Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch (3340 Views)

Dogara Resists APC Leaders' Move to Appoint Gbajabiamila as Majority Leader / THE IGBO AGENDA AGAINST THE YORUBA IN LAGOS - / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 2:27am On May 25, 2010
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/25/yoruba-in-abia-appoint-monarch/
Yoruba in Abia appoint monarch
Latest News May 25, 2010 Umuahia—Alhaji Adebayo Azeez, President of the Yoruba Forum, an umbrella body of Yoruba associations, said the forum is to appoint an Oba in Abia to cater for the interest of the Yoruba community in the state.

Azeez said in Umuahia, yesterday that the measure was necessary to enable various Yoruba groups in the state unite, their political affiliations and other differences notwithstanding.

He applauded the cordial relationship existing between the Yorubas and other ethinc groups in the state.

Azeez, who is the pioneer leader of the group, commended the process that led to his emergence as the leader of the body.

He said, however, that anyone who emerged as the new Oba would be someone influential, educated and philanthropic, to achieve the objectives and yearnings of the people.

He said the Yoruba were ready to partner with Abia State government in the task of ensuring peace and developing the state, noting that the Oba would be the rallying point of Yorubas in Abia.
“We are united in this cause of enthroning an Oba because since the creation of the state 19 years ago, this singular headship has eluded us,” he said.

He said the organisation would contribute to the growth and development of its host communities through conceptualisation and execution of projects.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 2:29am On May 25, 2010
So the traffick is both ways after all (as though we did not know already)
Yoruba Oba in okoroland
Eze ndigbo (now onyendu ndigbo) in ngbatiland.
We are getting there, slowly but steadily.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by AloyEmeka5: 2:30am On May 25, 2010
Everybody in Nigeria is looking for some form of recognition. Oba Of Umuahia kwenu! grin grin
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 2:49am On May 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Everybody in Nigeria is looking for some form of recognition. Oba Of Umuahia kwenu! grin grin

Nevertheless, they are very welcome. We are one country. As long as they do not ask for free land for mosque and free hajj allocation like those in Enugu grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-342910.0.html

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by Nobody: 2:52am On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

Nevertheless, they are very welcome. We are one country. As long as they do not ask for free land for mosque and free hajj allocation like those in Enugu grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-342910.0.html
Who are you lying to? Cant you just be one color?

Meku is actually okay with this? Yea right lmfao
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:05am On May 25, 2010
FL Gators:

Who are you lying to? Cant you just be one color?

Meku is actually okay with this? Yea right lmfao

You either overestimate or underestimate me. Which one is it? It will surprise you what sort I am made of outside of NL. But again, we live in a free world, so you can hold on to your perception.

I have a reason for highlighting these types of topic and I have made that abundantly clear here.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by EzeUche(m): 3:10am On May 25, 2010
Now this is an affront!!!  angry

We Aros do not take kindly to this insult! Yoruba go back to Yorubaland with that Oba nonsense. . .
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:13am On May 25, 2010
EzeUche:

We Aros do not take kindly to this insult! Yoruba go back to Yorubaland with that Oba nonsense. . .

wtf. Aro is only a small fraction of Abia. Besides you Aros have not paid reparation for slave trade. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by Nobody: 3:17am On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

You either overestimate or underestimate me. Which one is it? It will surprise you what sort I am made of outside of NL. But again, we live in a free world, so you can hold on to your perception.

I have a reason for highlighting these types of topic and I have made that abundantly clear here.
Somehow I believe you. . . . I mean, which kinda PhD holder has time to actually display ignorance about other tribes, while trying to "clear" the perceptions about his tribe outta NL. Lemme guess, you'll come back with a rigorous tribal  comment.

I understand whatchu trying to do, the way you're doing it is questionable.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by Nobody: 3:18am On May 25, 2010
EzeUche:

LOL, Lil boy, will you shuttup dia. With your skoin skoin head cheesy
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:22am On May 25, 2010
FL Gators:

Somehow I believe you. . . . I mean, which kinda PhD holder has time to actually display ignorance about other tribes, while trying to "clear" the perceptions about his tribe outta NL. Lemme guess, you'll come back with a rigorous tribal comment.

I understand whatchu trying to do, the way you're doing it is questionable.

I do not remember displaying any ignorance about other tribes. My assertions are correct and often backed up with figures. Moreover, my PhD degree was not obtained in Nigerian ethnic studies.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by Nobody: 3:26am On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

I do not remember displaying any ignorance about other tribes. My assertions are correct and often backed up with figures. Moreover, my PhD degree was not obtained in Nigerian ethnic studies.
No, it doesnt. It however gives you the PRIVILEGE to do sth useful in the scientific world.

Jokes apart, I'm interested in reading one of your scientific journals, researches or work. You're brilliant, no doubt, let's see how you've used it outta NL.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by SEFAGO(m): 3:26am On May 25, 2010
hmm Yoruba people are recolonising the third world sections of Nigeria
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by SEFAGO(m): 3:28am On May 25, 2010
FL Gators:

No, it doesnt. It however gives you the PRIVILEGED to do sth useful in the scientific world.

Jokes apart, I'm interested in reading one of your scientific journals, researches or work. You're brilliant, no doubt, let's see how you've used it outta NL.

Seems you have never read a science paper especially if you are interested in reading mekusxyz crap which would be superfluous and wordy like most european trained scientists
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:29am On May 25, 2010
FL Gators:

No, it doesnt. It however gives you the PRIVILEGED to do sth useful in the scientific world.

That means letting you know the real mekus. How is that possible? undecided undecided
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by Nobody: 3:31am On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

That means letting you know the real mekus. How is that possible? undecided undecided
Dont you peeps have a journalist site where the reports and results are published?

