Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! (25583 Views)

How Do You Handle Emotional Blackmail? / What Is It With African/black Parents And Emotional Blackmail? / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by KanwuliaExtra: 12:07pm On May 22, 2018
ozoebuka1:
i pray I never get to mingle with your type... Your pessimism is on another level... Look at how you just pointed out all the bad areas of his predicament with offering a single solution... Da fuq outta here!!! undecided

jibs4lv:
you are one of the reason many people don't like to exploit the goodness of this forum again by seeking advice on relationship, family, business and all that just for the fear of immature insults from kids like you.

For him to express his issue here for reasonable advice from matured minds doesn't mean you should insult his parent now.

Kids have spoilt this forum completely. angry .....op pls move out even if you can't afford apartment for now , go and scot wit a friend.

noble2faith:

You and the person dat liked your post need brain resetting club on your head. Must you insult his parents!

If you cannot understand what you claim to have “read”, then you must be experiencing MAJOR “transmission-apprehension-by-commission-and-omission” mental problems. Please, go and pay your tithes so your babalawo-pastors can free your souls!

Thanks! kiss
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by silverr(f): 1:01pm On May 22, 2018
Ezkid:
Hello house, though some people have accused me of being an ungrateful child by calling out my mother's unbecoming attitude, I wish to state categorically that I do not belong in the group of people that can be tagged as such. But the burdens that rested on my shoulders is very much for a young guy like me and it has taken its toll on my mental and physical health.

I'm a guy that work 6 to 7 hours everyday and I make little amount I can consider enough to sustain the life someone like me should be living as a young simple guy, but because I've made a terrible mistake of relocating from where I was living alone to live with my family, now it has become obvious that my family have considered me as their sole savior and the first button to press whenever they're in need, they've lost total faith in my father and theyve stop disturbing him like before.

Like I told u guys before, Mum is no longer working since she became born again and Dad is out of town, he only come around whenever he got the alerts, but before my relocation he used to send some tokens even before the end of the month, now it seems to me my Dad have capitalized on the fact that I'm working, and I should be responsible for the whole family's upkeep until his arrival
Jeez! Since I got to this house I've not being able to save a penny, my expenses is twice as much as my earnings. Whenever I go to work, I'll come back to meet my mom waiting for me at the balcony with a story of how she's been praying for someone to buy her favorite dish for her since morning, the funniest thing is no one has ever asked me for one naira since I got there but there's a way they'll start talking about food, money and other things that ll make me dip my hand in my pocket and hand over what I have, also there's these old look on everyone's face whenever they need something from me which will make me to give them what they want without being asked.

I've practically become a slave to them, always waiting for me to come before they'll start talking about what to cook and eat, right now I'm at the edge, I just want out immediately! All my earnings are being used on food for the whole family, every time I give them money I always refuse to eat out of what they cook thinking they'll get the message but its always the same, I always pity my younger ones cos they've got a real battle ahead of the.

Pls house should I leave or remain with them for the time being? Right now I'm thinking of running away from them.

You're just an ungrateful child. Nothing more than that
Feeding your family makes you shed tears.
Just repay your family all they have spent on you from the time you were born till you began to earn 1 kobo. I mean feeding, accommodating, school fees, uniforms, fighting for you, transport fares etc then calm down and pay your mother for carrying you for 9 months and giving birth to you, pay her for the pain, blood, hospital fees etc with interest oooooooo.

After that take your money and find a hoe to spend it on, i know spending on hoes wont pain you cus ure a stupid child.
Just pray your wife gives birth to 1 or 2 kids at most cus this rubbish you're doing know your kids will do it back to you with interest so no need to pay plenty school fees.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 22, 2018
Elliot2:
I have an elder brother who always complained about the little help he rendered for the family. He practically didn't allow his younger ones to stay with him but allowed his wife's siblings. When he got opportunity to travel out,he went with his family--wife and kids. Now,his wife has divorced him and is in custody of the children. He is a big loser now. I don't give a shit about him,likewise other members. I pray i make my own money. This was a bro. we had hope in. We prayed and fasted for his success. Considering our background,we never expected this cold attitude from him.

Prayer warrior pray for your own success. See how you’re rejoicing because your brother is divorced.

Where you expecting him to travel out with you before? Why are you such a loser? Should your brother give you his blood before he satisfies you?

If it is that easy to make money, why is he the one your full family is looking at?

