Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Attending College In Eastern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attending College In Eastern Nigeria (5057 Views)

PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) / Boko Haram Militants Overrun Prestigious Mobile Police Training College In Gwoza / New Ikeja Police College (in Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 8:35pm On May 25, 2010
Imagine my shock upon being shown this article: Ibo youths in colleges are into Robbery, Extortion, Ra*pe, Murder and other violent ills!!!! How did these 'kids' get into College in the first place? Are these the kind of tertiary institutions that churn out the likes of Dede1, MENTALgong, Justbroke4cash, Eziachi, Andre Uweh, Wily-Wily, Ezeuche and co? Individuals who claim to be educated in different Professional fields, yet, find it difficult to spell properly or compose articulate sentences even if their lives depended on it?!?!?

Is this article any surprise especially when the Ibo penchant to "do anything for money" is taken into account?!?! Is it any surprise that one of the characters in the article attempted to maim his sister (using EXPLOSIVE devices) because , according to him, she had just returned from a foreign country but was still not giving him 'enough' money?!?! Is it any surprise that a good majority of the Robbers were female? Were they deceived into crime by their significant others or are Ibo women, like their men, just so money hungry that they'll do "anything" to get it? Is this the future of Ibo land? Is this gonna be added to the list of ills which the Ibos are known to 'contribute' to any society which they reside in (i.e Drug Dealing, Fraud, Petty Theft, Ra+pe, Money Laundering, Kidnapping, Human Sacrificing, Corruption ect) ?

[Reading] this article clearly envisions a sad future for NdiIbo! The Leaders of the Ibo nation (the few who arent the criminals) should do something about this new phenomenon 'cause it definitely does not bode well for the future of Ibo youths!

Imo Police arrest 4 IMSU students for alleged robbery, attempted murder
From VAL OKARA, Owerri

Monday, May 24, 2010
The Imo State Police Command has arrested four students of Evan Enwerem University, Owerri, for alleged complicity in cases of armed robbery and attempted murder. The Police Command Spokesman, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, who confirmed the arrest, alleged that one Iheanacho, a student of Department of Government and Public Administration, was arrested during an armed robbery operation at No 14, Mbonu Ojike Street, Owerri.

advertisement

According to him, Iheanacho was arrested in the act when the police anti-robbery squad responded to a distress call made by occupants of the building, including students. He added that a locally made revolver pistol and a mask were recovered from the suspect. The police spokesman stated that the command would ensure that everything permissible under the law was done to apprehend his accomplices.

In a related development, the trio of Miriam Ifeanyi and Stephen, all from the same institution, had been arrested for an alleged attempted plot to exterminate one Precious Nwosu. According to the police, Miriam, a 19 -year-old female from Ngor Okpala and also a third year student of Department of Biochemistry, allegedly hired Ifeanyi and Stephen of Department of Insurance and Psychology respectively to kill Precious who was her bosom friend.

The police image maker, who also confirmed the incident, said that Ifeanyi and Stephen hailed from Isu Njaba and Amaifeke Orlu respectively and had commenced the process when luck ran out on them.

He alleged that Miriam’s relationship with Precious turned sour after a disagreement over a clash of interest in the choice of ‘sugar daddy’.

The police PRO added that Miriam, not satisfied with the posture of Precious in the deal, hired Ifeanyi and Stephen, who were believed to be famous in the job, to kill Precious but luck turned to the other side when the noise made by Precious attracted the attention of a presser, who called the police. Mr. Nwaiwu said the three suspects would be charged to court after police investigation.

In another development, the Imo State Police Command has launched a manhunt for one Mr. Emmanuel Onyemaobi of Umuonyealu Isi-Orodo in Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state, following an allegation that he had planted dangerous explosives in the house of his sister, Ada Onyemobi.

