Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nigeria Is A Disgrace! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is A Disgrace! (2578 Views)

Orubebe Is A Disgrace, Afraid Of Probe- Oshiomhole / Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari / Doyin Okupe Is A Disgrace To Nigerians - CPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 6:17pm On May 23, 2010
do u know that the nigerian government earns more than the sum of uae,bahrain,qatar altogether, imagine, check out the pictures down!!!
shocked  shocked  shocked

Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by yeswecan(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2010
What have you done to make it better? Your mantra "Nigeria Is A Disgrace" has been played more than a million times played by those who could actually change things but prefer to run to the white man's world and find the slightest opportunity to whine on how bad Nigeria turn out to be. What is Nigeria first and foremost? Me and you so when you say Nigeria is a disgrace you are directly calling yourself a disgrace . . I do not have any problem with you calling yourself a disgrace, why are you not doing anything about it? you seat and complain waiting for who to fix it . . Don't nag about the government because we socially constructed it and we can change it if we have the guts. . So the main problem is me and you for been cowards. .

Most of us like to travel and have " I LIVE ABROAD" painted all over us (house Negros) then we even have the guts to complain . .
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by sjeezy8: 6:44pm On May 23, 2010
how many times have we been down this road?
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 6:48pm On May 23, 2010
boss, if  u know me u wont say that, i am the most patriotic nigerian and african, and my
dream is to better the life of nigerians and tomake Nigerian shout out their nationality proudly, sometimes i wish i was just a local government chairman or anything just to show off my goals, but that doesnt suggest that i hide our present failure in being a  giant of africa even the world, we make 173.435billion dollars for christ sake!!!
who shuld i blame, the people who could do something were killed,i blame the ''BIG MEN''
who represent Nigeria on a global level, i hope yu understand
makajibbz:

do u know that the nigerian government earns more than the sum of uae,bahrain,qatar altogether, imagine, check out the pictures down!!!
yeswecan link=topic=450457.msg6081725#msg6081725 date=1274635918:

What have you done to make it better? Your mantra "Nigeria Is A Disgrace" has been played more than a million times played by those who could actually change things but prefer to run to the white man's world and find the slightest opportunity to whine on how bad Nigeria turn out to be. What is Nigeria first and foremost? Me and you so when you say Nigeria is a disgrace you are directly calling yourself a disgrace . . I do not have any problem with you calling yourself a disgrace, why are you not doing anything about it? you seat and complain waiting for who to fix it . . Don't nag about the government because we socially constructed it and we can change it if we have the guts. . So the main problem is me and you for been cowards. .

Most of us like to travel and have " I LIVE ABROAD" painted all over us (house Negros) then we even have the guts to complain . .
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 6:51pm On May 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

how many times have we been down this road?
boss sjeezy8,
the question you should asx ''where's the end of the road''?
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by snowdrops(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2010
what a sad country. Infact everyone should pack out and leave nigeria. It is everything a country should not be.
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by ziga: 6:57pm On May 23, 2010
makajibbz:

boss sjeezy8,
the question you should asx ''where's the end of the road''?

Bros,

There is no end. Let us start by doing the little bit we can.

A very simple example is not throwing trash in the streets. that is very common in Naija, and lots of people are responsible.

We will complain that government doesn't provide adequate refuse disposal, but i doubt that many will use it if it was available.

Let us be responsible for the trash we create. It is not all government, we have contributed immensely to the rot, and we expect the government to also be responsible for some things that should be our personal responsibilities.
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 12:55am On May 24, 2010
tell me, how many people have heard this over a million times?
where i live, ''dey no born you well'' to try to even throw a nylon on the roads
so for those people who dont understand ''KEEP YOUR COUNTRY CLEAN'' there
should be strict rules with equal punishments like community service, then you'll
see the difference, but some 'BIG MEN'' dont care enough to spend their precious
time enforcing that, angry
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:01am On May 24, 2010
makajibbz:

tell me, how many people have heard this over a million times?
where i live, ''dey no born you well'' to try to even throw a nylon on the roads
so for those people who dont understand ''KEEP YOUR COUNTRY CLEAN'' there
should be strict rules with equal punishments like community service, then you'll
see the difference, but some 'BIG MEN'' dont care enough to spend their precious
time enforcing that, angry

nigerians in diaspora again. hisses and walks away angry
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by hardywaltz(m): 1:57am On May 24, 2010
@ OP where did you get your statistics from, (source) please show me where nigeria earns N 173, billion dollars from and being richer than UAE, ETC.
My guess is it was a beer parlour argument u got this alarming stat.
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 2:09am On May 24, 2010
very funny, i prefer pepsi
just go to wikipedia.org, type in UAE,bahrain and all then type Nigeria then figure out the maths your self,plus wikipedia is the most reliable source, type any name and it will tell you about it,
quote author=RICHIE BOI link=topic=450457.msg6083490#msg6083490 date=1274659308]
nigerians in diaspora again. hisses and walks away angry
[quote][/quote]
no men am just tryna speak my mind!!!

Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by WilyWily5: 10:04am On May 24, 2010
The Failure of Nigeria is because of the Corrupt lifestyle of Yorubas, Hausa/Fulani North.
These people know nothing than Embezzlement and Fraud.
Awolowo was the first Nigeria Chief Thief, as the former Finance Minister, he opened Nigeria Coffers to his Thief Thief Yoruba people, they descended on it and looted everything.
Then came the Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North that took Embezzlement to the highest stage.
no bi only armed robber bi Thief, Awolowo and his Yoruba kinsmen are Thieves.
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by yeswecan(m): 1:59pm On May 24, 2010
Wily+Wily:

The Failure of Nigeria is because of the Corrupt lifestyle of Yorubas, Hausa/Fulani North.
These people know nothing than Embezzlement and Fraud.Awolowo was the first Nigeria Chief Thief, as the former Finance Minister, he opened Nigeria Coffers to his Thief Thief Yoruba people, they descended on it and looted everything.Then came the Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North that took Embezzlement to the highest stage. no bi only armed robber bi Thief, Awolowo and his Yoruba kinsmen are Thieves.

you must be a joker . .
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 2:10pm On May 24, 2010
Its not only awolowo,every leader has taken his own part in our problems.
even if he didnt plan to do it before he got there,whe he gets there the power
overwhelmes him,they say ''when a good man's around evil,e b'comes evil''
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by chidichris(m): 2:40pm On May 24, 2010

@yeswecan,
science scolars believe that the first step to solving a problem is identifying the problem.
you don't need to be too emotional about thsi issue as it is a bitter truth.
before we can act, it is very important that we have agreement and a unity of purpose.
we must accept the fact; NIGERIA IS A DISGRACE.
once we accept that, we will then need ur type to tell us what next.
if u have not been opportuned to exist in anyother country of this world, i reall pity u because u will not know what it means to be a citizen of a country.
nigerians are just existing by names. we are nobody. we have no identities. we have no rights in our own country talkless of previledges. we are doomed.
what do u want a helpless poor man to do against a well equiped soldier who is well fed as well?
do u know the story of saro wiwa? do u know about the community call odi in bayelsa state. were u informed about obj's action in another community is benue?
these are some of the ppl who felt like u and whose ambitions were to put things in practice. today, they are no where in the history of nigeria.
my advise is that we continue speaking behind these unknown ids for God is hearing us and he is our redeemer. when the appointed time comes, the untouchables will be made touchables and their cases will be like that of abacha and the biblical nebukadinezar.
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 2:44pm On May 24, 2010
clear truth!!!
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by folem: 4:53pm On May 24, 2010
makajibbz:

shocked  shocked  shocked

grin grin grin

Check out the Picture down for FACTS!!!

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/OPEC_Revenues/Factsheet.html

Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 5:47pm On May 24, 2010
yo,folem,
just for you to know,we dont earn 173.456 billion dollars on oil
i am not talking of oil revenues or the cash we get from exporting oil
i am talking of Nigeria's general earning, agriculture and all,
get some real facts, and stop justifying our ''big men''
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by Cohomology: 6:05pm On May 24, 2010
This is not news. Nigeria has one of the most inept governments in the world.
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by folem: 6:16pm On May 24, 2010
makajibbz:

yo,folem,
just for you to know,we dont earn 173.456 billion dollars on oil
i am not talking of oil revenues or the cash we get from exporting oil
i am talking of Nigeria's general earning, agriculture and all,
get some real facts, and stop justifying our ''big men''

Oil exports account for over 80 per cent of Nigeria's  foreign exchange earnings and over 40 per cent of GDP.

http://www..com/ng/oils-reports-and-issues/2068-oil-still-accounts-for-40-percent-gdp-80-percent-foreign-exchange-federal-govt.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/201005040001.html
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 7:33pm On May 24, 2010
and whatz OPEC?
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by SLIGHT(m): 8:29pm On May 24, 2010
Poster,What have u done to undo this 'disgrace'?.By immigrating to the uae,? Is that probable stats u got from wiki enough to describe nigeria disgrace, take a break and go to nigeria then u wil need no further stats.Lols
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by EzeUche(m): 8:32pm On May 24, 2010
I understand the poster's disgust. My anger is more directed at the Corrupt Igbo leader who were put in place by OBJ and his cronies. They do not speak on behalf of the Igbo and when the time comes, they will be all WIPED out! Thieving politicians. . .
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 8:48pm On May 24, 2010
SLIGHT:

