Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! (28279 Views)

Photos From Fiona Amuzie's White Wedding / Photos From The Traditional Wedding Of Fiona Amuzie / Fiona Amuzie Graduates From UK University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:14am On May 25, 2010
Nike, Bianca, Omowunmi, Munachi, Abiola, Toyin, Adaeze, Glory…
You can now add the name, Fiona to the list of Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) winners. On Saturday, May 22 2010 at the New Eko Hotel Event Centre, 18 year old student – Fiona Aforma Amuzie was crowned as the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria.
It was a keenly contested pageant with beauties from all over the country competing for the opportunity to represent Nigeria at the Miss World content along with other exciting prizes.
Though she won the main crown, Fiona was not the only young lady who was crowned that night. Onyeka Martina Udechukwu who represented Abuja FCT was chosen as Miss LaCasera 2010. She will receive a 1 Million Naira cash prize and the chance to be the Face of LaCasera for 12 months. Miss Ebonyi, Shalom Obi won the Face of Select Pro Cosmetics Contest and a 500,000 Naira cash prize.
The first runner-up was Ngozi Odaloni who represented Niger State. She was crowned MBGN Universe and will represent Nigeria at the Miss Universe pageant. The second runner-up was Nengi Warikoko who was crowned MBGN Tourism who represented Rivers State, she will compete is the Miss Tourism International contest.

Silverbird went all out in ensuring a fantastic occasion. The night’s judges included Agbani Darego (MBGN 2001 / Miss World 2001), Bryan Okwara (Mr Nigeria 2007), Omowunmi Akinnifesi (MBGN 2005 and Miss Tourism International 2005), Nadia Letova (Group Divisional Manager, Danel Nig. Ltd). The night started with a soul stopping rendition of the Nigerian National anthem by ChiDynma. After which the shows hosts IK Osakioduwa and the Beautiful Jasmine Murray-Bruce took control of the stage.

MBGN 2010 – The Winners
Miss Photogenic: Miss Taraba – Rosabel Oyaole
Miss Amity: Miss Kwara – Ruth Chinenye Chukwueke
Best Traditional Costume: Miss Delta – Onoma Osiki

The top 15 contestants of the night were:
Miss Yobe, Miss Rivers, Miss Plateau, Miss Lagos, Miss Akwa Ibom, Miss Abuja, Miss Benue, Miss Ekiti, Miss Ebonyi, Miss Edo, Miss Osun, Miss Niger, Miss Gombe, Miss Ogun and Miss Cross Rivers.
Although Miss Delta was an obvious hit with the crowd she failed to make it to the top 15.

Top 5:
Miss Gombe – Lynda Dunkwu
Miss Ekiti – Chinenye Charity Obiora
Miss Rivers – Nengi Warikoko – MBGN Tourism – 2nd Runner-Up
Miss Niger – Ngozi Odalonu – MBGN Universe – 1st Runner-Up
Miss Plateau – Fiona Aforma Amuzie – MBGN World – Winner

Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:15am On May 25, 2010
With show stopping performances from Timi Dakolo , MI, Basket Mouth and RL from Next, the audience were kept thoroughly entertained and glued to their seats for the entire night. The night also included a performance from Jeffery Daniel, former member of the group Shalamar, and former dance instructor to the late king of hip hop MJ.

Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 1:20am On May 25, 2010
THE AMAKA, can you plz post the pix of Miss Ekiti?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:25am On May 25, 2010

Chinenye Charity Obiora (far left)
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 1:27am On May 25, 2010
Ok, no individual pixs? Very unorganized. . . .

Thanks sha. Lovely pixz
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by mamagee3(f): 1:28am On May 25, 2010
THE AMAKA:

She's looking pretty.

The contestants aren't that stunning.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Seun(m): 1:31am On May 25, 2010
How come some people enjoy being paraded on stage like show animals?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 1:35am On May 25, 2010
Oh, found miss Ekiti, she's the chick in the blue. Not impressed at all.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 1:41am On May 25, 2010
this is serious.

the girl is somewhat pretty, but i think contestants might have to start representing tribes instead of states.

either that or a new competition is needed, since it seems some parts of nigeria have totally abandoned mbgn.

whatever happened to the old miss nigeria pageant organized by daily times?

even the new miss usa is lebanese, just to show how donald trump organizes this thing.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:53am On May 25, 2010
yawn. . . yes 250 contestants!!!
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by mamagee3(f): 1:53am On May 25, 2010
Seun:

How come some people enjoy being paraded on stage like show animals?
Seun, it's called a beauty show and they're contestants, they are not parading. grin
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by shilling(f): 5:14am On May 25, 2010
She's not stunning. . . the Miss LaCasera girl is more pretty to me.