Mr. Nwaiwu said that the command got information that the suspect, who is now at large, had planted explosive device in the house of his sister to kill her and destroy her house. The suspect had severally accused her sister, who just returned from overseas, of not giving him enough money.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/24/504.html
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 9:30pm On May 25, 2010
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by abadaba(m): 9:46pm On May 25, 2010
bk/babe97:

Imagine my shock upon being shown this article: Ibo youths in colleges are into Robbery, Extortion, Ra*pe, Murder and other violent ills!!!! How did these 'kids' get into College in the first place? Are these the kind of tertiary institutions that churn out the likes of Dede1, MENTALgong, Justbroke4cash, Eziachi, Andre Uweh, Wily-Wily, Ezeuche and co? Individuals who claim to be educated in different Professional fields, yet, find it difficult to spell properly or compose articulate sentences even if their lives depended on it?!?!?

Is this article any surprise especially when the Ibo penchant to "do anything for money" is taken into account?!?! Is it any surprise that one of the characters in the article attempted to maim his sister (using EXPLOSIVE devices) because , according to him, she had just returned from a foreign country but was still not giving him 'enough' money?!?! Is it any surprise that a good majority of the Robbers were female? Were they deceived into crime by their significant others or are Ibo women, like their men, just so money hungry that they'll do "anything" to get it? Is this the future of Ibo land? Is this gonna be added to the list of ills which the Ibos are known to 'contribute' to any society which they reside in (i.e Drug Dealing, Fraud, Petty Theft, Ra+pe, Money Laundering, Kidnapping, Human Sacrificing, Corruption ect) ?

[Reading] this article clearly envisions a sad future for NdiIbo! The Leaders of the Ibo nation (the few who arent the criminals) should do something about this new phenomenon 'cause it definitely does not bode well for the future of Ibo youths!

Imo Police arrest 4 IMSU students for alleged robbery, attempted murder
From VAL OKARA, Owerri

Monday, May 24, 2010
The Imo State Police Command has arrested four students of Evan Enwerem University, Owerri, for alleged complicity in cases of armed robbery and attempted murder. The Police Command Spokesman, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, who confirmed the arrest, alleged that one Iheanacho, a student of Department of Government and Public Administration, was arrested during an armed robbery operation at No 14, Mbonu Ojike Street, Owerri.

advertisement

According to him, Iheanacho was arrested in the act when the police anti-robbery squad responded to a distress call made by occupants of the building, including students. He added that a locally made revolver pistol and a mask were recovered from the suspect. The police spokesman stated that the command would ensure that everything permissible under the law was done to apprehend his accomplices.

In a related development, the trio of Miriam Ifeanyi and Stephen, all from the same institution, had been arrested for an alleged attempted plot to exterminate one Precious Nwosu. According to the police, Miriam, a 19 -year-old female from Ngor Okpala and also a third year student of Department of Biochemistry, allegedly hired Ifeanyi and Stephen of Department of Insurance and Psychology respectively to kill Precious who was her bosom friend.

The police image maker, who also confirmed the incident, said that Ifeanyi and Stephen hailed from Isu Njaba and Amaifeke Orlu respectively and had commenced the process when luck ran out on them.

He alleged that Miriam’s relationship with Precious turned sour after a disagreement over a clash of interest in the choice of ‘sugar daddy’.

The police PRO added that Miriam, not satisfied with the posture of Precious in the deal, hired Ifeanyi and Stephen, who were believed to be famous in the job, to kill Precious but luck turned to the other side when the noise made by Precious attracted the attention of a presser, who called the police. Mr. Nwaiwu said the three suspects would be charged to court after police investigation.

In another development, the Imo State Police Command has launched a manhunt for one Mr. Emmanuel Onyemaobi of Umuonyealu Isi-Orodo in Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state, following an allegation that he had planted dangerous explosives in the house of his sister, Ada Onyemobi.

