Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,977 members, 7,799,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1546516 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) ... (4119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:33am On Jul 21, 2021
DissTroy:

Really? But the textbook, singular definition of Critical Race Theory which is accepted by all states that everything must be viewed through a racial prism.

In your own words, Roy L. Brooks is very silly.

Thank you. smiley

What you posted does not mean "Insist that everything the black person faces, or deals with or has to do has to be viewed through a racial in decking".
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 8:46am On Jul 21, 2021
budaatum:

What you posted does not mean "Insist that everything the black person faces, or deals with or has to do has to be viewed through a racial in decking".

Budaatum, stop with the semantics. You should know better than that. The definition of CRT as stated and accepted by all means examining issues which concern the black person from a racial perspective. I even posted the screenshot.

I didn't define it - CRT proponents did.

You are Left-leaning doesn't mean you have to agree with everything they postulate - you have a right to think for yourself. That means you aren't lost like the Leftists on this thread.

I lean to the Right but I don't agree with the floating of platforms like Parler. I don't like echo boxes. Dissenting opinions are good and constructive debates help us become better humans so I'd stick with platforms like Twitter and Facebook (even though the moderation is biased mostly in favour of Leftist ideas).

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2021
DissTroy:

Budaatum, stop with the semantics. You should know better than that. The definition of CRT as stated and accepted by all means examining issues which concern the black person from a racial perspective. I even posted the screenshot.

"Stop with the semantics", or stop using my brain?

The definition above does not "Insist that everything the black person faces, or deals with or has to do has to be viewed through a racial in decking".
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 8:56am On Jul 21, 2021
budaatum:

"Stop with the semantics", or stop using my brain?

The definition above does not "Insist that everything the black person faces, or deals with or has to do has to be viewed through a racial in decking".

For the purpose of clarity, do explain this:

"Roy L. Brooks defined critical race theory in 1994 as "a collection of critical stances against the existing legal order from a race-based point of view".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory (Check the "Definition" subheading.)

Not from any other point of view from a race-based point of view. It's the definitive prism CRT is viewed from - race.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:06am On Jul 21, 2021
DissTroy:

For the purpose of clarity, do explain this:

"Roy L. Brooks defined critical race theory in 1994 as "a collection of critical stances against the existing legal order from a race-based point of view".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory (Check the "Definition" subheading.)

Not from any other point of view from a race-based point of view. It's the definitive prism CRT is viewed from - race.
What you posted does not "Insist that everything the black person faces, or deals with or has to do has to be viewed through a racial in decking".

"A critical stance" can and usually is one stance in many stances like, financial stance, motivational stance, opportunity stance, gender, sex, capability etc, and CRT can't possibly ignore them all.

You should not claim everything is blue just because you have put on blue glasses. Some may be wearing different coloured shades or have perfect sight..

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 9:16am On Jul 21, 2021
budaatum:

"A critical stance" can and usually is one stance in many stances like, financial stance, motivational stance, opportunity stance, gender, sex, capability etc,

Exactly! CRT examines all these stances - gender, education, finance, incarceration, family... - but from a racial perspective or racial prism.

For example, it postulates that the reason blacks are poorer is connected to institutional racism, or the institutional racism is responsible for black men getting incarcerated hence kids growing up without fathers.

It blames racism for it all.

It refuses to hold the black community responsible for its predisposition to gang violence or black-on-black crime or substance abuse or why black women lead the charts for abortion because it is overly subsidized for them. Need I go on?

CRT examines all issues but from a racial perspective.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 9:28am On Jul 21, 2021
DissTroy:

Exactly! CRT examines all these stances - gender, education, finance, incarceration, family... - but from a racial perspective or racial prism.

For example, it postulates that the reason blacks are poorer is connected to institutional racism, or the institutional racism is responsible for black men getting incarcerated hence kids growing up without fathers.

It refuses to hold the black community responsible for its predisposition to gang violence or black-on-black crime or substance abuse or why black women lead the charts for abortion because it is overly subsidized for them. Need I go on?

Even that maths debate we had was looking at the performance of minority groups from race base. If they fail it is because of racism and white supremacy.

