Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release (1657 Views)

FIFA 24 Rebrands As EA FC 24 / Fifa 16 Mod Ea Sports Fc 24 Android Free Download / EA To Remove All Russian Clubs & The National Team From FIFA 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release by Stancity(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2018
EA Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wilson has revealed that the game-publisher may bring an end to annual releases of their hottest sports titles, FIFA.

The company is not planning to end production of the game series but rather wants to move towards subscription-based content and online updates - making the yearly trip to your local supermarket, or Amazon a thing of the past.

For FIFA, this would work in the mould of squad updates following a hefty transfer window and the ability to kick around in the latest kits.

"There's a world where it gets easier and easier to move that code around, where we may not have to do an annual release" said Wilson, speaking to Bloomberg. "We can really think about those games as a 365-day, live service."

Re: EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release by Nobody: 8:37am On May 18, 2018
Hmmmmm....

This smells like troubbbbleeee

1 Like

Re: EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release by chubbyman(m): 8:16pm On May 18, 2018
Makes sense,as long as the updates file size aren't too big,I'm down

1 Like

Re: EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release by Nobody: 11:34am On May 20, 2018
Makes absolute sense....Squad, kits et al update all in one tap
Re: EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:09pm On May 20, 2018
Far more better! Good news really. I have fifa 16 and 17 useless cos I don't play them anymore...

Gta 5 was released over 5years ago and it's still high grossing
Re: EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release by JoseRaji(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2018
I had to uninstall my FIFA 17 (that I bought from Origin) because I wasn't getting people to play with online there. Got FIFA 18 tho... But the announcement of FIFA 19 gives me chills... Someone will have to throw away this 18 as usual. Welcome development
Re: EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release by crafteck(m): 7:17am On Jun 15, 2018
It ends up being the same or more expensive for consumers, the updates and dlc wont ve free, they've been giving us same game year in year out, only small gameplay adjustment and paid adverts/reviews and they charge another $60
Re: EA Looks To End FIFA Annual Release by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2018
It's good news, I love it

(1) (Reply)

Pls!!! Help Unable To Download Dream League Soccer 2018 In My Phone / Mortal Kombat 11 Official Announce Trailer... WOW! / What Is The Satta King Game?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.