Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Family House - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family House (30389 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Should I Renovate Our Family House? / Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family House by macjurek(m): 12:32pm On May 19, 2018
Women being what they are prefer to live out of the husband family but their family is no disturbance.

Please let her understanding you, or else she have someone pressuring her to act like this.

Cheers
Re: Family House by Mrjo(m): 12:42pm On May 19, 2018
benzics:
Just a piece of advice.

First off, Marriage isn't everything, in fact marriage is not an achievement, I don't know the fuss about marriage in this part of the world.

Secondly, please never think of settling down and raising kids when you know you are not living comfortably yourself, don't bring kids into these world to suffer just because you want to feel among the married..

Lastly, work on yourself first, it's never too late, make yourself comfortable, and by that I mean move out of your parents' house, then you can then think of settling down..

I'm just 19, and I'm tired of living with my parents.. You should too wink
trust me, is ut immoral lifestyle that is making u tired of ur parents house if u ar in same page with them u will enjoy it, cos basic things are been taken care of

2 Likes

Re: Family House by ohiku4every1(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2018
Skepticus:

Send me the bitch's number.
I love her type.
Never will I be part of ur mother's death Never
Re: Family House by ImaIma1(f): 12:49pm On May 19, 2018
benzics:
Just a piece of advice.

First off, Marriage isn't everything, in fact marriage is not an achievement, I don't know the fuss about marriage in this part of the world.

Secondly, please never think of settling down and raising kids when you know you are not living comfortably yourself, don't bring kids into these world to suffer just because you want to feel among the married..

Lastly, work on yourself first, it's never too late, make yourself comfortable, and by that I mean move out of your parents' house, then you can then think of settling down..

I'm just 19, and I'm tired of living with my parents.. You should too wink

I don't think you have any life experience to qualify you to give advice for an important issue like this.

Your view about marriage is still developing. As you grow older, you will understand it better.

1 Like

Re: Family House by Mcy56(f): 12:49pm On May 19, 2018
isaacsegun:
kudos to you for this ur candid advice!!! can't believe a Lady can come out clean on issue like this as you have done.
Wa gbayi jor! cool
Re: Family House by Mcy56(f): 12:53pm On May 19, 2018
selfmadeboss:
WTF is wrong with u hypocrites. Dude said Jesus has been in his father's house for more than 2000 years and she was disputing it. As an agnostic I wanted to know if he was saying the truth and you are here spewing shit about supreme beings.
.......and did you or did you not read 'erroneous' in my mention?
Be deceiving yourself about your selfmade there, thinking you actually made yourself to be who you are. undecided
Re: Family House by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:54pm On May 19, 2018
CastedAyo:
Yes, I'm 18 and feel like leaving my parents house already.

Bro that urge had being in me all this while. Just finished service last month and when I returned home, already seeing myself to have moved to my own apartment. Am not comfortable staying with them again
Re: Family House by nex(m): 12:58pm On May 19, 2018
1. Dump the chick
2. Get well soon
3. Double your hustle
4. Do whatever you like with your money.

I live in a family house too. 2 bedroom apartment. Even though I can afford to go rent a place, why should I? I can save about N750,000 annually, and I don't have landlord problems.

4 Likes

Re: Family House by newoffer: 1:02pm On May 19, 2018
dgagar:
You didn't say your age or qualification so it's difficult to advise in that regard.

am a hustler and bricklayer. my age is 28 and my girlfriend also 28. and all her younger once had married with kids. that's why she's disturbing me too.

thanks alot for your precious time. I really appreciate it. God bless you
. She is desperate because all her siblings are married. Brother, love is not beans o. it is pure responsibility.
You need to be fit medically before venturing into anything called Marriage.
Women are jealous creature. your Marriage will not last if date marry her in ur mum place. women envy themselves like kilode.
Move away from that environment and go start up your family. Tha t alone can earn u the respect u deserve.
Privacy is very important. Wake up Bro. u can pick up security job to raise fund for accommodation.

Marriage no be joke o. She is rushing u now, she won't tolerate u if u cannot provide for her. Don't let anyone deceive you.
Re: Family House by newoffer: 1:06pm On May 19, 2018
dantrillion:
Honestly is not cool living in ur parent house and get marry at dsame tyme but when it comes to ur situation ; my candid advise is for u to suspend dat marriage fever and fix ur life first. if she can't wait for u then she is not meant for u... Women can be frustrating and pain in d ass when it comes to marriage anxiety. Pray hard and work hard and then find ur own apartment n settle down with d rihht woman if she is anyway..... Good luck!
. U said it all. Women are the ones desperately looking for marriage. if u cannot meet up they will start relishing history on you. Don't let any woman force you into Marriage. it is very expensive. because unknown expenses is more than the known.

