Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,643 members, 7,801,871 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo (2950 Views)

PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki / Sanai Agunbiade: ENDSARS Has Political Undertone, Influencers Must Be Fished Out / Insecurity: CAN Rally Has A Political Undertone - MUSWEN, MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by dapelua(m): 9:27pm On May 16, 2018
Professor Yemi Osinbajo has vowed to resign as Nigeria’s vice president, if there is any religious connotation to the incessant killings by suspected herdsmen in Benue and other parts of the country.
According to Independent, the nation’s number two citizen also said if he and President Muhammadu Buhari fail to handle the crisis, he would resign.
READ ALSO: US wishes Muslims happy, prosperous Ramadan
NAIJ.com gathers that Osinbajo’s comments were in reaction to statements made by indigenes of Benue state, during the stakeholders’ meeting which took place on Wednesday, May 16, at the Banquet hall of the Benue People’s House, Makurdi.
In particular, Osinbajo was reacting to the speech by Bishop William Avenya of the Gboko dioceses of the Catholic Church, who said God would hold the vice president responsible, if he fails to act.
The vice president also said the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) government will prove there is no agenda to Islamise the nation; and that it would do so by protecting the people of the state from further attacks, and rebuilding the waste places.
He stated: “As a matter of fact, I’m also a priest and I’m a Christian, a born again Christian. Because I’m a born again Christian, my destiny is not determined by any man but by God whom I serve.
“Let me assure you that under no circumstance, none whatsoever, will I give up my faith or refuse to stand up for my faith. You can take that to the bank.
“Even the position that I currently occupy, I did not ask for it and I’m prepared to leave (resign) it at a short notice. It doesn’t mean anything (to me).”
Recall that NAIJ.com previously reported that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo denied claims that the killings in Benue were the outcome of a planned agenda to eliminate the people.
He said the anger and disappointment expressed by the people of Benue was right and justified; but assured them that the federal government was committed to providing security for their protection.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by limeta(f): 9:31pm On May 16, 2018
embarassed
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Paperwhite(m): 9:32pm On May 16, 2018
VP Osinbajo is a disgrace to christainhood.He should just close his mouth abeg. angry

11 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by ckmayoca: 9:34pm On May 16, 2018
the beheading of your sister in Christ nko?

7 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Talknochip(m): 9:37pm On May 16, 2018
Story
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by xedyl(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2018
It's part of his job to cover up for his boss. I jez pity this man called "OSHI"......... banjo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by nNEOo(m): 9:51pm On May 16, 2018
So help u god!
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by SoNature(m): 9:55pm On May 16, 2018
I've been following politics in Nigeria since 1999. The only Nigerian who has resigned from a position not because they want to further their political career but she felt belittled is Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

Under Babalola Borisade as Aviation Minister, Nigeria witnessed three major passenger airplane crashes. He was under pressure to resign, he swore never to resign and never did. Since then I made a decision.

I dare say that no Nigerian can ever resign from their position on the account of poor performance. The African man is cursed

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Olumaeme: 9:59pm On May 16, 2018
Mtccheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by annnikky(f): 9:59pm On May 16, 2018
Even the position that I currently occupy, I did not ask for it and I’m prepared to leave (resign) it at a short notice. It doesn’t mean anything (to me).”

U shouldn't have collected it at the first place undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by chiefolododo(m): 10:04pm On May 16, 2018
K
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Jesusloveyou: 10:13pm On May 16, 2018
Able VP, should not bother about what those jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra party PDP are saying.
Paperwhite:
VP Osinbajo is a disgrace to christainhood.He should just close his mouth abeg. angry
even those idiotic pigs of Biafra that are just a mere Churchgoers or does not even go to church,but be drinking beer and womanizing upandan will still be claiming Christians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Wenebadu(f): 10:21pm On May 16, 2018
So you expect us to believe you right?
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by wallbuilder(m): 10:36pm On May 16, 2018
I respect you sir, but if you truly mean what you said, you should have resigned like yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Kingspin(m): 10:41pm On May 16, 2018
No religious undertone yet more Christians has dies in this genocide mission by Boko Haram Herdsmen from Kaduna to Benue states. Yet the empty led government of Buhari is asking Nigerians to be their brothers keeper and welcome killer herdsmen. The next day he say they are from Libya. At the other end the IG is ranting is a communal crashes among fellow Nigerians therefore he refused to weight in and opening disobeyed Mr. president. The army did not help matters as they and the minister of Agric are busy pushing for "cattle colony" for killers. The worst of it all came from MURIC leadership after they said the killing will not stop until state lift the ban on open grazing law. Ladies and gentlemen, this is how innocent people men, women and children are murdered in cold blood on daily bases. And majority of those victims are either Christians or non Hausas the targets are Christians that is why in the North East Nigeria you barely see a church building that is standing they have destroyed them all yet the mosques are untouched. Until they end attacks on Christians and release kidnapped Christian girl. I don't blame Osinbajo, he is receiving full salary.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by IJOBA2: 10:44pm On May 16, 2018
Paperwhite:
I QUITE AGREE WITH YOU

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by OKKO(m): 10:54pm On May 16, 2018
All this is because Catholics are planning nationwide peaceful demonstration coming Tuesday.

