Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,962 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:25 AM

Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival (22907 Views)

Bimbo Afolayan And Her Husband, Okiki Celebrate 2nd Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Okiki Afolayan And Abimbola, His Wife To Be Pre-Wedding Photos / Gabriel Afolayan And His Wife Smoke Shisha Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival by kolawoleibukun1: 4:25pm On May 16, 2018
they should be somewhere in their villages. did they start in Cannes? when they started their movies na cannes give them the stardom and support today? cannes no even send dem. if they choose cannes they should stay there and not return to naija. ediorts will make money in nigeria and go throway am for yonder.
labanj1:

Wetin happen na? Nigerian movies have premiered there in the past. There are also a number of African movies set to premiere, one of which is "Rafiki". Where do you want film makers to be if not these kind of events.
Re: Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival by labanj1(m): 4:45pm On May 16, 2018
kolawoleibukun1:
they should be somewhere in their villages. did they start in Cannes? when they started their movies na cannes give them the stardom and support today? cannes no even send dem. if they choose cannes they should stay there and not return to naija. ediorts will make money in nigeria and go throway am for yonder.
You dey reason like this onto say you no be filmmaker. Which money dem go dey troway? These guys network and meet with other people outside Nigeria and Africa. You think say na beans. Why do you think Kunle Afolayan is the best right now in film making. His budget for October 1st movie was 2 million dollars. So many people are following in his footsteps.
Re: Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival by kolawoleibukun1: 4:58pm On May 16, 2018
where does he finally sell the products? in cannes? Are you serious?
My guy Nigerian films did not and do not need cannes. all we need is patriotic nigerians who believe in the nigerian market. cannes need nigeria more than we need cannes. nigerian artist sold millions and made millions in nigeria. our population gives us the edge like china. 2 million dollars on a film budget is an insult to hollywood to begin with. how much did davido buy his private jet?
how much did Linda ikeji buy her banana island mansion?
how much is a plot of land sold in ikoyi or in abuja?
you day call the 2million e day sound like ocean for ur ear becos u do not know what you have. 2 million dollars is what it costs zenith bank to advertize their bank on cnn for a very short period of time. a seller of bush meat has no business in shoprite. there is a reason for staying by the road or at a corner.
nigeria never reach to go cannes. look within and develop. wole soyinka won noble prize he did not go to cannes. fela is celebrated by westerners he did not go there.
things fall apart is appreciated abroad, the writer did not go to cannes. the stupeed film maker did not go to cannes. check the quality of his production is not the standard you sell in cannes. he should rub his nose on the nigerian floor and try to create the mega-buster not going to cannes to take pictures. where is the film academy in nigeria? why cant cannes come to us? why must we always go to them?

wakanda went to china and japan. why cant wakanda stars come to nigeria? becos they meet us in cannes. simple.

do not celebrate people selling u out. develop your self and the best will look for you even if na shithole you day.

babalawo street no get address but people no day miss the road.
better herbalist no get guarantee, advert or prescription but people day find dem go inside forest.
i day here I day tell u how people view us. no dot think that u will be celebrated by going to them. you mean nothing to anyone. let them come to us. the respect is more.
labanj1:

You dey reason like this onto say you no be filmmaker. Which money dem go dey troway? These guys network and meet with other people outside Nigeria and Africa. You think say na beans. Why do you think Kunle Afolayan is the best right now in film making. His budget for October 1st movie was 2 million dollars. So many people are following in his footsteps.
Re: Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival by labanj1(m): 5:25pm On May 16, 2018
kolawoleibukun1:
where does he finally sell the products? in cannes? Are you serious?
My guy Nigerian films did not and do not need cannes. all we need is patriotic nigerians who believe in the nigerian market. cannes need nigeria more than we need cannes. nigerian artist sold millions and made millions in nigeria. our population gives us the edge like china. 2 million dollars on a film budget is an insult to hollywood to begin with. how much did davido buy his private jet?
how much did Linda ikeji buy her banana island mansion?
how much is a plot of land sold in ikoyi or in abuja?
you day call the 2million e day sound like ocean for ur ear becos u do not know what you have. 2 million dollars is what it costs zenith bank to advertize their bank on cnn for a very short period of time. a seller of bush meat has no business in shoprite. there is a reason for staying by the road or at a corner.
nigeria never reach to go cannes. look within and develop. wole soyinka won noble prize he did not go to cannes. fela is celebrated by westerners he did not go there.
things fall apart is appreciated abroad, the writer did not go to cannes. the stupeed film maker did not go to cannes. check the quality of his production is not the standard you sell in cannes. he should rub his nose on the nigerian floor and try to create the mega-buster not going to cannes to take pictures. where is the film academy in nigeria? why cant cannes come to us? why must we always go to them?

