Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Cremation- The Islamic Perspective - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Cremation- The Islamic Perspective (4474 Views)

Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / The Islamic Perspective On Feminism / Sex Dolls Or Our Women (An Islamic Perspective) -Hashimyussufamao. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by DaBillionnaire: 8:40am On May 21, 2018
Praise be to Allaah.

It must be noted that the teachings and laws of Islam came to honour people. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed We have honoured the Children of Adam” [al-Israa’ 17:70]

As the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the one who conveyed to us the laws of our Lord, he taught us what Allaah has prescribed concerning the dead, what we are permitted to do in their case and what we are not permitted to do. Hence the teachings of Islam are different from the teachings of other nations; they include treating the deceased with respect and in a manner that will benefit him.

Allaah has prescribed for us that when a Muslim dies, we should wash him and cleanse him, then shroud him in a white cloth, then we should offer the funeral prayer for him and pray for mercy and forgiveness for him. Then after that we must bury him and cover him with earth, then we should visit the graves and pray for their Muslim occupants. It is not prescribed in Islam to burn or cremate the dead, rather this is an act of disrespect and dishonour. Islam forbids us to step, walk or sit on the grave of the deceased, so how could we burn him? Even non-Muslims are to be buried according to Islam, and this is what the Muslims do in the case of kuffaar who die in their countries, but the kuffaar are not buried with the Muslims in the same place. Some of the kuffaar may burn their dead because they do not believe in the Last Day.

For this reason it is not permitted to burn the dead; rather it is obligatory to bury the dead. And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/9089
cc: mukina2, sissie

3 Likes

Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Skepticus: 11:10am On May 25, 2018
cool

But Boko Haram cremates by bombing lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by mubby4real(m): 11:12am On May 25, 2018
Allah knows best
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by MDsambo: 11:20am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:
everything is haram in the religion of boko haram which is islam.

one square metre plot of land is difficult to purchase these days especially when muslims are producing 4-5 kids per family. will this overcrowding sustain burial?

muslims need to sometimes lay aside the book and think logically and scientificallly.

Kaipah Bamagujennan se a hankali

7 Likes

Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Nobody: 11:28am On May 25, 2018
undecided undecided
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Sunnah1(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

one square metre plot of land is difficult to purchase these days especially when muslims are producing 4-5 kids per family. will this overcrowding sustain burial?

muslims need to sometimes lay aside the book and think logically and scientificallly.

Mental illness is your case.

7 Likes

Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by amnesty7: 11:50am On May 25, 2018
Alhamdulillah for Islam. OP, may Allah reward you for this. As for the cremators, they know their dead deserve fire right from this world.

4 Likes

Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Abdulrahman4858(m): 12:04pm On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

See foolishness at its peak..... when you don't have any idea of something, stay mute then you can learn from others.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:31pm On May 25, 2018
Even though am a muslim, I believed in the Quran and Sunnah, but there are some places on earth where you can't bury a dead body. For example, there is a town called Longyearbyen in Norway. For the past 70 years, nobody is allowed to bury his/her dead ones because they don't decay due to the freezing nature of that town. Even in their law if someone dies in that down his/her family would be fined. What would you say about that?
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by olatunyemi(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Even though am a muslim, I believed in the Quran and Sunnah, but there are some places on earth where you can't bury a dead body. For example, there is a town called Longyearbyen in Norway. For the past 70 years, nobody is allowed to bury his/her dead ones because they don't decay due to the freezing nature of that town. Even in their law if someone dies in that down his/her family would be fined. What would you say about that?

This is a rare condition, a condition when something haram can be halal.

just like a case of extreme hunger when NOTHING is available except pork, you will eat little to survive.

Allahu Ta'ala ahlam

4 Likes

Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by ibrutex(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2018
it is against Islamic teachings to crenate the dead as it was forbade by the prophet to mishandle the corpse , treat them with care.
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:34pm On May 25, 2018
olatunyemi:

This is a rare condition, a condition when something haram can be halal.

just like a case of extreme hunger when NOTHING is available except pork, you will eat little to survive.

Allahu Ta'ala ahlam
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by IbnAbdullah1(m): 11:47pm On May 25, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

My friend are you in that town? obviously no.
Then why burden yourself with what isn't your concern.
When that time comes the scholars would speak accordingly.
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:57pm On May 25, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

My friend are you in that town? obviously no.
Then why burden yourself with what isn't your concern.
When that time comes the scholars would speak accordingly.

So, until the scholars talk about it, that is when you would know what to say about it. Is the town in Mars or you think other countries are like Nigeria and other Arab states? That is the problem I have with you people that carry religion on head like gala seller. Always ask questions, even Islam permits that. What if you die in a cold region in the North pole? Do you expect them to bury you? Sorry, they won't bury you, but you would be cremated.
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by IbnAbdullah1(m): 12:20am On May 26, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

