Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 (1331 Views)

IMF Reviews Nigeria’s Growth Upwards To 3.2% / Have You Seen President Buhari Dance? Video Of PMB Dancing Excites Nigerians / PDP Culture Is Inimical To Nigeria's Growth - Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by deji17: 9:56pm On May 14, 2018
Nigeria’s growth excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018

The World Bank Group is excited with the growth of Nigeria and expressed satisfaction with the performance of the economy.

The commendation was contained in a statement by the bank on Monday, after the conclusion of a visit to Nigeria by 10 Executive Directors of the bank from May 9 to 12. wold bank According to the statement, the visit was to enable the bank’s management team get a better understanding of Nigeria’s development priorities with a special focus on the energy sector.

The Executive Directors held discussions with the Vice President of Nigeria, the Minister of Finance and Governors of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Edo, Lagos, Taraba and Yobe, other senior government officials. The Directors discussed the security challenges in the Northeast and Middle belt regions and how to achieve development in these challenging environments. “Our visit to Nigeria was to get a better understanding of the country, assess the World Bank’s interventions on the ground, and support opportunities that will keep the country on a path of sustained development,” said “We commend Nigeria’s implementation of its new Economic Growth and Recovery Plan (EGRP) and the Power Sector Recovery Plan (PSRP), both of which are important for regional integration. “It will also ensure trade and capital flows, which will ultimately lead to greater growth,” says World Bank.

According to the statement, the Executive Directors also met with beneficiaries of the World Bank Group supported projects in agriculture, education, health, youth employment, community development, soil erosion and public financial management. Similarly, they met with representatives of the private sector, civil society organisations, diplomatic missions and development partners. The group also visited the newly commissioned Edo Power Plant in Benin City, which was a key project in the government’s power sector reform agenda and is supported by three arms of the World Bank Group, The three arms are; the International Finance Corporation (IFC), Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) and the World Bank. In Lagos, the delegation visited microfinance clients, mostly women, to gain an understanding of how the funds they had received impacted their livelihoods. “They also had an interactive meeting with private sector executives, which highlighted the need to sustain business reforms and provide affordable and reliable power to improve the living standards of all Nigerians.

“The Executive Directors observed that Nigeria continues to implement institutional policy reforms for restoring macroeconomic resilience and growth across sectors with support from the World Bank Group. “They reiterated the World Bank Group’s commitment to supporting Nigeria’s growth in a way that is inclusive, job enhancing, and reduces poverty and inequality. “Critical to this inclusive growth objective is reforming the power sector, boosting critical investments in human development, and mobilising finance for development by creating a conducive environment for private sector participation,” the bank said. The bank also emphasised the importance of Nigeria to the sub-region and therefore the country’s central role in its regional strategy for Sub-Saharan Africa. It will be recalled that Nigeria has been one of IFC’s fastest growing portfolios and represents IFC’s fifth largest global country exposure, with a committed volume of 1.6 billion dollars.
Also, Nigeria is MIGA’s fifth largest country exposure in Sub-Saharan Africa, with current exposure of 334 million dollars. The Nigeria Country Partnership Strategy extending to 2019 has an investment of 8.8 billion dollars through the International Development Association (IDA) and International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD).

NAN

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/nigerias-growth-excites-world-bank/

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 14, 2018
Some people are going to be pissed about this.

God bless Nigeria

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by deji17: 10:00pm On May 14, 2018
Wailers, I have bad news for you.
Please, biko Come , Bia, Wa, Zo

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by 34webers(m): 10:02pm On May 14, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Some people pigs and idiots are going to be pissed about this.

God bless Nigeria
Corrected. Pls always endeavour to use the correct words

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by 34webers(m): 10:03pm On May 14, 2018
deji17:
Wailers, Pigs and idiots I have bad news for you.
Please, biko Come , Bia, Wa, Zo
Fixed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 14, 2018
All these paper growth self.
I think growth should be visible but I'm not seeing any tangible thing to correlate this with.
Inflation is high, infrastructures are down, electricity is poor, debt profile is rising and the exchange rate is an insult as a giant of Africa.
I don't just know where this people got their analysis from.
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by deji17: 10:04pm On May 14, 2018
34webers:

Fixed.

