Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,492 members, 7,898,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor (15909 Views)

Youngest Monarch/king On Earth Till Today; Dein Of Agbor Delta State / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor / Meet The World Youngest King "Dein Of Agbor" And The History Of Agbor Delta Stat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 7:25pm On May 03, 2020
Ghostwon5:

1) These maps are dated, they were drawn by eyewitnesses whom have been dead for hundreds of years.
2) do I really need to get into the inconsistencies of your write-up ?
3)city walls: well Paris also had city walls, so in your logics, Paris was never the capital of France ?
Rome also had city walls...
City walls are a sign of an advanced civilisation. You wouldn't know though.

4) the Greek, ottoman, Roman, persian, Mongol empires each comprises several kingdoms with different cultures and languages
5)you hear the words of zik and then you say it is fairytales, you see maps drawn by eyewitness, you also claim "well na man made", well I can't argue with that, except the man who made it was an eyewitness to the past.

6) you are obviously in denial of a proven fact.

The map you posted is an intellectual embarrassment because nothing on ground supports it. No where in the western Igbo is Bini culure practiced. You didnt rule over anybody but your village. Stop crying already over your dead chiefdom.

French is spoken in both Paris and France and beyond....I havent read about France but I know this much. Now where is Bini culture in western Igbo ? Its non exisen

Bini didnt build walls they dug hole around them...they had no writting script like the Arochukwu and no you are not advanced. You can exaggerate all you want but we will force you in your little place where you and your chiefdom belong.

Greek , Ottman , Mongol etc have remnants of their civilizations...where is yours ? Non existent !

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 03, 2020
IDENNAA:

The map you posted is an intellectual embarrassment because nothing on ground supports it. No where in the western Igbo is Bini culure practiced. You didnt rule over anybody but your village. Stop crying already over your dead chiefdom.

French is spoken in both Paris and France and beyond....I havent read about France but I know this much. Now where is Bini culture in western Igbo ? Its non exisen

Bini didnt build walls they dug hole around them...they had no writting script like the Arochukwu and no you are not advanced. You can exaggerate all you want but we will force you in your little place where you and your chiefdom belong.

Greek , Ottman , Mongol etc have remnants of their civilizations...where is yours ? Non existent !

You are hallucinating, the answer to your comment is contained on the comment which you are replying:

Ghostwon5:

1) These maps are dated, they were drawn by eyewitnesses whom have been dead for hundreds of years.
2) do I really need to get into the inconsistencies of your write-up ?
3)city walls: well Paris also had city walls, so in your logics, Paris was never the capital of France ?
Rome also had city walls...
City walls are a sign of an advanced civilisation. You wouldn't know though.

4) the Greek, ottoman, Roman, persian, Mongol empires each comprises several kingdoms with different cultures and languages
5)you hear the words of zik and then you say it is fairytales, you see maps drawn by eyewitness, you also claim "well na man made", well I can't argue with that, except the man who made it was an eyewitness to the past.

6) you are obviously in denial of a proven fact.

I don't blame you for being redundant, what else can you do when facts don't support your hallucinations.
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 7:48pm On May 03, 2020
IDENNAA:

Bring the researched facts that proved Onicha were once Bini people or you can keep mute. Edo and Delta is a vague representation, be very specific. The same neutral Delta was the origin of the 1966 coupe led by mostly Anioma generals.... grin grin grin grin grin

You little Bini aggressors thought you are wise but we have your brain matters in our palms. You want Anioma ? The same Anioma where your Nigerian soldiers commited genocide ?? We have you on a headlock !

I know many of you guys are so filled with hate to read widely. Tribalism makes it impossible for you to learn about others, You end up insulting and beating your chests.

Our Nigerian soldiers? Well, Igbo invaded Midwest first. Igbo brought the genocide upon Asaba, who out of fear collaborated somewhat with Igbo. Re-enforcing the suspicion that the coup plotters had Igbo support. To take over Nigeria. Perception is a powerful thing. You modern generation are giving the same perception now.

What you forgot is what happened after the coup was noted by Hausa Fulani. Read Shagari's biography.

