Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked (2343 Views)

Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 20, 2018
In a reverse reply to a heycorleone that claimed the catholic churches don't collect tithes,I can't help but stumble on this savage but sensitive expository reply by capslocked (see ur head grin)

I quote:

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH COLLECTS TITHE.
- THE CATHOLIC CHURCH COLLECT OFFERINGS EVERY SUNDAY, YOU'LL HEAR THINGS LIKE FIRST COLLECTION, SECOND COLLECTION, THIRD COLLECTION.. AND SOMETIMES "SPECIAL COLLECTION". ALL THIS DURING A SINGLE MASS. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DOESN'T COME OUT STRAIGHT TO DEMAND FOR COINS BUT USES SUPREME TECHNIQUES TO EXTORT IT'S MEMBERS.

- YOU MUST REALLY BE A CHILD TO THINK THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT A ONE-MAN BUSINESS. ALL THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES IN THE WORLD SENDS MOST OF THEIR MONEY MONTHLY/YEARLY TO ROME. OR HAVEN'T YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT "TARGET"?
THE CHURCHES ARE MANDATED TO MEET THIS OR THAT TARGET MONTHLY.. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE ALWAYS DEMANDING THIS AND THAT OFFERINGS UP TO FOUR COLLECTIONS PER MASS. AT THE END THEY SEND ALL THE MONEY TO THE DIOCESE.. THEN TO ROME THROUGH THE APPROPRIATE CHANNEL.

THIS IS ORGANIZED SLAVERY. BLACK MAN SENDING MONEY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE WHITEMANS VATICAN CITY... WHILE OUR OWN LANDS STAY POOR... IN THE NAME OF RELIGION. RUMOR HAS IT THAT THE VALUE OF GOLD IN THE VATICAN IS ENOUGH TO FEED THE ENTIRE AFRICAN CONTINENT FOR A CENTURY.

YOU FAILED AT PAINTING PENTECOSTAL PEOPLE BAD, WHATEVER THEY DO WAS BORROWED FROM YOUR BELOVED CATHOLIC CHURCH.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Airtimex(m): 12:14pm On May 20, 2018
What is the meaning of these Mrs
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 20, 2018
Airtimex:
What is the meaning of these Mrs
ask the writer if u nid explanation. I made reference to him.
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by johnmba: 12:24pm On May 20, 2018
Rubbish
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Airtimex(m): 12:30pm On May 20, 2018
Lilisticlili:
ask the writer if u nid explanation. I made reference to him.

OK ma'am

1 Like

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by tchimatic(m): 12:41pm On May 20, 2018
op... you guys are just unimaginable. the Catholic missionaries evabgelized our grandfathers and grandmothers with the collections they receive from their countries. All the old priests in Nigeria and Africa contributed nothing to their education.
the old missionary schools were built by the collections from the European parishes.
The extortion you think that's being metted on you in your parish by the Catholic priest or the target u think the priest works to achieve are being used for the poor churches in Africa and Nigeria.
Onitsha archdiocese has some dioceses in chad, kenya, togo and cameroun they send money to monthly.
If u think you're being extorted, change to another church and stop castigating the Catholic church.

11 Likes

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by nelxxy(m): 12:48pm On May 20, 2018
op why you dey carry Catholic matter like Mathias nawa ooo. you are not done with culture things now this. smh
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 20, 2018
tchimatic:
op... you guys are just unimaginable. the Catholic missionaries evabgelized our grandfathers and grandmothers with the collections they receive from their countries. All the old priests in Nigeria and Africa contributed nothing to their education.
the old missionary schools were built by the collections from the European parishes.
The extortion you think that's being metted on you in your parish by the Catholic priest or the target u think the priest works to achieve are being used for the poor churches in Africa and Nigeria.
Onitsha archdiocese has some dioceses in chad, kenya, togo and cameroun they send money to monthly.
If u think you're being extorted, change to another church and stop castigating the Catholic church.
I love ur write up.
But am not stupid,I pushed it this limit to learn
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by HeyCorleone(m): 12:55pm On May 20, 2018
Lilisticlili:
In a reverse reply to a heycorleone that claimed the catholic churches don't collect tithes,I can't help but stumble on this savage but sensitive expository reply by capslocked (see ur head grin)

I quote:

- THE CATHOLIC CHURCH COLLECT OFFERINGS EVERY SUNDAY, YOU'LL HEAR THINGS LIKE FIRST COLLECTION, SECOND COLLECTION, THIRD COLLECTION.. AND SOMETIMES "SPECIAL COLLECTION". ALL THIS DURING A SINGLE MASS. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DOESN'T COME OUT STRAIGHT TO DEMAND FOR COINS BUT USES SUPREME TECHNIQUES TO EXTORT IT'S MEMBERS.

