Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

The New Girl - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The New Girl (134370 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Girl by Danpersie31(m): 11:14am On Jul 03, 2018
abi ooo.FP tinz..oya come update asap
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 03, 2018
This update is dedicated to my boss WHIZKIDEFE
Episode 35

It’s finally Christmas day. Houses were adorning Christmas trees which were well decorated, you would be greeted ‘Merry Christmas’ any where you turned to, Christmas songs blared on different corners of every streets, street light on roads were well decorated with Christmas lights that lit up everywhere. The Christmas spirit was definitely present in Lagos, Nigeria.
In the James’ residence, Edwin and his Father were already dressed up in a lovely black suit with Edwin spotting a blue bowtie while his Father had a red bowtie. All that remained was Mrs. James, who was taking quite a while to dress up.
“Hmm, looking good, Son. And handsome to add to that,” Mr. James said, walking down the staircase towards the living room where Edwin was.
“Thanks, Dad. You’re not looking bad yourself, you know. If people that doesn’t know us, see both of us together, they will think you are my elder brother.” Edwin smirked.
“Oh really, I never knew I was still looking that young.” Mr. James said, a huge smile beaming on his face.
“Oh yes, Dad, you do. You’re even more handsome and muscular than me. No wonder Mom didn’t hesitate to marry you.” Edwin smirked once more.
Mr. James laughed out loud saying, “Don’t try to flatter me, Edwin. We both know that’s not true.”
“You should know I can’t lie to you, Dad. So, where is Mom? You were both suppose to come down together,” Edwin asked, staring at the stairs to see if his mother was coming down.
“You know your mother, it takes her 6 hours to get dress.” Mr. James stated.
“I heard that! Samuel!” Mrs. James screamed from the room.
“Uh-Oh, I’m scared. Before the room, she told me she was just applying the finishing touches,” Mr. James said, finally taking a sit on the sofa.
“Argh! We’re gonna be late. We can’t be late for our party. Mum! Aren’t you done yet!?” Edwin screamed.
“I’m almost done, honey. Just give me a minute,” Mrs. James screamed back.
“A minute is what we don’t have,” Edwin murmured, but it was still audible to his Father.
“Calm down, Edwin. She’ll soon be done,” Mr. James said.
“I’m here!” Mrs. James said, walking down the stairs gracefully. She wore a sky blue ball gown and matched it with a blue hat, red purse and blue heels. “So, how do I look?”
“Wow! Mom, you look beautiful,” Edwin said, looking at her from head to toe.
“Is it possible to remarry this beauty Queen? I think I’m in love all over again. You looking beautiful, my love.” Mr. James stood up, took her hands and pecked it.
“Oh, you both are making me blush. And you’re such a darling, Samuel,” Mrs. James said as Mr. James pulled her close to him.
“Erm…excuse me, teenage boy still here. And remember we have a party to attend before you guys start going all lovey dovey.” Edwin rolled his eyes.
“Kids, what do they know? What about Ms. Mary? I hope you she also be in attendance?” Mrs. James asking, holding his wife’s by the waist.
“Yeah, Aunt Mary told me she will attend, with her family,” Edwin replied, walking towards the front door as his parents followed closely behind.
“Okay, that’s good. I will love it if she attended,” Mr. James added.
“Oh, one more thing before we go. I will love us to take some pictures, or don’t you guys think so?” Edwin asked as he stood beside the car.
“That’s nice. Let take some right now,” Mrs. James replied as Edwin brought out his phone and signalled to the driver to take the picture.
“Jenny!? Jessy!? Daniel!? Hurry up. We don’t wanna be late.” Mr. Macaulay screamed from the living room.
“We’re coming!” Jenny and Jessy screamed back from their rooms.
“I’m here, Dad,” Daniel said, walking down the stairs, joining his Father in the living room. Daniel wore a dark blue suit with black trousers and a red bowtie while Mr. Macaulay wore a black suit with a black trousers and a red bowtie.
“You’re looking good, Dad.” Daniel smiled.
“Thanks, Daniel. You’re not looking bad yourself.” Mr. Macaulay added.
“If your father isn’t looking bad, then I must look stunning,” Mrs. Macaulay said, walking towards them, gracefully adorning a gold colour ball gown, matching it with gold heels and bag.
“Wow! You really look stunning, Mom.” Daniel smiled.
“That’s because I recommended the gown for her,” Mr. Macaulay gloated, smirking.
“Yeah, keep on gloating about how you helped me pick the gown. You won’t give me a little compliment for making the gown look beautiful on me. You’re so romantic,” Mrs. Macaulay said, sarcastically.
“Oh alright, alright. You look beautiful, stunning, amazing, captivating.” Mr. Macaulay smiled.
“Aww, that’s so sweet. I would have blushed but your compliments are now invalid. Where are my lovely daughters?” Mr. Macaulay asked to no one in particular while Mr. Macaulay scoffed at her earlier statement.
“We’re here, Mom,” Jenny and Jessy screamed, running down the stairs, both adorning identical pink dresses with pink shoes.
“Wow! Look at how beautiful my little angels are looking.” Mrs. Macaulay purred.
“Thanks, Mom. How do we look, Dad?” Jessy asked, smiling towards her Father.
“You both look adorable,” Mr. Macaulay replied, carrying both of them on his arms, “I think we should get get going now, since everyone is ready.”
“Well, it’s about time,” Daniel said, walking towards the front door.
“Give me one of my daughters, you can’t carry them both,” Mrs. Macaulay retorted, walking towards her husband and carrying Jessy.
“Jealous that they favour me than you?” Mr. Macaulay smirked.
“Erm… Dad, I kinda favour Mom to you,” Jenny stated, moving away from her father’s grasp to her mother’s to which Mrs. Macaulay pulled out tongue towards her Husband and walked away with her daughters.
“Women… Just look at them conspiring against their Father. Soon, they will come running to me for their Christmas present.” Mr. Macaulay smirked, trailing closely behind them.
The party was scheduled to begin by 7pm but around 6:30pm, the hall was already filled with people, some of which were occupying political offices. The Macaulay’s had just arrived and were well welcomed by the The James’. While they were still exchanging pleasantries, Edwin motioned on Daniel to follow him.
“Let’s not let these old people bore our lives with their speech,” Edwin said, moving ahead of Daniel.
“Don’t forget you’re gonna be old one day, Eddy. And where are you going to?” Daniel asked, as he trailed behind Edwin.
“I know I’m gonna be old ‘someday’ that’s why we gotta enjoy our lives while we are still young. And we’re going to our private table.” Edwin smirked, as he walked towards a table where Clement and Felix were seated, eating a huge plate of Jollof rice. “Really? The party hasn’t even started and you both are already devouring a plate of food?” Edwin said, raising an eyebrow.
“I was hungry, I couldn’t help myself. You should be questioning Felix. When he saw me taking some food, he quickly rushed and took his, as if he’s a food monger,” Clement said, glaring at Felix with a mouthful of food.
“C’mon, Clement. I was hungry too. I just didn’t express it until I saw you take some food.’ Felix shrugged.
“Just leave them alone, Eddy. I might soon join them. The sight of this Jollof rice is mouth watering,” Daniel said, staring deeply at the plate of Jollof rice Clement was eating.
“You should try this, Danny boy, it’s amazing. I feel like I’m in heaven,” Clement said, closing his eyes as he chewed the food in his mouth.
“And here I was, thinking I’m the odd one. Oh Daniel look, Susan and her family are here,” Edwin said, walking towards them.
“Wow! She’s…beautiful!” Daniel exclaimed as he stared at her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
Episode 36

