Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor (9033 Views)

If Your Class Is Full Of Pretty Girls,just Know You're Studying A Useless Course / To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) / LASU Vice Chancellor Receives Riot From Students As Birthday Gift (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by mralincore20: 7:49am On May 17, 2018
I knw wat he means...he needs money for it
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by BAVOSKI(m): 7:49am On May 17, 2018
What do you expect him to say?when he graduated with 2 2 or when he bought his result with bribe.....Bleep dah shit
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Seandisputed(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2018
Look at this man sef
Which school e come dey easy?
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 7:55am On May 17, 2018
Certificates that the students can't defend?
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by CodeTemplar: 8:00am On May 17, 2018
HigherEd:
This is the problem of Nigerian higher education. The lecturers are glorifying themselves in how difficult it is to get a first class in their university, Instead of glorifying the quality of knowledge passed.

An average UK university has 25% First class in each graduating set, yet the knowledge passed on to students is incredible.

When I enrolled at CU, the university told us it was possible to achieve excellent results if we desired to. Every single year the university would work assiduously to ensure that the conditions were optimum for learning. Each time students fail massively the university questions it's own role in it and adjust when necessary.
Our brethren from the other side want us to believe the school (Covenant) just award cheap degree out like that. The funny thing is that the world is fast becoming a global village.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by israelmao(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2018
Nigerians study abroad and get first class in many universities,many that got second class upper in Nigerian public universities found themselves in that class because of some sadist lecturers who frustrated their efforts.Some lecturers do it for antagonism while some just enjoy doing it because they like to see students suffer (sadists).

1 Like

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Taiwo20(m): 8:02am On May 17, 2018
2.2 sef no be beans Abi no be LASU
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by cooljoe(m): 8:07am On May 17, 2018
in my school 2.2 is not cheap, let alone 2.1. first class - for what? who is ur fada? my school has never produced a 1st class in my dept, yet 4years consecutively, produced a 1st class in law school - d highest awardee in law school history is from my school, Nd I'm sure she won't have left dat skool wit more dan a 2.2/2.1
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by LandOwners: 8:40am On May 17, 2018
We are Lasu... We are proud..!
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by NoToPile: 8:45am On May 17, 2018
deepwater:
Lol

Mr. VC u all should stop this mentality and focus on security instead.

Your students introduced cultism to the school environment as they live off campus with idle Nigerians due to non provision of school halls.

Today, what is being experienced in the whole OJO local government is very saddening. The media is not telling the story. We all had about ikorodu and baddo. The world is not aware that that is a child's play compared to what is going on in OJO LGA.

Drive by shooting every week, kids less than 25 are being dropped on a weekly basis, people come in to the street in broad day light to kill someone in a saloon and walk away, a certain group writes to another informing them of the havoc and time they are coming. The hit is executed, life wasted and nobody is saying anything?

Kids don't go through their 23 years bd in that axis no more, from IBA estate, down to campus gate, okokomaiko and iyana isashi has become just like Rio de Janeiro in the 1970s.

Please wake up, the future leaders are dying in that area.

It is only in Nigeria that I have seen so much uneducated people leaving around a university,

I believe all these happened years back as far back as pre- 2005 when LASU was LASU.

Security was tight during my time in LASU, cultism was almost non existent during husseins time as VC, You could stay in SL EDU at night to read if there's light which was an unspoken taboo because of security issues.

I have lived in that axis for almost 20 years and was very frequent in LASU even as a secondary school student in command Ojo even before I got admission. I still live around that side now years later and it's not even close to what was obtainable before.

Presently the story is quite different except the pre- 2005 LASU is back.

If you are saying the ripple effect of the years of strong cultism in LASU is still felt around ojo, I may agree but it's not as terrible as you stated it, it was far worse those years.

1 Like

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by monex(m): 8:45am On May 17, 2018
Alejoc:

Stands them out of the crowd!

doesnt at all.

in the job market, we dont care. First class is first class.
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by nairavsdollars(f): 9:11am On May 17, 2018
Glorified secondary school
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by tobillionaire(m): 9:16am On May 17, 2018
deepwater:
Lol

Your students introduced cultism to the school environment as they live off campus with idle Nigerians due to non provision of school halls.