- YOU MUST REALLY BE A CHILD TO THINK THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT A ONE-MAN BUSINESS. ALL THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES IN THE WORLD SENDS MOST OF THEIR MONEY MONTHLY/YEARLY TO ROME. OR HAVEN'T YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT "TARGET"?
THE CHURCHES ARE MANDATED TO MEET THIS OR THAT TARGET MONTHLY.. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE ALWAYS DEMANDING THIS AND THAT OFFERINGS UP TO FOUR COLLECTIONS PER MASS. AT THE END THEY SEND ALL THE MONEY TO THE DIOCESE.. THEN TO ROME THROUGH THE APPROPRIATE CHANNEL.

THIS IS ORGANIZED SLAVERY. BLACK MAN SENDING MONEY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE WHITEMANS VATICAN CITY... WHILE OUR OWN LANDS STAY POOR... IN THE NAME OF RELIGION. RUMOR HAS IT THAT THE VALUE OF GOLD IN THE VATICAN IS ENOUGH TO FEED THE ENTIRE AFRICAN CONTINENT FOR A CENTURY.

YOU FAILED AT PAINTING PENTECOSTAL PEOPLE BAD, WHATEVER THEY DO WAS BORROWED FROM YOUR BELOVED CATHOLIC CHURCH.

You're not only dumb, you're also unable to read.

I can remember typing "the Catholic church doesn't place emphasis on tithe", and by such I meant not that it doesn't collect tithe, but Catholic priests never preach about tithe. There are Sundays in my church where the Priest calls those for tithes and no one comes out or only a few persons and he doesn't comment on it. He doesn't say we'd go to hell for not tithing. Another Priest said tithe shouldn't be money alone; if you can sing in choir, it's enough, if you can conduct as a church warden, that's enough.

So I stand by my statement still. "the Catholic church doesn't place emphasis on tithe".

And the reply you have further strengthens my guess that your post was just to castigate the Catholic church. I find it funny. At the same time depressing. People have tried. People way more powerful than you. Centuries upon centuries. It just can't work. The Catholic church would still be in existence long after the likes of Redeem are long gone.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 20, 2018
HeyCorleone:

You're not only dumb, you're also unable to read.

I can remember typing "the Catholic church doesn't place emphasis on tithe", and by such I meant not that it doesn't collect tithe, but Catholic priests never preach about tithe. There are Sundays in my church where the Priest calls those for tithes and no one comes out or only a few persons and he doesn't comment on it. He doesn't say we'd go to hell for not tithing. Another Priest said tithe shouldn't be money alone; if you can sing in choir, it's enough, if you can conduct as a church warden, that's enough.

So I stand by my statement still. "the Catholic church doesn't place emphasis on tithe".

And the reply you have further strengthens my guess that your post was just to castigate the Catholic church. I find it funny. At the same time depressing. People have tried. People way more powerful than you. Centuries upon centuries. It just can't work. The Catholic church would still be in existence long after the likes of Redeem are long gone.
how can ur priest tell u to offer ur tithe as "singing in choir and other stuffs" is that the one tenth of ur income thatt the bible commanded?

Oh I guess catholic don't read bible but read the words on d lip of the priest.

But why are u calling me names as well,we are learning so pls don't feel pained.

1 Like

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by HeyCorleone(m): 1:07pm On May 20, 2018
Lilisticlili:
how can ur priest tell u to offer ur tithe as "singing in choir and other stuffs" is that the one tenth of ur income thatt the bible commanded?

But why are u calling me names as well,we are learning so pls don't feel pained.

"One tenth of Your income" is old Jewish Law. Many Priests have said this and the Bible further reaffirms it since it's only found in the Old testament and never in the new testament

You see to become a Priest you spend over 10 years learning Philosophy and Theology, and in the process you stumble upon ancient and eschatological texts. That is why a Catholic Priest at ordination is far far far knowledgeable than Pentecostal clergymen.

Our Priest knows there's no point blackmailing us. I watched a video where Mike Okonkwo, GO of TREM actually confessed that he used the issue of tithe to blackmail people when he was just starting out.