Mr. Nwaiwu said that the command got information that the suspect, who is now at large, had planted explosive device in the house of his sister to kill her and destroy her house. The suspect had severally accused her sister, who just returned from overseas, of not giving him enough money.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/24/504.html

What a load of rubbish!.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by chiogo(f): 9:47pm On May 25, 2010
Get. a. life.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 9:54pm On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

interesting stuff for you here

Hogwash!!! Apples, Oranges and Apricorns; no correlation!!! The men in your link r older and clearly (semi) illiterates! The ones I'm concerned are Young, ibo, and supposedly educated- - - the aim of my post is hoping they dont grow up to be like your "currency traffickers"! By, the way, Mekussxxhitty, they are already WORSE than the petty currency dudes! Imagine, one of the Ibo students attempted to blow up his own sister! How evil can that be? Is there nothing like family love/loyalty in Ibo land? What would make u wanna kill your own sibling just cause u think she has more money than she's giving you?! Then female, Ibo, college robber(ettes) lol! No matter how u try to sugarcoat it, this is indeed a black day for NdiIbo!!!
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by abadaba(m): 10:04pm On May 25, 2010
bk/babe97:

Hogwash!!! Apples, Orages and Apricorns; no correlation!!! The men in your link r older and clearly (semi) illiterates! The ones I'm concerned are Young, ibo, and supposedly educated- - - the aim of my post is hoping they dont grow up to be like your "currency traffickers"! By, the way, Mekussxxhitty, they are already WORSE than the petty currency dudes! Imagine, one of the Ibo students attempted to blow up his own sister! How evil can that be? Is there nothing like family love/loyalty in Ibo land? What would make u wanna kill your own sibling just cause u think she has more money than she's giving you?! Then female, Ibo, college robber(ettes) lol! No matter ho u try to sugarcoat it, this is indeed a black day for NdiIbo!!!

The above post is nonsensical. Moderators, the entire thread should be confined to the waste bin.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 10:22pm On May 25, 2010
bk/babe97:

Hogwash!!! Apples, Orages and Apricorns; no correlation!!! The men in your link r older and clearly (semi) illiterates! The ones I'm concerned are Young, ibo, and supposedly educated- - - the aim of my post is hoping they dont grow up to be like your "currency traffickers"! By, the way, Mekussxxhitty, they are already WORSE than the petty currency dudes! Imagine, one of the Ibo students attempted to blow up his own sister! How evil can that be? Is there nothing like family love/loyalty in Ibo land? What would make u wanna kill your own sibling just cause u think she has more money than she's giving you?! Then female, Ibo, college robber(ettes) lol! No matter ho u try to sugarcoat it, this is indeed a black day for NdiIbo!!!

You call those[b] petty currency dudes[/b]? Did you read the amount of money involved and that it was even US currency? Should Obama not hear this?
Now let me give you and I some assignment. Find any story where Igbos were caught printing american dollars and let me find where Yoruba students were caught in armed robbery. Lets go.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 10:30pm On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

You call those[b] petty currency dudes[/b]? Did you read the amount of money involved and that it was even US currency? Should Obama not hear this?
Now let me give you and I some assignment. Find any story where Igbos were caught printing american dollars and let me find where Yoruba students were caught in armed robbery. Lets go.

My dear Mekuysshixtty, In as much as it is clear that u r jobless (owing to your being on this site anytime I log on) or r some type of criminal (most likely, owing to your tribal group  grin) I would like to tell u that :THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION!!! I have a business to run! I'm not on here 24-7, unlike urself!!! Besides, this is not an attempt to villify NdiIbo. This is a cry from the heart about the worrisome direction in which Ibo youths, the so-called educated leaders of tomorrow are carrying on!!! Instead of trying to compare and justify crime(s) shouldnt u be worried and intent on doing something to reverse the current trend among Ibo youths?

P.S: Since it will be hard for me to differentiate btwn Ibo and Yoruba names, and u insist on this "competition" of yours, all I humbly ask is for u to give me a lil time, and after a few phone calls I'll be very glad to oblige you your wish! grin
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 10:31pm On May 25, 2010
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 10:32pm On May 25, 2010
bk/babe97
If I am jobless so are you. We are both logged on now. Get on with the assignment. I have posted 4 already and more will follow. waitingggggg!
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 10:48pm On May 25, 2010
News & Events - Real Find
Osun police nab 8 suspected undergraduate robbers. Eight undergraduate students of the University of Ado Ekiti (UNAD), Ekiti State were among nine armed ,
www.real-find.com/news.php
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 11:06pm On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

bk/babe97
If I am jobless so are you. We are both logged on now. Get on with the assignment. I have posted 3 already. waitingggggg!

