Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) (44711 Views)

The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society / Help! Family Planning Keeps Failing Us, She Is Pregnant Twice This Year / Little Boy Storms Out Of Family Gathering After Being Denied Swimming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Penboy: 2:05pm On May 17, 2018
5 girls and 3 boys.
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by duduade: 2:39pm On May 17, 2018
400billionman:
There is money in Nigeria. People just focus on the negatives just because there are so many negatives around Nigerians. Dare focus on the positives and you will belong to the lucky successful few in Nigeria. Meanwhile I love large families.

Looool...
So you won't mind having two dozen
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by ngwababe(f): 3:38pm On May 17, 2018
Angelfrost:

You won't be using such careless and misguided words if your family were average earners or within the poverty line. Has commonsense become so scarce these days, or the hunger for cheap likes has taken over??!

Calm down Bro,we ain't quarrelling and I never used any careless word though.
The way the lady sounded was as if she's been cajoled for having too many kids or she's feeling super woman for having 9kids. And I'm like, Anyways, it's ain't a big deal cause many woman has given birth to same or even more!
Na wa oooo
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by sisisioge: 4:10pm On May 17, 2018
She's defo not in Nigeria! She probably in a country where the kids get free education, medicals and even collect allowance!

I love seex all natural too but naija is a good birth control grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Martin0(m): 4:28pm On May 17, 2018
sisisioge:
She's defo not in Nigeria! She probably in a country where the kids get free education, medicals and even collect allowance!

I love seex all natural too but naija is a good birth control grin

abeg use protection oogrin
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by sisisioge: 5:06pm On May 17, 2018
Martin0:

abeg use protection oogrin

grin grin grin grin grin

Ayam a child of God tongue

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Sarang(f): 5:16pm On May 17, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

She is a Wife!! A Superhero!! A Nurse!! A Chauffer!! A Cook!! A Paramedic!! A Counselor!! A Referee!! Prayer Warrior!! And A Unapologetic Mother of 9!!!

Ur above question is not simple but foolish, try being reasonable next time.

I don hear.. but you are the foolish one, I asked what she does in a completely different context, which means after she had nine children, what does she do to not have kids anymore..Mr. reasonable
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Martin0(m): 5:20pm On May 17, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin grin
Ayam a child of God tongue
yeyegrin
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by dasparrow: 5:47pm On May 17, 2018
Elder001:

how do working ladies experience psychological abuse because they're not married?.. smh

In Nigeria, their women go through hell at the hands of Nigerian society. They are treated as if they have committed murder all because they are not married. Nigerian society is very toxic and weird.
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by dasparrow: 5:49pm On May 17, 2018
Reference:
Causing severe problems in Nigeria by over labouring our already hapless socio-economic system. And they will be the first to complain about the ill effects of overpopulation.

She is NOT a Nigerian. She is a black American.
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 17, 2018
dasparrow:

In Nigeria, their women go through hell at the hands of Nigerian society. They are treated as if they have committed murder all because they are not married. Nigerian society is very toxic and weird.

you can only go through hell if you allow people to treat you like hell

that's still not a reason to quit your career because of marriage.
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Adesolomon2014(m): 6:26pm On May 17, 2018
Sarang:

I don hear.. but you are the foolish one, I asked what she does in a completely different context, which means after she had nine children, what does she do to not have kids anymore..Mr. reasonable

If this is how you ask questions back in school, sorry his ya name. You need to go back to school in order to learn how to ask question in a reasonable way so you wont be misquote or misjudge.
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Rozaytee: 6:44pm On May 17, 2018
she try
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Sarang(f): 6:21am On May 18, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

If this is how you ask questions back in school, sorry his ya name. You need to go back to school in order to learn how to ask question in a reasonable way so you wont be misquote or misjudge.

Okay cheesy
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Psoul(m): 6:37am On May 18, 2018
Gerrard59:

But you'd agree with people who say so. It is a fact that people who procreate lots of children tend not take proper care of them.

At coloured: As much as I respect people's choices, it is these choices that breed agberos, criminals, abandoned children, poor productivity etc. At the end of the day, it is those that do not procreate irresponsibly that would be forced to pay for the societal damage gotten from people who procreate foolishly! Why should I be held responsible for another's irresponsibility when I'm not irresponsible?

At the post: Nothing wrong with people procreating the number of children they desire, but everything is wrong with procreating children they cannot take proper care of.

Who is selling this to u?

Can u prove that agberos, criminals etc are children from families where they are many. Who told you that a family that has one or two children always train the child or children very well and they don't venture into crime?