Walking into the party, The Williams looked around, admiring the beautiful decorations done to the Hall. It’s ceiling dominated at over two deckings high, curved into a smooth glass dome that showed fully, the night stars and its glorious stars which its twinkles matched the thousands of the tiny red bulbs that webbed the walls of the hall. There was also a large platform at the front which stood a magnificent Christmas tree. It stood so high, adorned with light bulbs and figurines.
“Wow! This place is beautiful.” Susan exclaimed.
“Hmm… It seems we’re late,” Mr. Williams said as he walked in right behind Susan, holding his wife’s hand
“It seems so.” Theresa added. Everywhere is bubbling.”
“Hello everyone. Hi Susan. Glad you all could make it and MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Edwin said as he walked up to them.
“Thank you very much. But you are?” Mr. Macaulay asked.
“Oh Dad, he’s Edwin. He’s the Senate President son,” Susan replied.
“Oh really? But do you two know each other?” Mr. Williams asked with a confused look on his face.
“Yes we do. We met at Crownsville College,” Edwin replied, beaming a light smile on his face.
“Oh I see. So that means, you both are friends? As in close friends?” Mr. Williams asked. Mrs. Williams, knowing what her Husband was getting at, gently nudged him but he brushed it off
“Yes we are sir,” Edwin replied a bit tensed. He was beginning to feel uncomfortable with the numerous question being thrown at him.
“Oh! And are you the one responsible for my appointment as the personal assistant to your father? Mr. Williams asked.
Knowing fully well that this question might come up if he eventually meet Mr. Williams, Edwin switched on his acting face and said, “Wow! So, you’re my Dad’s new PA? Congratulations sir, I never knew you were the one.”
“So, you’re not the one responsible? Because I’m still confused over how I got the appointment. I can’t remember submitting an application for that post to any organisation,” Mr. Williams said with a confused expression on his face.
“Me? Responsible?” Edwin asked, pointing at himself with a confused expression on his face. “That’s impossible. I don’t mingle with my Dad’s political life. All I know is, my Dad is the Senate President.” Edwin shrugged.
“Oh… Okay. Sorry if my questions were a bit offensive.” Mr. Williams said as he sighed lightly in defeat.
“It’s no problem sir. C’mon, let me introduce you guys to my parents,” Edwin said before walking away. They all nodded and followed him.
“What were you trying to get at, Leonard?” Mrs. Williams whispered as she walked alongside her husband.
“I just want to be sure I wasn’t given the job based on sympathy. Since they are both friends, there’s a chance Susan must have mentioned something about our condition to him. Are you now getting my point?” Mr. Williams asked.
“Well, you might be right on that but just leave that aside and enjoy the party” Mrs. Williams said.
“Here we are,” Edwin said as they got to where his parents stood. “Mom, Dad, I’ll like to meet my friend, Susan Williams and her family.”
“Ah, yes, Mr. Williams, thank you for coming,” Mr. James said beaming a smile on his face, “And I can see you brought your beautiful family along.”
“Yes, thank you very much, you Excellency…”
“No! No! Please don’t address in that manner. Address me by name, Samuel. And this is my beautiful wife, Rose and my son, Edwin,” Mr. James said.
Smiling sheepishly, Mr. Williams said, “We know who you all are since you’re the Senate President. Anyway, this is my wife, Bridget and my two lovely daughters, Susan and Theresa.”
“It’s nice to meet, Mr. Williams and your lovely family,” Mrs. James smiled.
“The pleasure is ours,” Mrs. Williams replied.
“So, Mr. Williams, what can…”
“Hey Susan, c’mon let’s get outta here before they bore us with their political nonsense.” Edwin whispered to Susan. She smiled, nodded and motioned to Theresa to come along.
“So, where are we going?” Susan asked.
“We’re going to our table. Daniel and the rest of the guys are already there,” Edwin replied.
Daniel watched from the table as Edwin, Susan and a young girl walked towards the table. He felt his heart begin to flutter as he watched Susan walk gracefully, adorning a cream colored gown which accentuated her curves with a sparkly silver design, a silver clutch with silver heels and a wavy long black hair that reached her shoulders.
To Daniel, she was a perfect description of an angel. He had never seen anyone more beautiful than her in his entire life. She almost made him forget the other girl who was walking beside her wearing a similar attire but hers was creamy yellow and she had her black hair in a ponytail.
“And we’re here!” Edwin announced as they got to the table.
“Hey guys,” Susan greeted.
”Hi Susan,” Clement and Felix chorused. “And who’s your beautiful friend?” Felix said, staring at her.
“She’s my sister, Theresa,” Susan said.
“Hello everyone, nice to meet you all” Theresa said.
“Theresa? What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Why don’t you come sit with me?” Felix asked, pulling out the chair beside him.
“Don’t even think about it, boy,” Susan said glaring at Felix.
“Someone is afraid I’m gonna be her in-law.” Felix smirked.
“Yeah right,” Susan said, brushing him off. “Hi Daniel. You’ve been awfully quiet,” She said softly, smiling at him.
“Hi…Hi…Hi…Su…Hi…Susan.” Daniel jerked abruptly as he felt his heartbeat increasing at she spoke to him.
“Are you alright?” Susan asked with a concerned expression on her face.
“Yeah, Danny boy. You’ve gone pale. If it’s about you being hungry for the Jollof rice, I can tell someone to bring you some.” Edwin shrugged.
“No! No! No! Don’t worry, it’s not about that. I’m going to use the bathroom. Where’s it, Edwin?” Daniel asked, getting up from the chair. His feet felt light as he stood but he made sure he kept his composure.
“Just walk down there to the exit, take a left and walk straight,” Edwin said, pointing to the exit.
Daniel followed Edwin’s instruction and soon found himself inside the toilet. Luckily, there was no one in the toilet. He walked up to the sink, staring at his reflection on the mirror. He touched his chest, checking his heartbeat which was now gradually going back to normal. He still hadn’t understand what happened when he saw her. It was as if he had been bewitched. He had never felt this feeling before.
After spending some time staring at his reflection, he switched on the tap, dipped his hand into the running water and was about pour it on his face but decided against it since he didn’t have a towel to wipe his face clean. He then washed his hand used a tissue to wipe it clean, took a deep breathe and walked out of the toilet towards his table.
Getting back to the table, his heart melted as he saw Susan, laughing softly to whatever Edwin was saying. Daniel suddenly felt a rush of anger building up in him. He stared coldly at Edwin who was still talking, gesticulating and making funny faces. He walked towards the table sat down, ignoring the conversation they were having.
“Welcome, Danny boy. We were just talking about you.” Edwin smirked.
“Edwin was just telling us about the time you were cried when Santa Claus carried you in the Christmas party Crownsville hosted back in Elementary school,” Susan said in between laughs.
“Yeah… I’ll never forget that day. Daniel cried like a baby. And to think he was 10.” Clements laughed.
‘Wow! I’m thrilled to hear that,” Daniel said, sarcastically.
“And there was also a time, Daniel…” Edwin started but Daniel slowly moved his hand to the glass of water and hit it making it pour on Susan dress.
“Oh…I’m so sorry,” Daniel said, moving his hand towards her lap where the water had poured.
“No, it’s fine. It was a mistake. Let me go clean up in the toilet,” Susan said as she got up and left. She had almost reached the exit when someone bumped into her.
“Hey! Watch were you are…” The voice started but stopped abruptly.
“Kelvin!” She exclaimed.

