Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? (4267 Views)

Who Started This Trend In Naija? / Will Crop Tops Become A Street Fashion Trend In Nigeria??? / Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by Musmus(f): 7:08am On Mar 18, 2007
Hi all, I am relocating to nigeria from Canada and will be working in a management position on the island. I know we are a bit backward here in Canada when it comes to fashion. Any ideas or heads up on the fashion trend in the corporate world in Lagos? I will really appreciate some feedback.
Thanks a lot.
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by akara(m): 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2007
grin

u male or female, Coporate outfits are same all over. Except where the company or job description demands´different.

grin
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by ikefor(m): 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2007
If you are going to be working in the banking sector,
then you gotta get really formal; if you are a man, Nice dark well suited Jacket or suit. Well laid shirts and tie with great cuff links will do. Nigerian top bankers take pride in how they appear because they believe that it goes with the whole corporate image thingy that if your are dressed smart then your are successful.

If you are a lady then you need to get all the formal not to revealing suit or just a nice corporate shirt and trousers will do. Nice flat shoes or not too high heels, mid heel shoes, sandals, adjustable straps.

If you going to be working in telecoms or the oil sector, then welcome to the fun baby; we have a very relaxed and casual derigue; u can wear jeans and t shirt, denims, causal, addidas,reebok or converse. u can dress like u basically want; but just keep your head and not show up in the office looking like you are coming from a night club. Anything that makes you feel gooood sha!!!

Best of luck in your new job!
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by justin04(m): 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2007
you can rock Danshiki and timberland boots to work. Just joking
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by Musmus(f): 2:49am On Mar 19, 2007
Sorry, didnt realise my profile does not show i'm female. Thanks Ikefor for the heads up.

justin04:

you can rock Danshiki and timberland boots to work. Just joking

That was funny!
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by angel101(f): 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2007
like someone else already said, if u will be working in a bank, u will need to wear suits monday to thursday and dress down on fridays. i will however suggest that u wear camisoles in ur suits more than anything else because of the weather. and get nice things o! cos nigerian girls are on top of their game, lol
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by Musmus(f): 5:03am On Mar 21, 2007
Thanks Angel101. So i heard o. As a matter of fact, some people suggested i should do my shopping in the UK or even in Lagos. Are you based in London? Do you have any suggestions where to shop in London? I plan to stop over briefly to do some shopping. I will appreciate any ideas, THANKS!
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by angel101(f): 10:39am On Mar 22, 2007
yes i am in london. i wouldnt advise u to do ur shopping in lagos as everything is at least twice the price there. but yes u can do ur shopping in london. u can shop practically anywhere. there are some deals on shirts now. i will pm u to give u some tips. i sell stuff in lagos as well so i wont want to put my trade secrets here lol grin
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by mekistein(m): 11:12am On Mar 22, 2007
fashion is same, sha dnt where mini's, u dnt wnt ur boss hitting ur ass, grin
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by marianna: 11:31am On Mar 22, 2007
hi, i personally think apart from the clothes, u culd also try using lovely accessories. there are a whole lot of them around now eg beads,pearls e.t.c. u culd combine the right colours with your wardrobe to giv u a smashing look. hav fun wink
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2007
It's Still the same Everywhere
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by egetz(m): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2007
why don"t you just shop around canada for some nice ADIRE and ANKARA? they are corporately in vogue here. ask okonjo iweala.
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by fromuk(m): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2007
thinking of shoping in london be prepared to cuff out CAD$170-190 for a shirt in TMlewin shops if u really need a good and quality corporate wear.unless there are deals going bt not now
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by bunmii(f): 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2007
u don't have to shop at Tm lewin  to get good and corporate wear u could get nice shirt for £90 or less at marks and spencer and i think they are on sales at tm lewin, i just checked their website they are doin some great deals now
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by manntee(m): 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2007
how about i show you around lagos when you get in. grin, just holla me
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by choco4life(m): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2007
iro and buba wud do. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by Iyarisi: 12:38pm On Mar 29, 2007
everybody wears tm lewin. Go for a classier look. Try P&H shirts - Prowse & Hargood. Their shirts and ties are very good quality and style. http://www.prowseandhargood.com
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by MAYORIN1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2007
Over here in Nigeria, Your dressing speaks for you. Infact people get to know who you by your appearance.

So i will advise you study your environment first, so as to know what is in vogue. Try as much as possible to keep a balance point - I mean moderation.

And for your shopping do it in Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by Elpee(f): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2007
egetz:

why don"t you just shop around canada for some nice ADIRE and ANKARA? they are corporately in vogue here. ask okonjo iweala.

Canada is the driest place for shoppin naija, U arrange ur thing in naija and send it over and d ones u find are sooo expensive all dat crap tax and alll, went for a naija skool fundraiser and saw some good stuff. Deres a site on d net bout a naija woman who sells clothes in London, Ontario
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by Musmus(f): 4:25am On Apr 03, 2007
Thank you all for the feedback.

Manntee, I'll take take u up on the offer,  wink
Re: What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? by manntee(m): 4:19am On Apr 21, 2007
manntee@yahoo.com.
will be waiting grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me, No Body Has Ever Seen D Color Of My Back & Tummy For Up To 3yrs Now / Buy Nursing Uniforms From Top Manufacturers In Australia / Call For A Professional Tiler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.