If not, pardon my ignorance undecided

SEFAGO:

Seems you have never read a science paper especially if you are interested in reading mekusxyz crap which would be superfluous and wordy like most european trained scientists
Oh shut up, what have you written? Doubt you've been inside a lab sef lol
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:34am On May 25, 2010
FL Gators:

Dont you peeps have a journalist site where the reports and results are published?

I am the only Nigerian in my area of research and the journals I have published in certainly contain my real id. One chance to let you read my papers (and there are several of them) and pronto, you and Sefago will find me out. Hhahahah!
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by SEFAGO(m): 3:35am On May 25, 2010
FL Gators:

Science papers are published in journals- not journalist sites. Try and check pubmed, and use igbo names lol
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by SEFAGO(m): 3:36am On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

I am the only Nigerian in my area of research and the journals I have published in certainly contain my real id. One chance to let you read my papers (and there are several of them) and pronto, you and Sefago will find me out. Hhahahah!

Dont insult me, if i wanna find who you are, I would in a heartbeat. I respect your privacy a lot- I hate people who step the line usually.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:36am On May 25, 2010
Ok enough of me. Lets talk about the topic. Are you guys seeing that the traffick across the Niger river is two way?
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by Nobody: 3:38am On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

1. understandable.

2. You're paranoid. What have I gotta do with SEFAGO?

SEFAGO:

Science papers are published in journals- not journalist sites. Try and check pubmed, and use igbo names lol

Lol okiez.  Thanks. And I have read science articles, thank you very much
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:39am On May 25, 2010
SEFAGO:

Dont insult me, if i wanna find who you are, I would in a heartbeat. I respect your privacy a lot- I hate people who step the line usually.

You, who is dying to decode me? grin grin
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by Nobody: 3:39am On May 25, 2010
SEFAGO:

awwwwwww, now thatz just sweet
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:40am On May 25, 2010
FL Gators:

1. understandable.

2. You're paranoid. What have I gotta do with SEFAGO?
Lol okiez.  Thanks. And I have read science articles, thank you very much

Is not Sefago your little toy boy? undecided undecided
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by Nobody: 3:43am On May 25, 2010
@topic
Like EzeUche said earlier, too many kingships/Igwe/Oba in Nigeria. Like Aloy said, everybody wants to be important and recognize. I say, we need to outgrow the stone age time.

Anywhoz, what does a monarch getz to do sef? Power?

mekuszyx:

Is not Sefago your little toy boy? undecided undecided
Be serious, stop being disrespectful.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:44am On May 25, 2010
Sefago, your knowledge of science publication database is indeed GROSSLY limited. PuBMED contains only a fraction of scientific papers. More of the health sciences and biology. Do you know where many of the biochemical, bioenvironmental, environmental/earth sciences and chemical journals can be found?
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 3:52am On May 25, 2010
FL Gators:

@topic
Like EzeUche said earlier, too many kingships/Igwe/Oba in Nigeria. Like Aloy said, everybody wants to be important and recognize. I say, we need to outgrow the stone age time.

Anywhoz, what does a monarch getz to do sef? Power?

Helps to give people a sense of themselves. Not always easy to live among people different than you, one way or the other. An average person wants to hobnob with people closest to him, language and culture wise. Even Americans in Nigeria congregate against other whites and vice versa. You only need to have worked in a foreign company in Nigeria to see how the different white people segregate. So they always need a father figure, sort of.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by Nobody: 4:01am On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

Helps to give people a sense of themselves. Not always easy to live among people different than you, one way or the other. An average person wants to hobnob with people closest to him, language and culture wise. Even Americans in Nigeria congregate against other whites and vice versa. You only need to have worked in a foreign company in Nigeria to see how the different white people segregate. So they always need a father figure, sort of.
Hmm makes sense.

Lol na only Nigeria white ppl go segregate sha.

So it comes with no power, no control, just a feeling of having authority over nothing? This has gotta stop undecided

"Monarch", just imagine.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by SEFAGO(m): 4:08am On May 25, 2010
You, who is dying to decode me?

trust me- I would search for you all the way to your social security number and post it online if I felt like it. You boast a lot, and I have a good memory so anything you say registers in my mind. I would just use a bit of deductive reasoning to determine what i need to know.

mekuszyx:

Sefago, your knowledge of science publication database is indeed limited. PuBMED contains only a fraction of scientific papers. More of the health sciences and biology. Do you know where many of the biochemical, bioenvironmental, environmental and chemical journals can be found?

LOL, I am not interested in environmental science, no money in that grin. The future is in biotechnology. I do know several databases though so I dont get ur point.

Back to topic:

Its stupid though whether Yoruba or Igbo. The reasons are insignificant.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 4:15am On May 25, 2010
SEFAGO:

trust me- I would search for you all the way to your social security number and post it online if I felt like it. You boast a lot, and I have a good memory so anything you say registers in my mind. I would just use a bit of deductive reasoning to determine what i need to know.

I dare you.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 4:18am On May 25, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL, I am not interested in environmental science, no money in that grin. The future is in biotechnology. I do know several databases though so I dont get your point.

Hm! you keep showing limited knowledge of these things. Biotechnology is just a tool to solve problems including in health, environmental and agricultural sciences. I apply biotechnological tools every minute in my environmental research.
Re: Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch by mekuszyx: 4:20am On May 25, 2010
Most peoples from the same environment who live outside of their natural homes will congregate, and to do so effectively, they need a leader. This is a common sociology principle.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Road Project: Why Lagos Sacked Contractor ! / Pirates Attack 2 Vessels On Lagos Waters / Man Electrocuted In Surulere After Urinating On A Unclad Transformer Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.