Some other pastors have agreed that tithe is not compulsory. The Catholic church only borrowed the "name", not the complete practice as we are neither Jews nor our Priests Levites.

Besides, the Bible says "one tenth of your harvest", and note that at that time there was money already still it insisted on harvest. People did other works then apart from Farming still it insisted on harvest.

So next time you're tithing why don't you take your 1/10 of your farm produce to church.

Sheep.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by HeyCorleone(m): 1:11pm On May 20, 2018
And the fact that this thread is informed by the opinion of an atheist whose opinions too has been informed by media that is against the Catholic church only shows too well how intelligent you are with an iQ below sea level.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by SalC: 3:28pm On May 20, 2018
So Op the untold story you want us to read about the catholic church and tithe is the post of someone you can't even defend?.
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by CAPSLOCKED: 3:56pm On May 20, 2018

LOL, WHAT IS THIS?
I JUST MADE A COMMENT AND YOU MADE A THREAD WITH IT.. grin

Lilisticlili:

CATHOLICS HARDLY READ THE BIBLE.... HARDLY.

FROM AS EARLY AS 2 WE WERE INTRODUCED TO BULLETINS.
THESE ARE PRINTED MATERIALS THAT CONTAIN A FEW BIBLE VERSES.. YOU BUY THEM EVERY SUNDAY MORNING AT THE BULLETIN STAND AT THE CHURCH PREMISES.
EVERY PARISH HAD THEIRS WITH THEIR NAMES AND LOGOS IN FRONT.

THEN CAME THE WEEKLY BULLETINS, WHICH CONTAINS VERSES FROM THE BIBLE THAT WILL BE READ IN THE NEXT 7 DAYS.

FOLLOWED BY THE MONTHLY BULLETINS.
(IT'S NOT COMPULSORY TO BUY THESE BUT.. CHURCHES MAKE MAD SALES AND LOTS OF MONEY FROM SELLING THE PIECES OF PAPER).
BECAUSE OF THIS, PEOPLE WENT TO CHURCH WITH ONLY THEIR PHONES AND HANDKERCHIEVES AND HARDLY OWNED BIBLES (BIG, BULKY STUFF, STRESSFUL TO CARRY AROUND).

YEAR IN, YEAR OUT.. THESE SAME PARTICULAR VERSES ARE BEING READ EVERY SUNDAY. NOTHING NEW..

SO EVERYTHING ABOUT CATHOLISM THAT IS NEEDED BY THESE GUYS IS HEARD FROM THE PRIEST'S MOUTH.

CENTURIES AGO CHRISTIANS WEREN'T EVEN ALLOWED TO SEE THE BIBLE.. LET ALONE READ IT. THEY HAD TO LISTEN TO THE WORD OF GOD FROM THE REVERENDS WHO WOULD TWIST AND MODIFY IT'S CONTENTS HOW THEY PREFERRED.

SO YOU'RE CORRECT ABOUT A LOT OF "PEOPLE" NOT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT THE BIBLE.

HeyCorleone:
And the fact that this thread is informed by the opinion of an atheist whose opinions too has been informed by media that is against the Catholic church only shows too well how intelligent you are with an iQ below sea level.

THE NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PEOPLE, BE BRAVE ABOUT IT. DON'T DO UNDERGROUND STUNTS LIKE THIS...

YOUR COMMENT CONTAINS NO TRUTH.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 20, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL, WHAT IS THIS?

THESE ARE PRINTED MATERIALS THAT CONTAIN A FEW BIBLE VERSES.. YOU BUY THEM EVERY SUNDAY MORNING AT THE BULLETIN STAND AT THE CHURCH PREMISES.

THEN CAME THE WEEKLY BULLETINS, WHICH CONTAINS VERSES FROM THE BIBLE THAT WILL BE READ IN THE NEXT 7 DAYS.

(IT'S NOT COMPULSORY TO BUY THESE BUT.. CHURCHES MAKE MAD SALES AND LOTS OF MONEY FROM SELLING THE PIECES OF PAPER).
BECAUSE OF THIS, PEOPLE WENT TO CHURCH WITH ONLY THEIR PHONES AND HANDKERCHIEVES AND HARDLY OWNED BIBLES (BIG, BULKY STUFF, STRESSFUL TO CARRY AROUND).

