Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Family House - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family House (30390 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Should I Renovate Our Family House? / Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family House by pressplay411(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2018
quote author=benzics post=67688729]Just a piece of advice.

First off, Marriage isn't everything, in fact marriage is not an achievement, I don't know the fuss about marriage in this part of the world.

Secondly, please never think of settling down and raising kids when you know you are not living comfortably yourself, don't bring kids into these world to suffer just because you want to feel among the married..

Lastly, work on yourself first, it's never too late, make yourself comfortable, and by that I mean move out of your parents' house, then you can then think of settling down..
[/quote]

Great advice. My only disagreement is your first point. Marriage might not be everything but it is an integral part of our existence. But it is not to be made a priority but a goal while working on and building self.

Now to OP.
Any two people can get married. The difficult is having a happy marriage and home. The prerequisite for a happy home is simply Self actualisation. You must be happy alone to have a happy home.
That said, what makes one happy?
Can you provide for yourself comfortably? Can you support another comfortably?
Are you gainfully employed?

In essence be happy with yourself first, then you bring another into your happy life.
Don't punish your partner by bringing her into a life you're unhappy and uncomfortable with.

Giving your age and employment state I'll say you have a lot of life ahead of you.
Delete every pressure from peers and family from mind and thoughts and watch a huge weight lift off your life. Now unless you're 40 years you're still young.
Perhaps you've not yet got things figured out yet, no pressure, you have another 12 years to figure it out. See how lucky you are?
With determination and discipline, you can decide to change your story. You can either chose a free internship in your choice career line or learn some online courses to improve your skills or even decide to go into business as an apprentice first. The options are endless if you choose to see them. Unlimit yourself by your present condition or societal conditioning.
Trust me I understand it's difficult when you have responsibilities and bills to pay. But it's the same formula successful people have always applied and it does not fail.

One more thing, build yourself spiritually too especially in Christ.
All the best. Grace be with you as you make the right choice to change your story and take charge. You're healed by your faith in Jesus Name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Family House by MusicSots: 3:48pm On May 19, 2018
selfmadeboss:
A gf that cannot pity you that you are sick and on sick bed for 2 months, is that one wife material. She knows you are broke but she is still pressuring u to go and rent house and do engagement. Please tell her to kip qwayet please. Also let me know the situation by this time next month so I can wire you something

3066240968 first Bank. Kindly help me with something boss. My rent is almost due and the money is not complete
Re: Family House by BIXYBABE: 3:52pm On May 19, 2018
family house keh.....for dis century
Re: Family House by omoniomoade(f): 4:27pm On May 19, 2018
No be only house material she be, na building material..........discharge her quick

1 Like

Re: Family House by Heartbender: 5:08pm On May 19, 2018
If what I saw on Thursday is true then Joshua is the richest boxer or so and I hear he lives with his mum...don't let any girl with zero content force you into a time line that is not yours. The bible says the race is not for the swift...time and chance happeneth to (us) all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family House by Heartbender: 5:09pm On May 19, 2018
Abi na cum she be? grin cheesy wink grin
omoniomoade:
No be only house material she be, na building material..........discharge her quick
Re: Family House by kamtamark(m): 5:27pm On May 19, 2018
Jesus have been in his father's house for 2035 years and he is still there ma broda your Papa house na your house where u want go?
Re: Family House by Fawklicant: 6:04pm On May 19, 2018
dgagar:
You didn't say your age or qualification so it's difficult to advise in that regard.

am a hustler and bricklayer. my age is 28 and my girlfriend also 28. and all her younger once had married with kids. that's why she's disturbing me too.

thanks alot for your precious time. I really appreciate it. God bless you

Follow 1forall's advice. My dear, when you love a girl like you are about to die...you are really about to die. A girl who knows your condition, financial, health etc and still pressures you to leave your present abode wants to isolate you first before she finishes you off. Get well first! And if she is not there by then, well, move on. You cannot sustain this kind of marriage now with your present income and status.
Re: Family House by PinkDick(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Family House by dgagar(m): 7:33pm On May 19, 2018
dgagar:
Hi guys. need your advice please. this thing is baffling my mind badly.
everyone know how bad and poor Nigeria economy it is. saying no money here and there . am living in family house, face me and slap you . my dad is late but my mum struggle to build the house and she also live there too. the problem now is that my gf is threatening me to go and rent room and parlour outside Cos she wants to settle down soon but I got no money with me now. infact am on sick bed for the past two months and I can't work for now. am just a hustler, trying to make life good and comfortable for myself. and I love this girl like die. she's house materials but this house issues is the only problem am having with her, meanwhile am using room and parlour in this my mum house o. (even is not my happiness to be living in family house too )but no money for now. she's also disturbing me for engagement too inwhich I will be responsible for all the expenses because she's still learning handwork. though age is not on her side but I love her so very much that I can't afford to loose her to another man.
the question now is........... IS IT TOTALLY WRONG FOR MEN TO BE LIVING IN FAMILY HOUSE WITH HIS WIFE.
am really fed up. come to my rescue guys pls. am fed up .