With the death of Balewa (body not yet found), Zik with his Benin personal physician Dr Idemudia convalescing on a cruise in the Caribbean, Senate leader Dr Nwafor Orizu was acting president. At Dr Orizu's house, some of Balewa's cabinet were meeting with him. Ironsi walked in and went into a private room with Orizu to discuss privately. They emerged only for Ironsi to demand to be allowed to rule and "restore" order or threaten the military would revolt. Shagari and other Northerners took note. Deputy to Balewa called Dipcharima should have become Prime Minister but Orizu missed that chance. It caused a big problem going forward.

So face your history, read widely and control your overt hatred towards every tribe. Even if you want to leave, you still need other people to support it. Benin built an Empire, lost to the British and we're cool. I cannot see how stating history other people have written about themselves makes Benins aggressors.

If Benin is little, quite remarkable that the same Benin is what people know in African history alongside Egypt, Nubia, Ethiopia, Zulus, Mali, Ashanti. To be small and achieve big things is far better than being big and have no history of note. You forget that until recently, Igbo were small autonomous communities. Aro & Ijaw seriously decimated those Igbo communities by selling Igbo slaves. Whereas Benin was wise enough to ban slave trade in the 1600s already.

I have been to many museums around the world and I know what I see.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 7:50pm On May 03, 2020
IDENNAA:

Your brain is very dense , bikonu ! The same ignorant traditional ruler from Isele Ukwu who went to Oba of Bini to embarrass himself and thereby reducing the worth of his throne and his people was also at Obi of Onicha palace during Ofala festival. He believed the lie that his people migrated from Bini and were relatives to Onicha Mmili. However , same Onicha Mmili led by Agbogidi Nnanyelugo Achebe told BBC blatantly that Onicha were Igbos on reverse migration. However, the king w/o self respect is in his twenty while Ogbu Onye Mbosi Ndu na Agunaria is a well educated and traveled man with abundant riches, so who do we believe based on traditional realities.

Ralph Uwechue was the past president of Ohaneze Ndigbo , he is Anioma , Utomi is Anioma , my inlaws are Anioma and you claimed you never saw any Anioma person claim Igbo ? You are sad !

If he was fascinated with Edo culture let them practice Edo culture...stop practicing Igbo culture

Utomi is a typical edo name

I have not seen Anioma claiming igbo neither have they claim edo they are anioma mixture of both.....
Your ego may sink you soon if you always debunk the truth.......

Yes he is fascinated because that was is ancestoral root,

The fact is anioma is mixture of both edo and igbos

Sames the eastern igbo are mixture of igbo and igala

You can quote me without insult dont bring your emotions along while quoting me next time
I wont be replying you any further i will just press the report button
Let's be civil pls

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 9:14pm On May 03, 2020
AreaFada2:

I know many of you guys are so filled with hate to read widely. Tribalism makes it impossible for you to learn about others, You end up insulting and beating your chests.

Our Nigerian soldiers? Well, Igbo invaded Midwest first. Igbo brought the genocide upon Asaba, who out of fear collaborated somewhat with Igbo. Re-enforcing the suspicion that the coup plotters had Igbo support. To take over Nigeria. Perception is a powerful thing. You modern generation are giving the same perception now.

What you forgot is what happened after the coup was noted by Hausa Fulani. Read Shagari's biography.

With the death of Balewa (body not yet found), Zik with his Benin personal physician Dr Idemudia convalescing on a cruise in the Caribbean, Senate leader Dr Nwafor Orizu was acting president. At Dr Orizu's house, some of Balewa's cabinet were meeting with him. Ironsi walked in and went into a private room with Orizu to discuss privately. They emerged only for Ironsi to demand to be allowed to rule and "restore" order or threaten the military would revolt. Shagari and other Northerners took note. Deputy to Balewa called Dipcharima should have become Prime Minister but Orizu missed that chance. It caused a big problem going forward.

So face your history, read widely and control your overt hatred towards every tribe. Even if you want to leave, you still need other people to support it. Benin built an Empire, lost to the British and we're cool. I cannot see how stating history other people have written about themselves makes Benins aggressors.

If Benin is little, quite remarkable that the same Benin is what people know in African history alongside Egypt, Nubia, Ethiopia, Zulus, Mali, Ashanti. To be small and achieve big things is far better than being big and have no history of note. You forget that until recently, Igbo were small autonomous communities. Aro & Ijaw seriously decimated those Igbo communities by selling Igbo slaves. Whereas Benin was wise enough to ban slave trade in the 1600s already.

I have been to many museums around the world and I know what I see.

Oga , I dont need irrelevant Nigerian history from a pathological history revisionist.

