Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,010 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) (24003 Views)

Masquerade Festival Celebration In Akwa Ibom State (Videos, Photos) / Ekpeye Masquerade Festival In Rivers State (Photos) / Photos Of A Weird Black Masquerade Spotted At A Festival In South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by NWAFORH1(m): 4:22pm On May 21, 2018
Opa oranmiyan spotted!
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by Thewesterner(m): 4:42pm On May 21, 2018
millomaniac:

This type of thinking is a classic example of mental slavery the Europeans have subjected us to. We have been so brainwashed to the extent that we detest and hate whom we are. Some people shouting idolatory here will travel to the us and join them to celebrate hallowen. We have lost our identity. Our languages
Are gradually going extinct and English language is God, if you cant speak it you are severely limited(meanwhile in China more than half the populace don't even understand English talkless of speaking). (Some dude hear with moniker "grammarnazi1" will scower the length and breadth of this forum looking for grammatical errors but funny enough can't even correctly write in his mother tongue). Our ladies abhor their natural curly hair and bombard their hair with all sorts of chemicals(some can boast of hating to braid their hair) so that it turns straight like the white people. We prefer white skin to dark skin. We try to behave like them and if you don't conform you are termed local. We adopt their beliefs and scorn ours. The most heartbreaking for me is when a full grown man will open his mouth and admit that people with white skin are superior. As for me I am proudly African and will defend her and her culture as long as I live. I am not a fool.
gbam
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by CowHard: 4:53pm On May 21, 2018
fpeter:

I know your people, I visited your village years back to celebrate the late Emma a.k.a Iji Green
your people are very warm.

You're right.... Ijigrin of Okpo community
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by fpeter(f): 4:59pm On May 21, 2018
CowHard:

You're right.... Ijigrin of Okpo community

Yeah, you're right. Your people sabi do goat pepper soup and strong Eba for Ketu that year!
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by ItzBIM(m): 5:16pm On May 21, 2018
millomaniac:

This does not make any sense. No offense.
Ok
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by engrkaz(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2018
3rd picture has APGA and APC in one pix....we wee not take it...Tonyebarcanista must hear this....where is awa Umblerra
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2018
engrkaz:
3rd picture has APGA and APC in one pix....we wee not take it...Tonyebarcanista must hear this....where is awa Umblerra

No permanent enemy
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by wtfcoded: 7:35pm On May 21, 2018
Clyod:
red sand everywhere..smh
That's because we are rich.
cool
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by hamzyluv(m): 8:05pm On May 21, 2018
CowHard:
Kids being inducted into the ceremony
that small boy head .. Hmmmmmm
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by CowHard: 11:19pm On May 21, 2018
opribo:
OP, is this masquerade festival in Enugu an all male affair because I can't see any woman near there.

That place is where the masquerades get dressed and women are prohibited from the area.
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by flex04(m): 3:58pm On May 25, 2018
opribo:
OP, is this masquerade festival in Enugu an all male affair because I can't see any woman near there.

Any woman you see there know say she big pass those mascq., easterner's stuffs no be like westerner's own o
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by flex04(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2018
wtfcoded:

That's because we are rich.
cool

i sense ezike people...SMH
Re: Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 12:00am On Dec 30, 2018
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beauty Of Igbo Women / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / Similarity Between Bini And Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.