thanks to everybody for your precious time. I really appreciate all your advice. am so excited now. to be candid I really gain alot. thank you very much. may God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Family House by akimoriyomi(m): 8:16pm On May 19, 2018
Lemme just correct you.... Your mums house is not a family house OK!
Re: Family House by kilode100(f): 8:20pm On May 19, 2018
selfmadeboss:
A gf that cannot pity you that you are sick and on sick bed for 2 months, is that one wife material. She knows you are broke but she is still pressuring u to go and rent house and do engagement. Please tell her to kip qwayet please. Also let me know the situation by this time next month so I can wire you something

Next month is too far Oga..
Re: Family House by frozen70(f): 8:27pm On May 19, 2018
dgagar:
Hi guys. need your advice please. this thing is baffling my mind badly.
everyone know how bad and poor Nigeria economy it is. saying no money here and there . am living in family house, face me and slap you . my dad is late but my mum struggle to build the house and she also live there too. the problem now is that my gf is threatening me to go and rent room and parlour outside Cos she wants to settle down soon but I got no money with me now. infact am on sick bed for the past two months and I can't work for now. am just a hustler, trying to make life good and comfortable for myself. and I love this girl like die. she's house materials but this house issues is the only problem am having with her, meanwhile am using room and parlour in this my mum house o. (even is not my happiness to be living in family house too )but no money for now. she's also disturbing me for engagement too inwhich I will be responsible for all the expenses because she's still learning handwork. though age is not on her side but I love her so very much that I can't afford to loose her to another man.
the question now is........... IS IT TOTALLY WRONG FOR MEN TO BE LIVING IN FAMILY HOUSE WITH HIS WIFE.
am really fed up. come to my rescue guys pls. am fed up .

Think like a man and don't let any one play gamble with your head.
You are struggling to stand as a man ad one lady is trying to put load in your head and you are here seeking for advice.
No matter how you love her take your time and get your self sorted out, if time is not on your side leave her to go after all you are not the one that set the time for her. Keep listing to her on till you fall inside lagoon.
Use your brain andsenses that's why its in your head.

1 Like

Re: Family House by selfmadeboss: 8:31pm On May 19, 2018
Mcy56:

.......and did you or did you not read 'erroneous' in my mention?
Be deceiving yourself about your selfmade there, thinking you actually made yourself to be who you are. undecided
I am selfmade. No god or deity made me who I am today, I toiled, I served, I slept in the gutters home and abroad, I begged for food home and abroad, I did dirty jobs home and abroad. Miss or Mrs, I am full definition of selfmade. No fucking diety or god or devil or spirit or babalawo, or profet or pastor or imam made me who I am today, I made my self who I am. Shove your thoughts up ur ass
Re: Family House by Mcy56(f): 8:48pm On May 19, 2018
omoniomoade:
LOL @ building material grin
What is the assurance that the lady will marry him self? She completed her ND and wish to proceed for her HND, guess its money that caused the stop-over, after HND you think she might still consider you @op? Not saying she cant but pls be wise.

1 Like

Re: Family House by redsun(m): 10:36pm On May 19, 2018
As long as you learn to live in confined place and you are not getting in anybody's way,you are fine.

South Asians are very much at home with living with their third or fourth generations;father mother,siblings,sons, daughters, daughters in law,sons in law and grand children. I don't know how they do it but they seem to get along.

2 Likes

Re: Family House by dgagar(m): 12:58am On May 20, 2018
Also let me know the situation by this time next month so I can wire you something [/quote]

thanks bro. where are you and can I have your call and whatsapp number to update you as you said.
Re: Family House by 1forall: 12:06pm On May 20, 2018
Ishilove:

Look who came back from hiatus

Thanks for the kind greeting! grin
Re: Family House by dgagar(m): 1:01pm On May 20, 2018
akimoriyomi:
Lemme just correct you.... Your mums house is not a family house OK!

alright.... thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 7 Years Of Childless Marriage (Pics) / Nine Reasons Why Some African Ladies End Up Single For Life / Parents Buy Daughter A Car For Her Graduation As A Doctor In South Africa (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.