THE AMAKA:

Nike, Bianca, Omowunmi, Munachi, Abiola, Toyin, Adaeze, Glory…
You can now add the name, Fiona to the list of Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) winners.

That's Agbani sitting with the Bruce's right? Very funny that her name isn't listed as past winners, yet she's the only one who's won Miss World  lipsrsealed undecided.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 5:17am On May 25, 2010

She's more stunning than the winner sef
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 5:21am On May 25, 2010
Really good pick. The winner is quite cute! Thumbs up to MBGN.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 11:13am On May 25, 2010
The winner is quite pretty. Hopefully they update her hair/makeup/fashion for the Miss World competition.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Hauwa1: 2:32pm On May 25, 2010
lovely!!! and they say no beauties in nigeria, i would love to contest.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by henry101(m): 11:40pm On May 25, 2010
tpia.:

this is serious.

the girl is somewhat pretty, but i think contestants might have to start representing tribes instead of states.

either that or a new competition is needed, since it seems some parts of nigeria have totally abandoned mbgn.

whatever happened to the old miss nigeria pageant organized by daily times?

even the new miss usa is lebanese, just to show how donald trump organizes this thing.
Nobody has abandoned the mgbn.

If U feel u have what it takes to be a beauty queen, nothing stops u from contesting.

THE AMAKA:

yawn. . . yes 250 contestants!!!

My mom's family is gonna be represented as a tribe.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by chika98: 11:45pm On May 25, 2010
*Hauwa*:

lovely!!! and they say no beauties in nigeria, i would love to contest.

Go back and put your application in. Simple as that cheesy
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 12:03am On May 26, 2010
henry101:

do you have any evidence to back up this claim or are you fantasizing and wishing it were true?
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by henry101(m): 12:29am On May 26, 2010
I was in Nigeria last year and I watched the audition.
There are so many girls that want to be MGBN.
It's left for the oganisers to choose who fits in.
Rmbr there are so many beauty contest in Nigeria.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by THEAMAKA(f): 2:35am On May 26, 2010
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by shilling(f): 2:47am On May 26, 2010
^ ^
Was about to post that link.

After looking at those pictures, I agree with mama-gee, the contestants were definitely not stunning, what the heck happened this year?

They even spelt Plateau wrong, wow.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by AloyEmeka5: 3:06am On May 26, 2010

Fine girl but they always look for yellow girls. Just check and you will notice that 95% of past winners are yellow in complexion.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by AloyEmeka5: 3:08am On May 26, 2010
henry101:

If U feel u have what it takes to be a beauty queen, nothing stops u from contesting.

My mom's family is gonna be represented as a tribe.

Don't mind losers. They claim abandonment just to pacify their ugly self.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2010
She's just there. . .not stunning like Munachi Abi Nwankwo.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by oge4real(f): 4:28pm On May 26, 2010
The winner is cute. I noticed that most participans were from the east, despite the states they represent.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by bgees(m): 5:36pm On May 26, 2010
She is at least better than the last winner. but nothing really special. Munachi and Adaeze were better.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nayah(f): 5:43pm On May 26, 2010
Hello everyone I think this young women is a real african beauty, natural without any superficial staff I am very proud of her but F gators is right the first or second runner up was absolutely stunning
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by chiogo(f): 6:13pm On May 26, 2010
She's pretty but I dunno if she's the most beautiful of all the contestants.

shilling:

They even spelt Plateau wrong, wow.
I know. Such a shame.

MBGN Tourism is absolutely stunning, in my opinion. And Miss LaCasera(whatever that is).
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by shilling(f): 6:29pm On May 26, 2010
chiogo:

MBGN Tourism is absolutely stunning, in my opinion. And Miss LaCasera(whatever that is).
I know!! One of 'em 2 should've won.

LaCasera is a crappy tasting drink grin imo, I think it is manufactured in Naija, I believe.
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 26, 2010
Compared to the last winner, this one is better. See her belle in that swim suit. tongue tongue
Re: Mbgn 2010 Is Fiona Aforma Amuzie! by chiogo(f): 6:54pm On May 26, 2010
shilling:

I know!! One of 'em 2 should've won.

LaCasera is a crappy tasting drink grin imo, I think it is manufactured in Naija, I believe.
Oh lol, I see the bottles now on the table in front of the judges.

stillwater:

Compared to the last winner, this one is better. See her belle in that swim suit. tongue tongue
I saw it too, wasn't gonna say anything. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pretty Mike: I Am Yet To Have Sex With My Sex Doll / Anna Banner Gorgeous In Her Sunday Outfit / Aki & Paw Paw At The Calabar Carnival 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.