Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? (28933 Views)

Sadiq Umar Named In Europa League Team Of The Week / Vincent Enyeama Makes Africa’s Best Ever XI By The Sun UK / Paul Pogba Named In The Premier League Team Of The Year. See Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Goandie: 1:53pm On May 17, 2018
dudebuck:
it is very obvious you started watching football two or three years ago

lol aba na d guy opinion now.
until dis man city repeat wat dey did dis season again before dey earn my respect and dey are not as good as d treble winning man utd or the invincible arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Amalekki: 2:27pm On May 17, 2018
That Man Utd team was not just the best in England but the best in Europe and the best in the world.
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 17, 2018
Out of respect for the manutd 98/99 team that won the treble, I won't comment on them . The manutd 2007/08 team that won the league and champions league double, the manutd 08/09 team that won the league and got to the champions league final are streets ahead of this mancity and Chelsea team. Let's not forget that the team won the league in three straight years. That team will absolutely destroy this mancity team with their trademark counter attack. Is it that people don't have memories?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by AZMARSHAL: 2:51pm On May 17, 2018
Manchester -United all the way
There is still no English football team that can play a role United as ever Make.
#Reddevils
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by xtervaganza(m): 4:13pm On May 17, 2018
Chelsea's was the most impressive as they hadn't won the league in 50 years bro that and they won it in Grand style. Not forgetting they also won the league cup and wiped the floor with Barcelona
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by DaRuud(m): 4:48pm On May 17, 2018
What about the Manchester United of 2007/2008

snowden9:
The 2017/2018 English premier league season is over and it saw Manchester City claiming the title racking up an overwhelming 100 points in the long run. But how do they stack up against the other previous champions. Since the inception of the premier league in 1992, here are Four outstanding premier league champions in no particular order.

Arsenal 2003/2004 aka The Invincibles

Wins- 26
Draw- 12
Lose- 0
Points- 90
EPL Goals- 69
Other trophies : None

Most used team: GK- Lehmann
DF- Lauren, Ashley cole, Kolo Toure, Sol Campbell
MF- Patrick Vieira, Ljumberg, Pires, Gilberto silva
FW- Henry, Bergkamp

Review: Arsenal’s undefeated title-winning campaign remains a truly remarkable achievement: the only incidence of this happening since the 19th century.

Undefeated runs are often characterised by resilient defences, but Arsenal were an incredible attacking unit boasting the speed of Thierry Henry, the creativity of Dennis Bergkamp and reliable goalscoring on either flank from Freddie Ljungberg and Robert Pires.

Gilberto Silva and Patrick Vieira provided the strength often lacking at Arsenal over the last decade, while Sol Campbell was the only natural defender in a backline featuring Ashley Cole, Lauren and Kolo Toure – three players converted from more attacking positions by Arsene Wenger, summarising his emphasis upon technical skill. Jens Lehmann is remembered for his blunders, but in his debut Premier League campaign he simply didn’t lose all season.

Arsenal boasted the league’s best attack and its best defence; they could dominate possession and counter-attack brilliantly in turn.
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by thesicilian: 5:16pm On May 17, 2018
dudebuck:
Can't you people talk without deliberately insulting others?
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Myself2(m): 5:17pm On May 17, 2018
This is a NO BRAINER , it's the team that was unbeaten over the longest period

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by unmask: 6:19pm On May 17, 2018
snowden9:
Here's my own take :
To all those non-indomie generation people like me that loved playing Mortal Kombat, you know the feeling you get after every 'Flawless' victory, it confirms that you weren't touched at all during the battle and I have to say, we all aimed towards achieving that feat whenever we played the game. You get where I'm going right? I guess so. Without much speech, the untouchable, undefeated, invincible, flawless team of Arsenal wins my vote.

1. Arsenal
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea

Nairalanders, how about yours?

It's not really about being an arsenal supporter or whatever, you just have to ask yourself, if being unbeaten in a season is not the goal for some clubs, why did Barcelona after having lifted the trophy, still struggle to make sure they win against levante?
Trust me, man city came close to being my number one but you just have to give it up for the only side with a golden EPL trophy till date. Let me spell it out for y'all.

WWWWDDWWWDWWWDDWDWW
DWWWWWWWWWDWDWDDDWW
I see no L there.
I hope you know a team can go unbeaten without winning the trophy....so that isn't a criteria

Man city
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man united
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by unmask: 6:20pm On May 17, 2018
Nedfed:
I give it to Manchester United cos the 1998/1999 season is awesome and the club still have zeal for more trophies

Arsenal cud av being my second choice but the club dey fuckup bigtime. Winning the EPL in 2004 unbeaten now makes top four only their priority since then, what a shame.

Chelsea is the real team in EPL cos they make the league more competitive, tough and more interesting.

I love Chelsea

stay within the question
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by unmask: 6:22pm On May 17, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
most of the people who would comment are not familiar with the invincibles or the team by Manutd, so memory will be quite obscure.

