Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included (19961 Views)

Infinix Zero 5 Unboxing, Price And First Impressions (PICS) / Infinix Hot 5 Unboxing Video And First Impression / Infinix HOT 5 Unboxing + First Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by henry007(m): 12:21am On May 16, 2018
jetz:
huawei mate 10 for instance saves battery like hell wahs ur say on that, for me it all still boils down to processor on d device

Please watch these 2 videos so you can have an idea of what battery saving on Flagships vs Midrange phones actually mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ep9S7jYYQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXp-4QyJpmo

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Nobody: 5:22am On May 16, 2018
henry007:

Please watch these 2 videos so you can have an idea of what battery saving on Flagships vs Midrange phones actually mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ep9S7jYYQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXp-4QyJpmo

U definitely understand how this works, too bad a lot of people don't know this. I've always said it that a flagship phone with same battery capacity as a mid range phone will never beat the mid ranger in battery life. U know these phones were put to rigorous tests in these videos, in real life the A8 will even last longer because it will drain less battery in standby and light tasks. Same thing with the iPhone, it will drain less battery when in standby and while using it for light tasks, but will suffer under rigorous usage like watching hd videos.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by fibonacci2526: 6:13am On May 16, 2018
Currently using this phone and battery life is amazing, average of 10hrs SOT on a full charge while my OnePlus 5 gave me an average of 7hrs SOT both with same battery capacity.

That being said I prefer using a flagship with 3000mah than use a midranger with even 4000mah, because the difference in performance is certainly worth it.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Nobody: 8:31am On May 16, 2018
jetz:
it comes pre-installed on the redmi 5 like a system app
ok, thanks
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by bobo65(m): 8:48am On May 16, 2018
henry007:

Can S8 go one day without charging?

It's powerful but it's not a power saving as an iPhone. Actually Samsung flagships have some of the worst battery life actually.

Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2tjMLVpdQ

Really enjoyed this video

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by henry007(m): 11:36am On May 16, 2018
fibonacci2526:
Currently using this phone and battery life is amazing, average of 10hrs SOT on a full charge while my OnePlus 5 gave me an average of 7hrs SOT both with same battery capacity.

That being said I prefer using a flagship with 3000mah than use a midranger with even 4000mah, because the difference in performance is certainly worth it.

The quick charging on flagships kinda balances it out, if people care to charge at all. I know that busy always on the move people won't find it as convenient.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Ckbilic: 11:42am On May 16, 2018
Plz is there any hope for redmi note 5 prime back camera in new update? Pls
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by donbenie(m): 3:11pm On May 16, 2018
henry007:

Among the best after Samsung made their iPhone X display. Samsung makes the best displays hands down.
]iPhones have great displays whether it's iPhone 7 or iPhone 8 or iPhone X,the quality of their displays have always been among the very best the industry has to offer..yes AMOLED displays from Samsung have grown to be industry leading but that does not in any way take away from the excellent quality of the LCD displays on iPhones..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by henry007(m): 3:15pm On May 16, 2018
donbenie:
]iPhones have great displays whether it's iPhone 7 or iPhone 8 or iPhone X,the quality of their displays have always been among the very best the industry has to offer..yes AMOLED displays from Samsung have grown to be industry leading but that does not in any way take away from the excellent quality of the LCD displays on iPhones..

Among the best is subjective knowing that these things are measurable like RAM, Storage etc. iPhone display is among the best but Samsung display is the best.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by donbenie(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2018
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by donbenie(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2018
henry007:

