Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Led, Lcd, Or Plasma - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Led, Lcd, Or Plasma (1356 Views)

Itel 1701 (8GB/1GB) no single crack on LCD or digitizer / Repair All Electronic Gadgets: LED, LCD Etc. Home Service Available. / Brand New Philips's 55 Inch Smart Uhd Led Lcd Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 20, 2018
Please advice me.
It's my first time buying a TV set for my family.
I have it in mind to go for a 32" LED TV at least.
But I overheard someone say he'll rather buy Plasma than LED because if LED gets spoilt, one should just go and buy another TV.
Which should I go for, biko?
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by Massdamm(m): 8:01pm On May 20, 2018
cheenway:
Please advice me.
But I overheard someone say he'll rather buy Plasma than LED because if LED gets spoilt, one should just go and buy another TV.

go for plasma
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 20, 2018
Massdamm:

go for plasma
OK. Reasons please
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by Massdamm(m): 8:10pm On May 20, 2018
cheenway:
OK. Reasons please
everything about it is owk... easy to maintain not developing fault
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by not4sure(m): 8:47pm On May 20, 2018
Oled Tv
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:17pm On May 20, 2018
cheenway:
Please advice me.
if it's about maintenence, go for lcd, problem is, it's not longer on sale, so you ve to stick with a fairly used. Instead of an outdated plasma display, buy a led tv.
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by onward4life(m): 5:11am On May 21, 2018
cheenway:
Please advice me.

Nothing like plasma anymore.

Its all Led TV s dese days.

I worth prefer you buy a TV that has inbuilt decorder (skyworth w4).

Very good wen you aint ready to recharge.

And its trending like Gucci and fendi

Just N59,500 32led
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by GRACEGLORY: 5:36am On May 27, 2018
Hi cheenway, I'm sorry if my response on my thread wasn't detailed.

The best of TVs are the recently made ones, that comes with all the functions even for the fact that we might not use most of them. There's no way old models
Are better than recent... it's like saying the 60s large box TVs are better than the recent ones', no way!
Plasma, is an old technology, plus the lcd too. Plasma is heavy, though, it has good display, but not as good as the High definition, nor the Full High definition, not to mention the 4Ks, and the 8Ks which are 4 times, and 8 times clearer in vision than the Full hd.
If considering money, and having a low budget, I'd advise you consider the "LED HD TV." THIS WILL SERVE PERFECTLY as long as you don't need the advance functions in the recent ones'.

Please, do chat me up on WhatsApp for more guidance if need be (0803 054 6462).
Cheers ma'am.
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by otobong085(m): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
onward4life:

Nothing like plasma anymore.

Its all Led TV s dese days.

I worth prefer you buy a TV that has inbuilt decorder (skyworth w4).

Very good wen you aint ready to recharge.

And its trending like Gucci and fendi

Just N59,500 32led

Please how do I set the free to air channels. I just got the 40e2a12g model. Eager to watch free tv
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by onward4life(m): 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
otobong085:

Please how do I set the free to air channels. I just got the 40e2a12g model. Eager to watch free tv

Nice one bro!

Congratulations!!!

Call a free to air installer.

Buy dish and cable wire

And next level tins
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
PLASMA tvs are good but dated out.they consume a lot of power but the panels are good and reliable ... LCD tvs are low power consumption tv and the screen are always bright making it hard to watch movies where there is a direct sunlight while LED tvs are cost and cost to maintain and they consume a lot of power but they can be watch even under a direct sunlight.
My opinion, LED tvs are good and ok only if u have the cash for it but LCD are for lower needs....... if u have a ps vita OLED And LCD version then u gona know what i mean my LCD screen

lalastica..... dnt even go near OLED tvs, they are dam expensive and hard to maintain and the colour they produces are state of the art.
Re: Led, Lcd, Or Plasma by GRACEGLORY: 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
cheenway:
Please advice me.

THOUGH, in nigeria here, we've got a way of renaming and using names and terms. We call all tvs plasma, especially when they're flat, and all tvs ain't plasma.
What is a plasma TV. It's a television set with a plasma screen, which is larger, and thinner compared to the hunch back tv set we used to use, though, designed to be mounted on a wall. And it was this technology that brought about the breakthrough for flat screen tvs. Note, Plasma TV production ended in 2015. After this, technology has improved over years, and the LCD came about, and later, the LED, and now some of the TVs comes in LED-LCD due to advancement. And from the plasma through the LCD, LED, and LED-LCD, clarity differs by large visible margin. Though, some technicians still ignorantly argue that there's no such tv as LED-LCD, even when they have one beign dissected right before their very frogy eyes grin

All of the above stated technology incorporates a couple of same operating features: The Plasma, the LCD, LED, and LED-LCD TVs are all quite flat and thin, all could be mounted on a wall, have internet capacity and even local network, and streaming capability. All similar, but they produce and display images differently.
"Plasma" has an honorable position in the TV history, especially as the major technology that kick started the trend of the flat tvs, wall mount TV. But today, it's no match for the LED, and the LED-LCD technology. The LCD came about after 2014 that the production of the plasma was stopped. The LCD TVs use a totally different technology other than the Plasma tvs to display images.Plasma TVs are not as bright as most LCD tvs. Now that technology has advanced, all LCD tvs use LED lights and are considered LED tvs.

So, not all flat screens are Plasma, or LCD. Based on the explanation above, you're looking at, LED/LED-LCD as an option and they come in different sizes, and with different features. Now you know better.

If it's still confusing, please, chat me: 0803 054 6462

(1) (Reply)

Coral Blue Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus With Complete Accessories 130k. Check Pictures / London Used HP Mini Pavillion 10 Laptop 10" for sale in Kaduna >>>(SOLD❌❌❌) / USA Used HP Folio 9470m Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.