Today, what is being experienced in the whole OJO local government is very saddening. The media is not telling the story. We all had about ikorodu and baddo. The world is not aware that that is a child's play compared to what is going on in OJO LGA.

Drive by shooting every week, kids less than 25 are being dropped on a weekly basis, people come in to the street in broad day light to kill someone in a saloon and walk away, a certain group writes to another informing them of the havoc and time they are coming. The hit is executed, life wasted and nobody is saying anything?

Kids don't go through their 23 years bd in that axis no more, from IBA estate, down to campus gate, okokomaiko and iyana isashi has become just like Rio de Janeiro in the 1970s.

It is only in Nigeria that I have seen so much uneducated people leaving around a university,
spot on.... you must be living in that area
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Dembuk2009: 9:19am On May 17, 2018
Alejoc:
Not cheap in any public unive
rsity Sir!

He spoke for his school!
Speak for urs!!!!!
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 9:25am On May 17, 2018
HigherEd:
This is the problem of Nigerian higher education. The lecturers are glorifying themselves in how difficult it is to get a first class in their university, Instead of glorifying the quality of knowledge passed.

An average UK university has 25% First class in each graduating set, yet the knowledge passed on to students is incredible.

When I enrolled at CU, the university told us it was possible to achieve excellent results if we desired to. Every single year the university would work assiduously to ensure that the conditions were optimum for learning. Each time students fail massively the university questions her own role in it and adjust when necessary. And I am very proud of that system.

How do you 'produce' people who can revolutionize the nation when all you teach them is limitations and continually advocate for the status quo. How about telling them what they can achieve if they belief and work hard enough...

State owned universities are notorious for this act. I should inform you that this poor statistics is not deliberate, it only shows that the system over there is not just working. It could be that the university admits more than it can carter for, like it is in most state schools or there is another major issue that should urgently be addressed.

In Olabisi Onabanjo University for example, making above 4.0 in one's first year is almost impossible. This is largely due to the pool of students being admitted without a working system in place to conduct examinations. Sometimes, an exam slated for 8 am may not take place up until evening while the students remain under the sun waiting in turn to write their exams. You're likely to have 15 minutes for 50 statistics questions which would include a lot of complete correlation and regression with grouped data questions. You're likely going to have no choice than to predict you answers. This is done in other hasten your exam and send you out for others to replace you.

I believe there should be a check on state owned schools and a complete clamp down on school that admit more than their admission quota by NUC. Other than that, this issue wouldn't stop raising its ugly head.

1 Like

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by aribisala0(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2018
HigherEd:

When I enrolled at CU, the university told us it was possible to achieve excellent results if we desired to. Every single year the university would work assiduously to ensure that the conditions were optimum for learning. Each time students fail massively the university questions her own role in it and adjust when necessary. And I am very proud of that system.

How do you 'produce' people who can revolutionize the nation when all you teach them is limitations and continually advocate for the status quo. How about telling them what they can achieve if they belief and work hard enough...
I do not see anything wrong in saying 1st class is not cheap. There is a context to everything so without knowing the full context it is unfair and unwise to superimpose your own sorrows on to the situation

1 Like

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Sammy555(m): 10:11am On May 17, 2018
deepwater:
Lol

You're talking trash madam, I'm a lasuite and I live in Ojo, nothing like that happens, maybe back in the days though not since the current VC took over
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Kaysalas(m): 10:19am On May 17, 2018
Adegbenro7643:
Point:

He didn't really mean that having 'First class' in LASU is never sure.