2 Likes

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2018
Episode 37

“Kelvin?!” Susan exclaimed.
“Susan? What a pleasant surprise,” Kelvin said, a huge smile beaming on his face.
“Yeah! It’s good to see you again,” Susan said as she checked him out. He looked handsome adorning a sky blue tux on an ankle length sky blue trouser and a nice pair of black shoes.
“I guess you are here for the party?” Kelvin asked.
“Yeah. My family and I were invited by the Senate President.”
“Wow! You know the Senate President in person? That’s pretty cool.”
“Well, you can say that.”
“Why don’t we head out to have some fresh air? Or were you going somewhere else?”
“Well, I was going to the toilet to clean up the water stain on my dress.”
“Don’t worry about that, I can clean it up for you. It’s not a problem to me at all,” Kelvin said, putting on his signature smile.
“Aww, you’re so sweet. Okay, Let’s go. I actually do need some fresh air,” Susan said, smiling.
“Great. So, shall we,” Kelvin said as he held her hand and lead her out of the hall.
“Ladies and Gentlemen,” The MC started as he got on the stage. “I’ll love to welcome everyone present here to this Christmas party organized by his Excellency, the Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Mr. Samuel James. I will like to invite him onto the podium to give us his opening speech.”
Mr. James walked onto the stage amidst applause from the crowd.
“Men! What’s taking Susan so long?” Edwin asked, staring at the exit.
“Why are you all of sudden showing concern over her whereabouts?” Daniel asked, coldly.
“Ooh… Pardon me for showing concern to our friend that left us to go clean herself up in the toilet for the past eight minutes,” Edwin replied, rolling his eyes.
“Yeah, Daniel. We do have a right to be worried. I don’t know why you are talking like this,” Clement said with a confused expression on his face.
Sighing deeply, Daniel said, “I’m sorry guys. I didn’t mean to sound like that. I don’t know what’s wrong with me today.”
“Thank God you know you’re acting strange today. And it’s really creepy Danny boy, you’ve gotta stop,” Felix added.
“Erm…guys, should I go look for her?” Theresa asked to no one in particular.
“No, let’s just give her sometime. If she isn’t here in the next three minutes, then you should go look for her,” Edwin stated to which they all agreed.
”… And I also wanna thank my lovely wife and my son. I know I might not have been the best husband or father but I thank you both for being such a blessing to me. I don’t know what more to say than to thank you both. Can we all please give them a round of applause?” Mr. James said. The crowd began applauding as the spotlight landed on Mrs. James and Edwin.
“Wow! My Dad just made me look adorable to the whole world, I’m so touched,” Edwin said sarcastically as he stood to take a bow and wave at the crowd.
”The Man of the hour,” Felix said with a smirk on his lips. Edwin merely gave him a mocking glare before he sat down.
“Thank you very much,” Mr. James continued. “With that said, let the party begin and Merry Christmas everyone,” Mr. James said raising his glass of champagne to the air.
The orchestras started playing as everywhere began to bubble once again.
“So, Theresa, since your sister isn’t here to other you around, why don’t you come sit with me? I could really use some company,” Felix said, with a sly smile on his face.
Theresa chuckled before replying, “No thanks. There are more than enough company on this table.”
Just then, a middle aged man walked upto Edwin and whispered something into his ears to which he just sighed and nodded. The middle aged then stood beside Edwin, as if waiting for a command.
“What’s up, Edwin?” Clement asked, pointing to the stranger.
“He’s from my Dad. Apparently, my Dad wants me by his side since this is the first Christmas we’re spending together,” Edwin said as he got up from his seat. “Theresa, I think now is the right time to go to check on your sister. See what’s still keeping her in there. And, please don’t listen to Felix. I mean that guy that has been troubling you,” Edwin added pointing to Felix. “He’s just a playboy.”