Nagode.. Daalu. Ese pupo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 14, 2018
34webers:

Corrected. Pls always endeavour to use the correct words

Haha thanks sir grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Jesusloveyou: 10:07pm On May 14, 2018
Bill gate that is software wizard was telling the intellectually lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra party,PDP Nonsense.
kingkakaone:
I think growth should be visible but I'm not seeing any tangible thing to correlate this with.
Inflation is high, infrastructures are down, electricity is poor, debt profile is rising and the exchange rate is an insult as a giant of Africa.
the artificial 7% growth was for the jobless lazy idiotic pigs Biafra to be importing rubbish without real sector development like what buhari is doing in agriculture and power sector.
It is this real sector development that the world bank saw.
Not those fake growth of your ineffectual buffoon.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by deji17: 10:09pm On May 14, 2018
kingkakaone:

They are here..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by 34webers(m): 10:10pm On May 14, 2018
[s]
kingkakaone:
[/s]
The world bank does not use akpu analysis. Keep that one for the idiotic pigs of biamumus.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by deji17: 10:19pm On May 14, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
The world bank does not use akpu analysis. Keep that one for the idiotic pigs of biamumus.

Hahahahaa. @Akpu Analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 14, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Go away joor...
Where did I talk about IPOB here now?
It is only hateful comments u make and u should change because it is not helping U.
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 14, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
Bill gate that is software wizard was telling the intellectually lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra party,PDP Nonsense.the artificial 7% growth was for the jobless lazy idiotic pigs Biafra to be importing rubbish without real sector development like what buhari is doing in agriculture and power sector.
It is this real sector development that the world bank saw.
Not those fake growth of your ineffectual buffoon.
Ur comment is filled with hate and ur moniker is saying something else.
I guess u only talk, u don't act Ur own Christianity if not u would have made me understand what I needed to know without insulting others.
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by anibirelawal(m): 10:33pm On May 14, 2018
GOOD.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by SuperS1Panther: 10:34pm On May 14, 2018
Another sad news for Children of Hatred, Daughters of Negativism, Sons of Confusion, Lovers and hailers of looters.

Nigeria is progressing while their HBP is increasing.

Sai Baba and Sai PYO 2019.

No amount of campaign of calumny can change our mind from voting for the tag team.

Say No to Looters and their hailers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 14, 2018
So after a summit, some mango headed fools expected the world bank delegates to flog Osinbajo?

Whoever reported this news wrote his/her script for NTA or Radio Nigeria so this kind of script isn't unexpected. undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Banmeallday: 10:44pm On May 14, 2018
SuperS1Panther:
Another sad news for Children of Hatred, Daughters of Negativism, Sons of Confusion, Lovers and hailers of looters.

Nigeria is progressing while their HBP is increasing.

Sai Baba and Sai PYO 2019.

No amount of campaign of calumny can change our mind from voting for the tag team.

Say No to Looters and their hailers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are getting an erection because of what some “executives” from the WORLD BANK are saying?

Seriously?

No wonder you still dey owe them billions
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by SuperS1Panther: 10:48pm On May 14, 2018
Banmeallday:

You are getting an erection because of what some “executives” from the WORLD BANK are saying?

Seriously?

No wonder you still dey owe them billions

By their reactions, we shall know them.

When the same World Bank said we were in Recession, you were ejaculat1ng and now they are saying otherwise, your hatred tinted faculty will not allow you to acknowledge it.

We care less. We are not the ones that made you the way you have decided to be. So, leave us alone to celebrate the good news while Children of Hatred keep doing what they know best to do -- hating and supporting Looters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Banmeallday: 10:57pm On May 14, 2018
SuperS1Panther:

When the same World Bank said we were in Recession, you were ejaculat1ng and now they are saying otherwise, your hatred tinted faculty will not allow you to acknowledge it.

We care less. We are not the ones that made you the way you decide to be. So, leave us alone to celebrate the good news while Children of Hatred keep doing what they know best to do -- hating and supporting Looters.