Even when student refused to study its not their fault but racism and white supremacy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 9:44am On Jul 21, 2021
DissTroy:

Diss, CRT also has to consider a 'gender perspective' in its own right, and an education perspective, and a finance perspective, and incarceration perspective, family perspective, all in their own right and without racial input or prejudice. It must be done for comparative studies, and to have evidence of your racial claim and for respect by your peers for not doing shoddy research. Or can you not hear those on your side accusing those you claim "Insist that everything the black person faces, or deals with or has to do has to be viewed through a racial in decking", of being ignorant and institutionally racists themselves?

If CRT insists on what you say it does no one would give it the light of day because we are far too advanced and smart for "I'm broke because I'm black", and no one is really selling "you are broke because you are black", despite your rhetoric that they are, and even if they are selling it, then I'm sorry to say that the fool who buys it deserves it. Jussie Smollett has come to my mind, but he is rare.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2021
budaatum:

Diss, CRT also has to consider a 'gender perspective' in its own right, and an education perspective, and a finance perspective, and incarceration perspective, family perspective, all in their own right and without racial input or prejudice. It must be done for comparative studies, and to have evidence of your racial claim and for respect by your peers for not doing shoddy research. Or can you not hear those on your side accusing those you claim "Insist that everything the black person faces, or deals with or has to do has to be viewed through a racial in decking", of being ignorant and institutionally racists themselves?

If CRT insists on what you say it does no one would give it the light of day because we are far too advanced and smart for "I'm broke because I'm black", and no one is really selling "you are broke because you are black", despite your rhetoric that they are, and even if they are selling it, then I'm sorry to say that the fool who buys it deserves it. Jussie Smollett has come to my mind, but he is rare.

See? Actually, many people buy it. There is still racism just like there's always be tribalism but to what degree?

Sadly, most black people buy that narrative that they are held down by racism. I was debating an issue on The Economist's Facebook page the other day where one white woman was comparing her facial similarities to a sculpture she came across in Egypt.

The number of black Americans who attacked her for being supposedly racist was amusing while Africans including myself noted the similarities and agreed with her. The victimhood is shameful and has been indoctrinated into the very core of the average black American.
They think themselves gatekeepers of everything black even though Black Americans are the most xenophobic people on Earth to Africans on the continent.

Even the African Americans are very xenophobic and they'd be more likely to be prejudiced against you an African living in African than a Black Briton or Black European. It even happens on this thread.

Blacks believe the doctrinaire postulations of CRT and it's a good thing actions are being taken to curb its teaching.
benalvino3:

Even that maths debate we had was looking at the performance of minority groups from race base. If they fail it is because of racism and white supremacy.

Even when student refused to study its not their fault but racism and white supremacy

Oddly, they got Affirmative Action in return. Even though Affirmative Action cheats Asians who perform best at STEM than any other racial group.
It's alright when it favours blacks only.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 10:11am On Jul 21, 2021
Obrigrado/EnlightenedUFO, are you taking note of how Budaatum is arguing his points on CRT and the debates have been going on, focusing on the many issues or perspectives stemming from CRT without insults?

He didn't need to steal other people's articles from the internet or spend 4 hours compiling stolen work like you were doing yesterday. He's debating his points rationally.
No coon, cultist or neo-confederate slur.
Yet, like you, he's Left-leaning.

This is how to debate.

It's something you lack - decorum. And pseudo-intelligence is your stock-in-trade.

It's why you'd always be tagged a mental midget, along with Baba60+ who has sired illegitimate children all over the place.

Learn from your mental superiors, child!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by EnlightenedUFO: 10:28am On Jul 21, 2021
All Jared's tweets have gone. The trump crime syndicate is in panic mode.
We will get to know about the fraudulent middle East peace and the truth about the blockade on Qatar soon, either through the DOJ or leaks.
FYI criminal trump introduced Jared to the arrested Thomas Barrack in 2011 when Jared Kushner desperately needed a loan for his 666 building.
Also criminal trump floated the idea of making the billionaire Tom Barrack his Chief of staff in 2017.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by EnlightenedUFO: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2021
Foolish trump cultist and black man white-supremacist gatekeeper, I don't have time to waste on your bullshits.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:32am On Jul 21, 2021
DissTroy:

See? Actually, many people buy it. There is still racism just like there's always be tribalism but to what degree?

Sadly, most black people buy that narrative that they are held down by racism.
My UK perspective of race might jaundice my sight of course, but over here only losers buy the narrative of race holding them down. You can't do poorly at school and easily get away with "my teacher failed me because I'm black" or not get a job and shout "racist" unless you have evidence for your claim.