Lol. haahahaha. Nice thats why I like u always good for a comeback (no matter how retarded)! However, like I said this is not a competition! Why do yall Ibos love to turn everything into a competition with the Yorubas? Arent there other ethnic groups yall jealous of in Nigeria?! Anyways, for once I listened to you and clicked on your links and your errors are enumerated below:

1. http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/palmwine/archives/010820.html : This link is old! Compared to mine which actually occurred a few days ago! It is not against conventional wisdom if we assume that the culprits in this link have turned their lives around, realized the errors and follies of their past and have now become productive members of society! So, sorry, doesnt count. . . . TRASHED!!!

2.  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-112188.0.html: Typical ibo man, arent you! Always quick to 'cook' the numbers. You couldnt come up with three, so u 'pretended' to "come up" with three!!! Wow!!! If u couldnt find 3 recent incidents (read: May/June 2010) its ok, no need putting up BLANK LINKS  [/b]that have [b]no stories in em!!! You're a disgrace, Mekusshixxty! Like I told u, this is not a competition, but still u refuse to listen! Trashed!!!

3. http://thenewsng.com/cover-story/rage-of-campus-bandits/2008/05: While this last link could also be easily faulted, something was pointed out to me in it: THE MOST VICIOUS  OF THE STUDENT ROBBERS IN THIS LINK WERE IBOS!!!! Even more scary is the fact that one of the robbers' father had even warned him to give up his evil life style (excerpts below):

On 18 September 2007, the Enugu State Police Command paraded two suspects arrested for snatching a Honda Element 4×4 from its owner, Bishop Ugo Uwens of Beautiful Gate Pentecostal Church, Enugu. The suspects were Steven Nweke, a third year student of Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT, and his friend, Emeka Nweke. According to the police, the suspects, who rode on a motorcycle, used a stolen police service pistol to dispossess Uwens, who was driving away from where he had gone for physical exercise. Steven, said the police, ordered his accomplice to shoot their victim, but his friend was reluctant. “While the two were debating about killing Uwens, he suddenly hit at Emeka and the gun fell off. He (Uwens) started running away and shouting for help,” explained the Police Public Relations Officer, Mike Abbatam. Uwens’ cry for help was heard by a police patrol team, which went after the robbers. “Steven was shot in the leg, as he made to run away, while Emeka was stopped by motorists when he attempted to flee on his okada (motorbike),” added Abbatam. Upon arrest, Emeka denied involvement in the robbery, claiming that he was a commercial motorcyclist who, unknowingly, transported a robber. But his lie was punctured by his father, Francis Nweke, who told the police that he had warned Emeka to quit robbery. He added that his son was once arrested by the police when a passenger on his motorcycle was caught with a police pistol. Three months before Steven and Emeka were caught in Enugu. The police in Calabar, Cross River State, had busted a six-man gang that included an 11-year-old boy and one Obeten Toyekeke, a final year student of Educational Planning and Administration at the University of Calabar, UNICAL. Toyekeke was involved in a string of robberies, including one that claimed the life of his classmate on Ikom Road last June. That day, two of Toyekeke’s classmates encountered his gang on Ikom Road. One lived to tell the story, while the other did not. Johnson Okem, the survivor, was travelling on the road with members of his church when robbers stopped the bus they were travelling in. Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice ordering the travellers to step off the bus. He stole a glance and discovered that the voice was that of Toyekeke, his classmate. “My mind moved fast. I knew I was in danger if he identified me,” Obem told TheNEWS. To avoid Toyekeke’s menacing eyes, Obem kept his face down, lying where Toyekeke had ordered them to. In that position, he emptied his pockets, submitting his phones, money and wrist watch. “When it was over and we were ordered back to our car, I still covered my face and ran to the back seat where I kept my face hidden between the seats in front of me,” he said. Lucky chap. The next classmate to come along did not have such luck. She was Benedette Obi, who was travelling in another vehicle. The bus bearing Benedette ran into Toyekeke’s crew a few minutes after Obem’s escape. As she and other passengers were ordered out of the bus, her eyes met with Toyekeke’s. Shocked to see her classmate leading a robbery gang, she was said to have shouted his name. Toyekeke allegedly said he went into robbery because of financial hardship and asked Benedette to return into the bus, with a promise to spare her life. But as Benedette turned to enter the bus, Toyekeke shot her dead. Paraded with the Toyekeke’s group was another robbery crew composed of students of the University of Calabar. Led by Louis Ita Nya, a member of the Viking Confraternity, the crew consisted of Wale Ekanem, Richard Effiom, Ifeanyi Peter Abuka and Offiong Asuquo. The group’s preferences are churches, schools and homes of lecturers at the university’s staff quarters. The gang confessed to robbing Esther Ayomobi, a member of the Cross River State House of Assembly; the Presbyterian Church in Akim, where the daughter of the pastor was despoiled. The group also confessed to raiding the Presbyterian Church in Big Qua, where they despoiled a number of girls. Similar visits were made to the residence of the proprietress of the highbrow Hillcrest Nursery and Primary School and the now defunct Fortune Bank. Cross River State Police Commissioner, Mr. Innocent Ilozuoke, said: “We have cleaned the city of hoodlums. Most of them are students who took advantage of the period between the change in power to make life unbearable for people.” He, however, said incidents of robbery have since reduced significantly.