Point of correction Super Cub, I dont sit glued to World Bank press releases like you, but then again, they own Nigeria and own YOU. It is common knowledge that Nigeria means sh.ithole in all kitchens world wide, including that of Buhari, and that is why he dares not use or build hospitals there, because Cubs like you will simply mismanage it and clap when World Bank says Nigeria should be in FIFA 19

You peoples mind set is historically CRAZY
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by deji17: 11:00pm On May 14, 2018
[b][/b]
SuperS1Panther:

We care less. We are not the ones that made you the way you have decided to be. So, leave us alone to celebrate the good news while Children of Hatred keep doing what they know best to do -- hating and supporting Looters.

When Bill Gates was here the last time and said some negative things about the Nigerian economy due to his limited information on current Govt activities, the children of hate were all over the cyber space jubilating over the news.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by SuperS1Panther: 11:00pm On May 14, 2018
Banmeallday:

Point of correction Super Cub, I dont sit glued to World Bank press releases like you, but then again, they own Nigeria and own YOU. It is common knowledge that Nigeria means sh.ithole in all kitchens world wide, including that of Buhari, and that is why he dares not use or build hospitals there, because Cubs like you will simply mismanage it and clap when World Bank says Nigeria should be in FIFA 19

You peoples mind set is historically CRAZY

Kilo nso?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by 34webers(m): 11:02pm On May 14, 2018
[s]
kingkakaone:

I guess u only talk, u don't act Ur own Christianity if not u would have made me understand what I needed to know without insulting others.
[/s]
Trash. Maybe those "executives" are also working hard to justify their 30k bmc allowance. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 14, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Trash. Maybe those "executives" are also working hard to justify their 30k bmc allowance. grin
Did I mention 30k?
Please carry Ur wahala and go.
Thank u.
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Front1line: 11:14pm On May 14, 2018
kingkakaone:

Are Igbo comments filled with love for Nigeria or Buhari ? The dude you quoted even tried lying that Ipob make the silly comment. The truth is the entire Igbo race abhors nothing but hatred for Nigeria n Buhari no sugarcoating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 14, 2018
Front1line:

Are Igbo comments filled with love for Nigeria or Buhari ? The dude you quoted even tried lying that Ipob make the silly comment. The truth is the entire Igbo race abhors nothing but hatred for Nigeria n Buhari no sugarcoating.
It goes both ways.
U people don't talk good about them too.
How about we all change our mindset and see how things will work better than it is now?
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Achuwa1(m): 11:17pm On May 14, 2018
Zombies should read & understand be celebrating.
"The visit was to enable the banks management team to get better understanding of Nigeria development priorities"

It's in reference of what they were told & not what has happened
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Achuwa1(m): 11:19pm On May 14, 2018
It's in reference to what they were told & there is nothing on ground in respect to all the lies they are feeding the world bank's management team.
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by Banmeallday: 11:20pm On May 14, 2018
deji17:
[b][/b]

When Bill Gates was here the last time and said some negative things about the Nigerian economy due to his limited information on current Govt activities, the children of hate were all over the cyber space jubilating over the news.

Bill Gates as you know is bigger than the Nigger Republic. He has more info than Buhari in regards to even Buhari’s health, talkless of the economy....
Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by deji17: 11:23pm On May 14, 2018
Banmeallday:

Bill Gates as you know is bigger than the Nigger Republic. He has more info than Buhari in regards to even Buhari’s health, talkless of the economy....

He has more info than Buhari. How is he gathering that information ? Listen to the cave man blabbing...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by SuperS1Panther: 11:25pm On May 14, 2018
Achuwa1:
Zombies should read & understand be celebrating.
"The visit was to enable the banks management team to get better understanding of Nigeria development priorities"

It's in reference of what they were told & not what has happened

So, World Bank Reps suddenly turned to dummies that believe what they are told about out growing economies, but they were on point when they were also told we were in recession too.

The way hatred beclouds some people's judgment makes Hitler looks like the greatest lover of Jews.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Growth Excites World Bank ON MAY 14, 2018 by deomelo: 11:26pm On May 14, 2018
lo l@ predictable hate filled, bad bele, disgruntled and frustrated ipob miscreants... grin grin

Good news dey drive them crazy like mad roaches.. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: See The Terrible Project This Member Of The House Of Rep Is Doing In His / See Photos Of Drunken Nass Members / Should I Destroy My Voters Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.