“What?! Me?! A playboy?! That’s not true, Theresa. Don’t listen to him,” Felix said glaring daggers at Edwin.
“Ooh sorry, my bad. I mean, you’re the loud and stupid one.” Edwin smirked. “Theresa, go find your sister and please, do tell me when you do,” Edwin said as he motioned on the middle aged man to lead the way while he followed.
“Are you guys not gonna say something? Eddy just called me loud and stupid. Do I look loud and stupid?” Felix yelled.
“No, of course not. You’re perfectly normal,” Clement said sarcastically while rubbing both his ears.
“Oh geez, the non sarcastic guy now reeks of sarcasm,” Felix stated rolling his eyes.
“Erm… Theresa, please don’t listen to these two and go look for your sister,” Daniel said with an expressionless face.
“Alright.” Theresa said as she got up. “I’ll be right back,” She said before leaving.
“And you, Danny boy, we know you’re the quiet type but when did you suddenly become too quiet?” Felix asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Yeah, Daniel. You’ve been awfully quiet today, which I find quite strange,” Clement added.
“It’s really nothing guys.” Daniel stated. “I’m just…I’m just…I’m just hungry. Yeah, I’m just hungry for erm…for…for jollof rice. Yeah, I’m just hungry for some jollof rice.” Daniel stuttered.
“Hahaha, so a hungry Daniel is now a quiet Daniel? Strange things are beginning to happen.” Felix laughed.
“If that’s so, then you should have told Eddy to…”
“Guys! I can’t find Susan,” Theresa panicked as she got to the table.
“What?! What do you mean you can’t find her?” Daniel retorted as he stood up abruptly.
“I don’t know. I went to the toilet to look for her but I didn’t find her in there.” Theresa panicked.
“We have to find her! We have to find her! We have to…”
“Calm down, Daniel. Why are you getting paranoid? It’s not as if she has been kidnapped. We’ll all look for her but we have to split up and search at different locations. I’ll search at the parking lot, Felix, you’ll search around the hall, Theresa, you’ll have to search around the toilet while Daniel will search for her at the back. Everyone got it? Clement asked in a commanding tone.
“Yeah!”
“But what about Edwin?” Theresa asked. “Remember what he said?”
“Let’s leave Edwin out of this for now. We won’t wanna ruin his Christmas with his family. And I believe we’ll find her before he knows she went missing,” Clement said. “Alright, let’s go.”
“Done! Good as new,” Kelvin said as he finished wiping the stain off her dress.
“Thanks,” Susan said, softly. “This place is beautiful.” She added. They both sat on a water fountain which was surrounded by a garden at the back of the hall where the Christmas party was taking place.
“I know right.” Kelvin stated. “It really is but not as beautiful as your smile,” Kelvin said with a sly smile.
“Oh stop it, Kelvin.” She blushed.
“But it’s true,” Kelvin said. “Gosh! I’ve missed you, Susan,” He added holding her left palm.
“I’ve missed you too,” Susan replied looking away shyly to avoid his gaze.
“Have you thought over what I told you?” Kelvin asked, his gazed still fixated on her.
“I… I have but…”
“But what Susan? What more do you want me to do to prove my love to you?” Kelvin asked in a weary tone.
“It’s not like that, Kelvin. It’s just…”
“No, it’s nothing. Look, Susan, I love you. You mean the whole world to me. I can’t stand a day without thinking about you and I know you feel the same to me. Look into my eyes, Susan. Look into my eyes and tell me what you truly feel about me.”
“Kelvin… I…”
“No, Susan, look into my eyes and tell me. Tell me what you feel about me,” Kelvin said holding both her palms. “I love you.”
Looking into his eyes, Susan replied, “I love you too.”
Slowly, their heads towards each other until their lips met.
But hidden in the shadows of the night, a human figure watched them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2018
My bigger Bros and big sist abeg make una no vex for me say I no update for some time. Fine boys attack my house so no phone or laptop to update regularly for now make una bear with me. skubido, whinnie , and the rest I see una

