Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) (62213 Views)

RCCG Youths Hold EndSARS, EndSWAT Prayer Rally At Redemption Camp / RCCG - Redemption Camp's 25 Megawatts Power Plant In Pictures / How We Bought RCCG Redemption Campground For Just N6, 000 – Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Tundeobama(m): 9:37pm On May 15, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Can you please show me where BBC claimed RCCG was the fastest growing church in the world? Where did you see that? The OP just made a dubious claim and you are here blabbing.50 years ago the population of the Catholic Church was 700million. Today it is 1.3billion.That is why I said The Catholic Church is the fastest growing church in terms of absolute numbers. Even by percentage RCCG cannot be the fastest growing church in the world
catholic is not a church to compare because it has existed for many centuries even Christians calls it MOthere church.
fastest growing tell me any church in the world established just RCCG was founded in 1952 by Rev. Josiah
Olufemi Akindayom and has grown to such feet in the world like rccg.Remember this church was started in Africa.No church from Africa has reach Rccg feet.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 9:44pm On May 15, 2018
Tundeobama:

catholic is not a church to compare because it has existed for many centuries even Christians calls it MOthere church.
fastest growing tell me any church in the world established just RCCG was founded in 1952 by Rev. Josiah
Olufemi Akindayom and has grown to such feet in the world like rccg.Remember this church was started in Africa.No church from Africa has reach Rccg feet.
I don't have any issue with RCCG, I only detest people making false claims. The RCCG is growing but it is not the fastest growing church in the world. I Hope you know even amongst the Pentecostal denominations the assemblies of God is larger than the RCCG?
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 9:47pm On May 15, 2018
RCCG g has the highest numbers of convert from Muslim to Christian especially Nigeria and Pakistan

When it comes to making dubious claims one will have to give it to you Pentecostals. How exactly did you arrive at this claim?
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 9:51pm On May 15, 2018
Half of the Christian Church in Pakistan are Catholic
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Pakistan
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by maxtamazin: 9:51pm On May 15, 2018
Omooba77:
We welcome (BBC) Broad Casting Station to Rccg Emmanuel Park, For Rating (RCCG) as the MOST Fastest Growing Church all over the World. Congratulations to Our Dady and Mummy Adeboye, On this Great Visit to Rccg Redemption camp, Glory be to Almighty God Hallelujah..

You just welcome devil into your mist. BBC go show una pepper. The most Christian hating broadcasting corporation in the world.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Tundeobama(m): 9:52pm On May 15, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

I don't have any issue with RCCG, I only detest people making false claims. The RCCG is growing but it is not the fastest growing church in the world. I Hope you know even amongst the Pentecostal denominations the assemblies of God is larger than the RCCG?
You just mentioned my former church Bro you wrong assemblies of God don't even have presence of church like winners talk less of bigger Rccg .If you have worshipped in rccg in central London,Sweden Canada and some states in USA you will know why BBC brought down their official team to do some recording.
AG crises affected à lot.God bless Bro the body of Christ is Same one love.bye
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by oyeludef(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

RCCG is not the fastest growing church in the world and BBC will not be stupid to tag them as such. BTW how exactly do you people claim RCCG is the fastest growing church in the world? Is it in terms of percentage or absolute numbers? Because I know the Roman Catholic Church is the fastest growing church in terms of absolute numbers
catholic church is living on past glory. Put the protestants as one, can u compare their number with urs? How many ppl around you do u know of who recently left their religion to become catholics?
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 10:05pm On May 15, 2018
Tundeobama:

You just mentioned my former church Bro you wrong assemblies of God don't even have presence of church like winners talk less of bigger Rccg .If you have worshipped in rccg in central London,Sweden Canada and some states in USA you will know why BBC brought down their official team to do some recording.
AG crises affected à lot.God bless Bro the body of Christ is Same one love.bye
Are you for real? AG? AG is the largest Pentecostal church in the world and more than 5 Times the population of the RCCG