***************************** ************************** ************************************** **************************

Mekuyshixxty, is it safe to say that acording to our stories most Ibo students are under cover violent Armed Robbers (since my story shows sole Ibo Robberies) while Yours show that robbery, though prevalent among Ibo students, is also committed by members of other Nigerian ethnic groups? This is a point I'm willing to concede especially as my reason for posting the story was not to say Ibos have sole monopoly on Armed Robbery. Yes, they might be the 'main' culprits, but they clearly are not the sole practitioners! .e.g Colombians/ Mexicans are more likely to be found in the drug trade than, say, a person from the Fiji Islands or Mauritania?! Get it? So, its no reason to be upset, thus, I dont see why ure having your panties in a bunch!!!

P.S: The Ibo student robbers are vicious if u ask me. In one story, one Ibo lad tries to "blow up" his own sister, in the story which YOU provided the Ibo dudes robbed churches and ra*p.ed members of the congregation; including the preacher's daughter!!! Someone just booked themselves an eternity stay in Hotel De Hell!!!
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 11:14pm On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

bk/babe97
If I am jobless so are you. We are both logged on now. Get on with the assignment. I have posted 3 already and more will follow. waitingggggg!

mekuszyx:

bk/babe97
If I am jobless so are you. We are both logged on now. Get on with the assignment. I have posted 4 already and more will follow. waitingggggg!

Typical Ibo man!!! Can never stop cooking numbers! No wonder those kids choose crime; they look up to their elders. (ie you). U forgot I quoted you already?! One minute u "posted 3"! Next, to bolster your point u changed the number to say u "posted 4"!!! Wow. I wont waste my time checking cus its probably gonna be another "blank" link.

P.S: Notice that UNLIKE urself I'm not on here day in day out!!! I got bills to pay!

