Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:55 PM

Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games (43499 Views)

Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football / Manchester City To Bid Emotional Farewell To Club Legend, Sergio Aguero / Aaron Ramsey In Tears As He Bids Farewell To Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 19, 2018
Used to watch this man on italian league highlights on sundays. I don old o
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Such a lacklustre career.
Imagine the years he put into football yet he never lifted a mere Champion's league cup.

I know the real reason he is retiring is because of how bad Cristiano Ronaldo humiliated him and the sad realization that CR7 will be lifting the Champions league cup again this year.
3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,
He can go back to receiving BJs on yachts.

I am also suicidal Madrid nigga... But common man show some #Respect!
Gigi is a legend.

2 Likes

Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by kmaster007: 9:57pm On May 19, 2018
legend not like dat of our uncle Jay way liv football earlier. bros Jay suld com and see dis
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by thorpido(m): 9:58pm On May 19, 2018
hilroy:
Greatest keeper ever
Naaaaa.One of the best but not even the first two.
You ever heard of Lev Yashin of Russia or Dino Zoff of Italy?Those are the best two ever.
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by LZAA: 10:07pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Imagine the years he put into football yet he never lifted a mere Champion's league cup.

I know the real reason he is retiring is because of how bad Cristiano Ronaldo humiliated him and the sad realization that CR7 will be lifting the Champions league cup again this year.
3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,

Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by LZAA: 10:09pm On May 19, 2018
thorpido:
You ever heard of Lev Yashin of Russia or Dino Zoff of Italy?Those are the best two ever.
Yashin yea
zoff? u kidding right?
zoff was good but long shots beat him easily
peter schemichel was way better than zoff
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by thorpido(m): 10:11pm On May 19, 2018
LZAA:

Yashin yea
zoff? u kidding right?
zoff was good but long shots beat him easily
peter schemichel was way better than zoff
Long shot was his weakness but he was better in other aspects.
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:12pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,

He has won the greatest price in football which is the world cup, which your Ronaldo and Messi might not touch throughout their careers

3 Likes

Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Ologogoro: 10:12pm On May 19, 2018
Pentools:

U can't dispute that bro, but that red card against Buffon who was the captain was unfair, he protested as the team captain and besides, the game at that moment was so intense and the players where under heat and pressure.
In my opinion he should have ignored Buffon's reactions or worst case give a yellow card rather than straight red.

I feel relieved that you accept the fact that it was a clear PK, I understand Buffon he was so hurt but the ref is always in control, Do you even know what exactly Buffon said to warrant the Red Card? I think the ref knows better and Buffon have only himself to Blame.
Not winning the Champions league won't take anything away from a legend such as Buffon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:13pm On May 19, 2018
whiteTORTIISE:
Old Papa youngi.....

Zidane last match red card
Buffon last match red card.

awon apari meji
It seems you dey see another Buffon. Which Buffon Pari?
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by clive2u(m): 10:16pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,

at least he's won the world cup
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by timibare(m): 10:16pm On May 19, 2018
whiteTORTIISE:
Old Papa youngi.....

Zidane last match red card Buffon last match red card.

awon apari meji
but Buffon isn't bald , are you sure ur OK?
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:17pm On May 19, 2018
The one of the best goal keeper in the world, arguably the best goal keeper in the 21st century. The role model of most goal keepers. I will miss him, everything that has a beginning must have an end. Adios! Buffon.
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by asuzor11(m): 10:18pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,

God please disregard this statement when favouring Madrid in Jesus name Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by 8stargeneral: 10:19pm On May 19, 2018
Great legend,we wish well.
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by LZAA: 10:24pm On May 19, 2018
thorpido:
Long shot was his weakness but he was better in other aspects.
dino zoff wasn't even the best italian keeper
schemichel is consisently mentioned in top 5 keepers
but lets be fair and compare zoff to his generation
see keepers better than zoff:
sepp maier
peter shilton
not a long list as zoff was great but top two?nahhhhhh
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by seyiseyi11: 10:29pm On May 19, 2018
whiteTORTIISE:
Old Papa youngi.....

Buffon did not collect red card ooo read it wel

awon apari meji
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Pentools(m): 10:35pm On May 19, 2018
Ologogoro:

I feel relieved that you accept the fact that it was a clear PK, I understand Buffon he was so hurt but the ref is always in control, Do you even know what exactly Buffon said to warrant the Red Card? I think the ref knows better and Buffon have only himself to Blame.
Not winning the Champions league won't take anything away from a legend such as Buffon.

It boils down to anger management anyway, although it can't be worse than zinedine zidane's case at the world cup finals against Italy some years back..
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by mechanics(m): 10:36pm On May 19, 2018
Has he retired finally or going to another club?
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:40pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,

Too lame.... Who stole your handle undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by kingkhan(m): 10:51pm On May 19, 2018
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=67705861] shocked

3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,

but he won wold cup

]
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by okachie1(m): 10:53pm On May 19, 2018
fakeprophet:
A dedicated and highly committed fellow, unlike these days footballers that easy port their tent to club with higher wages
Italians are known for such....

1 Like

Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by whiteTORTIISE(m): 10:53pm On May 19, 2018
timibare:
but Buffon isn't bald , are you sure ur OK?

i am sure you are not very fine
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by chinazapercy(m): 11:04pm On May 19, 2018
dis one nah legend
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Viking007(m): 11:12pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,

Cc: vampire2020, this is my reply. cheesy
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by BOJO123(m): 11:16pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,

embarassed this one is not okay...hope u know delima ronaldo also hasn't won the champions league?
Neither has cr7 played even a world cup final let alone winning it,..just give honour to a legend when u see one ..and stop saying trash.
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Biggaboi(m): 11:20pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

3 times in a row.

I'm happy for him sha,

I've read and ignored enough of ur foul mouthed tirade since I joined nairaland but you went too far this time!
I doubt you'll ever achieve a fraction of what Gigi has achieved so go brush ur mouth mouth may God forgive you!

1 Like

Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Reference(m): 11:21pm On May 19, 2018
Sad day...well... all good things must come to an end. All hail the old lady as she leaves the building. Thank you Gigi.
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by hilroy: 11:22pm On May 19, 2018
thorpido:

Yes I heard their names, but I never saw them play. So, as far as I know Buffon is the greatest ever.
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by histemple: 11:54pm On May 19, 2018
whiteTORTIISE:
Old Papa youngi.....

awon apari meji

Where did you see red card today? No Juventus player received even a yellow card today.
Re: Buffon Bids Tearful Farewell To Juve After 656 Games by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 19, 2018
Viking007:
Cc: vampire2020, this is my reply. cheesy

This Nwamaikpe of a guy is an intelligent-fool.

cheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Stadium, Nominated As World Stadium Of The Year (Pic) / Cristiano Ronaldo Buys Fiancée Georgina A ₦70m Louis Vuitton Jewellery Box (Pix) / Pictorial: Tears, Jubilation After Copa America 2021 Final Match (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.