Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,756 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1568445 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (4126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 10:19am On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

Does that matter? What stops them from confirming him if the investigation turns up nothing?
Oh it does matter, in case you haven't noticed the game the dems are playing is trying to delay the confirmation process as long as possible because the next term of the SCOTUS is starting on Monday October 1 and if Kavanaugh is not confirmed by that date, then he can't be sworn in until when the next term starts next year so all these shenanigans is just to make sure Kavanaugh's confirmation does not meet that date. If feinstein had released the letter earlier, the investigations would have been over by now and won't be in the way of confirmation of Kavanaugh but she deliberately decided to bring it up this late and start calling for an investigation but the Senate GOP and Kavanaugh himself knew the game the dems were playing and outsmarted them

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 10:28am On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

Oh it does matter, in case you haven't noticed the game the dems are playing is trying to delay the confirmation process as long as possible because the next term of the SCOTUS is starting on Monday October 1 and if Kavanaugh is not confirmed by that date, then he can't be sworn in until when the next term starts next year so all these shenanigans is just to make sure Kavanaugh's confirmation does not meet that date. If feinstein had released the letter earlier, the investigations would have been over by now and won't be in the way of confirmation of Kavanaugh but she deliberately decided to bring it up this late and start calling for an investigation but the Senate GOP and Kavanaugh himself knew the game the dems were playing and outsmarted them
coluka:

I was just pointing out to you that the demand for an FBI investigation by the dems was just a ploy to delay the confirmation process even further by getting Kavanaugh to commit to an FBI investigation so that they can use it as an excuse to demand for a suspension to any further proceedings until an FBI investigation is carried out but Kavanaugh was to smart for them and their plans failed. The FBI has already said this issue is outside their purview and they won't investigate anything

And after all of that he still gets in, what does it get them? The delay would not mean Democrats get to pick a judge so what difference does it make?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 10:56am On Sep 28, 2018
Meanwhile coluka, don't forget about this:

LordReed:

Was Cosby arrested before or after an investigation?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2018
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
So the American Bar Association has come out and said delay the confirmation until an FBI investigation has been done.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Fawklicant: 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
As far as I'm concerned, the whole ford testimony was just a sham. in between the faked shaky voice and sobs and the dems attempt at forcing everyone to believe her account to the seemingly "guilty" pronouncement on Kavanaugh even before a trial, its obviously a hack job.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
Senator Jeff flake has confirmed he is going to vote yes to confirm Kavanaugh

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/28/flake-will-vote-to-confirm-kavanaugh-to-the-supreme-court-851291

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:
Meanwhile coluka, don't forget about this:

Cosby was arrested after an investigation

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:
So the American Bar Association has come out and said delay the confirmation until an FBI investigation has been done.
Another grandstanding nonsense! The FBI have said categorically that they are not going to do any investigation as this is not within their purview. So what rubbish investigations are all these clowns crowing about? Well, they are just wasting their breath, in the next few hours, the Senate judiciary committee will be voting to confirm Kavanaugh as SCOTUS judge

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

Cosby was arrested after an investigation

Thank you, I rest my case.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

Another grandstanding nonsense! The FBI have said categorically that they are not going to do any investigation as this is not within their purview. So what rubbish investigations are all these clowns crowing about?

Who investigated Anita Hill?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

Thank you, I rest my case.
What case have you rested?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

Who investigated Anita Hill?
You're just muddling up issues, those two cases were totally different, before any judge comes before the senate, the FBI has the duty of screening the judge and investigating any untoward behavior. It was during that screening that The FBI investigated Anita hill after they uncovered her story. Kavanaugh on the other hand passed through his own investigation without any issues. Beyond that stage, the FBI can't dabble into misdemeanor cases. The only way it would have been legal for the FBI to look into this matter is if it was part of the things they investigated during the process of screening Kavanaugh, beyond that, Ford's accusations amount to misdemeanor allegations and are clearly outside the purview of the FBI

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

What case have you rested?

The case for an investigation. If Billy Cosby can be charged, tried and punished for things that happened 30+years ago, it is owed Dr Ford the same courtesy.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

You're just muddling up issues, those two cases were totally different, before any judge comes before the senate, the FBI has the duty of screening the judge and investigating any untoward behavior. It was during that screening that The FBI investigated Anita hill after they uncovered her story. Kavanaugh on the other hand passed through his own investigation without any issues. Beyond that stage, the FBI can't dabble into misdemeanor cases. The only way it would have been legal for the FBI to look into this matter is if it was part of the things they investigated during the process of screening Kavanaugh, beyond that, Ford's accusations amount to misdemeanor allegations and are clearly outside the purview of the FBI

So you are saying if it had come up during his screening the FBI would have investigated but now that it is not, the FBI do not have a responsibility to be thorough?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

So you are saying if it had come up during his screening the FBI would have investigated but now that it is not, the FBI do not have a responsibility to be thorough?
They don't, they are done with their own part of the confirmation process and have submitted their report as part of Kavanaugh's security clearance. This issue being raised by ford is a misdemeanor, it is out of the FBI's sphere of duties. She can take her case to the police if she has any evidence to back her claims

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

The case for an investigation. If Billy Cosby can be charged, tried and punished for things that happened 30+years ago, it is owed Dr Ford the same courtesy.