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by Tunibitoye(m): 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2018
OK bro no qualm update us for the past week u've skipped
Re: The New Girl by Iamicekid(m): 4:38am On Jul 04, 2018
Nice
Re: The New Girl by Yakadon: 7:54am On Jul 04, 2018
plz bro update more, really interesting to know the end
Re: The New Girl by Danchoco(m): 7:56am On Jul 04, 2018
Nice write up......
Re: The New Girl by izaray(f): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2018
Ah!! Sorry for the big boys strange visit smiley
Re: The New Girl by harunablezin(f): 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2018
Eyah sorry for your loss KO.......it is well with you
Re: The New Girl by oloyedprince1(m): 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
nice write up bro, i hope u would update soon enough
Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 2:26am On Jul 05, 2018
Asemark:
My bigger Bros and big sist abeg make una no vex for me say I no update for some time. Fine boys attack my house so no phone or laptop to update regularly for now make una bear with me. skubido, whinnie , and the rest I see una

Nothing do u boss, I dey ur back. Ride on

Susan don enter 1 chance oooo. Daniel don see her nao, DAT wan na another gbege

Tanks a lot for the update.
Re: The New Girl by Vicvalentine: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2018
Oh poor Daniel.
Re: The New Girl by JULI3BAE: 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
poor Susan she has fallen into the wrong hands and i think its Daniels sis that saw them
Re: The New Girl by Danpersie31(m): 12:09am On Jul 06, 2018
Asemark:
so sorry abt everything.. we will wait patiently ..pls can I get ur WhatsApp number ? I have something to discuss with you
Re: The New Girl by cyberwaver(m): 8:46am On Jul 06, 2018
The story itself is on hold, go and read the rest on watpad
Re: The New Girl by queenitee(f): 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
grin grin grin hmmm
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
nice story bro,yu are really a great writer

yea what you said about ghost reader is true as a writer i also feel thesame

people would read and won't comment even if na ok two letter word

it makes one spirit go down,you won't know whether people are even reading your write up talkles of being interesting

buh lemme tell you something

you are good at it.thumps up my man,more inspiration brotherly
Re: The New Girl by oyinatinuke(f): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2018
Ghost mode deactivated. Nice story you've got here. But please,let your updates be consistent.
Re: The New Girl by devilmaycry1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2018
oyinatinuke:
Ghost mode deactivated. Nice story you've got here. But please,let your updates be consistent.
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2018
for those of you I offended am really sorry, am open to criticism. feel free to tell me whatever you like. pls be polite.
Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
Asemark:
for those of you I offended am really sorry, am open to criticism. feel free to tell me whatever you like. pls be polite.