Oh, as expected, the link you posted to bolster your point below is blank. Sowweee

mekuszyx:

News & Events - Real Find
Osun police nab 8 suspected undergraduate robbers. Eight undergraduate students of the University of Ado Ekiti (UNAD), Ekiti State were among nine armed ,
www.real-find.com/news.php
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 11:17pm On May 25, 2010
bk/babe97:

I have shown you that student robbers can be found everywhere in Nigeria. I even found student robbers from northern Nigeria. Please find Igbo men printing fake american dollars. That is all I ask of you. You talk too much, get down to work
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 11:24pm On May 25, 2010
^^^ Sir, the point of opening this thread, I tell u AGAIN, was not to compete over who had the most violent Robbers (Yall got the crown on that one, aint nobody trying to ascend yall throne), it was to seek a change in the lifestyle of the future leaders of NdiIbo!!! Why does everything have to be competition against the Yorubas? Are you guys that insecure? Well, thanx for the article that showed your namesake's father begging him to stop his evil lifestyle.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 11:27pm On May 25, 2010
^^^
I see you cannot find anything. That is one minus for you. Like I have always said, there is no evil you find in Igboland that you will not find in Yorubaland MANIFOLD. But the opposite is not always correct, like now you are unable to find Igbos printing fake US dollars. Now get to work and shame me. Thanks.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 11:32pm On May 25, 2010
mekuszyx:

^^^
I see you cannot find anything. That is one minus for you. Like I have always said, there is no evil you find in Igboland that you will not find in Yorubaland MANIFOLD. But the opposite is not always correct, like now you are unable to find Igbos printing fake US dollars. Now get to work and shame me. Thanks.

No!!! Its not that I couldnt "find" anything. Its cus, I havent searched for anything! Its harder for me to differentiate btwn Ibo and Yoruba names, but, like I said above, a lil while and a few phone calls, I'll grant your wish! Be patient!

P.S: Besides this is not about "currency" traders. This is about the worrying prevalence of Ibo college Robbers. As usual, ure trying ur darndest to switch topics and pull the wool ova our eyes. Sorry bro, aint happening!!!
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 11:36pm On May 25, 2010
bk/babe97:

No!!! Its not that I couldnt "find" anything. Its cus, I havent searched for anything! Its harder for me to differentiate btwn Ibo and Yoruba names, but, like I said above, a lil while and a few phone calls, I'll grant your wish! Be patient!

P.S: Besides this is not about "currency" traders. This is about the worrying prevalence of Ibo college Robbers. As usual, ure trying your darndest to switch topics and pull the wool ova our eyes. Sorry bro, aint happening!!!

Buhahahha! Look harder, make phone calls, send emails, text message to friends. Just find me something. That is all I ask for. Shame me, for once. Thanks.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 11:38pm On May 25, 2010
bkbabe97 says cannot different between Igbo and Yoruba names? Hahahahaha! Can't stop laughing.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 11:57pm On May 25, 2010
Even with the huge distance, I can feel bk/babe97 searching the internet frantically undecided. Google server is about bursting its seams. Hahhhaha!
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by shotster50(m): 12:15am On May 26, 2010
@ BK You are nobody's fool but maybe someone will adopt you , If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 12:19am On May 26, 2010
lol, my only response hehe tongue
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 1:54am On May 26, 2010
bk/babe97: see even more of your uncle currency forgers exposed.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/25/837.html
Oluwole, notorious black market, resurrects in Mandillas

Sesan Olufowobi

There are indications that the hitherto dead black market on Oluwole Street, Lagos Island, where illegal trading such as certificate and document forgery, fake foreign currencies and fake goods once thrived has resurrected in nearby Mandillas Street.

advertisement

Oluwole, the notorious flourishing black market, was raided by the Lagos State Government in conjunction with security agencies in 2007 in its quest to have a decent and amiable business district on the island.

Before now, Mandillas was regarded as a commercial centre on Lagos Island populated mainly by traders who sell imported clothes, ties, bags, wrist watches and shoes.

But the story is changing now with the recent arrest of a man, Afeez Abiola, who specialises in using fake N1,000 notes to buy motorcycles, wholesale recharge cards and other goods.

Unlike in the past where there was high concentration of the forgers on Oluwole, policemen from Lion Building who arrested Abiola, said the forgers were now found in every nook and cranny of Lagos Island.

Abiola told our correspondent that for genuine N5,000 notes, one could buy N50,000 fake in N1,000 denomination in Mandillas.

