Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) (12022 Views)

Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 25, 2010
The bulk of these players formed the Olympics team.

These boys will eventually gel but nobody should expect SAMBA from them as we dont have an Okocha, Kanu is tired.

But in Beinjing 2008 we were very effective with counter attack football and this is why I think Haruna Lukman will be great in the team because of his mobility and hunger to win the ball. If every other Nigerian players have this attitude we will be fine in South Africa.

You know what? I have a reason to hope again.

Mikel Obi has no reason to worry. Haruna Lukman will be a very useful partner. He Mikel should just learn one or two things about attitude and hunger to win the ball from Lukman. Lukman also must keep his head down and not allow arrogance get the better of him.

Ejide

Taye Taiwo, Apam, Yobo(Adeleye), Chidi Odiah (Suswan)

Kaita, Lukman, Mikel

Osaze, Anichebe, Ike Uche

Thats my starting line up above.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by adejonny: 8:04pm On May 25, 2010
Based on this match certain to go to SA from players fielded today are:

Anichebe
Haruna
Kalu Uche.

Going home:
Kanu - no sentiments
Ayila

Others have to prove themselves against Colombia
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2010
Iyineda:

I feel like crying. . .

No game pattern. No real formation. Shambles. Shambles. My word. I'm no more blaming this on the coach but on the players.

Anyhow, we will have a more precise idea of what to expect in the WC with the Colombia match on Sunday.

But you have always known the history of NFA and Nigerian Football after our glorious run in 1994 and the Olympics  grin

The players will need more time (i doubt we still have that much time) to blend properly and Lagerback will not be fooling anyone if he thinks he can just rustle-up a group of SE players based in a matter of weeks without at least a month to blend them (as they say). We have some of the world's individual talent all we need is to strategically position and play them in their most optimized positions using the most efficient game strategy. I still remember the Atlanta Olympics and how i angrily went to sleep only to wake up to the ROAR of Nigerians winning Brazil. so we still have a small fighting chance at leaving the first group matches
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by kobikwelu(m): 8:06pm On May 25, 2010
doe i didnt watch the match

i feel the starting 11 are those who are on the plane tooooooo naija

the next match would feature our main players.

without watching, i know that haruna would impress!!!!

anichebe is hungry!!!

hope dey sha!!!

if haruna could hold down a starting shirt in monaco, then HE IS GOOD!!!

lets see what we will do on sunday.

BTW arg win their match by 5 goals, shocked shocked shocked shocked :omessi play? NO!!! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 25, 2010
adejonny:

Based on this match certain to go to SA from players fielded today are:

Anichebe
Haruna
Kalu Uche.

Going home:
Kanu - no sentiments
Ayila

Others have to prove themselves against Colombia

I really don't know what you people see in this Kalu Uche of a guy? Hope some are not confusing Kalu Uche for Ike Uche.

Besides for me Ayila was more useful in this match than Kalu Uche in the midfield.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Rhydem: 8:11pm On May 25, 2010
kobikwelu:

doe i didnt watch the match

i feel the starting 11 are those who are on the plane tooooooo naija

the next match would feature our main players.

without watching, i know that haruna would impress!!!!

anichebe is hungry!!!

hope dey sha!!!

if haruna could hold down a starting shirt in monaco, then HE IS GOOD!!!

lets see what we will do on sunday.

BTW arg win their match by 5 goals, shocked shocked shocked shocked :omessi play? NO!!! cry cry cry cry cry

Please all mighty see-er, tell me without watching who will win the world cup on the 11th of July.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by sultan003(m): 8:21pm On May 25, 2010
Sumtin must be done to our midfield b4 th worldcup.
I undastand that lagerback is just experimenting, but some players were palying as if noting is at stake e.g obasi, kalu uche, echijile.

