Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

'the Friend Zone" - A Romance Story By Olivia - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'the Friend Zone" - A Romance Story By Olivia (491 Views)

Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) / FEIRE - A Romance Story / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'the Friend Zone" - A Romance Story By Olivia by Pepuscutie270(f): 12:04pm On May 21, 2018
12-05-2015

I was young. Younger than I am today. Naive and full of innocence. Reticent. Determined to succeed for whatever it might cost. I was doing a good job at that but lonely. The loneliness stems from deep, inside of me. My affinity to singleness fading into thin lines. Other youngsters were always in pair. I wanted same. The craving, to be, with him who loses his senses, over the things that I do.

I have discarded the thoughts about Ben from my mind. He was charming at first. Always full of ideas, brainstorming my boring life with fancy stories. Stories which were untrue but seemed real as at the time they were told. But I could care less. I wanted him. Desire strong, tugging at the hem of my heart. Then, It ended just like it started, pushing me back to base 1. I was devastated.I shudder and jump at every phone sound, waiting endlessly, for a call which never happened. Time heals wounds they said. It did mine. But after some months, a new longing began. The oddity at which it tugged my heart, strong. Stronger even more than a stone. It was, the feeling, To. Be. In. One's. Loving. Arms. To love, and be loved in return...

13-05-2015.

I was on net. Facebook precisely. His profile surfaced on list of 'friends you may know'. I scrolled, while dabbing at my face with my left palm. Instincts ordered I go back, to look well on the profile I just passed. Like a subservient wife, I obsequiously did.

I click on 'Add friend'.

He got the request.

And accepted.

I didn't check. Was aware I added quite a lot of people same day, but wasn't expecting an inbox message.

'You seem to have a lot going on in your mind, his message read'.

Unsure how to reply to that, I simply typed 'lol' before proceeding to check his photos. He wasn't looking bad I muttered under breath. I was calm when he asked for my pin. BBM still in vogue.

20-05-2015

A friendship began. One that was so genuine, sincere and everything beautiful.

There was no day we didn't talk. It started, talking at least 3times daily on the phone.

Continue reading here

http://www.oliviangene.com/2018/05/12-05-2015-i-was-young_21.html

(1) (Reply)

The Baby Boy (a Short Story) / Jaad Logistics Recruitment On-going / The Wait Is Over. (A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.