The point here is that you wanted to create an Edo and Delta who are against Ndigbo yet the western Igbo who are native to Delta masterminded the 1966 coupe. They were also amongs the Igbos the Sarduana accused of hatching a plan to dominate and control the north. Are you not aware of this ? So, therefore , mind your statement when you cunningly attempt to pit Delta against Igbo...We have indigenous Igbo native to Delta and even Bini and when we are ready every Igboid areas will come back to the Igbo fold including the Igbanke who you are oppressing.

You can take Edoid tribes and we dont care! But , you cant withstand the domineering force of the Igbo nation. You had your opportunity and now Bini is literally dead but we are just starting. Are you ready ?

Revising history or telling blatant lies to sooth your bruised ego doesnt stop Bini from being a chiefdom and having no relics of ancient civilization. You are not Songhai , Malian empire , Ashanti , Nubia nor the Egypt. You are largely inconsequential and you know this. But I careless about what happen in that your fetish dungeon. Western Igbo is a well established Igbo settlement and no they are not mixed with Edo , they are 95% Igbo! If your so called empire was great then we wouldnt be doing this. You can find remnants of Malian empire in todays northern Nigeria but you are non existent in west Igbo. The Igbo culture was apparently superior despite not having a centralized leadership...who God has blessed no man can curse.

Just because you took guns from the Portuguesse and terrorized your neighbor doesnt mean you were brave...otherwise , show me your braveness. Your Oba has the final say in your land but in my land we all have the final say...Igbo enwe eze!

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 9:18pm On May 03, 2020
gregyboy:

I have not seen Anioma claiming igbo neither have they claim edo they are anioma mixture of both.....

You can quote me without insult dont bring your emotions along while quoting me next time
Let's be civil pls

He said he is Igbo. He speaks Igbo , married Igbo wife had Igbo children and dine with us. I will describe your character accordingly; if you behave ffoolishly then you are ffoolish.

Show me traditions that point to Bini roots of Onicha people. I am waiting

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 9:37pm On May 03, 2020
IDENNAA:

He said he is Igbo. He speaks Igbo , married Igbo wife had Igbo children and dine with us. I will describe your character accordingly; if you behave ffoolishly then you are ffoolish.

Show me traditions that point to Bini roots of Onicha people. I am waiting

Which onicha d one in anambra or delta state
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by RedboneSmith(m): 10:09pm On May 03, 2020
gregyboy:

Again Show me any anioma who claim igbo.....

Lol. Are you serious?

There are many people in Aniocha/Oshimili who claim Igbo and claim it very vociferously. This is the axis that produced:

Ambassador Ralph Uwechue - former president-general Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

Achuzia - Former Biafran soldier and Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo Stalwart.

Slyvan Ebigwei

Don Ohadike

Professor Nolue Emenanjo

Professor Onwuejeogwu

Dr Nwankwo Nwaezeigwe

Ndudi Elumelu.

And many more who are proud self-identifying Igbo.

Igbo denial is stronger in Ika and Ukwuani. But even among those groups there are still men and women who identify as Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Probz(m): 10:51pm On May 03, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Lol. Are you serious?

There are many people in Aniocha/Oshimili who claim Igbo and claim it very vociferously. This is the axis that produced:

Ambassador Ralph Uwechue - former president-general Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

Achuzia - Former Biafran soldier and Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo Stalwart.

Slyvan Ebigwei

Don Ohadike

Professor Nolue Emenanjo

Professor Onwuejeogwu

Dr Nwankwo Nwaezeigwe

Ndudi Elumelu.

And many more who are proud self-identifying Igbo.

Igbo denial is stronger in Ika and Ukwuani. But even among those groups there are still men and women who identify as Igbo.

That’s because Enuani people are the only indisputably Igbo clan in Anioma. You have to distinguish between Ika-Ukwuani (‘Bendel’) and Enuani (Igbo proper).

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 12:41am On May 04, 2020
Probz:

That’s because Enuani people are the only indisputably Igbo clan in Anioma. You have to distinguish between Ika-Ukwuani (‘Bendel’) and Enuani (Igbo proper).