comma update jhor
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
skubido:

comma update jhor
lol shie you go pay me
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
Episodev38
Two weeks had gone since the Christmas party and school had finally resumed. It was a Sunday afternoon and Daniel just got to his apartment. After the church service, he decided to get back to school to prepare for the resumption of lectures
Opening the door to his apartment, everywhere was covered in dust. He then realised he had forgotten to close a window. Giving a huge sigh, he walked in, dropped his luggage beside the door, took off his shirt, grabbed a broom and set sail. After spending close to 20 minutes mopping, cleaning, sweeping and reorganizing his room, he was finally done. He stood akimbo, admiring the new shape of his room. Switching on the ceiling fan, he slumped on the bed to rest a bit before unpacking but that won’t be possible because,
“Felix! Get back here!” Edwin yelled from down the corridor as Daniel watched both of them speed run past his room. They were both shirtless with Edwin putting on a black jean trouser while Felix had a fading blue jean short.
Hitting a palm on his face, Daniel murmured, “I can’t believe I forgot they were already back. My peace and quiet days are over.”
After waiting a while to see if they would run past and scream, he decided to close his eyes and sleep. But as he was about to do that, Edwin yelled again,
“Felix! I swear if I catch you, I’ll kill you!”
This time, instead of running past, Felix ran into his room, quickly jumped on the bed and hid behind a now sitting Daniel.
“Oh my God! What is the meaning of this? Is it a crime to rest in your own house?” Daniel yelled, pulling away from Felix’s grip.
“Please Daniel don’t shout, Edwin might just…”
“Where is he?! Where is that idiot?!” Edwin roared as he stormed into the room panting heavily.
“Here he is,” Daniel said as he got up and pointed at Felix. “Please take him out.”
In a swift move, Felix got up the bed and hide behind Daniel. Using him as a human shield, he said, “Please, Daniel, save me. Eddy wants to kill me.”
“You better get out of my way, Daniel,” Edwin blurted out.
With a huge sigh while putting a hand on his forehead, Daniel said, “Alright hold on, Eddy what happened? Why all the commotion?”
“It’s this idiot called Felix. Do you know this idiot stole my cologne I forgot here, and not only did he steal it, he used it all and threw the bottle away thinking I would not find out.” Edwin blared out in anger.
“So all this noise for a stupid cologne?” Daniel deadpanned.
“Colognes are not stupid,” Edwin stated, rolling an eye.
“Is this true, Felix? Did you take his cologne?” Daniel asked looking over his shoulders where Felix hid.
“No it’s not true. I didn’t take anything,” Felix murmured.
“Daniel, can you please move away so I can deal with this boy?” Edwin blurted out. “If you don’t move away, I will move you away.”
“Okay! Calm down, Eddy. Did you search for it well?” Daniel asked in a calm tone.
“Of course I did,” Edwin yelled. “I searched for it but I didn’t find it and there’s only one person capable of stealing my stuffs.”
“Are you sure about that?” Clement asked, leaning by the door waving a Bottle.
“My cologne!” Edwin said as he ran and grabbed the cologne off his hand. “Where did you find it?”
“Under your bed. Where else?” Clement shrugged.
“That’s a lie! You stole it. It’s all clear now,” Edwin said widening his eyes while rubbing his chin. “You stole it but kept quiet, making me attack poor little Felix.”
“My feelings has been hurt,” Felix said in a shaky tone.
“Awwn…poor Felix. I almost killed you for the wrong reason. Clement, you have to apologize to Felix.”
Hitting his palm on his forehead, Clement said, “I’m surrounded by idiots.”
Felix laughs hard, “Clement just called you both idiots.”
“I meant you and Eddy, idiot.” Clement scoffed.
“Hey! Take that –”
“Okay! Okay! I just finished cleaning my room and I wanna rest so y’all should leave my room now,” Daniel said pushing both Edwin and Felix out of his room.
“Ooh, you just got here?” Clement asked.
“Yes, I just did. And I wanna get some sleep. So can you all leave my room,” Daniel said pointing to the door.
“Wait, before we go, Danny boy, did you get us something? Because we’re very hungry,” Edwin said in a weary tone.
“Yeah, the worms in my stomach are already feasting on my intestines,” Felix growled holding his stomach.
Smiling slyly, Daniel said, “Of course I did. Come closer let me tell you guys what it is.”
They both ignorantly walked towards Daniel, smiling wholeheartedly. Clement stood by the door, arms folded with a raised eyebrow wondering how stupid Edwin and Felix were to believe Daniel actually got them something.
As they got where Daniel stood, he ushered them to lean their heads forward so he can whisper it to their ears. Doing that, Daniel leaned forward and whispered, “I bought absolutely nothing for you guys.” He then yelled, “SO CAN YOU NOW LEAVE MY ROOM!”
“How was your holiday, Cleo?” Susan asked putting a dress in her wardrobe.
“It was okay,” Cleo stated. “We travelled to village to go see my grandparents and it was kinda fun.” She deadpanned. “What about you?”
”It was fine… as well,” Susan replied with a shy smile.
“Ooh… I know that smile so well. Tell me, what happened that’s making you smile like that?”
“Well,” Susan stated as she sat down on the bed adjacent to Cleo’s. “Kelvin and I are now a…you know,” Susan said smiling at Cleo, hoping she would get the hint.
“Wait, you guys are now dating?” Cleo asked, a surprised expression on her face.
Susan smiles and nods her head
“Wow! How? When?” Cleo asked.
“Well…” Susan stated but was interrupted by the sound of the door. Tania walked in, carrying a luggage.
“Hey girls,” Tania said, dropping her bag beside the bed Cleo sat.
“Hi Tania,” They chorused.
“How was your trip?” Susan asked as Tania slumped on the bed Cleo sat on.
“It was good just a heavy traffic that held me for more than an hour.” Tania whined.
Cleo was about to say something but Tania interrupted, “Ooh, hold that thought, Cleo. I have to let someone know I’m back,” She said, bringing out her smartphone and dialling a number.
“Let me guess, Mr. Secret lover that you don’t wanna reveal to us?” Cleo asked.
“Yep and don’t worry, it will be revealed in due time. And instead sticking your nose in mine, why don’t you go find yours?” Tania asked, putting the phone beside her ear.
“Thank you for your wonderful suggestion but I have a life to live. Boys are not my priority anytime soon,” Cleo said.
“Hello?” Tania stated as the receiver picked up the call. “I’m fine and you?… I just got back to school… Ooh, you are?… Sure, why not, this place is really boring… Okay, I’ll be there in 10 minutes… Bye!” She said dropping the call before taking her bag and heading to the door.
“You’re leaving?” Susan asked. “But you just got here.”
“Yeah,” Tania replied, “I’ll be back soon. And you girls shouldn’t miss me too much, okay?” She winked before slamming the door behind her.
“That girl is really odd,” Cleo said. “Alright, Susan, go on with the story.”
Susan smiles, “Okay, it was…” She was cut short by the sound of her ringing tone. Kelvin was calling. She hushed Cleo.
“Hi Kelvin,” Susan said, softly.
“Hey baby. How’re you doing?” He asked in a seductive tone.
“I’m fine and you?”
“I’m also fine but I would be better beside you.”
Susan chuckles, “Alright, I’ll come visit you.”
“Yeah, that’s the thing, I just called to let you know that I won’t be at home today. I’m going out.”
“Ooh… Okay, no problem.”
“But there is always a tomorrow.”
Susan chuckles, “Okay, tomorrow.”
“Alright, love. Bye!”
“Bye!” The call ends
“That was him, right?” Cleo asked.
“Yeah.” Susan replied.
“Hmm… Love birds.”
Susan smiles.