Lagerback should stop wasting his time trying 4-4-2, because it will not work, not with the kind of midfield that we have (4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 should be tried).
If kanu must be in S.A den he must start from the bench.

the game against Argentina no go easy, we are not just mobile enough.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by henry101(m): 8:26pm On May 25, 2010
Haruna was just playing with the ball with no direction or accurate pass,
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by kbjojocom: 8:26pm On May 25, 2010
Good luck to Nigeria.
As you may know, we are looking forward to Nigeria and UK 31st Monday May Holiday, we celebrate democracy in Nigeria and thousands flock around the seat of entertainment at Indigo O2 London, in the Cokobar Music Festival
showcasing BBC 2 Vocal Slender et al http://www.mobo.com/news-blogs/vocal-slender-unsigned-african-act-to-play-indigo2-0 Latest events report
via http://www.kbjojo.com/events_news_updates.html

Hope to see you there!!
KBJOJO
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by kpalasa69(m): 8:32pm On May 25, 2010
Men what A back yard football match, the MVP of this match Was that Igbo MAn in that Super Sports Studio, the man dey vex Gon, Chineke, Dis guy fit flog all the whole players if dem allow am
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Ranoscky(m): 8:37pm On May 25, 2010
onu kwuru njo, ge kwu mma! (igbo language) - {translate in english} the mouth that says bad, will say good!

all of una wey dey criticise Anichebe say the guy no good at all, say na bench warmmer throughout the season for PL,

shebi na una don rank am no 1 among the eleven players wey play today's match? . . .

if dem tell una make una watch football with relaxed mind and cool down study players, una no go gree.

na now una know say Anichebe na good player abi? . .  left sided brain users.     msceeew!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by eldee(m): 8:39pm On May 25, 2010
Isn't this the same Saudi Arabia that got trashed 8-0 a few years ago??
YEPA!!!!

If you cannot score against Osama how you want defend against Aguero??
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by MeGaStReEt: 8:40pm On May 25, 2010
There is no way Largerback is going to bench Mikel for Haruna, whats the essence of wiining the ball without doin sumtin useful with it??

Haruna was just runin around, im no fit make one accurate pass for 90min, a jaguda ball im dey play

If by luck he finds himself in SA, he should alwayS start from the bench

NO SENTIMENT!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by marutimon: 8:42pm On May 25, 2010
Was it just me but I felt that Suswan was by far the best player for Nigeria. He was sure defensively and provided some great movement up front. As far as I'm concerned he was the only Nigerian player that did exceptionally well and I hope he gets to the final 23. Makes you think that the coach should have invited more players from the local league.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by sultan003(m): 8:45pm On May 25, 2010
the guy na William Opara, he was a goal keeper for Orlando priates in South Africa. The only match i can remember him playing for Nigeria was against germany before the 98 worldcup. The guy just dey vex.

Grecce vs North korea 2:2
North korea dey play ball oo! Ivory coast beware
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by bayulala(m): 8:46pm On May 25, 2010
Got this update from livescore.com its a nil nil affair.Anyway is suadi arabia going to the wc?
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Mortiple(m): 8:54pm On May 25, 2010
Our Council of Elders called Super Eagles are all tired! Haruna and Anichebe were slightly mobile due to age advantage over other Papa Eagles; they did not fare better afterall. Mind you, we just played Saudi Arabia! What will happen against Argentina etc? I don talk am, make we go beg Maradona and his boys to take am easy with us. They should pity us after the 3rd goal.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by morpheus24: 8:57pm On May 25, 2010
Mortiple:

Our Council of Elders called Super Eagles are all tired! Haruna and Anichebe were slightly mobile due to age advantage over other Papa Eagles; they did not fare better afterall. Mind you, we just played Saudi Arabia! What will happen against Argentina etc? I don talk am, make we go beg Maradona and his boys to take am easy with us. They should pity us after the 3rd goal.

My sentiments exactly. See how age has caught up with most of these players. they are just old men running around on the pitch trying to act like young boys. The onlly peoplo who use theri real ages or clsoe enought to their ages are the only people we dey perform.

Lilke old motor they need time to warm their engines well well.

Nigeria will not do well this world cup . 2 weeks left and they are not in good form regardless of if these players today were not a full team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by honeric01(m): 9:04pm On May 25, 2010
uhm, shitty!.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by coldubako(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2010
lets wait till jun 12
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Princek12(m): 9:20pm On May 25, 2010
which kind of campaign after election is this? Why did this make home page after, or near to the end, the match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by chelseabmw(m): 9:28pm On May 25, 2010
i love chelsea not nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by santony2k(m): 9:29pm On May 25, 2010
Although it was only a friendly - nobody wants to get injured, no risks etc. we played like we were being forced to practice. No swagger on the ball, nothing spectacular.