Among the best is subjective knowing that these things are measurable like RAM, Storage etc. iPhone display is among the best but Samsung display is the best.
We did our usual measurements on the iPhone 8 screen with True Tone turned on and we got very accurate levels of color rendering. The screen has an average deltaE of 1.1, while the maximum deviation of 2.5 is in the reds. All measured colors are well below deltaE of 4, which means the screen has excellent calibration..
The above excerpt is from Gsmarena's review on the iPhone 8 display,like I said iPhones have always had excellent displays..saying that iPhones has excellent displays because they are being supplied by Samsung is simply not true..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by BeardedTraveler: 5:17pm On May 16, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, to be frank my wife has infinix hot 4 pro with 4,000mah battery that she got since 2016, when I was using galaxy s7 edge with 3,500mah battery her phone lasts a full day with heavy usage and would still have about 30-40% left before bed while my s7 edge would need charging by 3-4pm under same heavy usage. By ur analogy that s7 edge with 3,500mah battery should be beating the hot 4 pro with 4,000mah but hell no, the battery on the hot 4 pro is twice efficient even though it has just 500mah more. And mind u galaxy s7 edge is still one of Samsung's flagship with best battery, still lasts longer than s8. That beautiful screen, sensors and everything running in the background take a load on the battery while the infinix is just a basic mid range phone with 720p display, so do the maths.

Samsung - high performance, screen quality and poor power efficiency affects battery life

Infinix - 720p display, lesser performance and battery size helps it
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by BeardedTraveler: 5:19pm On May 16, 2018
greenhulk:

Xiaomi redmi series don't always have good cameras, just average. It's one of the costs they cut to make the device affordable

You'll have to make an exception - Redmi Note 5
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by henry007(m): 5:34pm On May 16, 2018
donbenie:
We did our usual measurements on the iPhone 8 screen with True Tone turned on and we got very accurate levels of color rendering. The screen has an average deltaE of 1.1, while the maximum deviation of 2.5 is in the reds. All measured colors are well below deltaE of 4, which means the screen has excellent calibration..
The above excerpt is from Gsmarena's review on the iPhone 8 display,like I said iPhones have always had excellent displays..saying that iPhones has excellent displays because they are being supplied by Samsung is simply not true..

I'm talking about iPhone X when I said supplied by Samsung not the iPhone 8. iPhone 8 and iPhone 6S from 3 years ago use the same resolution and LCD.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 16, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Samsung - high performance, screen quality and poor power efficiency affects battery life

Infinix - 720p display, lesser performance and battery size helps it

Exactly. My comment was for those that defend those flagship phones for having smaller batteries claiming their processors are power efficient. Yes power efficient but at what %? probably 15% and it does not do enough to compliment the high performance and super high res screed display. Imagine someone saying Galaxy S8 3,000 battery would last longer than infinix mid range phone with 4,000 mah battery just because the samsung is using snapdragon 835. It doesn't work like that. the infinx has 720p display and it works at a low performance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by PureMe01: 8:48pm On May 16, 2018
Dalek the redmi 5 tempered glass is now available.
incase anyone needs another.only 2 available.
Also available is one normal case and one 360 case for the redmi 5 as well
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by Dalek(m): 2:02am On May 17, 2018
PureMe01:
Dalek the redmi 5 tempered glass is now available.
incase anyone needs another.only 2 available.
Also available is one normal case and one 360 case for the redmi 5 as well

Thanks bro, give me your WhatsApp digit.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by PureMe01: 5:05am On May 17, 2018
Dalek:

Thanks bro, give me your WhatsApp digit.
07011263789 WhatsApp/call
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by MrBasketball: 8:45am On May 18, 2018
ekenzify:
Nice Phone sha. But for now, am still rocking my Infinix Hot 5 pro cool
Hot5 pro? undecided

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by ekenzify(m): 11:14am On May 18, 2018
MrBasketball:
Hot5 pro? undecided
cheesy yeah
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by samodan(m): 1:32pm On May 19, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Lol. Nice analogy. But u sure sey that hot note no go pass 2 taps though? cheesy

Abi o grin grin
We nuh come sure
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by babashiko(m): 8:44pm On May 19, 2018
Can xaomi redmi 5 plus beat gionee A1 plus
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included by oxygenlove(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2018
What About The Multitasking Issue On The 2gb\16gb Variant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9mobile To Be Sold Out On January 16 / Pictures From TECNO CAMON 30 Series Launch In Lagos / Airtel Mifi (router) VS Mtn Mifi (router)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.