Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

“i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi (804 Views)

Happy Birthday To The Greatest Footballer In History #messi / The First Player In History! Messi Scores In 15 Consecutive UCL Seasons / Kanu Nwankwo: I'm Not Interested In Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by Nairatrenders: 6:19am On May 17, 2018
Barcelona star, Lionel Messi has stated that he has no interest in being considered the best in football history.

Messi has edged his way up to measure up to great players in history, with many considering the forward to have reached that echelon.

The Argentine captain has won nine La Liga titles, four Champions League crowns, five Ballons d’Or and scored 552 goals for Barcelona in his career so far but insisted that he has never been driven by the pursuit for individual honours.

The Barca number 10, however, maintained that he never set out to secure individual accolades and plaudits.

“I’m not interested in being the best in history,”Messi told TyC Sports

“I have never suggested that; not being the first, or the second, third or fourth.

“Every time I start a season, I try to improve myself, win everything, leave everything every time I go out to the pitch, give the maximum for my teammates and for myself.

“It does not change anything to be the best in history.”

Messi added: “I always want to improve myself and I do not compete with anyone because I do not play to be the best in history but to improve myself year after year and to keep winning.”

Asked on what he still hopes to achieve, Messi responded: “Obviously winning the World Cup with the national team would be the best because nothing has been given to us.”

Recall that Messi has already helped Barca to win LaLiga title and Copa del Rey double this season, with his eyes now set on international honours with Argentina at 2018 World Cup in Russia.

SOURCE- https://nairatrend.com.ng/im-not-interested-in-being-the-best-in-history-messi/

Read more interesting articles on http://nairatrend.com.ng

#Nairatrend

Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by xreal: 6:19am On May 17, 2018
Chai!
This wizard.

If you like, don't be interested.... You are already.

1 Like

Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by juanjo2: 6:21am On May 17, 2018
Some people will start shouting CR7.... please who notice the difference between Messi and C Rinaldo
LIKE if u think Messi is a natural play maker and SHARE for CR7 who walks day and night to be like messi

5 Likes

Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by Ournews: 6:22am On May 17, 2018
xreal:
Chai!
This wizard.

If you like, don't be interested.... You are already.

Lolz you want force am??
Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by Oritzy: 6:25am On May 17, 2018
Okay
Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:26am On May 17, 2018
King Leo!!
Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by xreal: 6:27am On May 17, 2018
Ournews:
Lolz you want force am??

It's like a governor saying he is not interested being the number 1 citizen of a state.

1 Like

Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by thesicilian: 6:51am On May 17, 2018
You can't be the best in history even if you try. Xavi and Iniesta made you look so spectacular with their assistance and without them in your national team you have proven to be just like everyone else.

1 Like

Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by HumbleBoy21: 7:02am On May 17, 2018
thesicilian:
You can't be the best in history even if you try. Xavi and Iniesta made you look so spectacular with their assistance and without them in your national team you have proven to be just like everyone else.
sharrap tdude you don't know anything.. Nigga is still king without iniesta and xavi.

Your MCM know nothing aside tapping in goals.

5 Likes

Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by Nobody: 7:06am On May 17, 2018
thesicilian:
Bro, from which continent did you originate from, it is certainly not this our planet earth. This guy is second to none, a individual that single handedly took Argentina to three national team finals (Agreed he was not lucky enough to win any) but haba, this guy is one player who is independent of anybody and would always complement your contribution towards goal. Abeg Messi deserves some Accolades

5 Likes

Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by Neimar: 8:20am On May 17, 2018
thesicilian:

penaldo fan spotted

2 Likes

Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by thesicilian: 9:04am On May 17, 2018
Neimar:

penaldo fan spotted
You mean, the hard-working Cristiano Ronaldo fan?
Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by thesicilian: 9:11am On May 17, 2018
sirevee:
Bro, from which continent did you originate from, it is certainly not this our planet earth. This guy is second to none, a individual that single handedly took Argentina to three national team finals (Agreed he was not lucky enough to win any) but haba, this guy is one player who is independent of anybody and would always complement your contribution towards goal. Abeg Messi deserves some Accolades
How do you give him alone all the credit for his team getting to three national team finals, then blame luck for his not winning it? Your argument is flawed.
Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by Nairatrenders: 10:05am On May 17, 2018
shocked
Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 17, 2018
thesicilian:

How do you give him alone all the credit for his team getting to three national team finals, then blame luck for his not winning it? Your argument is flawed.
Interesting, I'd rather not continue this argument

1 Like

Re: “i’m Not Interested In Being The Best In History” – Messi by kenzysmith: 2:33pm On May 18, 2018
sirevee:
Interesting, I'd rather not continue this argument
that guy no get ......sense at all leave am

(1) (Reply)

5 Records That Might Be Broken At FIFA World Cup 2018 In Russia / Women Final Between FC Robo Queens And Young Talents 99 / WORLD Cup:the Miraculous Rise Of Francis Uzoho; Nigeria's Goalkeeping Giant @19.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.