Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi (29561 Views)

Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC / Makarfi Declares Presidential Bid, Battles Atiku For PDP Ticket / Kaduna LGA Election: PDP Release Video Evidence Of Result In Makarfi Ward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by actiondrilling: 3:33pm On May 20, 2018
Ahmed Makarfi, former National Caretaker Committee Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has revealed what he plans to do if he becomes President in 2019.

The former Kaduna State Governor said he would ensure the restructuring of Nigeria with immediate effect.
Makarfi also lamented that government institutions have been designed to serve those in power and not the citizens.

He told Punch: “I don’t want to politicise the issue but it is something that we cannot run away from. In the PDP, we regard it as one of the most important things that we have to fix.
“If I am lucky to be elected by Nigerians, I would make sure that we immediately discuss the nature and timeframe for restructuring.
“Restructuring is institutional. For a long time, the institutions of state, such as security, have been designed to serve those in power and not the citizens. We must remove them from economic domination.

“What new thing is the current government offering? The only new thing is that we are going backward; they are not even building on the gains of the past. I am sure that many Nigerians would prefer yesterday to today in terms of the government in power.
“In school, if a student is asked to repeat a class, such student would learn and try not to repeat the mistakes of the past. We know where we erred and we have learnt our lessons.
“Now, we are dealing with people who don’t even agree that they are making mistakes. Thus, the issue of them learning and getting better is not there.”

http://akelicious..com/2018/05/what-i-will-do-if-i-become-president.html

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Massdamm(m): 3:36pm On May 20, 2018
I smell lies

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 20, 2018
Buhari 2019; Igbo Presidency 2023! After all said and done, the preceeding statement is what will happen.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by mysteriousman(m): 3:40pm On May 20, 2018
Always what I'll do
Politicians are hypocrites

19 Likes

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by swiz123(m): 3:43pm On May 20, 2018
Why isn't tonyebarcanista reporting this

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Ratello: 3:46pm On May 20, 2018
Just take a second look at that man's face and tell me if you see anything Presidential there grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin Makarfi please not you. Atiku to the rescue because he has it as a man. God bless PDP for coming back to life

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 20, 2018
Greetings TonyeBarcanister

Makarfi is a good man. But if he says he's for restructuring, he should have been talking specifically of what kind of restructuring he will institute if Buhari were to decide not to contest, not saying that it is when he is President that he would begin to discuss the nature and time frame for restructuring.

A discussion on the meaning of restructuring can take a very long time. As it means different things to different people.

Restructuring is a nebulous and oblique term. Anyone serious about it should also tell us his own definition of Restructuring. That is what can help the process.

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by ibrahimsalam: 3:49pm On May 20, 2018
buhari is already a disaster we will rather go for a restructured Nigeria than a divided one .

Nigerians will vote massively for any leader that will restructure genuinely than a tyrant who have no reasonably plans but continuous oppression and intimidation of the masses

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by humblenature: 3:52pm On May 20, 2018
lipsrsealed

"Action speaks louder than words.."

Markafi please i beg you dont promise us anything now because we are already heartbroken.

Action is all we want now so u better pray you have the opportunity to even do that.

A lot of people do not know you like I do so you have to create enough awareness.

Its great to know u are a graduate of F.G.C ENUGU(make sure you use it as strategy here in south east)..it will clear roads for u I tell you.

Southern politicians also like you and I myself know you as a nice person..

I believe you will make a good president if you really are determined and listen to the peoples voice.

So, get closer to the people. .. "The voice of the people is the voice of God"

Markafi for president? Who knows..

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by NwaAmaikpe: 3:52pm On May 20, 2018
shocked

Makarfi should go and sit down in an oven.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Authoreety: 3:53pm On May 20, 2018
Pls somebody shld jst tell dat second to comment to shut TFU already...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by raguvanj: 3:53pm On May 20, 2018
Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Coutinho14: 3:53pm On May 20, 2018
hmm

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Narldon: 3:53pm On May 20, 2018

That moment a military man frowns and call you with a shout for wearing an army camouflage, three things leaves your body;
1: your spirit
2: your shadow
3: your ancestors

Finally you are on your own.

11 Likes

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 20, 2018
Ehya

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 20, 2018
Don't worry. You're not becoming president. That I can assure you. The 'dead' are yet to relinquish their mantle.
cool
Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by themonk(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2018
They have packaged another product to sell to the gullible grin

3 Likes 1 Share

I think IGP should campaign for presidency.

5 Likes

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2018
Nigerians can't wait

I see Buharists getting unnecessarily agitated...

2 Likes

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Dannyset(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2018
This one that can't even win primary
Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Firefire(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2018
The liar called Buhary also promised restructuring... But failed to implement including denying all his campaign promises.

Unfortunately, the present administration is so FRAUDLET. “Now, we are dealing with people who don’t even agree that they are making mistakes. Thus, the issue of them learning and getting better is not there.”

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by saintol(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2018
The man in dark glass is already smelling the lies. Look at him very well. Restructuring ko, Restructurelization to Transmission ni. It is when they want something that they will be saying big big grammar that those grandma and grandpa don't understand. Every time, restructuring restructuring... Obj restructuring, Jona restructuring, bubu restructuring, you too want to come and do restructuring. What is it that you people are restructuring that you have not completely restructured. Won fi restructuring se epe fun yin ni.

5 Likes

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2018
What the hell is restructuring
Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 20, 2018
swiz123:
Why isn't tonyebarcanister reporting this
dem dy owe am salary grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Praktikals(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2018
Sai Buhari till Obasanjo gets 6 pack

2 Likes

Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by diplomat058(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2018
kk
Re: What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 20, 2018
Firefire:
Buhary also promised restructuring...
when was that?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"You Can Join Amotekun If You Have Spent 20 Years In Lagos & Speak Yoruba" / Girl Killed In Aba Yesterday During The Search For IPOB Members / BIAFRA Vs Buratai: International Rights Group Release Evidence Against Army.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.