So, until the scholars talk about it, that is when you would know what to say about it. Is the town in Mars or you think other countries are like Nigeria and other Arab states? That is the problem I have with you people that carry religion on head like gala seller. Always ask questions, even Islam permits that. What if you die in a cold region in the North pole? Do you expect them to bury you? Sorry, they won't bury you, but you would be cremated.
oga religious roles are left with the experts who are well grounded not some widely travelld dude who thinks he can rule and unrule what he thinks from.the religion.
In Islaam ijtihaad(striving to reach a verdict) are left for the scholars to rule on since this is something new which they can do through analytical deduction to reach what agrees with spirit of Islaam.
Cremation is foreign to Islaam.
There are ahadeeth(many prophetic traditions) prohibiting mutilating the body hw much more burning so we have to tread carefully.
And saying some of us who carry the religion on their heads is a clear way of saying I don't know.
There is no shame in asking questions if you don't know.
Salaam
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:30am On May 26, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

[s]oga religious roles are left with the experts who are well grounded not some widely travelld dude who thinks he can rule and unrule what he thinks from.the religion.
In Islaam ijtihaad(striving to reach a verdict) are left for the scholars to rule on since this is something new which they can do through analytical deduction to reach what agrees with spirit of Islaam.
Cremation is foreign to Islaam.
There are ahadeeth(many prophetic traditions) prohibiting mutilating the body hw much more burning so we have to tread carefully.
And saying some of us who carry the religion on their heads is a clear way of saying I don't know.
There is no shame in asking questions if you don't know.
Salaam[/s]
Crap! Have already asked my question, and have already got a simple answer from the first guy that answered my question not you asking me question, that what will I be doing there as if the town is not on earth. You and your scholars can sit down and deliberate on that, it won't change anything than to be cremated if one dies in a cold town/city. Ma salam.
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Rafidi: 4:07pm On May 30, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

It says bury the dead. It doesn't say body must decay. Two different things entirely. And you're talking of just one town.

As for Mr Pagan talking about running out of space, that will not happen. It takes like 30 to 40 years for the body to disappear in the grave beyond trace, normally. In Islam, a family member can will for him to be buried in his parent's grave for example. The graves can be thus recycled.
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Empiree: 12:13am On May 31, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Crap! Have already asked my question, and have already got a simple answer from the first guy that answered my question not you asking me question, that what will I be doing there as if the town is not on earth. You and your scholars can sit down and deliberate on that, it won't change anything than to be cremated if one dies in a cold town/city. Ma salam.
I understand what you are trying to pass across.

First, it is really something you should worry less about. Why?, because the region is next to restricted area. Total population of the residents barely reached 2000. So it means people will continue to move out of the region permanently. As at now, there is "no dying" rule in that region. And ofcourse, no one knows where he will die.

There is zero mosque there which means are is no muslim in that town. The so called "halal restaurant" in the town is rather a mere vegetables friendly only which means, you will barely see muslims travel to the region in the first place. But let's take a case of tourism for study. It is possible muslims could visit the place for tourism purposes and eventually one of them dies. I am 100% certain that once muslims are aware of the rule of law of burial, the diseased will be transported from there to his home country or other city instead of cremation.

Cremation is simply not an option even though it is a rare case as someone said earlier. I get that but there is option to transport and bury the dead away from the region. That's the simple solution for now in my opinion and govt can not restrict family members from transporting the dead from there. There is no such law. If African could die in the West and family members chose to take the body back home, why is it not possible to transport body from Longyearbyen to a burial friendly location?.

This is my "fatwa" cheesy grin
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by DaBillionnaire: 9:06am On Jun 01, 2018
q
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by DaBillionnaire: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Islam in Norway is a minority religion and the second largest religion in Norway after Christianity. Government statistics from the CIA registered 121.095 members of Islamic congregations in Norway, roughly 2.3% of the population, according to a 2011 estimation. The majority of Muslims in Norway are Sunni, with a significant Shia minority. 55% lived in the counties of Oslo and Akershus. Scholarly estimates regarding the number of people of Islamic background in Norway vary between 120,000 (2005) and 163,000 (2009). The vast majority have an immigrant background, with Norwegians of Pakistani descent being the most visible and well-known group.

Mosques have been important, not just as places of prayer, but also as a meeting place for members of minority groupings. Several mosques also do different forms of social work, e.g importantly, organising the transport of deceased members back to their countries of origin for burial. The mosques are mostly situated in regular city blocks, and are not easily visible features of the cities. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Norway)

Would consult the konwledgeable ones concerning your question and will personally feed you back, Inshaa Allaah

Allaah the most High knows best
Re: Cremation- The Islamic Perspective by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:44am On Jun 01, 2018
DaBillionnaire:

Islam in Norway is a minority religion and the second largest religion in Norway after Christianity. Government statistics from the CIA registered 121.095 members of Islamic congregations in Norway, roughly 2.3% of the population, according to a 2011 estimation. The majority of Muslims in Norway are Sunni, with a significant Shia minority. 55% lived in the counties of Oslo and Akershus. Scholarly estimates regarding the number of people of Islamic background in Norway vary between 120,000 (2005) and 163,000 (2009). The vast majority have an immigrant background, with Norwegians of Pakistani descent being the most visible and well-known group.

Mosques have been important, not just as places of prayer, but also as a meeting place for members of minority groupings. Several mosques also do different forms of social work, e.g importantly, organising the transport of deceased members back to their countries of origin for burial. The mosques are mostly situated in regular city blocks, and are not easily visible features of the cities. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Norway)

Would consult the konwledgeable ones concerning your question and will personally feed you back.

Allaah the most High knows best

Alright, I will be expecting.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Alfa / Giving Charity In The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan / Solat Subhi And Personal Effectiveness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.