Then she should take her case to the police or a competent lawyer and present her evidence to them or help them get the evidence they need to prosecute Kavanaugh. That's what the experienced prosecutor that questioned her was talking about, that if the evidence she presented to the senate judiciary committee were brought to her as a prosecutor, it wouldn't even be enough to get a warrant of arrest against Kavanaugh talk more of prosecuting him

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

Then she should take her case to the police or a competent lawyer and present her evidence to them or help them get the evidence they need to prosecute Kavanaugh. That's what the experienced prosecutor that questioned her was talking about, that if the evidence she presented to the senate judiciary committee were brought to her as a prosecutor, it wouldn't even be enough to get a warrant of arrest against Kavanaugh talk more of prosecuting him

Who is talking of arrest? We are on investigation and you go mentioning arrest. Arrest for what?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

They don't, they are done with their own part of the confirmation process and have submitted their report as part of Kavanaugh's security clearance. This issue being raised by ford is a misdemeanor, it is out of the FBI's sphere of duties. She can take her case to the police if she has any evidence to back her claims

Let's be clear, if this had been an issue that came up during his screening the FBI would have investigated it, correct?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

Who is talking of arrest? We are on investigation and you go mentioning arrest. Arrest for what?
All I am saying is that at this point, the only recourse she has is to report her case to the police or get a very competent lawyer to help her do that so they can investigate and help her get evidence if there is any that prosecutors can use in bringing a case against Kavanaugh

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

Let's be clear, if this had been an issue that came up during his screening the FBI would have investigated it, correct?
Yes
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 4:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

All I am saying is that at this point, the only recourse she has is to report her case to the police or get a very competent lawyer to help her do that so they can investigate and help her get evidence if there is any that prosecutors can use in bringing a case against Kavanaugh

Can a supreme court justice be tried?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

Can a supreme court justice be tried?
Of course

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

Of course

OK. Can you show where the FBI said they can't investigate this matter?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2018

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Naza25: 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
Breaking: Senate judiciary committee has cleared Kavanaugh!!!

Now unto the floor vote

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
coluka:

Prophet CNN is a well known fake prophet so I will advice you to take whatever they prophesy with a pinch of salt grin, the Senate judiciary committee has set Friday for Kavanaugh's confirmation vote so you guys should get ready for this breaking news on Friday:

BREAKING: SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITEE VOTE CONFIRMS BRETT KAVANAUGH FOR SCOTUS
It has happened! He has been cleared! Prophet CNN is indeed a fake prophet!

Budaatum come o, Prophet CNN has failed woefully cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2018
itchie:

It has happened! He has been cleared! Prophet CNN is indeed a fake prophet!

Budaatum come o, Prophet CNN has failed woefully cheesy
Yeah, I heard. I'm not happy! One and a half more hoops for him to jump through though. I'm working on having his legs broken.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
The Dotard now says the FBI should get involved in the Kavanaugh case. Another reversal by the pig due to the tremendous pressure from the American people. 39 days to go and Nov 6 on my mind.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 1:15am On Sep 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
The Dotard now says the FBI should get involved in the Kavanaugh case. Another reversal by the pig due to the tremendous pressure from the American people. 39 days to go and Nov 6 on my mind.

Let's see how that plays out. I am glad that this matter can get the resolution it requires. If Brett is absolved then I wish him luck on the SC, if he's not then he shouldn't be allowed on the SC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 2:12am On Sep 29, 2018
LordReed:

Let's see how that plays out. I am glad that this matter can get the resolution it requires. If Brett is absolved then I wish him luck on the SC, if he's not then he shouldn't be allowed on the SC.
I still think he will end up in the Supreme Court and that's fine with me. My main problem is the Chief Racist himself who is appointing all these worthless people. The reason he did the FBI thing is the tremendous pressure being put on the republikkkans by the suburban women ( Soccer Moms ) and other Americans. We shall see how it plays out but if the FBI finds any dirt on him, he's a gonna.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 5:12am On Sep 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
I still think he will end up in the Supreme Court and that's fine with me. My main problem is the Chief Racist himself who is appointing all these worthless people. The reason he did the FBI thing is the tremendous pressure being put on the republikkkans by the suburban women ( Soccer Moms ) and other Americans. We shall see how it plays out but if the FBI finds any dirt on him, he's a gonna.

I don't think he will survive it. Some folks are saying the wise thing would be for him to withdraw his nomination so that the matter can be quenched. The GOP have a 1001 suitable candidates, look at Gorsuch, Democrats voted for him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (4126) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.