2 Likes

Re: The New Girl by PrudySara(f): 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nice one...thanks for the update, but it's too short na
Re: The New Girl by Samuelsmart22(m): 12:49am On Jul 13, 2018
Thumps up @ Asemark, nice work. Please keep it coming
Re: The New Girl by Ann2012(f): 6:04am On Jul 13, 2018
Thanks Asemark

I won't be surprised if Tania is also being fooled by Kelvin
Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks Asemark
I won't be surprised if Tania is also being fooled by Kelvin

like u read my mind

OP you have not update oooo, waiting for the real Update. jah bless

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2018
Asemark:
lol shie you go pay me

No p abt that na
Re: The New Girl by LisaAnne(f): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2018
Asemark:
Episodev38
Two weeks had gone since the Christmas party and school had finally resumed. It was a Sunday afternoon and Daniel just got to his apartment. After the church service, he decided to get back to school to prepare for the resumption of lectures
Opening the door to his apartment, everywhere was covered in dust. He then realised he had forgotten to close a window. Giving a huge sigh, he walked in, dropped his luggage beside the door, took off his shirt, grabbed a broom and set sail. After spending close to 20 minutes mopping, cleaning, sweeping and reorganizing his room, he was finally done. He stood akimbo, admiring the new shape of his room. Switching on the ceiling fan, he slumped on the bed to rest a bit before unpacking but that won’t be possible because,
“Felix! Get back here!” Edwin yelled from down the corridor as Daniel watched both of them speed run past his room. They were both shirtless with Edwin putting on a black jean trouser while Felix had a fading blue jean short.
Hitting a palm on his face, Daniel murmured, “I can’t believe I forgot they were already back. My peace and quiet days are over.”
After waiting a while to see if they would run past and scream, he decided to close his eyes and sleep. But as he was about to do that, Edwin yelled again,
“Felix! I swear if I catch you, I’ll kill you!”
This time, instead of running past, Felix ran into his room, quickly jumped on the bed and hid behind a now sitting Daniel.
“Oh my God! What is the meaning of this? Is it a crime to rest in your own house?” Daniel yelled, pulling away from Felix’s grip.
“Please Daniel don’t shout, Edwin might just…”
“Where is he?! Where is that idiot?!” Edwin roared as he stormed into the room panting heavily.
“Here he is,” Daniel said as he got up and pointed at Felix. “Please take him out.”
In a swift move, Felix got up the bed and hide behind Daniel. Using him as a human shield, he said, “Please, Daniel, save me. Eddy wants to kill me.”
“You better get out of my way, Daniel,” Edwin blurted out.
With a huge sigh while putting a hand on his forehead, Daniel said, “Alright hold on, Eddy what happened? Why all the commotion?”
“It’s this idiot called Felix. Do you know this idiot stole my cologne I forgot here, and not only did he steal it, he used it all and threw the bottle away thinking I would not find out.” Edwin blared out in anger.
“So all this noise for a stupid cologne?” Daniel deadpanned.
“Colognes are not stupid,” Edwin stated, rolling an eye.
“Is this true, Felix? Did you take his cologne?” Daniel asked looking over his shoulders where Felix hid.
“No it’s not true. I didn’t take anything,” Felix murmured.
“Daniel, can you please move away so I can deal with this boy?” Edwin blurted out. “If you don’t move away, I will move you away.”
“Okay! Calm down, Eddy. Did you search for it well?” Daniel asked in a calm tone.
“Of course I did,” Edwin yelled. “I searched for it but I didn’t find it and there’s only one person capable of stealing my stuffs.”
“Are you sure about that?” Clement asked, leaning by the door waving a Bottle.
“My cologne!” Edwin said as he ran and grabbed the cologne off his hand. “Where did you find it?”
“Under your bed. Where else?” Clement shrugged.
“That’s a lie! You stole it. It’s all clear now,” Edwin said widening his eyes while rubbing his chin. “You stole it but kept quiet, making me attack poor little Felix.”
“My feelings has been hurt,” Felix said in a shaky tone.
“Awwn…poor Felix. I almost killed you for the wrong reason. Clement, you have to apologize to Felix.”
