Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland (7778 Views)

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Zenith Bank Sacks Marketers & Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 24, 2010
My colleague, an ex-Zenith staff, was telling me some days ago that the bank's IT has banned NL from their systems, meaning you cannot log on to NL from Zenith Bank systems. Same is happening in my company and many other companies for facebook.

This could mean that many Zenith staff visit NL, thereby constituting a distraction. Or possibly because of insider stories about Zenith that go on here.

Either case, NL is becoming a force to reckon with. Many companies' IT and HR departments can no longer afford to ignore NL.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by oluwabamis(m): 2:23pm On May 24, 2010
nairaland is the 9th website in nigeria as per traffic, while zenithbank is the 27th. zenithbank cant stop the good things happening in nairaland. their staff can access nairaland when at home, so nothing spoilt.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/NG
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Kx: 2:29pm On May 24, 2010
I know most orgs bans facebook within business hours due to virus attacks.
Can same reason be attributed to zenith bank'action?
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by candylips(m): 4:02pm On May 24, 2010
Wow that will be interesting if true
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by lizzybabe1(f): 6:43pm On May 24, 2010
Since Seun always bans people, he deserves to be banned too. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:47pm On May 24, 2010
nairaland is the 'BOMB', i know how many successful buisness i have conducted through this great website of ours ranging from cars, lands. there isnt a day i woundnt logon to nairaland for any infos. more grease to you seun and all the dedicated moderators. NAIRALAND ROCKS!

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2010
@ Oluwabamis,

nairaland is the 9th website in nigeria as per traffic, while zenithbank is the 27th

Which other sites are 1st - 8th? Your link only displays the home page of alexa.com. My impression was that NL is number 1 in Nigeria.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by lizzybabe1(f): 6:54pm On May 24, 2010
BizBooks:

@ Oluwabamis,

Which other sites are 1st - 8th? Your link only displays the home page of alexa.com. My impression was that NL is number 1 in Nigeria.

I would imagine them to be sites like Google Nigeria, Yahoo, etc. But I think it's the No 1 NIGERIAN site sha.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by blacksta(m): 6:56pm On May 24, 2010
Surprised at the comments here - Browsing NL at work at your employers time is wrong and should not be  encouraged -  People should get a life
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 24, 2010
Seriously NL has to be banned in all establishments. The distraction it causes is too much for an employee.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by tempest01(m): 7:01pm On May 24, 2010
lizzybabe1:

ROFLMAO
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by gidson12(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2010
well i no blame the IT dept for such actions, cos nairaland is really a distraction from work, its like a drug a lil sip and u are hooked, e dey affect me bad o
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by jeniud: 7:22pm On May 24, 2010
Let zenithbank Bleep off fr nairaland.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by akinalabi(m): 8:15pm On May 24, 2010
Companies do these things all the time.

When you notice that something is distracting your staff, you try try to shut that thing out if you can. For instance, I've
once banned my staff from changing the TV channel to Africa Magic because it was a distraction.

Many companies have done it with facebook. Some staff spend the whole day on fb rather than work. I dont
think its anything personal although it means lots of their staff visit Nairaland.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by aieromon(m): 8:32pm On May 24, 2010
Kudos to the management for nippin' the problem in the bud.I'm sure most of the staff do not have access to personal internet services in their homes.
Nairaland during working hours Damn retards
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by BluMalam(m): 9:28pm On May 24, 2010
BizBooks:

@ Oluwabamis,

_Nairaland is the No. 1 Nigerian Site on Alexa.com, no be small thing o!_
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 24, 2010
Thats a good idea! I will do same too! my workers are spending so much time on NL. I restricted facebook and hi5 long ago!

Kai only say if i restrict NL d thing go affect me seriously cause am No.1 NL adict i start my day on the web with Nairaland and close my day with Nairaland. Abeg make i leave dat one first. No man dey creat law wey go catcham! NL forever!
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by snowdrops(m): 10:05pm On May 24, 2010
Same happens in the UK. My employer bans the common social networking sites. Nairaland is obviously not that popular in this part of the world, hence i still visit it regularly during working hours.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by egoldman(m): 10:47pm On May 24, 2010
makes nl even more popular wink
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by oge4real(f): 10:56pm On May 24, 2010
Good move by the management. Staff should learn to draw a line between office hours and personal hours.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by denzel2009: 10:56pm On May 24, 2010
Its better for productivity at work, NL is too addictive.

Assuming we currently have a military regime in Nigeria, NL would have been closed down and Seun would probably be seeking asylum anyway. Covergence of over 200,000 people won't be taken lightly.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by maedan(f): 11:05pm On May 24, 2010
ROTF grin grin grin. Talk about total lock down grin grin grin grin. But come oh, is the workplace now a prison, why should people be deprived of anything? What happened to freedom of browzing angry grin tongue. Zenith Bank should gerraway jo. The employees will always find a way to log into this site when and how ever they want to.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Tcrack(m): 11:15pm On May 24, 2010
am sure zenith did not employ them to sit in front of the coputer and surf nairaland.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by fender(m): 11:22pm On May 24, 2010
Same thing happened in my organization.They blocked the internet completely leaving us at the mercy of outlook.
Yeye employers!!
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by sulad82i(m): 11:27pm On May 24, 2010
Its not really new for employers to restrict their employees access to the internet. Some argue in their favor, that it increase employee's productivity cos of the time wasted online can be channeled to their job.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Allergic(m): 11:29pm On May 24, 2010
lizzybabe1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by mrofficial(m): 11:38pm On May 24, 2010
greateros:

Thats a good idea! I will do same too! my workers are spending so much time on NL. I restricted facebook and hi5 long ago!

Kai only say if i restrict NL d thing go affect me seriously cause am No.1 NL adict i start my day on the web with Nairaland and close my day with Nairaland. Abeg make i leave dat one first. No man dey creat law wey go catcham! NL forever!

grin grin grin
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by scoro99(m): 12:07am On May 25, 2010
The staff of zenith Bank use Nairaland to speak out and tell the world dat the Bank has not gotten to their ZENITH yet!
with all dat salary slash, evil non- acheivable targets and profit abi loss sharing policies, the case of the staff is like fela puts it,
"suffering and smiling", cry grin
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by eyoniggar(m): 12:16am On May 25, 2010
I.P Banning? Thats ridiculous, whats sock and vpn there for? Lol, grin cheesy
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by matiltomd(f): 12:36am On May 25, 2010
My BB Curve's functioning properly, lol,so your free surfing can take a walk, Lol

On a serious note,if i catch my employee visitn NL or FB during 'crucial office hrs',d job don tire am be that and him need distraction, Ill throw d slowpoke back into d labour market,
How many of us can honestly take that? Jokes aside abeg, I think i'll go wit Zenith on this one,
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by OAM4J: 1:23am On May 25, 2010
akinalabi:

Companies do these things all the time.

When you notice that something is distracting your staff, you try try to shut that thing out if you can. For instance, I've
once banned my staff from changing the TV channel to Africa Magic because it was a distraction.

Many companies have done it with facebook. Some staff spend the whole day on fb rather than work. I dont
think its anything personal although it means lots of their staff visit Nairaland.

I agree with you. This shouldn't be news.

A lot of companies all over the world have IT policies that ensures their staff do not use official hours surfing away on the net.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Skidoc(m): 1:33am On May 25, 2010
greateros:

LOL. See the Oga sef, na Nairaland addict!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wema Bank Opens Innovative Trainning School For Old And New Staff / Nigerians In The U.s. Army: Let Truth Be Told / Sample Letter Of Recommendation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.