Your parents would take koboko to your backside if you tried the first - mine would have, and the school board would investigate; and no one would employ those who believed the second. We can after all identify it at the interview. Those who shift responsibility from themselves.

I think you overgeneralise. We black Brit Nigerians would tell you our race, our blackness, is a superior advantage wherever we go, which is why we walk with our heads tall, and I know other blacks the world over who feel the same and no one who thinks as you claim CRT says.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2021
The following is the consequence of your stance against what CRT is about. Its similar to Nigeria removing history from the curricula and to what made Adam a slave. You starve of knowledge so you can chain them to alimajerism, instead of trusting that most aren't stupid and are more valuable if they know more.

Texas Republicans apparently worried not enough people know they’re abject racists

So just to be clear, they‘ve passed a bill eliminating a requirement for public schools to teach students that the KKK and its white supremacist reign of terror were “morally wrong.” Yes, that’s right: They don‘t like the bad rap the Ku Klux Klan has been getting. Per HuffPo:

The cut is among some two dozen curriculum requirements dropped from the new measure, along with studying Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the works of United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragist movement, and Native American history. Critics say the state is promoting an “anti-civics” education.

Senate Bill 3—passed last Friday 18-4—drops most mentions of people of color and women from the state’s required curriculum. That includes eliminating a requirement that students be taught the “history of white supremacy, including but not limited to the institution of slavery, the eugenics movement, and the Ku Klux Klan, and the ways in which it is morally wrong.”

The new bill echoes language from last month’s law that bars teachers from requiring students to develop “an understanding” of the 1619 Project, which calls for a far more profound examination of the significance of slavery in American history. It also retains the language that teachers may not “be compelled” to discuss current events or “controversial issue[s] of public policy or social affairs” and that if they do, they can’t give “deference to any one perspective.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/07/donald-trump-friend-thomas-barrack-arrested
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2021
budaatum:
The following is the consequence of your stance against what CRT is about. Its similar to Nigeria removing history from the curricula and to what made Adam a slave. You starve of knowledge so you can chain them to alimajerism, instead of trusting that most aren't stupid and are more valuable if they know more.

You know the media and politicians are lying that Texas ban teaching that kkk is morally wrong right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
Timiofak:
I thought You people said KKK we're democrats na? Lmao

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2021
Hypocrites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
benalvino3:

You know the media and politicians are lying that Texas ban teaching that kkk is morally wrong right?
I hope its fake news, just as I know CRT teaching black people to blame whites is "media and politician are lying" too.

To be honest with you, I expect us here to be far beyond insulting each other with "the media and politicians are lying" since that ought to lead to the accepted assumption that one must do one's own research.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2021
The left and right media both reported it, but the son of perdition would continue to lie even when truth slaps it's ugly and devilish face.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2021
benalvino3:

Definitions of race

1. any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry.

2. a group within a species that is distinguishable (as morphologically, genetically, or behaviorally) from others of the same species

3. Race is socially constructed, not biologically natural.

From all this definition. Cancel out the one you disagree with and why.

Also, define what you think racism is.
Racism...

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

2. a belief that a race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences pproduce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

3. The system oppression to the social, economic and political advantage of another.

Also, systemic racism which is more or less of an issue today is seen as a deeply rooted prejudice, combined with institutional power and systemic oppression of certain groups of people."

Please cross out the things you disagree with and give me your take on the above.

I agreed with your definistions of race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
Livelystone01:

Racism...

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

2. a belief that a race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences pproduce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

3. [s]The system oppression to the social, economic and political advantage of another.[/s]

Also, systemic racism which is more or less of an issue today is seen as a deeply rooted prejudice, combined with institutional power and systemic oppression of certain groups of people."

Please cross out the things you disagree with and give me your take on the above.

I agreed with your definistions of race.

CRT argues that race is not biologically grounded and natural but is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of colour.

Is race biologically grounded or not?
Do you accept the CRT definition of race? If yes why? If not why not?