You just have to work hard for ittongue
No, you all don't seem to get him nor understand the reality on ground.
As a lasu product that I am( not very proud to say this) I can tell you that what he actually meant is that; if you nor fit buy all the hogwash but very expensive handouts per course per symmester per year, you nor fit get First Class O! Read all you can, na den go still mark your paper.
Add up the cost for all these books, then you know first class ISNT CHEAP. yeye people

2 Likes

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by SAMBARRY: 10:21am On May 17, 2018
HigherEd:

exactly. You have said it all
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2018
HigherEd:

Oga leave all this bastards humans wat is special in the ist class self...instead of educating guys for positive actions all u see is useless sadistic torture..... No wonder d black Society ll always be down nonsense
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by ChidiAlaigbo: 11:15am On May 17, 2018
immhotep:

but, but, but . . .Lagos is 51% Igbo already na. . . grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga shalomc pointzerom iceberg3 madridguy buhariguy

Ok ....Oya declare lagos state igboland or igbo state.....Oya now abi wetin you dey wait for....eyin yeastern refugee

Cc Immhotep lzaa onyeoga

1 Like

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by LZAA: 11:38am On May 17, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Ok ....Oya declare lagos state igboland or igbo state.....Oya now abi wetin you dey wait for....eyin yeastern refugee

Cc Immhotep lzaa onyeoga

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Gerrard59(m): 11:43am On May 17, 2018
HigherEd:

Thank you very much.

Imperial College had 44% of students graduating with a first in 2016. Is LASU better than Imperial? undecided

1 Like

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Gerrard59(m): 11:46am On May 17, 2018
cooljoe:
In my school 2.2 is not cheap, let alone 2.1. first class - for what? who is ur fada? my school has never produced a 1st class in my dept, yet 4years consecutively, produced a 1st class in law school - d highest awardee in law school history is from my school, Nd I'm sure she won't have left dat skool wit more dan a 2.2/2.1

Please which school is this?
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 17, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Cc Immhotep lzaa onyeoga
The matter dry pain you abi grin

Cc shalomc Madridguy Bamoski itsmeaboki Buhariguy pointzerom
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by SoldierBoy1(m): 1:26pm On May 17, 2018
HigherEd:

I tell you Bro, even at Landmark, you are given the best and expected to turn out well academically. Once the learning system is very good, students would surely do well.

1 Like

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by deepwater(f): 1:42pm On May 17, 2018
tobillionaire:
spot on.... you must be living in that area

No I don't stay there, I actually have my intels on every where

1 Like

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Kaysalas(m): 4:24pm On May 17, 2018
Adegbenro7643:
Point:

He didn't really mean that having 'First class' in LASU is never sure.

You just have to work hard for it:PIf truly this is what it means,,,,then it's not fair at all. I thought he was just trying to (1) encourage the students to study harder (2) tell the masses their students aren't half-baked regardless of their results.

Thanks
Nice one bro, but as I have learnt here on NAIRALAND;
Who nor go, no know. Cheers tongue

1 Like

Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by cooljoe(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2018
Gerrard59:

Please which school is this?
university of abuja. dam dat law faculty is cray. d one boy who was on course to finsh wit a 1st died. e b like say even nature no dey support. ol tru my five years, d whole skol combine n produce pass 3 1st class- law didn't prduce b4 I came, didn't yle I was there, I'm yet to hear odawise
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by Gerrard59(m): 9:47pm On May 17, 2018
cooljoe:
university of abuja. dam dat law faculty is cray. d one boy who was on course to finsh wit a 1st died. e b like say even nature no dey support. ol tru my five years, d whole skol combine n produce pass 3 1st class- law didn't prduce b4 I came, didn't yle I was there, I'm yet to hear odawise

Thanks. Now, I see why a popular Nlder studying Law in the school attacks first class graduates.

Thanks again.
Re: At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor by semasir: 6:11pm On May 19, 2018
I may be wrong but your judgement on LASU and Ọjọ́ isn't true. There is next to nothing like cultism I'm LASU as at now, I've not heard of such killings in Ọjọ́ either as I have people I can handily hear from there.

The express road is the biggest threat I've seen on that road - the Badagry axis in particular. I graduated from LASU years ago and I have visited a few times and the infrastructure has greatly improved though there is always need to do better.

Like I said, I may be wrong but Ọjọ isn't as you just claimed and I stand corrected too.

deepwater:
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. / Anambra State Students Win Gold At International Debate Championship / ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.