Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Police Return N150k Bribe After Viral Facebook Post, Detain SARS Officials - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Return N150k Bribe After Viral Facebook Post, Detain SARS Officials (462 Views)

Police Return $3,000 Extorted By Officers In Rivers To Abia Travellers / Police Return Children Sold For N200,000 To Parents (photo) / 4 Fake SARS Officials Killed In Rivers State (Graphic photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Police Return N150k Bribe After Viral Facebook Post, Detain SARS Officials by dammy13(m): 12:21pm On May 20, 2018
The Rivers State Police command has returned the N150k operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad allegedly extorted from IT consultant, Vaughn Itemuagbor, after his post went viral.

According to Punchng, Itemuagbor, who was also manhandled, was, on Thursday, invited for a discussion on the matter and the N150,000 collected from him, returned.

Speaking on Friday, the victim said he got a call from the spokesperson for the police in the state after his attention was drawn to the story online. He said, “I went there with my lawyer and I narrated my story to him.

He was in obvious shock and he immediately took me upstairs to the office of an assistant commissioner of police who in turn said he got a call from the state commissioner of police regarding my ordeal.

They took the issue seriously. A call was put through to the office of the commander of the FSARS in Rivers State. He immediately ordered a senior officer to take us around the office complex and identify the officers.

I was able to identify the officers with the help of a senior police officer. Though the officers denied the allegation by saying they had never met me before then, the commander immediately ordered that they be detained pending further investigations and disciplinary action.’’

Itemuagbor stated that the money was returned after he signed the necessary legal documents, noting that the SARS commander in the state personally apologised to him for what he went through.

http://kikiotolu.com/police-return-n150k-bribe-after-viral-facebook-post-detain-sars-officials/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi

Re: Police Return N150k Bribe After Viral Facebook Post, Detain SARS Officials by NwaAmaikpe: 12:22pm On May 20, 2018
shocked

Next time,
Cut your beards,
Cut your dreads
And cover up your tattoos.
You can not be looking like Guru Marahaji and expect to be treated like a medical doctor.

You can't dress like a yahooboy and expect SARS to treat you like a pastor.
Your appearance defines you.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Return N150k Bribe After Viral Facebook Post, Detain SARS Officials by IamD18: 12:24pm On May 20, 2018
cheesy
Re: Police Return N150k Bribe After Viral Facebook Post, Detain SARS Officials by rifasenate11(m): 12:25pm On May 20, 2018
so what will happen to the officer that extorted the money... as usual, nothing
Re: Police Return N150k Bribe After Viral Facebook Post, Detain SARS Officials by Mynd44: 12:30pm On May 20, 2018

(1)

Drunk Policeman Shoots Brothers In Delta State (disturbing Photos) / Boy Goes Into Coma After Donating 6 Pints Of Blood (photo) / That Was The Price She Had To Pay: Man Butchers Wife Over Adultery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.