"That is how I usually get my own. Once I bought the fake money, I would mix it with the genuine ones to confuse the person I wanted to buy goods from," he said.

He said he usually picked Saturdays to buy his goods to avoid the prying eyes of the owners of the shops since most of them stayed away from their shops on Saturdays and allowed their apprentices to attend to customers.

He said, "The shopowners usually use the day to relax or do other things. The boys (apprentices) in the shops are naturally not as careful as their bosses. That is when I go to the shops. That was how I bought two Bajaj okadas (motorcycle).

"I bought the first one for N93, 000, I mixed fake N60,000 in N1,000 denomination with genuine N33,000 and sold it later for N70,000. The second one was more profitable; I bought the Okada for N90,000 and sold it for N75,000 and I used only N20,000 genuine notes."

Abiola, who was arrested with an accomplice, Ahmed Olayiwola, was, however, caught in Oke Koto, Agege, as he was trying to use fake N1,000 notes to buy another motorcycle.

But this time around his criminal instincts failed him as the shop owner was around. The shop owner was more attentive and it took him no time to recognise that there were fake notes among the money Abiola intended to buy Okada. He immediately called the police that subsequently arrested the suspect.

However, an impromptu visit by our correspondent to Mandillas showed that fake currencies were readily available for sale.

A man who wanted our correspondent to refer to him by the sobriquet, Bush, said, "That (selling of fake currencies) is not new, even before Fashola (Lagos State Governor) decided to deal with Oluwole, they were coming here (Mandillas).

"But now, they are more visible and aggressive in their business. It was as if they have picked this place as a new base. I can understand it, because this place has a lot of corners and hiding places."

To demonstrate what he said, he took our correspondent to a place within the Mandillas market where our correspondent approached a man to buy N100, 000. After haggling, the man agreed to sell fake N100, 000 for N13, 000 genuine currency. But when our correspondent promised to come back he became suspicious and uncomfortable.

Bush advised our correspondent to leave the market, warning that "he might come with other people to harm you."

However, Lagos State police spokesman, Frank Mba, told our correspondent that the police were up to the task of ridding the state of criminals.

"As for Afeez Abiola and Ahmed Olayiwola, they will be charged for being in possession of fake and illegal currency and other matters that the police will come across in our investigation," he said.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 1:55am On May 26, 2010
And confirmed again

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/25/300.html
End of the road for fake naira notes swindlers
By Ifeanyi Okolie
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
• As police arrest two suspects

Lagos Comissioner of Police, Akpoyibo

advertisement

A 40-year-old man, Afeez Abiola is currently telling detectives at the Agege Police Division his escapades in fake currency dealings in Lagos, as he was recently arrested with over N70,000 in two hundred naira denomination fake notes while attempting to purchase a motorcycle at Agege Market.

His arrest brought succour to traders at the market as some who were victims of fake currency transactions could not hold their joy as they reportedly celebrated the arrest of Abiola and his accomplice, Ahmed Olayiwola (28), a motorcyclist.

Abiola, a tailor at the popular Oluwola market located at the Lagos Island, during an interaction with Crime Alert, narrated how he ventured into fake currency business. According to him, he wasn’t making enough money from his tailoring business to cater for his needs and that of his family.

“ I am a father of two and a tailor. I am paid based on the number of cloths I sew. And I get as low as N300 for a trouser and N200 for shirt, but I am not the only one in the shop, we are many, At one time, jobs stopped coming and I was unable to fend for myself and family. One day, there is this man we used to call Alloy, he is into visa racketeering around that Oluwole axis. He came to our shop with a torn trouser and he pleaded he did not have money and I should amend it for him, which I did because I knew him.

While I was amending the trousers, I told him of my plight and he offered to help me. First, he told me how he could sell fake currency to me at very cheap prizes. When I accepted, he cautioned that I should disposed them quickly and also adviced that I should spend them on either recharge cards or on motorcycle. I made over N100,000 before I was arrested.

