priority in the sense that you will always have federal support to ensure that you continue to achieve whatever you want to achieve in this state."

Responding, Ayade maintained that the state is rich in both mineral and hydrocarbons but lamented a situation where the mineral resources cannot be explored without the approval of the federal government.

He therefore, expressed happiness that restructuring is part Atiku's agenda, stating that "we will like to see a federal government that will respond to our yearnings and create that platform that will allow us exploit our wealth and create a new hope for our people."

Ayade who disclosed that the state has found huge oil deposits in its offshore locations without licences to exploit them,  questioned, "to what extent would the federal government continue to hold and sequester everything that belong to the nation to herself?"

On Atiku's presidential ambition, Ayade said: "As an aspirant of the PDP and 

somebody who has been a Vice president, I believe that the experiential calculus shows clearly that you are capable, competent and qualified to aspire for the position of president."

Highpoint of the visit was the presentation of a book titled, "Restructuring as a pathway to unity and development in Nigeria," by the presidential aspirant to the Governor.

Re: Ayade Epitome Of Good Governance - Atiku by Jirate(m): 9:08pm On May 14, 2018
"I am not living here but we get news of all these because if you goggle Cross River and Ben Ayade, you will see all these".

Does Buhari Knows How to Use Google?, I Doubt if He Has Ever Heard that Word. cool

(1) (Reply)

Buharis Government A Puppet In The Hands Of Oil Multinationals, Says Ijaw Group / Pro-saraki Protest Breaks Out In Kwara / Nigerian Police Force Reacts To The Shaming Viral Video Of Their Chief.ibrahim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.