No, why dont you try Proudly Igbo Proudly Anioma group on Facebook then come back and talk to us. You think your wish has been fulfilled which was to disintegrate Igbo tribes but sorry it wont work. 90% of Ukwuani towns were founded by south eastern Igbo and western Igbo settlements.....You wicked and hateful Bini will never see success. Your evil wish for us will return to you ten folds

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 2:29am On May 04, 2020
gregyboy:

Let's be civil pls

There is no mixtures in Anioma an acronym of I977 or so.

Stop trying to force your lies on others. Where are the binis from?

They fell from sky to their present location? Very small village with few local government looking at Igbo to drag in mess of history?

Who knows Bini bikonu? Infact this argument is even worthless of it all.

Not only Edo mixture but Yoruba mixture.
People ruled by Yoruba and culturally Yoruba are looking for Igbos to rope.

Abeg Igbos and Bini are different people. if you are looking for cultural and historical links meet Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 3:03am On May 04, 2020
gregyboy:

Let's be civil pls

Dude, forget that guy. You will notice that Edo people like to argue and discuss matters in a mature and civil way. Others throw insults anyhow. Of course after their insults, one is forced to reply at times. But do not do rofo rofo mud fight with them. Their frustration is big.
Because modern Nigeria has brainwashed them and promoted tribalism especially since the civil war, they cannot be objective.

The reason we are so welcoming and civil is that we straddle between East and West. We have been exposed to both sides and it's highly welcoming of all people in Edo. We had Igbo & Yoruba at both ends of the empire.

But it's not same to that level in East and West. But people quote Lagos as tolerant. Lagos had to be. Because it was molded by various influences including Benin.
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Probz(m): 4:11am On May 04, 2020
IDENNAA:

No, why dont you try Proudly Igbo Proudly Anioma group on Facebook then come back and talk to us. You think your wish has been fulfilled which was to disintegrate Igbo tribes but sorry it wont work. 90% of Ukwuani towns were founded by south eastern Igbo and western Igbo settlements.....You wicked and hateful Bini will never see success. Your evil wish for us will return to you ten folds

I’m from Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 5:19am On May 04, 2020
Juliusmalema:

There is no mixtures in Anioma an acronym of I977 or so.

Stop trying to force your lies on others. Where are the binis from?

They fell from sky to their present location? Very small village with few local government looking at Igbo to drag in mess of history?

Who knows Bini bikonu? Infact this argument is even worthless of it all.

Not only Edo mixture but Yoruba mixture.
People ruled by Yoruba and culturally Yoruba are looking for Igbos to rope.

Abeg Igbos and Bini are different people. if you are looking for cultural and historical links meet Yorubas.

The fact that they have many similarities with Yoruba and also the fact that they are relatively very little in numbers point to a more recent origin and the only group we could think of based on traditions are the much larger and influential Yoruba. Think deeply about this, what is the likely number of Bini people in the 1500s ? probably not up to 1000 heads yet they want to rope a very powerful and fearless western Igbo who equally out number them into their depleted camp. These guys have been ignored for too long with their weak revisionists fairy tales and they are beginning to think they have a chance.

And , did you observe how half smart they are; initially , they claimed Anioma was founded by Bini migrants but as we slap and punch them with undeniable facts they are now singing new tunes....oh , Anioma is "mixed" with Igbo and Edo. Heck no, Igala has more stakes in Anioma than the Bini.

This land grabbing started after their new Oba with hot blood was crowned but we will see how the far the pit bull will go with punching his head against a metal wall.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 5:30am On May 04, 2020
AreaFada2:

Dude, forget that guy. You will notice that Edo people like to argue and discuss matters in a mature and civil way. Others throw insults anyhow. Of course after their insults, one is forced to reply at times. But do not do rofo rofo mud fight with them. Their frustration is big.
Because modern Nigeria has brainwashed them and promoted tribalism especially since the civil war, they cannot be objective.

The reason we are so welcoming and civil is that we straddle between East and West. We have been exposed to both sides and it's highly welcoming of all people in Edo. We had Igbo & Yoruba at both ends of the empire.

But it's not same to that level in East and West. But people quote Lagos as tolerant. Lagos had to be. Because it was molded by various influences including Benin.

There is nothing civil about a land grabber...its tantamount to thieving. You want to reap where you didnt plant. Because you figure the Biafran wa had dealt a blow to the Igbo consciousness and suddenly you thought you could sneak in and grab land from a disenfranchised people. You Bini people are the worst.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 7:31am On May 04, 2020
AreaFada2:

Well all are lies.

Empire of 7 local government and one senatorial district.

