Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid (3754 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / Why Do Muslims Smoke Nicotine And Substances That They Avoid In Alcoholic Drinks / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 11:47pm On May 19, 2018
Luke 14:12-14 New International Version (NIV)

12 Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. 13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”

This is an express command from Jesus christ himself, it is not a metaphor, this is clear and express. Jesus did not mix words here. Yet it is a commandment almost no christian practices. Why?

since i was born till date, i have Never seen a christian practice this

James 1:27 New International Version (NIV)

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

These are obviously more important commandments than tithing that was never commanded in the new testament and yet christians have failed to practice this while donating to the building of mega churches, buying of unnecessary worldly possessions all with the excuse that jesus rode on a borrowed donkey and jesus was never poor.

It is time we question if we truely have a heart or just serving God for money
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Emekus92(m): 12:09am On May 20, 2018
So u never hear Charity b4? Or the church u go rich don't give to poor?

Well in other places there's this thing called Charity a contribution made by those that have to those that don't have.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 12:14am On May 20, 2018
Emekus92:
So u never hear Charity b4? Or the church u go rich don't give to poor?

Well in other places there's this thing called Charity a contribution made by those that have to those that don't have.
are you sure you are educated? Cant you read? Were did jesus say if you do charity you are excused? He clearly said only do parties with such people who are poor and cant repay you. You can choose to add charity to it

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by CAPSLOCKED: 12:19am On May 20, 2018
THESE PEOPLE DON'T REALLY PRACTICE WHAT THEY CLAIM TO BELIEVE.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Emekus92(m): 12:20am On May 20, 2018
and who told you that those people get paid or compensation for helping the poor.
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by TheNazarene: 12:22am On May 20, 2018
Even in the common actions of life, Christ marks what we do, not only in our religious assemblies, but at our tables. We see in many cases, that a man's pride will bring him low, and before honour is humility. Our Saviour here teaches, that works of charity are better than works of show. But our Lord did not mean that a proud and unbelieving liberality should be rewarded, but that his precept of doing good to the poor and afflicted should be observed from love to him.

Copied from Matthew Henry's Commentary, you should get one
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Emekus92(m): 12:30am On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:
are you sure you are educated? Cant you read? Were did jesus say if you do charity you are excused? He clearly said only do parties with such people who are poor and cant repay you. You can choose to add charity to it
oh the 1st chapter

Well I haven't seen such happen.

They can be fed 4 one corner. but to invite them to the main party even all the G.O wey dey this world no go try am

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 12:34am On May 20, 2018
Emekus92:

oh the 1st chapter

Well I haven't seen such happen.

They can be fed 4 one corner. but to invite them to the main party even all the G.O wey dey this world no go try am
glad you understand my point. Why dont christians do this?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Emekus92(m): 12:44am On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:
glad you understand my point. Why dont christians do this?
I don't know o. can't say 4 others
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 8:10am On May 20, 2018
Emekus92:

I don't know o. can't say 4 others
so why dont you practice this commandment?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Emekus92(m): 9:09am On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:
so why dont you practice this commandment?

I'm not rich in that terms. and I have not celebrate anything
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Gboyee4fun(m): 10:00am On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:
Luke 14:12-14 New International Version (NIV)

12 Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. 13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”

This is an express command from Jesus christ himself, it is not a metaphor, this is clear and express. Jesus did not mix words here. Yet it is a commandment almost no christian practices. Why?

since i was born till date, i have Never seen a christian practice this

James 1:27 New International Version (NIV)

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

These are obviously more important commandments than tithing that was never commanded in the new testament and yet christians have failed to practice this while donating to the building of mega churches, buying of unnecessary worldly possessions all with the excuse that jesus rode on a borrowed donkey and jesus was never poor.

It is time we question if we truely have a heart or just serving God for money
Who are the 'we' in your last statement? Are you referring to we Christians + yourself inclusive or..? angry

You don't believe in Jesus Christ yet you claimed the verse you quoted are not metaphor and you sounded sure in your write up that Jesus himself said those words......you're supporting the word of someone you don't believe...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 10:24am On May 20, 2018
Gboyee4fun:

Who are the 'we' in your last statement? Are you referring to we Christians + yourself inclusive or..? angry

You don't believe in Jesus Christ yet you claimed the verse you quoted are not metaphor and you sounded sure in your write up that Jesus himself said those words......you're supporting the word of someone you don't believe...

Are you done yapping?
So why dont christians practice this command from Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Gboyee4fun(m): 1:28pm On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:

Are you done yapping?
So why dont christians practice this command from Jesus?

And who are you that we Christians should answer to your claim sad

And when did Jesus complained to you that we Christians are not obeying his commands? shocked
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HappyPagan: 1:53pm On May 20, 2018
Gboyee4fun:

And when did Jesus complained to you that we Christians are not obeying his commands? shocked
If you have no answer to his question, say so. This deflection is unnecessary and quite frankly childish. unless you are that butterfly guy.
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Gboyee4fun(m): 2:05pm On May 20, 2018
HappyPagan:

If you have no answer to his question, say so. This deflection is unnecessary and quite frankly childish. unless you are that butterfly guy.

