Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,440 members, 7,801,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft (1113 Views)

My Colleague's Hook Up Experience / I Am In Love With My Colleague / Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Chopwater: 6:02pm On May 15, 2018
A colleague at my work place, came to work dis morning. He Was lamenting on how some one withdrew 250,000 naira 4rm his account using his Atm card Last Night. Hearing What he said, i was forced to asked him hw come. He told us dat, last night he went to withdraw money from the atm bt unfortunately there was no network service at dat time so he decided to wait around 4 a while if there wil b a service. while waiting he was also trying using his card with d machine,bt he never knew d guy dat stood near him was watching.He said d guy collectd his card 4rm him, thinking may be d guy wanted to help him out nt knowing d guy has a plan of exchanging his card wit him.At First, He didn't take note nt until he got home. He said, it was around 10pm d guy started withdrawing his money nd he was recieving debit alert 4rm his bank. I Just Pity His Condition. D money dat he has been saving God Knws Wen,some1 just used an hour 2 Wiped his savings. To all U supportng yahoo boys it wil never b well wit u Guys.

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by emeijeh(m): 6:03pm On May 15, 2018
This story of card swap has been on for over 4 years.

Your friend no try, and your last statement was so unnecessary
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 15, 2018
Your friend just come lagos abi?
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by tommy159(m): 6:05pm On May 15, 2018
I really feel sad for your colleague, but why him dull like this.. This is some old trick na. You SHOULD NOT give a stranger your ATM in any condition, unless you have a gun pointed at u.

Anyways FREE mini importation training holds this Friday.. You will learn how to import items with less than 1k and sell for as much as 10k. Check my signature
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by madridguy(m): 6:10pm On May 15, 2018
Sorry to say, your friend is a mutula.

God will console him.
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by tutaboi(m): 6:10pm On May 15, 2018
I tot max withdrawal is below 250k shocked
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Chopwater: 6:16pm On May 15, 2018
tutaboi:
I tot max withdrawal is below 250k shocked
The Guy Withdrew some last night nd early dis morning
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Chopwater: 6:22pm On May 15, 2018
madridguy:
Sorry to say, your friend is a mutula.

God will console him.
I Knw D Guy loose guard big time bt it is nt easy especially when it involves dat kind of money couple wit d peanut u get as salary mehn na die. just kuku kill me
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by gonkin(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2018
Does anyone know how to get default pin for sim card i wanna set pin for my sim. So incase my phone should be stolen i wouldn't panic. Although i have 2 sims for my phone, 1 will be open if the phone is recovered by a good person cuz its not linked to any account. I have never come across sim lock on Android phones before

For the record i really dont know where my sim certificate is, its somewhere in the house
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by 0ubenji(m): 7:22pm On May 15, 2018
Chopwater:
A colleague at my work place, came to work dis morning. He Was lamenting on how some one withdrew 250,000 naira 4rm his account using his Atm card Last Night. Hearing What he said, i was forced to asked him hw come. He told us dat, last night he went to withdraw money from the atm bt unfortunately there was no network service at dat time so he decided to wait around 4 a while if there wil b a service. while waiting he was also trying using his card with d machine,bt he never knew d guy dat stood near him was watching.He said d guy collectd his card 4rm him, thinking may be d guy wanted to help him out nt knowing d guy has a plan of exchanging his card wit him.At First, He didn't take note nt until he got home. He said, it was around 10pm d guy started withdrawing his money nd he was recieving debit alert 4rm his bank. I Just Pity His Condition. D money dat he has been saving God Knws Wen,some1 just used an hour 2 Wiped his savings. To all U supportng yahoo boys it wil never b well wit u Guys.
izzit it really possible to withdraw 250k via atm within a 24hr timeline in Nigeria?
Thought it was 160k max
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by 0ubenji(m): 7:24pm On May 15, 2018
gonkin:
Does anyone know how to get default pin for sim card i wanna set pin for my sim. So incase my phone should be stolen i wouldn't panic. Although i have 2 sims for my phone, 1 will be open if the phone is recovered by a good person cuz its not linked to any account. I have never come across sim lock on Android phones before

For the record i really dont know where my sim certificate is, its somewhere in the house
just attempt to use wrong sim code 3x and your line will be locked.. then call customer care to reopen it for u..you'll be asked some personal questions as per verification tho, thereafter you'll be issued the default pin and u can go ahead to change it
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 15, 2018
Why would your Friend give a stranger his ATM card? Who gave the fool his pin? Maybe he was jazzed.
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by gonkin(m): 7:37pm On May 15, 2018
0ubenji:
just attempt to use wrong sim code 3x and your line will be locked.. then call customer care to reopen it for u..you'll be asked some personal questions as per verification tho, thereafter you'll be issued the default pin and u can go ahead to change it

Thanks but its my main phone number. You know its risky to internationally use wrong pin. Unless u want me to go for sim retrieval that comes with a new sim certificate. Thanks anyways
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by SoapQueen(f): 7:39pm On May 15, 2018
What is the daily limit for withdrawal?
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Sunkyphil(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2018
Ur friend na jjc?
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 15, 2018
it shall never be well with all these Yahoo Yahoo boys.sorry to your friend
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Headlesschicken(m): 8:45pm On May 15, 2018
I believe that d daily withdrawal limit with the atm is 150k unless if it was done wiv POS or if it was transferred buh either way it can still be tracked...
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Chopwater: 9:33pm On May 15, 2018
Headlesschicken:
I believe that d daily withdrawal limit with the atm is 150k unless if it was done wiv POS or if it was transferred buh either way it can still be tracked...
Well i was thinking d same too bt he showed d transactions. i think d guy didn't withdraw at once, nd he used different atm machines. D guy withdrew to d limit dat night nd continued d following morning. My Colleague reported to his bank hoping to get positive answer 4rm them. D bank told him dat there is nothing they can do.
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by 0ubenji(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2018
gonkin:

Thanks but its my main phone number. You know its risky to internationally use wrong pin. Unless u want me to go for sim retrieval that comes with a new sim certificate. Thanks anyways
there will be no issue...i do that...and it works..on my most important sim cards...c.care will give it to u provided u answer all questions correctly..
i got to know this method when a friend was tryna do stuffs with my line without my notice and got d sim locked..i called C.care and all was settled without stress
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by Barzinime(m): 11:10am On May 16, 2018
Nonsense.....Yes to all those that suppose yahoo boys , it will not be well with you all undecided
emeijeh:
This story of card swap has been on for over 4 years.

Your friend no try, and your last statement was so unnecessary
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by coolh3ad(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2018
Chopwater:

Wetin concern Yahoo with Wetin do your friend??
Re: My Colleague Has Become A Victim To Atm Card Theft by coolh3ad(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2018
jessca048:
it shall never be well with all these Yahoo Yahoo boys.sorry to your friend

I am asking you again. Na yahoo boy collect the guy ATM card? . Wetin concern yahoo with Wetin happen?

(1) (Reply)

I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User / Should She Leave Him? / What The Most Memorable Thing U Have Done For A Stranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.