What happened to other 2 senatorial district in Edo state.

Empire turned to village and circulating lies.

Some logic sound whack to the ear sometimes and these Bini revisionist theory is one.

No wonder Yorubas had to put you guys in your place in another argument and till this day Yorubas are the ones ruling the said Edo because there are strong cultural ties and links.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 7:32am On May 04, 2020
IDENNAA:

There is nothing civil about a land grabber...its tantamount to thieving. You want to reap where you didnt plant. Because you figure the Biafran wa had dealt a blow to the Igbo consciousness and suddenly you thought you could sneak in and grab land from a disenfranchised people. You Bini people are the worst.

I don't know how else to put it but you placed the submission well.
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 7:38am On May 04, 2020
IDENNAA:

Oga , I dont need irrelevant Nigerian history from a pathological history revisionist.

The point here is that you wanted to create an Edo and Delta who are against Ndigbo yet the western Igbo who are native to Delta masterminded the 1966 coupe. They were also amongs the Igbos the Sarduana accused of hatching a plan to dominate and control the north. Are you not aware of this ? So, therefore , mind your statement when you cunningly attempt to pit Delta against Igbo...We have indigenous Igbo native to Delta and even Bini and when we are ready every Igboid areas will come back to the Igbo fold including the Igbanke who you are oppressing.

You can take Edoid tribes and we dont care! But , you cant withstand the domineering force of the Igbo nation. You had your opportunity and now Bini is literally dead but we are just starting. Are you ready ?

Revising history or telling blatant lies to sooth your bruised ego doesnt stop Bini from being a chiefdom and having no relics of ancient civilization. You are not Songhai , Malian empire , Ashanti , Nubia nor the Egypt. You are largely inconsequential and you know this. But I careless about what happen in that your fetish dungeon. Western Igbo is a well established Igbo settlement and no they are not mixed with Edo , they are 95% Igbo! If your so called empire was great then we wouldnt be doing this. You can find remnants of Malian empire in todays northern Nigeria but you are non existent in west Igbo. The Igbo culture was apparently superior despite not having a centralized leadership...who God has blessed no man can curse.

Just because you took guns from the Portuguesse and terrorized your neighbor doesnt mean you were brave...otherwise , show me your braveness. Your Oba has the final say in your land but in my land we all have the final say...Igbo enwe eze!

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 9:24am On May 04, 2020
Juliusmalema:

The young man is a small boy. If Okowa can declare his Igboness even his king of Owa. Who are the others..

Mixture indeed with Igbo names and cultures throughout. Sometimes people should look at how they sound with some argument on a serious note.

What is okowa in igbo
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by samuk: 9:53am On May 04, 2020
Juliusmalema:

The young man is a small boy. If Okowa can declare his Igboness even his king of Owa. Who are the others..

Mixture indeed with Igbo names and cultures throughout. Sometimes people should look at how they sound with some argument on a serious note.

Biafra have been warned to stay out of south south.

Any future Biafra will be confined to the current 5 south eastern states, there is no land to steal in the south south, the owners of the land have spoken.

Delta State Governor, Dr. If­eanyi Okowa who hails from Owa- Oyibu in Ika North-East council area within Anioma land, disowned the purported map, insisting that no part of the state was in Biafra territory ab-initio.

“We have criticized Biafran agita­tion. Anioma land, as it is, from here we are part of old Bendel State, we are part of the Mid-west State, we have not been part of the South-East, so obviously, we cannot be said to be part of them.

“We may speak a similar language but we are not part of the South-East. We were part of the Mid-west which was later Bendel State. We are now Delta State and we are Deltans,” Okowa told journalists in Asaba.

“The governors of Rivers, Cross River and Akwa-Ibom have made pronouncements prohibiting such protests. There are no more demon­strations in Port Harcourt, Calabar and Uyo because the governors are no longer tolerating the agitators.

Ndi Anioma of Nigeria, in a statement jointly signed on behalf of Anioma nation by Lauretta Onochie, Emeka Esogbue, Gloria Adagbon, Emmanuel Nwaokolo, Smart Ajaja, Frank Ofili, Benson Ozour, Harris Pen Ogbolu, Lawrence Egwali, Gregory Ogbolu, Ifeanyi Onwuli and Fidelis Chimokwu, noted that Biafra died permanently in 1970.