YEAR IN, YEAR OUT.. THESE SAME PARTICULAR VERSES ARE BEING READ EVERY SUNDAY. NOTHING NEW..

SO EVERYTHING ABOUT CATHOLISM THAT IS NEEDED BY THESE GUYS IS HEARD FROM THE PRIEST'S MOUTH.

CENTURIES AGO CHRISTIANS WEREN'T EVEN ALLOWED TO SEE THE BIBLE.. LET ALONE READ IT. THEY HAD TO LISTEN TO THE WORD OF GOD FROM THE REVERENDS WHO WOULD TWIST AND MODIFY IT'S CONTENTS HOW THEY PREFERRED.

THE NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PEOPLE, BE BRAVE ABOUT IT. DON'T DO UNDERGROUND STUNTS LIKE THIS...

If only they know,even nobody worship God in truth nd spirit anymore,rather they have traditionalized,personalized,comercialized and politicised christinity. The moniker heycorleone thinks everyone is brain washed like him so I hav to bring it back

1 Like

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by JoannaSedley(f): 7:45pm On May 20, 2018
I am waiting for exposé and all I can find is a hearsay from an ex Catholic and renowned atheist who is being cheered by his unlettered cheerleader.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 20, 2018
JoannaSedley:
I am waiting for exposé and all I can find is a hearsay from an ex Catholic and renowned atheist who is being cheered by his unlettered cheerleader.
unlettered you say?
Lol....pls dnt crack me up.
I won't give you wat u want,just be ok with this
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by JoannaSedley(f): 8:16pm On May 20, 2018
Lilisticlili:
unlettered you say?
Lol....pls dnt crack me up.
I won't give you wat u want,just be ok with this
Stop abbreviating your posts it bothers my sight. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 20, 2018
All Religions are Money Making machines, the Catholics very included.

The money goes through the Vatican, then disappears.

All the Golds from this planet ends up in the hands of the few, the Vatican, Her Royal Majesty the Queen and the 33 families.

They own all Religions until the Nigerians showed up alongside other preachers who run these empires and transfer their assets to their children.

It is all business.
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 20, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Stop abbreviating your posts it bothers my sight. Thanks
my dear u belong to 3 places,
1. Leave my thread
2. Leave social media
3. Or go to hades or tartarus

Choose!

1 Like

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by TabletMan: 9:29pm On May 20, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL, WHAT IS THIS?

Ignorance is another name for this post.
You are one of the Ex-Catholic forming atheist that knows nothing about catholic. Bulletin does not contain few verses but it contains required chapter and verse from the daily readings. The catholic church have three calendar year and each year have its own chapters for daily masses so tell me why catholic won't cover its 176books withing three years? You are obviously one of the back sitters and late comers who come close to church only on Sunday claiming to know everything in the catholic faith. FYI Catholic church also have belivary(book like bible) where we draw all the chapters about hymns and praises from the bible and it is mandatory to sing one particular hymns each day, the book serves as guide to know the hymns for each day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Aeman(m): 9:34pm On May 20, 2018
Op ur uselessness cannot be emphasized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 20, 2018
Aeman:
Op ur uselessness cannot be emphasized.
yours just got emphasized.

E pain am
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by JoannaSedley(f): 7:36am On May 21, 2018
Lilisticlili:
my dear u belong to 3 places,
1. Leave my thread
2. Leave social media
3. Or go to hades or tartarus

Choose!
Poor choice of words I must say

2 Likes

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by CAPSLOCKED: 10:32am On May 21, 2018
TabletMan:
Ignorance is another name for this post.
You are one of the Ex-Catholic forming atheist that knows nothing about catholic. Bulletin does not contain few verses but it contains required chapter and verse from the daily readings. The catholic church have three calendar year and each year have its own chapters for daily masses so tell me why catholic won't cover its 176books withing three years? You are obviously one of the back sitters and late comers who come close to church only on Sunday claiming to know everything in the catholic faith. FYI Catholic church also have belivary(book like bible) where we draw all the chapters about hymns and praises from the bible and it is mandatory to sing one particular hymns each day, the book serves as guide to know the hymns for each day.