Parasite family member! Don’t go and work, be looking for who will carry your problem on their head.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 22, 2018
samuelchimmy:
this is what i am facing even now,yours is good,mine is worst,because they dont appreciate the little i do,i cant save because of them,they literally tag me wicked once i refuse to do their biddings,even if im barely an adult,and still have a father,(just like yours doesnt live us),ive been paying the house rent since,december,this evening,they are accussing me of being wicked and stingy,because my mum asked me to give her some money so she can go to the market,and ii said i didnt have ,which is true,but i brought a friends new shoe home,they didnt bother asking me if it was mine ...... before jumping into conclusion,im so down mentally right now

Save money and move out. It is good to help family, but not at the detriment of your own growth.

If your family loves and mean you well, they will pray for you, and be appreciative of the little you give.

Please do not be emotionally blackmailed. If you lost that job today, they won’t send you.

Help them, but make sure you save first every month then help with what is left after you remove your monthly expenses.

Better be wise, I know what I am saying. My father was universal helper, and even now in his old age all the family members he helped still can’t stand on their own.

All the money wasted setting up businesses, sending people abroad, even upto spending his gratuity on his brother’s sons, because he thought it would make them independent. Nothing like that, they are still there trying to leech on the man that is retired.

People that are used to being given, find it very hard to fend for themselves. Because they can not understand the value of what you squeeze out to give, since they did not have to work for it.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 22, 2018
Elliot2:
No. Abroad. She even called the cops on him for slapping her. The very first time!

I guess she should have clapped for him after the slap?

Your yeye brother thinks he is in nigeria where he can misbehave up and down. He should go and slap another woman na.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 22, 2018
Elliot2:
Your comments are making me emotional. I have elder ones who don't see helping each other as a duty but a burden. I am aware that they suffered greatly to make it,but that mentality is over clouding their thought processes. They believe that since they suffered,you must suffer too and not depend on them. The worst of my elder ones is the most senior. That one lacks the charisma of a good leader as being the senior in the family.

If your older ones were waiting for another sibling I’m sure he will still be wailing with you right now. Go and suffer your own and make money, since na so e easy.

See your disgusting entitled attitude, like you have a right to your money. Dictating who you think he should have taken abroad.

It’s not your mates that are going there on their own. Bitter soul. I’m sure you and your other loser family members will sit down and gossip about your well to do siblings all the time.

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 22, 2018
Poster, I believe in helping people with purpose.

I can give a family member money to complete payment for a training, I can pay school fees, I can even put someon on allowance for a period of time, if I can justify that it is needed.

But I will not assume permanent responsibility, because I’m doing so you’re not helping anyone.

I read in your previous post that you had opened businesses for your mum at different times and she squandered the money.

I will advise you save and move out. Then set aside maybe 20% of your salary for helping out in your house every month. If mum doesn’t like it, then she should work and earn a living, same for your siblings.

Be disciplined and stick to that amount, if the money finishes tell them to wait till next month.

What you’re currently doing will only make you resent your mum, you can help while looking out for your self.
Otherwise you will end up depressed, and if for any reason you run out of finances there will be no one to bail you out. Let everyone cut their coat according to their size, be wise.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by sooperrescue(m): 6:59pm On May 22, 2018
Ezkid:
I'm seriously considering this. I've moved out once but I was just plain stupid to come back!
If you dont take up the role, God will raise up another person in your family to be the head. That you have been made the head is getting into your head that you believe it is by your effort. When you start depending on your younger one for money then you will realise your folly. Be thankful that you are the chosen one to give to your family and not depending on the family. Now may the God of comfort, comforts you with all things so that you may be able to give to people that ask from you, the same comforts that you have been given. Dont be unthankful.

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

If your older ones were waiting for another sibling I’m sure he will still be wailing with you right now. Go and suffer your own and make money, since na so e easy.

See your disgusting entitled attitude, like you have a right to your money. Dictating who you think he should have taken abroad.

It’s not your mates that are going there on their own. Bitter soul. I’m sure you and your other loser family members will sit down and gossip about your well to do siblings all the time.
u need calm down.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 8:15pm On May 22, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Be like u stingy wella for life! na u sabi.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 3:18am On May 23, 2018
ImaIma1:

So what do you suggest he does? The burden is not good for him but it is good for his child to bear?

What was he doing when his wife decided to pause her life for church sake? He watched her all these years. If one parent is foolish, the other has to take charge. Their failure is not the children's business. Theu still need to take care of them.

Is he not the head of the family and the man of the house? Too many men these days running away from their responsibilities.

head of the house my ass... they tried setting up business for her but she squandered the money 3times!

who'll still want to carry the burden of such lady?
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by ImaIma1(f): 7:36am On May 23, 2018
Elder001:

head of the house my ass... they tried setting up business for her but she squandered the money 3times!

who'll still want to carry the burden of such lady?

