Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,578 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

4 Habits That Can Weaken Your Great Talents By Johnspeak Uwangue - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Habits That Can Weaken Your Great Talents By Johnspeak Uwangue (413 Views)

"How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Habits That Can Weaken Your Great Talents By Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 19, 2018
4 Habits That Are Unknowingly Weakening Your Great Talents

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

Some years ago, while at a recording studio of a friend of mine in Benin, I noticed one common habit in so many musicians who always came to record one song or another. What was the habit? About 90% of them always drank one or two bottles of alcohol or smoked one or two wraps of cannabis before recording their songs. Out of curiosity I asked one of the artists why himself and his fellow musicians always did the aforementioned, and his response shocked me. He said "Johnspeak, we do it to get inspiration". Wow! I replied. From that day in 2015, I began to research on why. After a thorough study and research, I was able to discover that some habits and lifestyles were responsible for it and I want to share just four with you.

Every talents are God given but some negative forces can make us to use our God given talents against ourselves and our environments. Then, why do people result to alcohol and band substances in order to be able to perform effectively?

- Negative Words

"Your mouth should not always speak how you feel"

Words are like bullets that has the ability to either strengthen our talents or Weaken them. People who are always fond of speaking negatively always result to band substance in order to perform effectively. Words have power. Everything answers to the power of words. Words can either shapen our lives or lead us astray. Your mouth should not always speak how you feel. Let your words align with your dreams and not your present predicament. Talents are like seeds that the creator have deposited in us, while negative words are like thorns that can choke the growth and productivity of any great talents.

- Impatience

"Everytime we force ourselves to put our talents to work, we give rooms to some negative forces to use our talents against us and our environment"

Most talented people always want to determine the timing for their talents instead of allowing their talents to determine the timing. Impatient people always want things done Now. For instance, the idea for this topic hit me in the morning of yesterday but I couldn't write the body of this article. So, I had to wait for my talent to determine when it wants me to write. It's 2:14am right now and inspiration for the body of this article is just pouring on me. I have found myself staying for a whole month without writing, not that I don't want to but because I do not feel inspired to write. Please note that every time we force ourselves to put our talents to work, we give rooms for some negative forces to use our talents against us and our environments.

- Bitterness

"An angry mind will always result to a less productive life "

Bitterness is a thorn that can reduce a great talent to nought. Haven't you heard of people who were once very talented but all of a sudden are forcing themselves to perform effectively? Bitterness may be the cause. Don't let the seed of bitterness to grow in you because it can choke your talents and reduce your productivity. Some people are angry at their parents, siblings, leaders, government, and even their creator, and have allowed some negative forces to use their talents against themselves and their environment but what they don't know is that an angry mind will result to a less productive life. The man who admonished us to live peacefully with all men wasn't drunk when He said so, but I strongly believe that He knew that our productivity is tied to living a life void of bitterness.

- Complaining

"Every talents has the ability to meet the dire needs of humanity"

Whenever we complain or constantly stay in environments where people complain about everything, we weaken our talents without knowing. Every talents and gifts thrives best in environments that are void of complains. Every talents has the ability to meet the dire needs of humanity. Talents were deposited in us by the creator who already knows what the world will go through to help solve the problem of mankind. So, when we constantly complain about the things that are not working, we are indirectly saying that our talents are not relevant. Talented people who constantly complain, oftentimes, lose touch of themselves and always find it difficult to maximize their God given talents.

Succeed You Must!

© Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun obinoscopy
Re: 4 Habits That Can Weaken Your Great Talents By Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 19, 2018
Afterthought
Re: 4 Habits That Can Weaken Your Great Talents By Johnspeak Uwangue by MJBOLT: 12:48pm On May 19, 2018
5.Stupidity shocked
Re: 4 Habits That Can Weaken Your Great Talents By Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 19, 2018
Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

(1) (Reply)

Coping With A Rigid Organisation Structure And Complacency / Step By Step Guide On How To Apply For U.S Visa / What Your Resume Should Look Like In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.