“Like most observers who followed the nature of Biafra in 1967, Ndi Anioma is of the view that Biafra died perma­nently in 1970 with the surrender speech made by Philip Effiong in which he emphatically stated: ‘Biafra ceases to exist’, following Col. Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu’s escape to Ivory Coast.

“In spite of this circumstance, a few resentful people of South-East origin are attempting to exploit a non-existent opportunity to make the present democratic dispensation ungovernable.
“But for posterity, Ndi-Anioma must make its position clear thus: Anioma has never been part of Biafra in history or administration. For record purposes, Anioma was first situated in the Western Region, then Midwestern Region, Bendel State, and now Delta State in the South-South. We cannot for any reason afford to be forcefully strong-armed into any region, outside the region within the South-South geographical zone.

“Henceforward, the representation of Anioma in differ­ent maps of Biafra does not and cannot amount to Anioma being part of Biafra. That can only be in the figment of the imagination of desperate irredentist adventurers who cre­atively made such maps to satisfy their thirst for empire-building. They may make Anioma to exist in their maps, but the world must note that it does not have our consent as we reject that tag vehemently.

Besides this stand, is the position of the traditional ruler of Asaba, Asagba (Prof.) Chike Edozien who insists that the unity of Nigeria is no longer negotiable after the frat­ricidal war that claimed several lives including Asaba na­tives.

“What is the greatness of Asaba? The greatness of Asaba is that it the beginning, the centre of a great country that houses more than one-third of black people in the world. So if you divide Nigeria, Asaba will become the centre of part of that great country, you have diminished Asaba, I don’t want Asaba to be diminished.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 04, 2020
gregyboy:

What is okowa in igbo
LMAO
also ask me what Ifeanyi means in Igbo?...Lol

Desperate lots.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 04, 2020
samuk:

Biafra have been warned to stay out of south south.

Any future Biafra will be confined to the current 5 south eastern states, there is no land to steal in the south south, the owners of the land have spoken.

Delta State Governor, Dr. If­eanyi Okowa who hails from Owa- Oyibu in Ika North-East council area within Anioma land, disowned the purported map, insisting that no part of the state was in Biafra territory ab-initio.

“We have criticized Biafran agita­tion. Anioma land, as it is, from here we are part of old Bendel State, we are part of the Mid-west State, we have not been part of the South-East, so obviously, we cannot be said to be part of them.

“We may speak a similar language but we are not part of the South-East. We were part of the Mid-west which was later Bendel State. We are now Delta State and we are Deltans,” Okowa told journalists in Asaba.

“The governors of Rivers, Cross River and Akwa-Ibom have made pronouncements prohibiting such protests. There are no more demon­strations in Port Harcourt, Calabar and Uyo because the governors are no longer tolerating the agitators.

Ndi Anioma of Nigeria, in a statement jointly signed on behalf of Anioma nation by Lauretta Onochie, Emeka Esogbue, Gloria Adagbon, Emmanuel Nwaokolo, Smart Ajaja, Frank Ofili, Benson Ozour, Harris Pen Ogbolu, Lawrence Egwali, Gregory Ogbolu, Ifeanyi Onwuli and Fidelis Chimokwu, noted that Biafra died permanently in 1970.

“Like most observers who followed the nature of Biafra in 1967, Ndi Anioma is of the view that Biafra died perma­nently in 1970 with the surrender speech made by Philip Effiong in which he emphatically stated: ‘Biafra ceases to exist’, following Col. Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu’s escape to Ivory Coast.

“In spite of this circumstance, a few resentful people of South-East origin are attempting to exploit a non-existent opportunity to make the present democratic dispensation ungovernable.
“But for posterity, Ndi-Anioma must make its position clear thus: Anioma has never been part of Biafra in history or administration. For record purposes, Anioma was first situated in the Western Region, then Midwestern Region, Bendel State, and now Delta State in the South-South. We cannot for any reason afford to be forcefully strong-armed into any region, outside the region within the South-South geographical zone.

“Henceforward, the representation of Anioma in differ­ent maps of Biafra does not and cannot amount to Anioma being part of Biafra. That can only be in the figment of the imagination of desperate irredentist adventurers who cre­atively made such maps to satisfy their thirst for empire-building. They may make Anioma to exist in their maps, but the world must note that it does not have our consent as we reject that tag vehemently.

