Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,043 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:57 AM

Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland (7686 Views)

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Zenith Bank Sacks Marketers & Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by osifred(m): 2:09am On May 25, 2010
all those against zenith bank banning there staff from nairaland. how wil you feel when u enter one of zenith bank branch for an urgent buisness deal or transaction and d staff dat is suppose 2 attend 2 u in a haste is dulling becos he is log onto nairalander
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Absu(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2010
If they r banned 4rm nl,it means d site is gaining strong recognision.
@all zenith bank staff here,ndo nu o!Try 2 log in after work hrs
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by sayso: 6:59am On May 25, 2010
see jealousy from Jim Ovie,you cannot stop oxygen from getting to humans unless you are in planet PANDORA.hey heyhey.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by tkb417(m): 7:05am On May 25, 2010
its normal abeg

so much ado over nothn

which employer will allow his/her staff spend productive time chatting romance and arguing how Messi is the best in the world

who pays for you to do that?

i spend hours on the net cos most times, i dont work from the office. In the office, no NL, no soccernet, nothing
LOL
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by davidayo: 7:14am On May 25, 2010
Am sure the reson for banning the site is because of the info i sent some time ago. I will send you more on the rot happening in Zenith bank and lately, Stanbic IBTC are the top of my list on their rots. soon you will get it.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by otokx(m): 8:11am On May 25, 2010
@davidayo

there is so much rot everywhere in Nigeria so don't bother with your exposition

@ALL
Nairaland is more of social site now so any institution worth its salt will prevent access to this and other social sites e.g. facebook, twitter especially during working hours.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by lahips: 8:25am On May 25, 2010
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by semid4lyfe(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2010
Good move by Zenith. . .!
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by otukpo(f): 9:06am On May 25, 2010
I don't blame Zenith bank. NL is a lot of distraction.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by ud4u: 9:19am On May 25, 2010
Is a huge distraction so to say, I use myself as an example that sometimes I find it difficult to do the company job but rather stay the whole day in Nairaland and partially on facebook.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by martinosi: 9:30am On May 25, 2010
fender:

Same thing happened in my organization.They blocked the internet completely leaving us at the mercy of outlook.
Yeye employers!!

Ahh thats sooooo painful, yeah i on nairaland, but i am the boss so hey
i guess i cannot tell IT to ban myself lol!!!
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by martinosi: 9:39am On May 25, 2010
scoro99:

The staff of zenith Bank use Nairaland to speak out and tell the world dat the Bank has not gotten to their ZENITH yet!
with all dat salary slash, evil non- acheivable targets and profit abi loss sharing policies, the case of the staff is like fela puts it,
"suffering and smiling",  cry grin

ROFLMAO!!!, I Have friends at zenith bank lol!!!
But this will not stop Staff at that back from posting their
stories. it will only increase now as they will be posting from home
or cyber cafe on the weekend lol!!!
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by martinosi: 9:41am On May 25, 2010
matiltom_d:

My BB Curve's functioning properly, lol,so your free surfing can take a walk,  Lol

On a serious note,if i catch my employee visitn NL or FB during 'crucial office hrs',d job don tire am be that and him need distraction,  Ill throw d slowpoke back into d labour market,
How many of us can honestly take that? Jokes aside abeg,  I think i'll go wit Zenith on this one,

Na Zenith got this one wrong, and whats wrong with going on Facebook and
NL, and if you are an Employer i pity your staff ^^^^^^^
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by martinosi: 9:45am On May 25, 2010
osifred:

all those against zenith bank banning there staff from nairaland. how wil you feel when u enter one of zenith bank branch for an urgent buisness deal or transaction and d staff dat is suppose 2 attend 2 u in a haste is dulling becos he is log onto nairalander

Its back-office staff that have time to surf on Nairaland in Zenith bank
If you are in Front-Office (ie Dealing directly with the public) you will
be a fool to be surfing the net in that situation.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by ajiifixing(m): 9:50am On May 25, 2010
I cant access NL on my BB. Can someone please help out?.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Abuse: 9:53am On May 25, 2010
Zenith Bank will soon meet its water low.That female Executive director in the maitama office in Abuja that is trading with innocent girls in transcorp hilton to go and spend the night with politicians and bring deposits.She will soon hit the rocks.Everyday is not xmas.I have lost my girlfriend to her mess.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by babsmii(m): 10:01am On May 25, 2010
Abuse:

Zenith Bank will soon meet its water low.That female Executive director in the maitama office in Abuja that is trading with innocent girls in transcorp hilton to go and spend the night with politicians and bring deposits.She will soon hit the rocks.Everyday is not xmas.I have lost my girlfriend to her mess.