My dear I have seen many families that have just a child and the child became menace to the society. I have also seen where the child is well trained.
I have also seen a family of multiple children with perfect training even as adults, they still respect their poor uneducated parents. You could hardly see any of them getting involved in any illicit activity.
So what are u trying to tell me here.

Have u heard of John Wesley (founder f Methodist Church)? Have u read about her mother, Susanna Wesley? Take out time to read about them.

Good or bad upbringing is subject of how good or bad the parents are and not dependent on how many children that are available in the family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2018
Psoul:

Who is selling this to u?
Can u prove that agberos, criminals etc are children from families where they are many. Who told you that a family that has one or two children always train the child or children very well and they don't venture into crime?

It is far easier training fewer kids than a battalion. The effects are everywhere. I'm sure that families that have lots of children they cannot take proper care of tend to have the kids becoming a burden to the society. I'm also sure that the vast majority of child hawkers come from such families. Where the man is a peasant farmer and wife a petty trader; procreating 7 children! That is the height of foolishness.

The drop in parents’ income around childbirth can have major consequences for kids as well. Money matters for children’s development, even before children are born. Babies born into poverty are at a heightened risk for preterm birth (which is associated with long-term intellectual and developmental disabilities) and other negative outcomes. Inadequate family income is harmful for children—particularly young children—affecting their long-term social-emotional, cognitive, and academic outcomes even when controlling for other parental characteristics.

http://equitablegrowth.org/equitablog/having-a-child-comes-with-significant-financial-consequences/

http://blogs.worldbank.org/africacan/are-african-women-having-too-many-babies

Falling Fertility and its benefits by The Economist: https://www.economist.com/node/14744915

My dear I have seen many families that have just a child and the child became menace to the society. I have also seen where the child is well trained.
I have also seen a family of multiple children with perfect training even as adults, they still respect their poor uneducated parents. You could hardly see any of them getting involved in any illicit activity. So what are u trying to tell me here

An exception not the norm. Raising children is a harder job compared to procreating them. The costs of raising children properly is high, and families should procreate children they can take care of. This goes beyond respect, after all, the child hawker is doing same to his/her parents.

Have u heard of John Wesley (founder f Methodist Church)? Have u read about her mother, Susanna Wesley? Take out time to read about them.

Yet again, an exception not the norm.

Good or bad upbringing is subject of how good or bad the parents are and not dependent on how many children that are available in the family.

No, this is false. Properly raised children are subject to the resources the parents have, and is dependent on how many children they procreated. To an extent, having good parents count, but having bad parents procreating lots of children is the worse and smacks of irresponsibility. If your assertion is true (which is not), why has the proportion of criminals increased within the past years? Where do the recruits of Boko Haram members come from? How many children from families where they are brought in commensurate to the resources of their parents go on to become terrorists compared to those whose resources are lesser than the number of children?
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Psoul(m): 1:09pm On May 18, 2018
Gerrard59:

It is far easier training fewer kids than a battalion. The effects are everywhere. I'm sure that families that have lots of children they cannot take proper care of tend to have the kids becoming a burden to the society. I'm also sure that the vast majority of child hawkers come from such families. Where the man is a peasant farmer and wife a petty trader; procreating 7 children! That is the height of foolishness.

The drop in parents’ income around childbirth can have major consequences for kids as well. Money matters for children’s development, even before children are born. Babies born into poverty are at a heightened risk for preterm birth (which is associated with long-term intellectual and developmental disabilities) and other negative outcomes. Inadequate family income is harmful for children—particularly young children—affecting their long-term social-emotional, cognitive, and academic outcomes even when controlling for other parental characteristics.

http://equitablegrowth.org/equitablog/having-a-child-comes-with-significant-financial-consequences/

http://blogs.worldbank.org/africacan/are-african-women-having-too-many-babies

Falling Fertility and its benefits by The Economist: https://www.economist.com/node/14744915

An exception not the norm. Raising children is a harder job compared to procreating them. The costs of raising children properly is high, and families should procreate children they can take care of. This goes beyond respect, after all, the child hawker is doing same to his/her parents.

Yet again, an exception not the norm.

No, this is false. Properly raised children are subject to the resources the parents have, and is dependent on how many children they procreated. To an extent, having good parents count, but having bad parents procreating lots of children is the worse and smacks of irresponsibility. If your assertion is true (which is not), why has the proportion of criminals increased within the past years? Where do the recruits of Boko Haram members come from? How many children from families where they are brought in commensurate to the resources of their parents go on to become terrorists compared to those whose resources are lesser than the number of children?

All i read here are facts that cannot hold water, myopic assumptions and contractions of what you want to prove.

You have ended up telling us that anywhere we see untrained child, we should know that he/she is from a family where they are many children. Bros this is an unintelligent assumption.