YOU IMBECìLE!
IT'S SPELT "BREVIARY" AND IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE BIBLE. JUST A PRAYER BOOK.. I HAVE MINE WITH ME TILL THIS DAY, AND I SING THE HYMNS IN IT.
THE MORE YOU QUOTE ME TO SHOW YOUR LACK OF AWARENESS ON THIS SUBJECT, THE MORE YOUR PRIESTS AND CARDINALS JEER AND DRINK WINE TO THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

5 Likes

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 21, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Poor choice of words I must say
due to the poor use of ur brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by TabletMan: 6:19pm On May 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU IMBECìLE!
IT'S SPELT "BREVIARY" AND IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE BIBLE. JUST A PRAYER BOOK.. I HAVE MINE WITH ME TILL THIS DAY, AND I SING THE HYMNS IN IT.
THE MORE YOU QUOTE ME TO SHOW YOUR LACK OF AWARENESS ON THIS SUBJECT, THE MORE YOUR PRIESTS AND CARDINALS JEER AND DRINK WINE TO THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS.
Did I call it a bible ? Don't you know how to read again? don't show me how stupid and senseless you're. The prayers in them and the hymns in them are from different chapters in the bible.
I still insist that you know nothing about Roman catholic church.
The pope Leo x you're using for your stupid and senseless attack was a pope when the church was still divided and being a pope that time is more of roman politics than church appointment because of the crusaders war across the globe.
After the crusaders war, Roman Catholic Church got rid of all the ties it had with Roman or world politics, so Mr unintelligent and uninformed atheist, the Catholic Church we have today is a reformed Church .
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Ubenedictus(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2018
this response was already given.

I was born and raised a Catholic (I'm not religious at all any more). I've never met a Catholic in my life who pays tithe. Not once. All the churches I grew up going to in Lagos (St Dominic in Yaba, St Agnes in Maryland, Holy Family in Festac), I never once heard anyone solicit for tithes. Ever. Not once. You could pick out 100 Catholics randomly and not a single one of them pays tithes. I've heard in some of the rural communities in the South East, parishes solicit tithes, but I've never witnessed it myself. For most of the calendar, 1st and 2nd collections is what I grew up knowing, but during Harvest periods, the frequency of collections certainly escalates. Also when the church is building new outstations or undertaking major projects, there are also more collections than usual. And while some of the collections go to the Diocese/Arch Diocese, there are no "targets" as you claim. You can't demote or punish a priest because he doesn't raise enough money for you. Your claim that Catholic churches all over the world send "most of their money to Rome" is false too. The overwhelming majority of funds generated stays within its root Diocese. Once a year, a special collection called Peter's Pence is collected which any Parish/Diocese/Arch Diocese is entitled to skip and many often skip it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Peter%27s_Pence This amount is far less that what the Vatican itself generates. The Vatican generates most of its revenue from tourism and its own commercial dealings from the vast estates it inherited over the centuries. I don't understand in what way the Catholic Church is a one- man business either. Any aspiring priest can dream of being a cardinal or even a Pope. Cardinal Arinze is one of the most senior Cardinals in the Vatican and was one of the favourites in the elections for a new Pope. How is a democratic structure where anyone can rise to anything a "one-man business"? I share your religious skepticism but some organizations are bigger profiteers than others. We don't have to draw a false equivalence to smear every religion as the same. (Quote ) (Report ) 3 Likes ( Like ) ( Share)
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Ubenedictus(m): 3:59pm On May 22, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU IMBECìLE!
Pope Leo didn't make that statement...
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by CAPSLOCKED: 6:55pm On May 22, 2018
Ubenedictus:

LOL, WHAT DO YOU KNOW?

1 Like

Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 22, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the question is,why are you a catholic in this age of mental civilization to the true faith in spiritt?
Re: Tithes: The Catholic Church And Vatican City,untold Story -by Capslocked by flex04(m): 8:24pm On May 22, 2018
Lilisticlili:

I quote:

yea I don't know who fed this into you but as an inplayer in the church let me tell u as far I know

it is true all parishes sends money to rome, they send a specific percentage to the diocese then from there the journey of a specific percentage finds it way to Rome

who said we don't collect tithe...please we gladly do

as for the numbers of collections on a Sunday mass there are two factors that affects it, either the parish priest or the stability of the parish financially. Like ma parish two collections here in Lagos any other one is maybe during Thanksgiving, beside I know of a parish here as of last Sunday which I attended they live on one collection

And Rome I think have always being de pride of the church that's from my own view

please befr quoting me, I tried not to sound like a black man whose head have being washed with religion. so be sincere if at all you want to

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foolishness Of Building Big Churches - Are You Of The Real Church Or The Fake ? / Dealing With Demon Power Assigned Against You / Rape And The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.