APC scammers!

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by okpanachil: 10:55pm On May 16, 2018
No the killings have religious OVERTONE which is why he has not resigned.Self deceit is the worst of its kind.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by coolscott(m): 10:58pm On May 16, 2018
His words come across, when he makes speeches, as if there is no meaning we should take serious with them.

As if somewhere before they proceeded from his mouth, they lost real meaning.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by SalamRushdie: 11:04pm On May 16, 2018
Must killing have religious undertone before you act Osinbanjo?..Is it till they Kill and Behead the Bishop of Makurdi and Lafia Diocese you will know it has religious undertone ? Can Osinbanjo tell us what undertone a killing must have to accepted by him as okay ? I am not getting these people because Osinbanjo is sounding like some killings are more acceptable that others .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 16, 2018
Trump's warning, d beginning of wisdom. Hehehehehehe. Catholics will still protest again. Dis time every Christian will join. Let me see how dy will use police to gear gas them hehehehehehe
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by doctokwus: 11:26pm On May 16, 2018
Fake pastor.
Another overrated ordinary fellow that propaganda deceived us with.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by cjrane: 11:39pm On May 16, 2018
Osinbajo has become a disgraceful pastor.
See how he is desperately trying to give every reason to continue worldly things while his Christian brethren are slaughtered in droves by jihadists.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by DerideGull(m): 11:51pm On May 16, 2018
This bloody fool called Yemi Osinbanjoke knew that the herdsmen killings have ethnical undertone yet did not quit. Ethnic cleansing is worse than religious massacre.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by chichar1(f): 11:51pm On May 16, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
Able VP, should not bother about what those jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra party PDP are saying.even those idiotic pigs of Biafra that are just a mere Churchgoers or does not even go to church,but be drinking beer and womanizing upandan will still be claiming Christians.
a dead and rotten dog has more dignity than you

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by limeta(f): 12:33am On May 17, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
Able VP, should not bother about what those jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra party PDP are saying.even those idiotic pigs of Biafra that are just a mere Churchgoers or does not even go to church,but be drinking beer and womanizing upandan will still be claiming Christians.

Still better than beheading people

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Bethel4Life(f): 12:37am On May 17, 2018
its been confirmed. .
Osibanjo is officially mad

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Babacele: 1:54am On May 17, 2018
l trust you totally Mr VP but not the ' nest of killers' who forge documemts, change identities(Wendel Simlin) to spread lies like an Abati or an FFK .they can hire mercenaries to destroy the country like they did after killing Azazi. I will be most stoopid to trust such men.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Babacele: 1:56am On May 17, 2018
Bethel4Life:
its been confirmed. .
Osibanjo is officially mad
by who ?
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Babacele: 2:02am On May 17, 2018
limeta:

Still better than beheading people
we know it is PDP's trait to annihilate,forge,deceive and destroy. Ask victims of boko haram that Pi Di Pi promoted by stealing defence budgets.
Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by awakeupcall4all(m): 2:29am On May 17, 2018
Well if after listening to the bitter complaints and wailing of the people of Benue and you still believe there is no ethno-religious angle to the genocide been perpetrated by herdsman in the Middle belt.....Even after they hammered it to you hearing in your presence there in Benue....Then i put it to you sir that you are a fake pastor

I am not surprised though...I already knew you sold your soul to the caliphate and never a servant of the most high...

Can you really belong to a lodge(i can name your members if you want sir) bowing to Lucifer and still call yourself a pastor??

Nonetheless, God is about to tear your evil government apart and not even you will be spared.....You can as well take that to bank too...

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Crisis: I Will Resign If Killings Have Religious Undertone - Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:40am On May 17, 2018
Jesusloveyou:

You dont use to hear word, You are still here.... or you want two boxes?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption Theses Photos Of Osinbajo And A Woman In Ekiti / THUNDERSTORM RAGE: Herdsmen Flee Yorubaland / Meet The Beautiful Family Of Lagos State NURTW Chieftain, MC Oluomo And Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.