Why I crossed out number 3 is because it fell in line with crt definition of race. Notice he does not differentiate groups. This is more in line with the race is a social construct narrative. And if we go by this definition a racist is the oppressor towards the oppressed. According to crt whiteness is oppression and blackness is victim hood. If this is the case then someone like Obama can be racist because he was part of the system which they label whiteness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2021
Why does racism exist in Scotland?
For many hundreds of years, white British society has enjoyed a position of economic, social, and political power over non-white people in Britain and across the world through empire and colonialism and their after-effects. Although people in Scotland often know little about this history, the social attitudes that developed over this time are still present in our society. This is known as ‘white ideology’, or sometimes as ‘white supremacy’. The advantages that this still brings to white majority ethnic Scottish people are known as ‘white privilege’.
https://www.crer.scot/what-is-racism
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2021
budaatum:

My UK perspective of race might jaundice my sight of course, but over here only losers buy the narrative of race holding them down. You can't do poorly at school and easily get away with "my teacher failed me because I'm black" or not get a job and shout "racist" unless you have evidence for your claim.

Your parents would take koboko to your backside if you tried the first - mine would have, and the school board would investigate; and no one would employ those who believed the second. We can after all identify it at the interview. Those who shift responsibility from themselves.

I think you overgeneralise. We black Brit Nigerians would tell you our race, our blackness, is a superior advantage wherever we go, which is why we walk with our heads tall, and I know other blacks the world over who feel the same and no one who thinks as you claim CRT says.

I always agree with anyone who takes personal responsibility for their success or failures in life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
budaatum:

No, your perspective of taking the most blame for your fate is not jaundiced -it's right and normal.

I already stated Black Americans are guilty of this. Black Britons (which is odd as Britons aren't as race-obsessed as the Black Americans are so do not always use racial prefixes).

That CRT postulation is why Meghan Markle (a Black American) who has all her life been fighting her family and has been accused as a social climber with attitudinal issues (including co-actors) and has many failed relationships where she was the toxic one would easily blame her travails with the Royal Family or the British press on them being racist. She refused to take any blame for the fallout even though she has mountains of issues herself.
Guess those who still support her and call her "Queen" who is standing up to toxic whiteness? Yes, you guessed right - Black American and Leftist white saviours, of course.

Black Brits are more likely to fault her stance.

She has backing - Critical Race Theory dictates everything from her courtship to marriage was racially motivated against her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2021
budaatum:

Actually, most people are gullible. Maybe not stupid but easily impressed upon. Religion and the acceptance of religious excesses like fanaticism are some of such proofs that people are gullible. Preach CRT religiously for decades and the effects are the same - mindless sheep feeding on what they are being fed without questioning if it's toxic or not.

I believe Black History should taught but go beyond victimhood. Most Black Americans are ignorant about the world around them and Black History as a whole. Most don't know more than "our fathers used to be slaves and were imported from Africa".

Most don't even know the Hieroglyphics was formed and written by people with same woolly hair and brown skin as them.

Most don't even know their slave ancestors had cultures of literacy already before enslavement; like the Nsibidi writing system of the Akwa-Cross people, which was also adopted by their Igbo cousins from Arochukwu and beyond.

Most don't know who Mansa Musa was.

This is the black history they need to learn. Know the dark past but learn the good and hold your head high in pride.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
benalvino3:

CRT argues that race is not biologically grounded and natural but is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of colour.

Is race biologically grounded or not?
Do you accept the CRT definition of race? If yes why? If not why not?

Why I crossed out number 3 is because it fell in line with crt definition of race. Notice he does not differentiate groups. This is more in line with the race is a social construct narrative. And if we go by this definition a racist is the oppressor towards the oppressed. According to crt whiteness is oppression and blackness is victim hood. If this is the case then someone like Obama can be racist because he was part of the system which they label whiteness.
First of all I have said I'd never talk about the CRT because i don't understand what it is, I haven't even taken out time to check it out and I won't because it has become a political weapon.

Also, before I say more i want to ask if you understand or know that systemic racism exists in America.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2021
Livelystone01:

First of all I have said I'd never talk about the CRT because i don't understand what it is, I haven't even taken out time to check it out and I won't because it has become a political weapon.

Also, before I say more i want to ask if you understand or know that systemic racism exists in America.

Systematic racism was laws and policies put in place to keep blacks down. Today, modern day America has abolished those laws.

But if you know any systemic laws that discriminate against blacks list them out let's discuss it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2021
DissTroy:

Actually, most people are gullible. Maybe not stupid but easily impressed upon. Religion and the acceptance of religious excesses like fanaticism are some of such proofs that people are gullible. Preach CRT religiously for decades and the effects are the same - mindless sheep feeding on what they are being fed without questioning if it's toxic or not.