1 Like

Re: Family House by frankotele(m): 1:07pm On May 19, 2018
CAPITAL NO! except by a Devine command like the case of Abraham
Re: Family House by newoffer: 1:09pm On May 19, 2018
Mrjo:
trust me, is ut immoral lifestyle that is making u tired of ur parents house if u ar in same page with them u will enjoy it, cos basic things are been taken care of
. women are like electricity, they spark at any given time. if u want peace don't live in ur parent house.
Re: Family House by Mcy56(f): 1:11pm On May 19, 2018
mrkel:
it now leads me to the question, why do women like dreading their mother-inlaw?
My dear dont even go there. This is another topic on its own. Some mother-in-laws are terrible. I dont know why it is so actually, they'll just be hating on their son's wife for no just cause.

Let me site an instance of a cousin here: Her MIL just hated her, not because she didnt procreate, not because she's not homely or enterprising or possess good characters but simply because she's not the chubby type. There's nothing she would do that will be right in her sight despite that they dont live together. MIL will be telling her that her son has not gotten a wifey yet.......... and so on and so forth.

The question is: how would they feel if their own daughter is treated as such?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family House by Monsieur4u: 1:17pm On May 19, 2018
dgagar:
You didn't say your age or qualification so it's difficult to advise in that regard.

am a hustler and bricklayer. my age is 28 and my girlfriend also 28. and all her younger once had married with kids. that's why she's disturbing me too.

thanks alot for your precious time. I really appreciate it. God bless you
Sorry yo say this YOU ARE STILL A MALE NOT YET A MAN if u still there with ur parents.
Re: Family House by newoffer: 1:20pm On May 19, 2018
oyeb15:
my girlfriend now my wife made me leave my dads house. it was very difficult then. no job,no money, i try so hard to rent a room outside despite my dad big house. Today, am grateful for dat huge decision cos it changed my life for good
. It makes u feel responsible when you can pay your bills . Family house will make u less responsible

1 Like

Re: Family House by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:25pm On May 19, 2018
Mcy56:

My dear dont even go there. This is another topic on its own. Some mother-in-laws are terrible. I dont know why it is so actually, they'll just be hating on their son's wife for no just reason.

Let me site an instance of a cousin here: Her MIL just hated her, not because she didnt procreate, not because she's not homely or enterprising or possess good characters but simply because she's not the chubby type. There's nothing she would do that will be right in her sight despite that they dont live together. MIL will be telling her that her son has not gotten a wife yet.......... and so on and so forth.

The question is: how would they feel if their own daughter is treated as such?
There are some ladies that hate their MILs and husbands' family for no reason. Most MILs see the DILs as a rival especially, if the son is the breadwinner of the family, with time they will settle their differences. My aunt once experienced such thing from her late MIL, every week they do have issue, but her MIL was a blessing in disguise to them, because she takes of her kids when she goes to work. When she died, my aunt cried.
Re: Family House by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 19, 2018
nex:
1. Dump the chick
2. Get well soon
3. Double your hustle
4. Do whatever you like with your money.

I live in a family house too. 2 bedroom apartment. Even though I can afford to go rent a place, why should I? I can save about N750,000 annually, and I don't have landlord problems.

Re: Family House by GuntersChain(m): 1:28pm On May 19, 2018
na condition make crayfish bend, if the moni yakpa you for no dey ur family house, tell iyawo make she cam down say e go beta. each man get him own timeline. just dey do ur work jejely with passion, as brick layer still try dey pursue small contract like plastering and fence work dat fit still boost ur income.

1 Like

Re: Family House by dgagar(m): 1:30pm On May 19, 2018
But i heard u say she's 28 and still learning handwork. What has she been doing all this while? Slaying around? Hmmm gudluk to both of you though [/quote]

she just through with her ND program last year. so she decided to go for learning hand work before she further.
Re: Family House by jimcaddy(m): 1:30pm On May 19, 2018
Bros it is totally wrong to bring your wife into your family house. It doesn't speak of you being a man... You are lucky that you don't come from a polygamous family where you have a lot of siblings. They'll just frustrate you and your wife. They'll put their noses into your business all the time. They'll find every fault in your wife. Afterall, its their parent's house too. So save up some money. Or you both should come together to save up some money and go rent a nice place away from your family house.. You need to protect your wife all the time from your family members.
Re: Family House by talk2percy(m): 1:34pm On May 19, 2018
1forall:
My advice, and I will go straight to the points, no psyches:

Make your health your number 1 priority at this time.