Besides this stand, is the position of the traditional ruler of Asaba, Asagba (Prof.) Chike Edozien who insists that the unity of Nigeria is no longer negotiable after the frat­ricidal war that claimed several lives including Asaba na­tives.

“What is the greatness of Asaba? The greatness of Asaba is that it the beginning, the centre of a great country that houses more than one-third of black people in the world. So if you divide Nigeria, Asaba will become the centre of part of that great country, you have diminished Asaba, I don’t want Asaba to be diminished.

Igbo must be strong and sweet people that Bini men are dying to tell us our history.

Igbo kwenu.

Continue giving us online eulogies and ego...LMAO

Igbo Amaka..

Igbo Amaka.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 12:36pm On May 04, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Well all are lies.

Empire of 7 local government and one senatorial district.

What happened to other 2 senatorial district in Edo state.

Empire turned to village and circulating lies.

Some logic sound whack to the ear sometimes and these Bini revisionist theory is one.

No wonder Yorubas had to put you guys in your place in another argument and till this day Yorubas are the ones ruling the said Edo because there are strong cultural ties and links.

Both Igbo and Yoruba have the same agenda. Hence the Afonja/Yoruba and Igbo developer hate dragging Southern Nigeria down.

To rewrite History using modern population politics. So Midwest left Western Region in 1963. In 1967 igbo got to see that Calabar, Rivers and Ijaw could not trust them. Awo and Zik could not even work together because of mutual suspicion. Like I said tribalism won't make you learn that the British imposed conditions to allow Benin monarchy to be restored. The British already began by taking Lagos from Benin in 1850s.

Thank God current Oba of Lagos confirms his Benin origin. It's all there on YouTube.
That learning history won't give you ego, some like you won't learn.

Rome once controlled the known world and Alexander the Great control middle East to India. Greek Macedonia and city of Rome do not control these places today.

A group of swearing copy and paste people put us in our place?

The pages they were copying and pasting were from books and journals in my family home library growing up. Better books were even written in my presence. Maybe they impressed you but not me.

Let's me remind you that Ovia SW and Orionmwon local govts in Edo state are bigger than Enugu state. All 5 Igbo States are smaller than Edo and Delta. Hence Igbo go hustle outside. Ojukwu was even born in Zumgeru Niger State. Igbo insult everyone yet they are all over other people's land.

Very funny. Anyway many Igbo are very sensible. I know dozens born and bred in Benin.
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 04, 2020
AreaFada2:

Both Igbo and Yoruba had the same agenda. Hence the Agonja/Yoruba and Igbo developer hate dragging Southern Nigeria down.

To rewrite History using using modern population politics. So Midwest left Western Region in 1963. In 1967 igbo got to see that Calabar, Rivers and Ijaw could not trust them. Awo and Zik could not even work together because of mutual suspicion. Like I said tribalism won't make you learn that the British imposed conditions to allow Benin monarchy to be restored. The British already began by taking Lagos from Benin in 1850s.

Thank God current Oba of Lagos confirms his Benin origin. It's all there on YouTube.

Rome once controlled the known world and Alexander the Great control middle East to India. Greek Macedonia and city of Rome do not control these places today.

The pages they were copying and pasting were from books and journals in my family home library growing up. Better books were even written in my presence. Maybe they impressed you but not me.
Let's me remind you that Ovia SW and Orionmwon local govts in Edo state are bigger than Enugu state. All 5 Igbo States are smaller than Edo and Delta. Hence Igbo go hustle outside. Ojukwu was even born in Zumgeru Niger State. Igbo insult everyone yet they are all over other people's land.

Very funny. Anyway many Igbo are very sensible. I know dozens born and bred in Benin.

Bini is way too small. A kingdom of 7 local government and 1 senatorial district looking for who to agree to their revisionist theory.

There is only one theory of Benin, they are Yorubas and Yorubas are them. All bear same name and similarities.

Igbos are way apart to any Benin comparison and such not existing. Nothing in common to link to Bini.

Only when Yoruba history surfaces, will you see the strong and unflinching ties to Bini and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by rationalhuman(m): 1:11pm On May 04, 2020
One add on and one Error in your statement,
Igbos are real victims in Nigeria, They are the productive ones and still you see fulani sympathizers in power discriminating against Igbos.