Hitting his palm on his forehead, Clement said, “I’m surrounded by idiots.”
Felix laughs hard, “Clement just called you both idiots.”
“I meant you and Eddy, idiot.” Clement scoffed.
“Hey! Take that –”
“Okay! Okay! I just finished cleaning my room and I wanna rest so y’all should leave my room now,” Daniel said pushing both Edwin and Felix out of his room.
“Ooh, you just got here?” Clement asked.
“Yes, I just did. And I wanna get some sleep. So can you all leave my room,” Daniel said pointing to the door.
“Wait, before we go, Danny boy, did you get us something? Because we’re very hungry,” Edwin said in a weary tone.
“Yeah, the worms in my stomach are already feasting on my intestines,” Felix growled holding his stomach.
Smiling slyly, Daniel said, “Of course I did. Come closer let me tell you guys what it is.”
They both ignorantly walked towards Daniel, smiling wholeheartedly. Clement stood by the door, arms folded with a raised eyebrow wondering how stupid Edwin and Felix were to believe Daniel actually got them something.
As they got where Daniel stood, he ushered them to lean their heads forward so he can whisper it to their ears. Doing that, Daniel leaned forward and whispered, “I bought absolutely nothing for you guys.” He then yelled, “SO CAN YOU NOW LEAVE MY ROOM!”
“How was your holiday, Cleo?” Susan asked putting a dress in her wardrobe.
“It was okay,” Cleo stated. “We travelled to village to go see my grandparents and it was kinda fun.” She deadpanned. “What about you?”
”It was fine… as well,” Susan replied with a shy smile.
“Ooh… I know that smile so well. Tell me, what happened that’s making you smile like that?”
“Well,” Susan stated as she sat down on the bed adjacent to Cleo’s. “Kelvin and I are now a…you know,” Susan said smiling at Cleo, hoping she would get the hint.
“Wait, you guys are now dating?” Cleo asked, a surprised expression on her face.
Susan smiles and nods her head
“Wow! How? When?” Cleo asked.
“Well…” Susan stated but was interrupted by the sound of the door. Tania walked in, carrying a luggage.
“Hey girls,” Tania said, dropping her bag beside the bed Cleo sat.
“Hi Tania,” They chorused.
“How was your trip?” Susan asked as Tania slumped on the bed Cleo sat on.
“It was good just a heavy traffic that held me for more than an hour.” Tania whined.
Cleo was about to say something but Tania interrupted, “Ooh, hold that thought, Cleo. I have to let someone know I’m back,” She said, bringing out her smartphone and dialling a number.
“Let me guess, Mr. Secret lover that you don’t wanna reveal to us?” Cleo asked.
“Yep and don’t worry, it will be revealed in due time. And instead sticking your nose in mine, why don’t you go find yours?” Tania asked, putting the phone beside her ear.
“Thank you for your wonderful suggestion but I have a life to live. Boys are not my priority anytime soon,” Cleo said.
“Hello?” Tania stated as the receiver picked up the call. “I’m fine and you?… I just got back to school… Ooh, you are?… Sure, why not, this place is really boring… Okay, I’ll be there in 10 minutes… Bye!” She said dropping the call before taking her bag and heading to the door.
“You’re leaving?” Susan asked. “But you just got here.”
“Yeah,” Tania replied, “I’ll be back soon. And you girls shouldn’t miss me too much, okay?” She winked before slamming the door behind her.
“That girl is really odd,” Cleo said. “Alright, Susan, go on with the story.”
Susan smiles, “Okay, it was…” She was cut short by the sound of her ringing tone. Kelvin was calling. She hushed Cleo.
“Hi Kelvin,” Susan said, softly.
“Hey baby. How’re you doing?” He asked in a seductive tone.
“I’m fine and you?”
“I’m also fine but I would be better beside you.”
Susan chuckles, “Alright, I’ll come visit you.”
“Yeah, that’s the thing, I just called to let you know that I won’t be at home today. I’m going out.”
“Ooh… Okay, no problem.”
“But there is always a tomorrow.”
Susan chuckles, “Okay, tomorrow.”
“Alright, love. Bye!”
“Bye!” The call ends
“That was him, right?” Cleo asked.
“Yeah.” Susan replied.
“Hmm… Love birds.”
Susan smiles.
Following keenly
Re: The New Girl by izaray(f): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2018
keep it coming

Thanks for updating

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

THE UNKNOWN: The Mega-hit Series / The contract / Unrequited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.