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblies_of_God
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 10:08pm On May 15, 2018
oyeludef:
catholic church is living on past glory. Put the protestants as one, can u compare their number with urs? How many ppl around you do u know of who recently left their religion to become catholics?
Bros the Catholic Church is still over 50% of the world Christian population.Together with the orthodox church it is almost 70% of the global Christian population
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by oyeludef(m): 10:20pm On May 15, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Bros the Catholic Church is still over 50% of the world Christian population.Together with the orthodox church it is almost 70% of the global Christian population
the Catholic Church is separate from the protestant churches, why bring them together? Why bring people who are not subject to the pope under same roof as catholic. Ur assertion dat catholic is 50% of Christian population needs to be backed with data, secondly, do u realize dat for hundreds of years it was only the Catholic Church existing? How come they have now dropped from 100% to 50% as asserted by you? Is that progress or retrogression?
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by crafteck(m): 10:30pm On May 15, 2018
The most fastest growing wat?
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 10:31pm On May 15, 2018
oyeludef:
the Catholic Church is separate from the protestant churches, why bring them together? Why bring people who are not subject to the pope under same roof as catholic. Ur assertion dat catholic is 50% of Christian population needs to be backed with data, secondly, do u realize dat for hundreds of years it was only the Catholic Church existing? How come they have now dropped from 100% to 50% as asserted by you? Is that progress or retrogression?
How exactly did I bring Catholics together with protestants? I don't understand you bro. Go and study church history, there was never any time the Catholic Church was the only Christian congregation in the world. Right from the first century we have had the others Marcionists,Arians,nicolaitans etc . Kindly study. As for your data see it below

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Image123(m): 10:40pm On May 15, 2018
Goodness4525:
The most annoying pat of all this matter is that,there is nothing like religion or denomination in heaven All this religious issue are just man made inventory to control the mind of people of a given cultural background

It irritates me when some Christians religious bigot will utter crap like being Christians is the only means to access heaven. ,,,,, pls, God knows no shit about ur religious diversity,,, only interested in ur moral, so Isomeone should tell those religious fanatics out there to reason logically and not ignorantly

This is ignorance, only Jesus Christ can save. No other way, sorry. Be safe.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 15, 2018
Tundeobama:

RCCG was founded in 1952 by Rev. Josiah
Olufemi Akindayomi (1909–1980) after he had
been involved in a number of other
churches. [3][4] Rev. Akindayomi chose Enoch
Adeboye as the next General overseer. Enoch
Adeboye was a lecturer in mathematics at the
University of Lagos,
Rccg has the highest numbers of convert from Muslim to Christian especially Nigeria and Pakistan in Nigeria rccg has more than 200pastors who are convert we can't give figures for members but you know for pastor convert to have this figure hundred of thousands have being converted.

Lmao, I u like tell me that rccg was founded in 1622, it means nothing grin.

Rccg is only Interested in grabbing Christians from other churches to start their own churches, That's what Nigerian Christianity is all about.

""Rccg has the highest numbers of convert from Muslim to Christian especially Nigeria and Pakistan""

I can see that ur the PRO Muslim conversion rate association of Nigeria grin.....Nkakwu tabiri gi amu dere grin.

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by wman(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2018
If only you guys knew how BBC will turn this thing to a cynical documentary, you won't be celebrating like this.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by seun10k5k(m): 10:58pm On May 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

who dash mokey banana? Fastest growing indeed!!
May you remain an animal forever
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Omooba77: 10:58pm On May 15, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

I Corinthias 7:17-20, we are not doing competition; all is to God's Glory. No church in Heaven; only Saints
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 12:26am On May 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
There is no country that has an RCCG parish that did not have a catholic church there before them so your point is meaningless.RCCG is not even the largest Christian church in Nigeria

He said FASTEST GROWING church not largest church. Catholic Church is almost not growing again. Anglican Church is dwindling. RCCG is the hope of Christianity in Europe esp in the UK.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by winner01(m): 12:28am On May 16, 2018
Nawa o, all these deluded white men have come again, from their backward country all in the name of religion.

Where is that dalaman, HopefulLandlord, cutemadridsta, superhumanist etc, oya coman masturbate on this one grin
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 12:31am On May 16, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

There is a difference between fastest growing and largest. Remember that in 2014, Nigeria's economy was projected to be one of the fastest growing.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 2:23am On May 16, 2018
Kennydoc:

He said FASTEST GROWING church not largest church. Catholic Church is almost not growing again. Anglican Church is dwindling. RCCG is the hope of Christianity in Europe esp in the UK.
RCCG the hope of Christianity in Europe? You people will have to tell me that sort of goof you have been smoking. Pentecostalism is hardly existent in Europe let alone one unknown RCCG. Even amongst the Pentecostal churches in Europe what proportion even attends the RCCG.How many members does the RCCG have in Europe compared to the European population? You are not even up to 0.001 % of the European population

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 2:24am On May 16, 2018
Kennydoc:

There is a difference between fastest growing and largest. Remember that in 2014, Nigeria's economy was projected to be one of the fastest growing.
of course I know the difference and even at that the RCCG is still not even close to the fastest growing church in the world.By percentage Is definitely not RCCG. and in terms of absolute numbers it is still the Catholic Church

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 2:26am On May 16, 2018
Omooba77:

I Corinthias 7:17-20, we are not doing competition; all is to God's Glory. No church in Heaven; only Saints