He didn't ask question rather he accused Christians and we Christians have no obligation to answer to his accusation because he's not the one in charge of our salvation...so his headache if he thinks Christians are not obeying the command of their master.
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 2:36pm On May 20, 2018
Gboyee4fun:

more yapping. All of a sudden you realize your hypocrisy, instead of repenting you are trying to dodge bullets. Or has jesus seized being who you must follow? Why are you struggling to accept his command?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 2:39pm On May 20, 2018
HappyPagan:

there is almost no christian that is not an hypocrite. I brought an instruction given by Jesus Christ himself to light, instead of him repenting, he is busy playing with his soul. Why cant he just be humble and accept the word of God
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Maamin(m): 4:23pm On May 20, 2018
@OP, how do you know that no Christian is practising this commandment?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Gboyee4fun(m): 4:41pm On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:
more yapping. All of a sudden you realize your hypocrisy, instead of repenting you are trying to dodge bullets. Or has jesus seized being who you must follow? Why are you struggling to accept his command?

Wow, all glory to Jesus then that a backslider can still realised that Jesus is still the way, the truth and the life and that his command is a must for every believers to obey. I encourage you to continue preaching the truth man wink wink wink

And assuming you've cleared ur position to be a Christian I would have said in your mind now you're the only true Christian that is obeying the commands of Christ and all other Christians are struggling or not obeying his commands at all. cry
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Gboyee4fun(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:
there is almost no christian that is not an hypocrite. I brought an instruction given by Jesus Christ himself to light, instead of him repenting, he is busy playing with his soul. Why cant he just be humble and accept the word of God

tongue tongue tongue let me play with my soul, and mind you, you don't brought up any new instructions, but wait, you're the one that need to be humble and tell us if you're now a Christian that believe in God cheesy
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Ranchhoddas: 4:54pm On May 20, 2018
Jesus was the only true Christian

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 4:59pm On May 20, 2018
Gboyee4fun:

tongue tongue tongue let me play with my soul, and mind you, you don't brought up any new instructions, but wait, you're the one that need to be humble and tell us if you're now a Christian that believe in God cheesy
what a pity. And you would also claim to be educated? I am not a christian, you are and i call you an hypocrite cos you dont do what your master asks you to do. It only goes to show you dont believe or respect your master, when you spit on your master why should i not do the same? Sure you still dont get it
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 5:03pm On May 20, 2018
Gboyee4fun:

Wow, all glory to Jesus then that a backslider can still realised that Jesus is still the way, the truth and the life and that his command is a must for every believers to obey. I encourage you to continue preaching the truth man wink wink wink

And assuming you've cleared ur position to be a Christian I would have said in your mind now you're the only true Christian that is obeying the commands of Christ and all other Christians are struggling or not obeying his commands at all. cry
Why do you bring shame to ur master? You do not honour him when you dont obey him and can shamelessly yap in public unrepentantly. Thanks to people like you, the teaching of christ would die sooner than later. You realize your master's teachings are not practical, that is why you dont follow them. Would have been better to be a proper rebel than a pretentious one. Neither cold nor hot, you wld be spat out like a bitter spittle u are to ur master
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 5:04pm On May 20, 2018
Maamin:
@OP, how do you know that no Christian is practising this commandment?
cos i have seen none. Or do you practice it?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 5:05pm On May 20, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Jesus was the only true Christian
yeah, his teaching were so impractical, his followers have created their own religion one in which it is about tithes and enemies dying by fire.
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 5:11pm On May 20, 2018
We now have almost 400 views on this topic and only 2 christians have replied, why are others running away? Bunch of hypocrites, worse than the people they call sinners. Disobedient followers, useless to humanity. #spits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Gboyee4fun(m): 5:26pm On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:

Why do you bring shame to ur master? You do not honour him when you dont obey him and can shamelessly yap in public unrepentantly. Thanks to people like you, the teaching of christ would die sooner than later. You realize your master's teachings are not practical, that is why you dont follow them. Would have been better to be a proper rebel than a pretentious one. Neither cold nor hot, you wld be spat out like a bitter spittle u are to ur master

I can't just laugh, but thank God you realized the existence of my master and in all your accusations your are the one preaching Christ and his command in pretense which is still welcome in Christendom
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 5:35pm On May 20, 2018
Gboyee4fun:

I can't just laugh, but thank God you realized the existence of my master and in all your accusations your are the one preaching Christ and his command in pretense which is still welcome in Christendom
have you been able to tell us why you dont obey this instruction so far?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Gboyee4fun(m): 6:51pm On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:
have you been able to tell us why you dont obey this instruction so far?

And who the hell are you for me to be accounting my lifestyle to? Who u epp?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Gboyee4fun(m): 6:55pm On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:
cos i have seen none. Or do you practice it?

Now you're the one that quoted the commandments and I'm sure you see the conclusion part of not being spotted by the world and yet you're looking for one...continue looking Mr man, just know that you can't see as long as you're not a Christian
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Gboyee4fun(m): 6:57pm On May 20, 2018
HardMirror:
We now have almost 400 views on this topic and only 2 christians have replied, why are others running away? Bunch of hypocrites, worse than the people they call sinners. Disobedient followers, useless to humanity. #spits

Pain in the heart of a backslider.. cheesy cheesy cheesy keep crying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists / Where Are All The Black Atheist? / An Atheist Chat With A Christian (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.