Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni (2049 Views)

Photos Of Buhari Campaigning For Fayemi At Apc Mega Rally In Ekiti / Bola Tinubu Storms Ekiti To Campaign For Fayemi (photos) / Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by 14Ebisco: 7:26am On May 16, 2018
Former Governor of Ekiti State, Segun Oni, has explained why he may abandon the All Progressives Congress (APC) despite declaring support for the winner of the Ekiti APC Gubernatorial Primary, Dr Kayode Fayemi, on Saturday.

Recall that Fayemi had won 941 votes to Oni’s 481 to emerge the party’s candidate in the July 2018 governorship race in the state.

But Oni said he has heard reports of attacks on his political supporters and threats of further attacks on them should Fayemi emerge governor.

He said this may make him dump the APC, while insisting that the welfare of his supporters remain paramount in his heart.

Oni, a Deputy National Chairman of APC, said, “Our people must learn a new lesson that when you enjoy goodwill, and you lose a primary, the next thing is for you to move to another party, thinking that you will win,”

“We are approaching a windstorm, which is the election and I believe we need to take caution on both sides. As much as we are ready to work with the winner, they too must be receptive and be trusting.

“We are not scavenging, neither are we scavengers. We have been receiving pressures from different parties that we should come for their tickets, but we said no because we want this to be an example and become a new thinking that when you lose the primary, you must stay in your party even when you are popular.

“But if they continue to harass my supporters, I may quit the party, because I have responsibility not only to protect them but ensure that they are not taken for a ride.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/why-i-may-dump-apc-after-declaring.html

Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by ambrosini593(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2018
politician

Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:37am On May 16, 2018
APC vs APC grin

Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by Paperwhite(m): 7:39am On May 16, 2018
This is just an indirect way to say he will soon defect as the insatiable political prostitute that he is.Bunch of fucktards. angry
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by ebuk4real(m): 7:52am On May 16, 2018
I will keep saying it: The thunder of confusion that will strike this APC is still gathering momentum........

2019 version will be explosive...
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by Nobody: 8:01am On May 16, 2018
APC must fall!
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by yemmight(m): 8:10am On May 16, 2018
Segun Oni does not have weight in Ekiti politics. He lost last governorship election in his ward.
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by ybalogs(m): 10:36am On May 16, 2018
What's with election of thuggery associated witg Ekiti these days? It's really true a community is always a reflection of it's leaders.
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by icon02(m): 11:01am On May 16, 2018
yemmight:
Segun Oni does not have weight in Ekiti politics. He lost last governorship election in his ward.

This shows how little you know about Ekiti politics
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by oshe11: 6:01pm On May 16, 2018
He should be happy he wouldnt waste his Money on a election that already has a WINNER
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by Omeokachie: 6:16pm On May 16, 2018
Change chanters keep deceiving themselves
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by Firefire(m): 6:16pm On May 16, 2018
Demonic party of fools.
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by Ahmed0336(m): 8:23pm On May 16, 2018
oshe11:
He should be happy he wouldnt waste his Money on a election that already has a WINNER
And who is the winner? undecided
Re: Why I May Dump APC After Declaring Support For Fayemi – Segun Oni by oshe11: 8:29pm On May 16, 2018
Ahmed0336:
And who is the winner? undecided
Ask Googleundecided

(1) (Reply)

Man Picked Up By Helicopter After Being Stuck In Lagos/benin Expressway Traffic / Travel On Aba Roads Should Be Included Amoung Punishment For Offenders. / Only Uneducated People Still Use The Word "Landlocked"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.