sorry to hear that bruv if it's true, maybe she's not meant for you. if you c it that way then you won't get hurt much, goodluck

back to post, if i start a company with my hard earned money, i don't think i want to see my staff hovering on nairaland or facebook except during their lunch break, they can always do that at home, not that im totally in support cos im actually at work now too but if my boss tells me now that he doesn't like it then i'll quit and do it at home. NL is not running away and should not make me look like an unserious staff like facebook does,
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by harakiri(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2010
The employees could use a proxy to bypass the fire wall e.g cooltunnel cheesy
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by mirabell: 10:39am On May 25, 2010
Abeg Nairaland is addictive, I dont think I do any other thing apart from spend the whole day on Nairaland instead of concentrating on my job. I even miss lunch cos of NL
I hope am ok, cos I have been wanting to limit my time here but to no avail, pls help I am hooked

I dont balme zenith bank for their actions
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by AMIRACH: 10:47am On May 25, 2010
pls i want that banning rule in my firm so make i rest, i was using my spare time to do researches but i now i dont becos of all these sites always on fb
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by eldee(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2010
tkb417:

its normal abeg

so much ado over nothn

which employer will allow his/her staff spend productive time chatting romance and arguing how Messi is the best in the world

who pays for you to do that?

i spend hours on the net cos most times, i dont work from the office. In the office, no NL, no soccernet, nothing
LOL

Reports have it that Dayokanu is the main reason Nairaland has been bad from Zenith Bank.
His anti-Arsenal posts have left staff members devastated for days and causing countless slow-days.

Infact in extreme cases, some employees that support Arsenal has smashed screens in anger and blamed it on 'trying to kill a screen virus using the old method' grin grin
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by zikko(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2010
i considered it a better option for Zenith Bank to discourage her staff from using official hours to visit nairaland because it might affect the level of productivity of the company shocked
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by zikko(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2010
i spend over 5 to 8 hours every day on nairaland am so much engross because of the quality of information i get. grin grin
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by candylips(m): 12:29pm On May 25, 2010
do u work in Zenith
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 25, 2010
NL has got its mojo back on then!
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by touchmeder: 12:52pm On May 25, 2010
when u go home browse
it is unprofessional to do things like that in the office
even in the school here, the social sites like facebook i recall were disabled
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 25, 2010
Most of us nairalanders in my organization know one another, and I think I'm no 2. My oga and teh Chief Nairalander of my company has not come here but most people know him grin

My colleagues know my NL exploits, and I even used to joke with them that NL increases my productivity as I get valuable knowledge and information that enhance my performance. Hmmmnnnnnn.

In fact some of my colleagues can tell from my countenace when I face teh system whether I am on NL or doing office work.

In any case, I must admit that uncontrollable nairalanding is not good for productivity. If I'm a CEO, I will ban FB totally and make NL available only 6-8 in the morning and 5-10 in the evening.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by matiltomd(f): 1:15pm On May 25, 2010
martinosi:

Na Zenith got this one wrong,  and whats wrong with going on Facebook and
NL, and if you are an Employer i pity your staff ^^^^^^^

Honestly it is you that should be pitied as an employer to be or whatever,  Tell me how Zenith got it wrong this time?
Well u do have a choice;when you start your own firm,please make the following sites available: Black Planet,gamblingsites.org,facebook,all indecent sites,all dating sites and my dear Nairaland,
You even asked "what's wrong with going on fb?". there's absolutely nothing wrong bro,but during office hours;I'll crucify your black butts, 

osifred:

Maybe Honorable Martinosi should read this again,
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by gidson12(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2010
ok
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by jokingmary(m): 2:35pm On May 25, 2010
ok na
we shall see

even zenith bank overall oga still de visit facebook and NAIRA LAND
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by eldee(m): 2:44pm On May 25, 2010
I remember when an NLer . . . on this thread got banned from Nairaland at work.
The guy was offline for sometime, by the time I showed him of those things you learn in all UK high schools, him self understand say oga pass oga.

Breaking IT laws is one of those things you have to learn to survive in this world.

MTN GPRS cheats are everywhere on the internet.
I know some people that have not being to cinemas in a year, yet they've seen movies that are not yet out in the UK.
Illegal music award belongs to my guys on the music section . . . and spambot is a joke to my pips on the Phones section.

Bottom line . . .if you really want to get on NL, you'll find a way.
Re: Zenith Bank Bans Nairaland by pecu5: 3:23pm On May 25, 2010
He who must come to equity must come with clean hands

Going by what happens in Zenith bank, i think its time pple express themselves using a faceless medium like NL. Blocking NL will not discourage information leakage cos one u can use ur BB.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Approves Promotion Of 1 CP, 24 Others / Are You The Dreaded Blabber Mouth In Your Office? / The Nigerian Police Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Police Officer Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.