How does making a false claim relate to this? Where exactly did BBC claim RCCG is the fastest growing church in the world? You lied and you know it
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Nobody: 2:27am On May 16, 2018
SBG04:
In a country with;
-Abysmal infant mortality rate
- More than 70% people living on less than a dollar.
- Kidney disease epidemic
-Thousands of children on the waiting list for heart transplant
abroad.
-One of the highest rates of non-conflict emigration in the world.
-One of the last places on earth where Polio and Lassa Fever are endemic
-Highest population of Internally displaced people in the world
-Second highest population of people living with hiv in the world
-Top 10 highest concentration of poorest people in the world
In a country with all these stats (and even more gruesome ones), we celebrate Daddy G.O, the popular tithe collector who is expanding his business at such a rate that the world has been forced to take note. Nigerians are generous givers. But not givers to societal causes like preventing Hiv Aids and malaria, or to internally displaced people, or VVF prevention, Heck no! That's for the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, or the Rockerfella foundation, or the United Nations and world bank. Nigerians give money to Adeboye and Oyedepo for the expansion of their churches. So more branches can be opened nationwide. So more Private Jets can be acquired and more tithes collected.
The BBC is just here to poke fun at the very interesting and ironic contrasts that shape daily life in Nigeria.
When next you bring out this kind of list you should include figures and statistics region by region. The last time Buhari called Nigerian youths lazy we never knew he was referring to youth from his region, the other time they pushed out figure about drug crisis not knowing that 70% of those is from one region...so please when next you post this kind data include zones and states...you can't be blaming church ⛪, Adeboye, Oyedepo, Okonkwo and co for the short coming of people in Zamfara abeg
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Nobody: 2:35am On May 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Lmao, I u like tell me that rccg was founded in 1622, it means nothing grin.

Rccg is only Interested in grabbing Christians from other churches to start their own churches, That's what Nigerian Christianity is all about.

""Rccg has the highest numbers of convert from Muslim to Christian especially Nigeria and Pakistan""

I can see that ur the PRO Muslim conversion rate association of Nigeria grin.....Nkakwu tabiri gi amu dere grin.
you failed to mention that RCCG is actually making church more appealing to a lot of other denominations you mentioned that attend church service once in a quarter...infact some only answer Anglican because they were born there, they never attended any church in their formative years, some of them are now devoted redeemed workers in their late 40s. What about those that refuse to follow their parents to church back in their villages, that are now redeemed pastors in the city...Had Church of England had a church like redeemed their cathedrals in Birmingham UK wouldn't be occupied by Moslems as it is now
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 2:53am On May 16, 2018
transformed:
you failed to mention that RCCG is actually making church more appealing to a lot of other denominations you mentioned that attend church service once in a quarter...infact some only answer Anglican because they were born there, they never attended any church in their formative years, some of them are now devoted redeemed workers in their late 40s. What about those that refuse to follow their parents to church back in their villages, that are now redeemed pastors in the city...Had Church of England had a church like redeemed their cathedrals in Birmingham UK wouldn't be occupied by Moslems as it is now
Is RCCG even amongst the top 20 Pentecostal churches in the Europe ? That is exactly the question you people should be asking. I wonder where you people get the overbloated impression of your church.Penrecostalism as a whole still has an insignificant population in Europe let alone an obscure RCCG mainly attended by Nigerian immigrants
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Shakitibob0: 3:33am On May 16, 2018
daveP:
Shame on all of you above arguing for parish size or catholic masses et al.

Who that one epp abeg?

Program attendance, ritual attendance etc... How does that all equate to the spreading of the gospel?

How many are getting saved per day? Does the Rccg convert 1000souls/day as big as it is?

Who all this one epp abeg....?

Spread the gospel and not statistics. Perhaps we should all be concentrating on not just the stats of newly converted ones, but also those qualified for God's incoming kingdom.

o MA se o.

Thank you my brother
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Omooba77: 6:29am On May 16, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

How does making a false claim relate to this? Where exactly did BBC claim RCCG is the fastest growing church in the world? You lied and you know it

Thank you sir, God bless you
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Goodness4525: 7:47am On May 16, 2018
Image123:

One of them spotted grin
Image123:

One of them spotted
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by ASSUREDGATE: 8:12am On May 16, 2018
And where does all this as a nation has taken us
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by veritas2001: 8:13am On May 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

who dash mokey banana? Fastest growing indeed!!

Some people just like making thoughtless comments
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by rhektor(m): 8:37am On May 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Oga am not talking about magic or miracle.

Why hasn't Adeboye healed that cripple man
Adeboye has never claimed that he is a healer, I wonder why you are this way

What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63