If your girlfriend is adding to your stress with your health condition then she's not the one for you.

Focus your effort on getting your life together - health and job. You didn't say your age or qualification so it's difficult to advise in that regard.

Stay in your mother's house as you can't afford your own place yet - I don't think your Mum wants you out.

The girl is a liability, drop her like she's hot. Now! If as a girlfriend she's giving you this level of pressure, believe me, you won't enjoy being married to her.

My candid advice.
Gbam! Bros, which one be ur brand make I order in cartons. Can u imagine how insensitive some ladies can be She's not in his life to help or build. Guy wise up
Re: Family House by fastlane84: 1:36pm On May 19, 2018
fear of village people is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Family House by ipodstinks: 1:37pm On May 19, 2018
yettymuse:
This country hard sha. Pele Op may God make it easy for you. Tell iyawo to camdan! Na we women go push you enter fire, na we go still ask you whether you blind... We are awesome like that.

Don't forget to profess and always assure her of your undeniable love. It is wrong and inhumane to marry a woman in your family house. Let her know that apart from oko (preek) na Owo (money) them dey use measure husband material.

I hope say una never dey kparove sha grin.. I wish you all the Best
We men know that you women can nag and be a constant pain. That why we never underestimated una strengths.
Re: Family House by metrad(m): 2:11pm On May 19, 2018
Some people no dy get shame , but for me oooo,its totally wrong ... and i cant do such
Re: Family House by deebrain(m): 2:11pm On May 19, 2018
It's one of the blessings a person can live for his children.

There is no problem living in such.

But please, hustle to also have your own so that your children will appreciate your life

1 Like

Re: Family House by CastedAyo: 2:14pm On May 19, 2018
uuzba:

Feeling?
It is never too early to leave.
Go now now. Pack and start paying your own rent. Don't waste time on NL telling us about "Feeling".

You can't afford to pay house rent doesn't mean I can't. Seems you're broke in your 18s
Re: Family House by CastedAyo: 2:15pm On May 19, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

Bro that urge had being in me all this while. Just finished service last month and when I returned home, already seeing myself to have moved to my own apartment. Am not comfortable staying with them again

No be yeye my brother cheesy

One will just be feeling somehow.
Re: Family House by uuzba(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2018
CastedAyo:

You can't afford to pay house rent doesn't mean I can't. Seems you're broke in your 18s

Story.
Pack to your house.

1 Like

Re: Family House by clemmonce(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2018
dgagar:
Hi guys. need your advice please. this thing is baffling my mind badly.
everyone know how bad and poor Nigeria economy it is. saying no money here and there . am living in family house, face me and slap you . my dad is late but my mum struggle to build the house and she also live there too. the problem now is that my gf is threatening me to go and rent room and parlour outside Cos she wants to settle down soon but I got no money with me now. infact am on sick bed for the past two months and I can't work for now. am just a hustler, trying to make life good and comfortable for myself. and I love this girl like die. she's house materials but this house issues is the only problem am having with her, meanwhile am using room and parlour in this my mum house o. (even is not my happiness to be living in family house too )but no money for now. she's also disturbing me for engagement too inwhich I will be responsible for all the expenses because she's still learning handwork. though age is not on her side but I love her so very much that I can't afford to loose her to another man.
the question now is........... IS IT TOTALLY WRONG FOR MEN TO BE LIVING IN FAMILY HOUSE WITH HIS WIFE.
am really fed up. come to my rescue guys pls. am fed up .
well well here is my piece of advice.
She is your babe nah... talk to her calm her down everything no be fight or quarrel ... explain to her say with time when things go well you go rent house.
What she wants is privacy which is good. living in the same house with your mum is not too good for newly married couple. So she is right and it makes you look like a mummy's boy or man.
You also imagine if you were to live in the same house with your wife's mum.... you won't be yourself.... with time you will see reasons and move out. but in the main time explain to her and calm her down.
Re: Family House by Deji63: 2:29pm On May 19, 2018
What is he doing there? Did he meet his father there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After / Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 7 Years Of Childless Marriage (Pics) / Nine Reasons Why Some African Ladies End Up Single For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.