I believe Black History should taught but go beyond victimhood. Most Black Americans are ignorant about the world around them and Black History as a whole. Most don't know more than "our fathers used to be slaves and were imported from Africa".

Most don't even know the Hieroglyphics was formed and written by people with same woolly hair and brown skin as them.

Most don't even know their slave ancestors had cultures of literacy already before enslavement; like the Nsibidi writing system of the Akwa-Cross people, which was also adopted by their Igbo cousins from Arochukwu and beyond.

Most don't know who Mansa Musa was.

This is the black history they need to learn. Know the dark past but learn the good and hold your head high in pride.

Ironically, maga is America first, and not "Hieroglyphics was formed and written by people with same woolly hair and brown skin as them", nor "Nsibidi writing system of the Akwa-Cross people", or "who Mansa Musa was", and when we do teach that, which we do you just haven't noticed yet, you will claim we are telling people to go back to Arochukwu or something more absurd.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kendi Says Black Communities Are Considered High Crime Because ‘What Is Criminalized Has Historically Been Based On Race And Power’

CRT for you. Everything is about race and DissTroy keep saying it

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
Insidenaija:
Marcus Rashford has defended his off-field partnerships following claims that he profited from his campaigning, Newspremises reports.

The Manchester United and England star earned an MBE for his charitable efforts helping feed children in need throughout the last year-and-a-half.

Rashford called out the government on a number of occasions during the pandemic to ensure schoolchildren were given access to meals, which resulted in U-turns and a shift in policy, and he did a huge amount to raise funds for charity.

The forward, who was racially abused after missing a penalty in the final of Euro 2020, tweeted on Tuesday night that he had heard political magazine The Spectator was planning to run a story suggesting he has ‘benefitted commercially’ from his charity work and decided to speak against it.

"Just heard @spectator are planning to run a story on me tomorrow about how I have benefitted commercially in the last 18 months," Rashford tweeted.

"To clarify, I don't need to partner with brands. I partner because I want to progress the work I do off the pitch and most of any fee I would receive contributes to that.

"Last summer, 1.3M children had access to food support, through my relationship with Burberry children have a safe place to be after school where they will be fed, following the November investment vulnerable children have safe places to go this summer holiday, and due to my relationship with Macmillan 80,000 children now have a book to call their own.

"Do I have a larger commercial appeal following the u-turns? I'm sure. But I'm also a Manchester United and England international footballer. Why has there always got to be a motive? Why can't we just do the right thing?"

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/marcus-rashford-defends-his-charity-partnerships-over-claims-he-benefited-commercially/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
undecided lipsrsealed leftism

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
budaatum:

Ironically, maga is America first, and not "Hieroglyphics was formed and written by people with same woolly hair and brown skin as them", nor "Nsibidi writing system of the Akwa-Cross people", or "who Mansa Musa was", and when we do teach that, which we do you just haven't noticed yet, you will claim we are telling people to go back to Arochukwu or something more absurd.

No, I'm not or wouldn't accuse you of that.

I'm not talking about MAGA, or Trump any political affiliation at all. We are discussing about blacks and black issues i.e CRT and its effects. Let's not deviate, please.

Most descendants of the slaves (and I do not mean this disrespectfully as they were victims of mostly greed by their own kinsmen) think their ancestors were nothing before slavery.

Are you going to pretend it's not uncommon for Black Americans to say something dumb like, "Do they even have electricity or food in Africa?" Or ask Africans they interact with, "Do you own a hut of your own in Africa?" Or still think and address Africa like one expansive local government area.

Black Britons aren't that naive. That ignorance is why the average Black American, poor and half-literate as he is, thinks he is superior to every African living on the African continent.

You see that "sickly, hut-dwelling pauper" slur used on this thread to describe ALL Nigerians living on the continent is reminiscent of that ignorance-fueled xenophobia by Black Americans.

CRT teaches and glorifies victimhood.

For example, you'd say the South-South is a minority group. I am Ibibio, the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria, followed by the Ijaws. My people don't need to be as populated as the Yorubas or Hausas for them for us to lay our claim in the Nigerian fate.

I refuse to be addressed as a minority even if I were Tiv or Annang or Ekoi. That's where it starts - that minority mentality. Next, I start blaming the Yorubas or Hausas for any woe I encounter.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) ... (4119) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.