You also said the case of John Wesley is an exceptional case. My dear, this statement contradicts ur statement that poorly trained children in the society are from a family where the children are many.

I see what u termed as training is limited to only parents bn able to provide all material needs of their children. Please know it that training a child goes beyond that. Ask questions if u are lost on that.
There are many children from poor parents and with many siblings and they were trained to be contented with whatever the parents can provide while they strive harder to better their future. There are also many "only" child in our society who the parents can afford any material need for the child. They are always there for the child. Sent him/her to the best school, still at the end the parents will regret having him/her. Do u doubt that?

You also affirmed that availability more than enough money is the only factor that guarantees proper upbringing of children. My brother, this is totally uneducated and blind assumption. You really need to change this believe. It is totally an assault sense of decent reasoning.

Finally, what you call many and hard to train for u might not be for the other person irrespective of his or her source of income.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 1:59pm On May 18, 2018
Psoul:

All i read here are facts that cannot hold water, myopic assumptions and contractions of what you want to prove.

You have ended up telling us that anywhere we see untrained child, we should know that he/she is from a family where they are many children. Bros this is an unintelligent assumption.

The vast majority not all*.

You also said the case of John Wesley is an exceptional case. My dear, this statement contradicts ur statement that poorly trained children in the society are from a family where the children are many.

The vast majority not all*. Paraphrasing: Children procreated to parents who cannot take adequate care of them are likely to be untrained compared to those who procreated to children they can take adequate care of.

I see what u termed as training is limited to only parents bn able to provide all material needs of their children. Please know it that training a child goes beyond that. Ask questions if u are lost on that.

I never claimed neither did I write that finance is the criterion to taking care of children. However, money not being a criterion, is an important aspect in bringing up a child properly. From quality education (which is not cheap anywhere); healthcare; exposure; nutrition; entertainment; emotional care (persons with the appropriate resources are more likely to be emotionally stable than the opposite) etc. These are provided when the financial resources are commensurate to the number of children procreated.

There are many children from poor parents and with many siblings and they were trained to be contented with whatever the parents can provide while they strive harder to better their future. There are also many "only" child in our society who the parents can afford any material need for the child. They are always there for the child. Sent him/her to the best school, still at the end the parents will regret having him/her. Do u doubt that?

No, I do not. However, it is yet again, an exception not the norm. Nigeria has a high poverty rate. If you are entirely correct (terms of the majority), the situation in the country won't be as it is. Regrets are subjective, but the present regret exhibits more from parents who procreated children they cannot take of properly.

You also affirmed that availability more than enough money is the only factor that guarantees proper upbringing of children. My brother, this is totally uneducated and blind assumption. You really need to change this believe. It is totally an assault sense of decent reasoning.

If I am to understand you here, you are saying I implied that money is the only factor? No, I did not.

Finally, what you call many and hard to train for u might not be for the other person irrespective of his or her source of income

This is my point. Good to know you agree with me. At the coloured: Not the source of income, but availability of required resources (of which income is a major part) - which is important for upbringing of children.

Furthermore, I earlier wrote: At the post: Nothing wrong with people procreating the number of children they desire, but everything is wrong with procreating children they cannot take proper care of.

The bold is dependent on resources which dependent on the number of children.
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Ishilove: 3:28am On May 19, 2018
This can't be healthy
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Tbaby4real(f): 11:18am On May 19, 2018
Elder001:

travel out of which country? do you think everybody you see on nairaland is a local man/woman.
I didn't even complete my studies in Nigeria.

now to your words, you can't blame me.

housewife is a full time job? so a sensible and ambitious lady will gladly quit her career because of marriage?.. only lazy ladies do such

Nobody pays women just to take care of home (that was then.. many men that used to do such have stopped)

No reasonable man will even allow his wife to be a full time housewife in this era.

On the contrary, if you give birth in Finland you could get up to 3 years maternity leave and child care allowance to take care of your child.
Though, I do not support women quitting their career for child breeding. Any woman should be ready to take responsibilities should something happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Hybridz: 5:51pm On May 19, 2018
gazmann:

Some people stay at home and have hundreds of million in investment working for them. Life is not a 9 to 5 affair
You dey mind that guy,him be learner now.He think say to make money na by to commot for house everytime.
Re: Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 19, 2018
Tbaby4real:

On the contrary, if you give birth in Finland you could get up to 3 years maternity leave and child care allowance to take care of your child.
Though, I do not support women quitting their career for child breeding. Any woman should be ready to take responsibilities should something happen.

Some women are just lazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) / 19-year-old Boy Won N38 Million Bet ,his Father Insists He Return The Money / Woman Who Suffered To Give Birth To A 4.2kg Baby Celebrated By Brother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.