I am talking about the children. Won't he carry the burden of the children? Or will he allow the children suffer because of their mother's foolishness? He still has a responsibility to the children.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Orchid45: 10:31am On May 23, 2018
silverr:

You're just an ungrateful child. Nothing more than that
Feeding your family makes you shed tears.
Just repay your family all they have spent on you from the time you were born till you began to earn 1 kobo. I mean feeding, accommodating, school fees, uniforms, fighting for you, transport fares etc then calm down and pay your mother for carrying you for 9 months and giving birth to you, pay her for the pain, blood, hospital fees etc with interest oooooooo.

After that take your money and find a hoe to spend it on, i know spending on hoes wont pain you cus ure a stupid child.
Just pray your wife gives birth to 1 or 2 kids at most cus this rubbish you're doing know your kids will do it back to you with interest so no need to pay plenty school fees.
You believe he should pay his mother for performing her duties?

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 23, 2018
Orchid45:

Very good question. As if those parents that give their kids the best of education with proper planning in place for their retirement have 7 heads.

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 23, 2018
Orchid45:

Very good question. As if those parents that give their kids the best of education with proper planning in place for their retirement have 7 heads.

They will just be transferring poverty down their bloodlines in the name of procreation.

Then blackmail the same innocent children that they have allowed to taste undue suffering later on.

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Orchid45: 6:03pm On May 23, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

They will just be transferring poverty down their bloodlines in the name of procreation.

Then blackmail the same innocent children that they have allowed to taste undue suffering later on.
I was shocked when I saw her comment. I find it hard to believe people still think like that in this century.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by silverr(f): 8:43am On May 24, 2018
Orchid45:

He must pay for every single sweat.
so its the mothers duty to labour, sweat and raise him but she doesnt deserve his own sweat abi.

If that woman sees this thread how will she feel ?

Put yourself in her shoe. Your son is now a graduate and things arent as good as they used to be. the son you gave all for is now shedding tears to give you #1. If she didnt have him and instead built a house. Will she be broke now?
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by silverr(f): 8:46am On May 24, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

I hope you have plans in place for your own retirement cus your children will not give you 1 even if they become millionaires. Afterall, your mates became millionaires.

No be curse na karma

kjv says not only them that do it but they that have pleasure in those that do it
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by silverr(f): 8:50am On May 24, 2018
Orchid45:
I was shocked when I saw her comment. I find it hard to believe people still think like that in this century.

You're clearly a child & clearly scared of the concept of caring for your poor parents who are looking up to you and counting days till when you can step up.

By the time your kids are grown, we should be in the 22nd century, I pray things go the way you planned, I hope you get a job that you never loose, I hope you get employment in a company that guarantees your comfortable retirement because your children will be as shocked to see you expecting them to care for you if things go otherwise

Silly generation
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Orchid45: 8:59am On May 24, 2018
silverr:

You're clearly a child & clearly scared of the concept of caring for your poor parents who are looking up to you and counting days till when you can step up.

By the time your kids are grown, we should be in the 22nd century, I pray things go the way you planned, I hope you get a job that you never loose, I hope you get employment in a company that guarantees your comfortable retirement because your children will be as shocked to see you expecting them to care for you if things go otherwise

Silly generation
LOL!
What happens when you outlive the children you are banking on for support in old age?

What happens when they can't support you because they can't support themselves?

I believe looking up to your kids for support in old age, is tantamount to setting yourself up for an old age of disappointment, bitterness, regrets and misery.Whatever your kids gives you should be a bonus not your only hope.

I know life happens, but I don't believe in living myself to fate.

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by jibs4lv(m): 12:43pm On May 24, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

If you cannot understand what you claim to have “read”, then you must be experiencing MAJOR “transmission-apprehension-by-commission-and-omission” mental problems. Please, go and pay your tithes so your babalawo-pastors can free your souls!

Thanks! kiss
if only your comment is what many ppl find offensive , don't you know you are the one that need brain surgery help here.....fool undecided
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by KanwuliaExtra: 3:31pm On May 24, 2018
jibs4lv:
if only your comment is what many ppl find offensive , don't you know you are the one that need brain surgery help here.....fool undecided

You consider the likes of “you” rational? undecided
Rational imbeciles or BUSY BODIES on or off NL face the topics on threads, not mention or follow other people’s posts like rabid BITCHEZZ OR DOGS to seek attention.

Only IDDDIOTS ON AND OFF LINE TAG PEOPLE.

I have noticed you.
Please, get a life and move on.
Thanks! kiss
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 24, 2018
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 24, 2018
silverr:

I hope you have plans in place for your own retirement cus your children will not give you 1 even if they become millionaires. Afterall, your mates became millionaires.

No be curse na karma

kjv says not only them that do it but they that have pleasure in those that do it

Ode! Runaway from here with your cheap blackmail. I will not need my children for sustenance in my old age, I’m working towards it, just the way my father doesn’t need us before he can eat.