Error: Alexander never entered in India, Yes it reached to indias border and had a last fight with one of the small kingdom at Indian border, outcome of this war is highly disputed as some said that Alexander lost and wounded and died on the way during retreat.
Some Historians said that after watching capabilities of one small Indian kingdom his army was on path of Mutiny (They were terrified with 250 war elephants mounted archers sending hail of arrows).

But one thing all are agree Alexanders couldn't enter India at that time. (As he came to know a 10 times bigger army with 50000 war elephants was waiting to decimate everything).
AreaFada2:

Both Igbo and Yoruba had the same agenda. Hence the Agonja/Yoruba and Igbo developer hate dragging Southern Nigeria down.

To rewrite History using using modern population politics. So Midwest left Western Region in 1963. In 1967 igbo got to see that Calabar, Rivers and Ijaw could not trust them. Awo and Zik could not even work together because of mutual suspicion. Like I said tribalism won't make you learn that the British imposed conditions to allow Benin monarchy to be restored. The British already began by taking Lagos from Benin in 1850s.

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 2:54pm On May 04, 2020
rationalhuman:
One add on and one Error in your statement,
Igbos are real victims in Nigeria, They are the productive ones and still you see fulani sympathizers in power discriminating against Igbos.

Error: Alexander never entered in India, Yes it reached to indias border and had a last fight with one of the small kingdom at Indian border, outcome of this war is highly disputed as some said that Alexander lost and wounded and died on the way during retreat.
Some Historians said that after watching capabilities of one small Indian kingdom his army was on path of Mutiny (They were terrified with 250 war elephants mounted archers sending hail of arrows).

But one thing all are agree Alexanders couldn't enter India at that time. (As he came to know a 10 times bigger army with 50000 war elephants was waiting to decimate everything).
Really? Igbo the victims? The real victims are Benin. Long before Igbo. Today Igbo mock Benin with 7 local governments. The British took Lagos from Benin in 1850s.

Deji of Akure, was beheaded in 1818 for killing Oba's messenger. Ondo and Ekiti were under Benin until 1897. I still have relatives in those places. Read my posts over the years about it.
Oba of Benin refused to appoint Olu of Warri for 80 years when one insurodinate Olu passed on. Check all these in history.

Benin was burnt down in 1897 and Oba Ovonramwen deported to Calabar. The British did not even allow Benin people to use own money to build schools by themselves. They also discouraged missionaries building schools

From the Portuguese, Benin that were first to gain Western Education 500 years ago were kept down. Because Britain feared educated Benins would lead rebellion of decolonisation to avenge 1897.

Benin lost arts to Britain, territory, time in education and more.

Things used to mock us now. So who lost the most? We tried to prevent colonisation. You guys tried to leave Nigeria 70 years later. We obviously saw the future and tried to prevent it 70 years earlier.

In 1897 we didn't get anybody's assistance or empathy. Why should we care about anybody else now?
Zik fought to prevent possiblity of secession from Nigerian Constitution. Awo wanted secession to be allowed. Ironsi dismantled Regional system to placate Hausa Fulani. So why now blame Benin for it?

We fought off Idah and Jihadists centuries ago. We have nothing to side with anybody for. We just dey look.

Ireland, Luxembourg, Iceland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta, The Bahamas and many other countries do not have high population but highly successful. Less population, less wahala, tribalism and disharmony.

A house built on sand cannot stand. Natural solution will occur one day.

Alexander got to India. Where then did he fight King Porus? Was it not in Punjab now Pakistan?

Just because he stopped advance on Ganges plains does not mean he didn't reach India. He clearly had much of Indus valley under his control.

Just like Roman empire reached British Isles. Whether or not Scotland was reached.
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 8:17pm On May 04, 2020
Juliusmalema:

LMAO

also ask me what Ifeanyi means in Igbo?...Lol

Desperate lots.

I just asked for okowa
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 04, 2020
gregyboy:

I just asked for okowa

Ask me about Ifeanyi at Once so that I will reply all through.

Also ask about the meaning of EKWUEME title attached to his name

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 8:30pm On May 04, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Ask me about Ifeanyi at Once so that I will reply all through.

Also ask about the meaning of EKWUEME title attached to his name

Lol, oya answer all if it suite you
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 04, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, oya answer all if it suite you
LMAO
what's funny again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Fundamentals Of Odinani / Yoruba Origin Revisited / 70th Birthday: Etsu Nupe Alhaji Abubakar Receives VIP Magazine Publisher In Abuj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.