Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) (23868 Views)

Ogbono Soup, With Fufu Or Eba? / Man Shows Off N43k Plate Of Eba And Soup (Pictures) / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by SexyyWithBrain1: 8:22pm On May 18, 2018
How To Prepare NON-STICKY Garri or Eba
STEPS
1) Boil Water in a Kettle or Pot (Make Sure it boils very well)

2) Measure the amount of Garri you want to prepare into a bowl (make sure the bowl is big enough)

3) (Now Very Important) Pour the hot water in the Garri (a substantial amount but not excess). Now ''DO NOTHING!''. I mean do not shake, turn, steer or touch the Garri. Just leave it without covering for 7 to 10mins....you may cover it with something like a Sieve that can let the heat pass through.

4) After about 7-10 minutes, start steering from the edges of the bowl. If there are parts water did not touch, then add more water and when you steer for about a minute, then leave the heat to go out for about 2 minutes again.

5) After the second time you left it to cool off, then go ahead to steer properly and it will definitely not be sticky.

6) You can still rally it round the bowl by holding the bowl up and moving it vigorously in a circular form until the Garri gets a very smooth appearance.

7) This is my method. Feel free to add yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjKxr_S8SVQ

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by dominique(f): 8:32pm On May 18, 2018
Looks nice, I'll try it out one of these days

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Jamesmatic(m): 8:35pm On May 18, 2018
Where the soup. shocked

141 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by sKeetz(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2018
Before im done with all this steps, I would have died of hunger.

Who non-sticky garri epp?

190 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by veacea: 8:36pm On May 18, 2018
Okay

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by WeShallSee: 8:36pm On May 18, 2018
lol
Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by NLbully(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2018
dominique:
Looks nice, I'll try it out one of these days

Should we go and fry mucus?? undecided

That's for the ban the other day grin angry

6 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by ikorodureporta: 8:37pm On May 18, 2018
Use cold water - the best way to remain non sticky.....

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by nnanyereugo(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2018
lol, una no go kill person for hia, nothing way man no go see for nairaland grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by hensben(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2018
undecided
Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 18, 2018
just to download my eba sharply you guys are transmitting rules again...
who cares if eba is sticky or non-sticky..
when i want to make eba, it is for immediate consumption, as soon as the water boil na to arrange am sharp sharp.
why will my eba be sitting for 10 minutes, i dey bake cake?
se if eba sticky e go still pass my throat

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Evangkatsoulis: 8:38pm On May 18, 2018
Rubbish! Stirring the eba when it is hot help force the starch out of the grains.

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Sijo01(f): 8:38pm On May 18, 2018
Too long of a process embarassed
Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Abalado(f): 8:38pm On May 18, 2018
don't hungry me with this yellow Eba,or else I will transmission or I mean, transformers, sorry

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by obainojazz(m): 8:39pm On May 18, 2018
grin airmark, call Raumdeuter make he come teach this people how to turn eba.
Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Tolubory(m): 8:39pm On May 18, 2018
SexyyWithBrain1:
STEPS

2) Measure the amount of Garri you want to prepare into a bowl (make sure the bowl is big enough)

3) (Now Very Important) Pour the hot water in the Garri (a substantial amount but not excess). Now ''DO NOTHING!''. I mean do not shake, turn, steer or touch the Garri. Just leave it without covering for 7 to 10mins....you may cover it with something like a Sieve that can let the heat pass through.

4) After about 7-10 minutes, start steering from the edges of the bowl. If there are parts water did not touch, then add more water and when you steer for about a minute, then leave the heat to go out for about 2 minutes again.

5) After the second time you left it to cool off, then go ahead to steer properly and it will definitely not be sticky.

6) You can still rally it round the bowl by holding the bowl up and moving it vigorously in a circular form until the Garri gets a very smooth appearance.

Ko yƩ mi o...
shey Eba wey I don dey prepare since primary 6
una con dey illustrate like this.....
Na wa o....

21 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by MrKong: 8:39pm On May 18, 2018
If e no dey sticky how e come form ball? undecided

15 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Offpoint: 8:40pm On May 18, 2018
lol, I go wait for 10mins before I stir eba, gringrin no bi were I dey, by that time... eba don dey processing unit for belles... house wey people dey chop food ontop fire na him you wan wait dey stir eba.... you no wan eat dat day be that.

in my grandmom voice Since I was born I've never seen an hungry man's Tommy rejects food, he doesn't even know what sticky and non sticky means... eba is eba

12 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 18, 2018
where is the Oza side (soup) pics
Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by cutesimplycalm(f): 8:40pm On May 18, 2018
Yellow garri is hardly sticky no matter how its being done, if only u can use dat method for white garri nd its nt sticky den i will believe u, moreover how will u leave Eba for 10mins uncovered, it will get cold now nd most ppl don't like cold foid

16 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by pyyxxaro: 8:40pm On May 18, 2018
So Nigeria don better reach were , naa how to make EBA naa Nairaland con de tell us

Well if you want this kinda Eba , come to WARRI 053

We wud show you how to make it LIVE cool
Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Urchee: 8:40pm On May 18, 2018
Nor wash ur hand na if e nor go stick u

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Alum34(m): 8:40pm On May 18, 2018
OP with this your method hunger go done kill me be that, how i go do eba just the lool am for 10minute shuoo.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 18, 2018
Long story, just add a drop or two of vegetable oil.

6 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by ikorodureporta: 8:42pm On May 18, 2018
SexyyWithBrain1:
STEPS

.time wasting....when na inside plastic, wetin be stickyness there again? U for kuku add gnut oil for the bowl before making d eba undecided

i score u 2 over 10 for making cold eba

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Holocene(m): 8:42pm On May 18, 2018
As a garri professional, it all depends on the type of garri you buy in the market. Some people will filter kpokpo garri and then take it to machine and re-grind it. That type will definately stick when you wanna wack it.

NB....that dude na serious bachelor.....no turn-garri or even kettle to take boil the water.....ghetto baba

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by salaboiz(m): 8:42pm On May 18, 2018
lol. this Eba look like Dino head

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Timagex(m): 8:42pm On May 18, 2018
There is no way mine wee nor be sticky... I don't even like EBA sef undecided....team hot fufu and iyan or amala cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by psychologist(m): 8:42pm On May 18, 2018
Rather put

How to make Eba ibo grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by Muzanga(f): 8:43pm On May 18, 2018
Who adds hot water to garri? Isnt it garri into hot water?

9 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by CastedAyo: 8:43pm On May 18, 2018
Ladies and OVERDO.

Must you use big girl to do everything?

I trust my MEN
Re: How To Prepare Non-Sticky Garri Or Eba (Pictures, Video) by chukzyfcbb: 8:44pm On May 18, 2018
Earthbound:
Long story, just add a drop or two of vegetable oil.
exactly what was on my mind

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of These Is Your Favourite Local Delicacy? / ****Oyinbo Wey Share Love For EGUSI**** / Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER & Virgin COCONUT OIL For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.