I'm not the best coach o but i think we need like 6 more friendly matches not 2. They should fly back to Lag and play against the Nigeria league teams, Enyimba etc abeg!!!

Oh Lord of Messi, have mercy on us if we come to you unprepared.

My 2 cents
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by supereagle(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2010
Nigeria will not do well this world cup . 2 weeks left and they are not in good form regardless of if these players today were not a full team.

We called for change in the coaching crews, we should pay for the consequence. largerback cannot know these boys effectively withing this short period. We just wasted money to hire the man #10m every month.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by morpheus24: 9:58pm On May 25, 2010
Where is Amodu

At least the guy give us bronze for nations cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by larimo(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2010
The game was so boring. Though an experiment but not a pleasant one to watch. They are so unfit.

However, I think the coach tried giving the "fringe, unfit and old players" a chance today cos all others who didnt play are already in the squad and he has to make his selection in 5/6 days!

The positives were:
Haruna (great work-rate; he was everywhere), in!
anichebe (showed focus but still lacking full fitness); in!
Suswan (showed commitment but may not still make the cut)
Kanu wink (was the only player who wasnt scared to at least hold the ball without being in a hurry to release it!)

Yobo, out! he cant even time the ball, cant even create a fortress for himself in defence.
Obasi, out! doesnt even know when to dribble or give a good pass
Ayila, tired!
Echiejile, so disappointing but defended when needed!
Shittu, playing rugby!

Haruna can play alongside Mikel cos he plays like Essien
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by dayokanu(m): 10:10pm On May 25, 2010
@Iyineda,
Echiejile - piss poor
Kanu - burden
Yobo - shaky and unreliable

Of the 3 players you rated poorly, 2 play in the EPL, what does that tell us?

No be me rate am na you rate am by your self o
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by davidif: 10:12pm On May 25, 2010
Why do we get all this crappy friendlies?
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by honeric01(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2010
supereagle:

We called for change in the coaching crews, we should pay for the consequence. largerback cannot know these boys effectively withing this short period. We just wasted money to hire the man #10m every month.

Point of correction, he gets =N= 30m every month.

larimo:

The game was so boring. Though an experiment but not a pleasant one to watch. They are so unfit.

However, I think the coach tried giving the "fringe, unfit and old players" a chance today cos all others who didnt play are already in the squad and he has to make his selection in 5/6 days!

The positives were:
Haruna (great work-rate; he was everywhere), in!
anichebe (showed focus but still lacking full fitness); in!
Suswan (showed commitment but may not still make the cut)
Kanu wink (was the only player who wasnt scared to at least hold the ball without being in a hurry to release it!)

Yobo, out! he cant even time the ball, cant even create a fortress for himself in defence.
Obasi, out! doesnt even know when to dribble or give a good pass
Ayila, tired!  he did his job perfectly until he got tired.
Echiejile, so disappointing but defended when needed! yea, he played like someone so tired.
Shittu, playing rugby! this guy is a disappointment, he should just apply to the Nigerian rugby team.

Haruna can play alongside Mikel cos he plays like Essien. He MUST BE ON THE LIST, HE WAS EVERYWHERE, NEVER TIRED AND WON ALL THE BALLS HE LOST.

Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by DisGuy: 10:25pm On May 25, 2010
davidif:

Why do we get all this crappy friendlies?

You really think any serious team wants to play against nigeria LMAO
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by DisGuy: 10:26pm On May 25, 2010
Lagerback should continue using Kanu in the friendlies until he gets injured or pulls a groin grin grin

It's only a friendly people and they had lunch or was it dinner some few hours before in Naija
Re: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (0 - 0) by Iyineda(m): 10:45pm On May 25, 2010
chelseabmw:

i love chelsea not nigeria

[center][/center]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gent Eye Move For Chelsea Defender Kenneth Omeruo / Ese Brume Wins Long Jump Gold At African Championships 2016 / Luka Modric Deserves 2018 Ballon D'or - Chelsea Star Eden Hazard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.