Do not live an unplanned life.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 24, 2018
silverr:

He must pay for every single sweat.
so its the mothers duty to labour, sweat and raise him but she doesnt deserve his own sweat abi.

If that woman sees this thread how will she feel ?

Put yourself in her shoe. Your son is now a graduate and things arent as good as they used to be. the son you gave all for is now shedding tears to give you #1. If she didnt have him and instead built a house. Will she be broke now?

Too much African magic is worrying you. Better not let hunger finish you there!
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by silverr(f): 6:15pm On May 24, 2018
Orchid45:
LOL!
What happens when you outlive the children you are banking on for support in old age?

What happens when they can't support you because they can't support themselves?

I believe looking up to your kids for support in old age, is tantamount to setting yourself up for an old age of disappointment, bitterness, regrets and misery.Whatever your kids gives you should be a bonus not your only hope.

I know life happens, but I don't believe in living myself to fate.

You've prophesied it yourself. Enjoy it as life dishes it to you cold
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by silverr(f): 6:18pm On May 24, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Ode! Runaway from here with your cheap blackmail. I will not need my children for sustenance in my old age, I’m working towards it, just the way my father doesn’t need us before he can eat.

Do not live an unplanned life.

Another silly, stupid child. Thinking everybody is as poor as his stupid self
I definitely will not reply any of your insults because if you meet me, you will be begging to carry my handbag for free
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by silverr(f): 6:20pm On May 24, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Too much African magic is worrying you. Better not let hunger finish you there!

You're already languishing in poverty that why the thought of helping family scares the hell out of your miserable life. People who can afford it take their parents on foreign vacations and pay them salaries without waiting for the old folks to beg or ask for it.

This is your last attention, cherish it for the rest of your ill-fated life
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 24, 2018
silverr:

Another silly, stupid child. Thinking everybody is as poor as his stupid self
I definitely will not reply any of your insults because if you meet me, you will be begging to carry my handbag for free

You wish. Madam get something doing and stop looking for who will dash you money. See who get bag wey person wan carry.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by jibs4lv(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

You consider the likes of “you” rational? undecided
Rational imbeciles or BUSY BODIES on or off NL face the topics on threads, not mention or follow other people’s posts like rabid BITCHEZZ OR DOGS to seek attention.

Only IDDDIOTS ON AND OFF LINE TAG PEOPLE.

I have noticed you.
Please, get a life and move on.
Thanks! kiss
ok let me say your parents are shameless and see your reaction, am sure it will hit you hard that you 'll also get back to me but trust me , I don't care ,just want you to feel how that poor boy felt when you called his parent a shameless....animal like you.
Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Tbaby4real(f): 8:46am On May 25, 2018
Elliot2:
I have an elder brother who always complained about the little help he rendered for the family. He practically didn't allow his younger ones to stay with him but allowed his wife's siblings. When he got opportunity to travel out,he went with his family--wife and kids. Now,his wife has divorced him and is in custody of the children. He is a big loser now. I don't give a shit about him,likewise other members. I pray i make my own money. This was a bro. we had hope in. We prayed and fasted for his success. Considering our background,we never expected this cold attitude from him.
If you think it’s your fasting and prayer that made your brother, fast for yourself. It is so ridiculous to fault your brother for taking his family with him. For your information, he worked to be able to take his family with hin so work for your self and stop celebrating your brother divorce cos he decided to care for his family.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! by Elliot2(m): 9:29am On May 25, 2018
Tbaby4real:

If you think it’s your fasting and prayer that made your brother, fast for yourself. It is so ridiculous to fault your brother for taking his family with him. For your information, he worked to be able to take his family with hin so work for your self and stop celebrating your brother divorce cos he decided to care for his family.
Sisturh, I did not say my prayers made him who he is,and i am not against him taking care of his family. You must agree with me that he did not become who he is overnight or by magic, because someone gave him that chance,that job,that money,that education,and all that. He grew up with his siblings during the trial period, and not with the wife or child. The collective sacrifices made by the whole family can not be over emphasized;while the younger ones starved when the meagre money in the family was used in training him-- nobody complained. The family fostered in love. I believe you didn't come from a poor family with a single parent (mother) who had to take care of over 8 children,without any education or help from anywhere. Do you know what it feels like? It was love and oneness that gave us the courage to forge ahead. Do you know the pain of betrayal that that one sibling can not help you grow? It is not like you are bugging him, but he is waiting to become the richest man kn the world before he can help others. lol. #ps. we are all doing fine now. nobody waits on the other to survive. momma made us all champs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum / Man Takes His Wife's Underwear To His Church For Prayers / Whom To Blame!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.