Most will stick to the most recent teams where they can easily remember the events.

but judging by the statistical records, it seems manutd has the day.
with only 22 wins...yea right
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by unmask: 6:29pm On May 17, 2018
jaybee3:

Another reason why you can’t disregard the feat achieved by ManU is:

2 of the losses suffered was in and around Champions league matches with Barcelona.
First loss of the season was on the 20th of September (They drew 3-3 with Barcelona 4 days prior to the match)
Second loss was on the 21st of November (They drew 3-3 with Barcelona 4 days after the loss)

The only fluke loss was with Middlesbrough at home on the 19th of December which can be argued that SAF rotated players to handle the rigours of December period

ManU must have been efficient with their 3 losses despite winning the big 3.

It’s was almost unheard of being competitive on 3 fronts back in the days considering how squads weren’t dominated by international players
less competition then....you had the top two....Chelsea had top four....mancity had top six

It was more competitive for man city....lower ranked teams had funds to compete favourably.....and the manner in which they did theirs, absolutely remarkable
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by unmask: 6:32pm On May 17, 2018
obonujoker:

Why was Chelsea not regarded as EPL best team ever before??
their stats are not from one season....the season they had 95 pts they scored only 72 goals 34 less than man city
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Nedfed(m): 6:35pm On May 17, 2018
unmask:
stay within the question
Arsenal fan spotted grin

Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by unmask: 6:38pm On May 17, 2018
dudebuck:
so you that is rock of ages tell us which premier league winning side bests them
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Teymanhenry(f): 6:42pm On May 17, 2018
treble winners are the best amongst the rest
...trophies are the all important in football, not beautiful game style or amount of goals...though goals n wins gives u trophies...the more trophies u win,the more on field success u get... e.g. if mo'sallah doesn't win the uefa champions league, barlon d'or goes to Rinaldo then Messi followed By Sallah or Neymar
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by dudebuck: 7:31pm On May 17, 2018
unmask:
so you that is rock of ages tell us which premier league winning side bests them
so ypu want to tell me you don't know the treble winners of 1999, or the team that did not lose any match, a WHOLE season, your man shitty was even beaten at home by man united, na wa for una oh! Others have champions league title to show for their efforts, you are yapping about mere goals.
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Obdk: 7:54pm On May 17, 2018
Greizman:
Manchester United 1998/1999 aka Treble Winners
This team is being compared with other great teams in the world not in the EPL
It is certainly the best EPL team of all time.
If Manchester City had won the champions league... They would have been considered to be the best.

dont forget Manchester united went 33 games unbeaten run in dis season..
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Dennisuo: 8:04pm On May 17, 2018
After winning treeble what happend next?. . . We are talking about the efect of that team at those days linking to the present teams now UNBEATEN RECORD REMAINS!!.
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by snowden9(m): 8:09pm On May 17, 2018
unmask:
I hope you know a team can go unbeaten without winning the trophy....so that isn't a criteria

Man city
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man united
Yup. but arsenal did both right? you're obviously a Chelsea fan. you're just putting Chelsea 2nd place cos you know it'll be foul to put them first.
let's check something out.
Arsenal till date- only invincibles
Man Utd till date- only treble winners
man city till date- only centurions
Chelsea till date- only what please
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Iamthoney(m): 11:38pm On May 17, 2018
For all the centurion points and goals, for all the trebles none of the Manchester clubs won a gold premier league trophy nor went the whole premier league season undefeated. Arsenal did both. The Arsenal invincible team is the best Epl team in the history if you judge them by the feat they achieved in the Epl and not bringing in other competition
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Chukazu: 7:34am On May 18, 2018
Skmoda360:

Liverpool, are you OK?

Very ok...

Liverpool made history before any of the clubs above
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Skmoda360(m): 7:40am On May 18, 2018
Chukazu:

Very ok...

Liverpool made history before any of the clubs above
history like man utd? with the exception of champions league....Manchester united is way better than Liverpool .
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by Chukazu: 9:16am On May 18, 2018
Skmoda360:

history like man utd? with the exception of champions league....Manchester united is way better than Liverpool .

How exactly are they better than Liverpool, by winning one league title more than Liverpool?

Liverpool is still the Biggest in British football...do your search
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by unmask: 11:35pm On May 18, 2018
dudebuck:
so ypu want to tell me you don't know the treble winners of 1999, or the team that did not lose any match, a WHOLE season, your man shitty was even beaten at home by man united, na wa for una oh! Others have champions league title to show for their efforts, you are yapping about mere goals.
like I said unbeaten is nice....but you can go unbeaten in a season without winning the league....the man utd side that got the treble only won 22 premier league matches

It seems op needs to clarify the question.....is he asking about the best team to win the premier league or best team overall in a season that a team won the premier league

One looks at the premier league winning teams performance in the premier league only....while the other looks at the teams performance overall.....if the latter were the case then the 07/08 man utd team should be mentioned...... however if it is the former....then I stand by my list
Re: Which Of These Is The Best Ever English Premier League Team? by dudebuck: 5:34am On May 19, 2018
unmask:
like I said unbeaten is nice....but you can go unbeaten in a season without winning the league....the man utd side that got the treble only won 22 premier league matches

It seems op needs to clarify the question.....is he asking about the best team to win the premier league or best team overall in a season that a team won the premier league

One looks at the premier league winning teams performance in the premier league only....while the other looks at the teams performance overall.....if the latter were the case then the 07/08 man utd team should be mentioned...... however if it is the former....then I stand by my list
when you get your UCL trophy, then we can talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final / Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award / Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.