wakanda went to china and japan. why cant wakanda stars come to nigeria? becos they meet us in cannes. simple.

do not celebrate people selling u out. develop your self and the best will look for you even if na shithole you day.

babalawo street no get address but people no day miss the road.
better herbalist no get guarantee, advert or prescription but people day find dem go inside forest.
i day here I day tell u how people view us. no dot think that u will be celebrated by going to them. you mean nothing to anyone. let them come to us. the respect is more.
Oga I no even understand wetin you dey talk? It is a film festival held in France, is France Hollywood Headquarters? ( You mentioning him going to sell his movies in Cannes shows you don't understand anything concerning film making and production and the idea of Film festivals. There are film festivals in Africa too). Going to cannes, doesn't mean we want them to celebrate us. Hollywood movies and actors are also there. Is Nobel prize a Nigerian award? or do you think if the writers do not meet a particular standard, they would have won it?
Do you know how many tours and performances Fela had in the USA and Europe? Hope you know he attended Trinity College of Music in London.
Nollywood is known for its low budget movies and low quality. These film makers are trying to improve the quality of their movies which is why the budget for these movies will go higher ( I quoted that amount because it is higher than than the average Nollywood movie budget). You will only be celebrated when you produce quality movies. If you don't understand what I just wrote, then I rest my case.
Re: Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:38pm On May 16, 2018
Lorechino:
Akon you remain a Legend , and the for the person asking what happened to Akon in the music industry, hope say u no d use buhari brain? you should have also ask what happened to Kalu Nwankwo, Jay Jay Okocha in football.
The konvicts hail u. Gbasibe

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival by kolawoleibukun1: 7:09pm On May 16, 2018
If you watch some old nigerian movie you go see me inside oh oga. If i show u my catalogue u go fear who u and am day talk. all the old veteran producers e no get the one way i no no.
if you think that you know more than me in AGN then you need to think again. My guy, people do not go to cannes to boost the standard of their production. cannes is not an educational centre. cannes is a festival for showcasing a few finished products that meet standards. movies are premiered in cannes and people walk the red carpet.
did this man walk the red carpet, no! was his production selected? no! was his movie premiered? no! so what is the use of going to cannes? to build connection and to add up to the number of audience and spectators. if he is actually interested in improving the standard of his movies or build connection, his picture with Akon should not be the one displayed here. you would have seen him having a close conversation with a CEO, a top producer, an award winning producer or actor etc. Akon is a hip hip artist and not even close to cannes material. for his to have spent his time in cannes with Akon means he went there to waste his time as usual.

i no be olodo for this game oga. in fact you are talking to someone who has been to countless events home and abroad. i know how this thing works. our producers count on the nigerian or african feeders for success. no one is buying our materials out there on the big, i mean big screen. why do you think our actors are unable to break into hollywood? they and the producers are substandard, the only edge that these men have is the size of nigerian population. they are lucky that nigerians are interested in nigerian entertainment.

forget these guys. We are not going anywhere with these their nonsense pictures and adventure. He should fck off. I am not giving any sheet to these guys. I am not naive, oga. i refuse to celebrate mediocrity.
are really lazy and not daring at all. i see nothing stopping this man from

labanj1:

Oga I no even understand wetin you dey talk? It is a film festival held in France, is France Hollywood Headquarters? ( You mentioning him going to sell his movies in Cannes shows you don't understand anything concerning film making and production and the idea of Film festivals. There are film festivals in Africa too). Going to cannes, doesn't mean we want them to celebrate us. Hollywood movies and actors are also there. Is Nobel prize a Nigerian award? or do you think if the writers do not meet a particular standard, they would have won it?
Do you know how many tours and performances Fela had in the USA and Europe? Hope you know he attended Trinity College of Music in London.
Nollywood is known for its low budget movies and low quality. These film makers are trying to improve the quality of their movies which is why the budget for these movies will go higher ( I quoted that amount because it is higher than than the average Nollywood movie budget). You will only be celebrated when you produce quality movies. If you don't understand what I just wrote, then I rest my case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rema Reconciles With Dj Neptune / E-Money Pictured With Ifeanyi Ubah / Churchill Signs Super Falcon Players As Foundation Ambassadors, Gets Nice Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.