Poster,What have u done to undo this 'disgrace'?.By immigrating to the uae,? Is that probable stats u got from wiki enough to describe nigeria disgrace, take a break and go to nigeria then u wil need no further stats.Lols
what do you expect me to do?, run for president?
and i moved here to find a better life, everybody wants a better life.
now tell me,if you won a lottery visa to the US,UK or anywhere better
than our country what will you do, ?
stop being hypocritical!
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by OneNaija(m): 12:34am On May 25, 2010
@Poster Is your old and new Generation familly is a disgrace Idiot. Ozegai
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by SLIGHT(m): 6:46am On May 25, 2010
makajibbz:

what do you expect me to do?, run for president?
and i moved here to find a better life, everybody wants a better life.
now tell me,if you won a lottery visa to the US,UK or anywhere better
than our country what will you do, ?
stop being hypocritical!
running for presido is not d only way u can make a positive impact in ur country, in uae where u stay do they evn have a president?NO! U can make change in your country as a resourceful persn doin his best. Now i think u ar d 1 bein hypocritical, first u run 2 d uae, and use a probable stat to label nigeria a disgrace.So by running to uae whom do u expect to dvlp the nation, i cn see ur being in uae has made u to lose touch wit wts happnin in 9ja, thats y u run to wiki 4 stats.Can u prove if that stat is precise?
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 9:52am On May 25, 2010
OneNaija:

@Poster Is your old and new Generation familly is a disgrace Idiot. Ozegai
hey bros,
there's no need for insults here,dnt get personal, this post is for you to speak what you have in ur mind as an opinion, and i this is what you have to say to defend your opinion then you have nothing in ur mind,
too bad,

Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 10:30am On May 25, 2010
@SLIGHT
are you jealous of me travelling, if you want to travel, travel.
i see yu ar satisfied with the situation of Nigeria, so you cant see no wrong
becase you're waiting for your turn to chop your own cashcry
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by rhymz(m): 10:32am On May 25, 2010
makajibbz:

hey bros,
there's no need for insults here,dnt get personal, this post is for you to speak what you have in your mind as an opinion, and i this is what you have to say to defend your opinion then you have nothing in your mind,
too bad,
i am going to iterate what that guy said, OP, na Ur family plus U be disgrace. . .fackin loser that is tryinna blame his losing streak on sb. . Oloriburuku omo jati jati . . Wetin dey worry all these nigerian husslerz wey dey abroad. . Geeeze. . Are tryinna make Urself feel like a white man?! . .now as I see why they call Ur likes monkies. .cos d moment U eat Mc Donalds or Kentucky fried Chicken, U begin to hallucinate. . .facking diasporeans with their infernal wanna-be rants
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by makajibbz(m): 10:53am On May 25, 2010
@rhymz
i can understand why yu are jealous and the venom is eating you up so much that you could not even control yourself in public, why would i trade insults with you, you dont even make any sense , ds is a forum for matured minds and character, thank you rhymes, Go for anger management,
why do you expect me to commend or pat on d head a government who send their children to the elite schools abroad,spend millions of our resources on slightest chance of holidays, ride the most expensive cars abroad, and they even come here 2 and see deveplt everywhere even in the desert, then go back and do nothing to our great country than to boast that we are the greatest in Africa, Please be serious and lets deliberate on renewing the mindset of our youth instead of charade of insults. i dont have yr tyme if all yu do is curse and abuse.
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by Nobody: 11:19am On May 25, 2010
Nigeria is a disgrace because Nigerians allow it to be.
Re: Nigeria Is A Disgrace! by tekajibril(m): 11:50am On May 25, 2010
folem:

Oil exports account for over 80 per cent of Nigeria's  foreign exchange earnings and over 40 per cent of GDP.

http://www..com/ng/oils-reports-and-issues/2068-oil-still-accounts-for-40-percent-gdp-80-percent-foreign-exchange-federal-govt.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/201005040001.html

First of all @MakaJibbs, Nigeria doesnt earn $173.456 bil, we earn $341.572 bil every year.
And @Folem- U should research well, We earn more than the entire Gulf States except Saudi Arabia which earns $563.56 bil. We shouldnt justify our leaders.
I live in the UAE, where Africans in general are treated like trash. they cant get jobs, and the 419 thing isnt helping either. There is a Minister's son here that goes to school with a couple of friends of mine, he drives a Murciellago around town, yet, the scholarship student here are hungry, without payment of stipends. We should'nt be justifyin all these greedy bastards called leaders cos Nigeria should be greater than all these other countries. Now this boy broke his Lamborghini and has bought another one. I'll post a pic of his broken car.
Yet there is this Fool called SLIGHT down there that is a happy with the way things are going. He's the type of person that collects menial bribes from all these leaders to vote for them and attack other voters. I'm very ready to protest, as a 9jerian youth with a sense of upbringing. We as youths should try to enforce change not insult those who are tired of bullshit!!
How many public schools in 9ja have good tables and chairs? Go figure!! Our grand-parents generation have spoilt everything for us to the extent that 9jerian youths have no assurance of their future . But me, i'm not ready to have the next generation suffer, like my generation is doing now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is The U. S President The Most Powerful Man In The World? / Why Is Apc Setting Tv Stations On Fire? / You Would Know Who Is Apc And Who Is Pdp On Election Day-tb Joshua Predicts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.