“I bought seventy thousand naira fake naira notes with just ten thousand naira original notes and spent them on recharge cards. The second time, I used N5000 to buy N50, 000 fake notes. I added genuine N30, 000 to the fake notes and I bought a motorcycle (Okada) at Abeokuta, but I resold it here in Lagos for N93, 000. I also bought another motorcycle at Ajah with fake N60, 000. The last one was this Bajaj motorcycle which I have already paid with N70, 000 fake notes before luck ran out on me”.

On how he was arrested, Abiola said “ when I gave the money to the sale’s girl, she took it inside to count it. I and Olayiwola, were waiting out side for her to get the receipt before we saw the police. I don’t know if she alerted the police when she discovered they were fake but the police came, arrested me and some traders came out and gathered around us, some said we should be set ablaze because they were victims of fake currency notes but the police refused and took us away. I have told the police all I know about it and every thing I have bought with the money.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer Frank Mba, who confirmed the report spoke on the method used by the criminals in deceiving unsuspecting businessmen, “Their modus-operandi is to go to business centres during the weekend, and during rush hours. They know that during the weekend, the business owners who can easily detect the fake currency will not be around, so they target the sales boys and girls.

They usually do not spend only the fake notes as they would have added a few genuine notes to the fake ones so that people will not detect the fake ones easily. Business owners should therefore educate their sales persons to be extra cautious especially during the weekend. Our operatives have been ordered to investigate and arrest any person dealing in fake notes at the market. The case is under investigation and the suspects will be charged to court soon” he said.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 1:57am On May 26, 2010
bk/babe97

Now that you have been thoroughly beaten by me, yet again, you will have to duck your tails between your legs like a baby monkey and zoom into the forests.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 3:11am On May 26, 2010
mekuszyx:

bk/babe97

Now that you have been thoroughly beaten by me, yet again, you will have to duck your tails between your legs like a baby monkey and zoom into the forests.

Lol. Hahahahahaha. Typical Ibo man, shift the goal post as soon as his opponent is ready to kick for 3 points!!! Mekuxxshityy, u said for me to get u evidence of Ibo men "printing dollars". You aint say nothing about Nigerian currency!!!

mekuszyx:

^^^
, like now you are unable to find Igbos printing fake US dollars. Now get to work and shame me. Thanks.

But since u decided to change the rules, lemme bless u with some finds!!! You just had to beg to get molested, huh?!? lol

http://www.modernghana.com/news/136580/1/two-arrested-over-fake-euro-currencies.html

Two Nigerians have been arrested by the Police for dealing in fake currency notes.

Ramsey Uzorma, 25 and Onyekachi Iwu, 31, both businessmen, were said to have changed the fake foreign currencies, totalling about ¢100 million at four forex bureaux in Accra.

Luck, however, eluded them when they made another attempt to change money in one of the bureaux when the police on a tip off arrested them.

Chief Supt. Angwubutoge Awuni, Nima Divisional Police Commander, disclosed this to The Spectator in Accra.

The two suspects were said to have travelled from Nigeria to Ghana with large sums of fake Euros which they intended to change for cedis.

On May 4, they went to Rons Bureau at the Kwame Nkrumah Circle and managed to change 400 Euros for ¢4.9 million which the operator of the bureau later detected to be fake.

The next day, they went again to the same bureau with 1000 Euros to change and they were arrested and handed over to the police.

Chief Supt. Awuni said during a search in their hotel room in Accra, 5,600 Euros and an amount of ¢98.2 million were found concealed under the bed.

He said it also came to light later that the suspects went to Perebrim Forex Bureaux to change 3000 Euros ¢37.2 million.

Chief Supt. Awuni said they further went to Dawula and S/G Forex Bureau, where they exchanged 3000 Euros for ¢36.7 million.

He said the suspects went finally to Nayak Forex Bureau and changed 2000 Euros ¢24.6 million.

During interrogation by the police, they confessed having transacted business in t he fake Euro currencies at the forex bureaux and said they brought the notes from Nigeria to sell in the country to make profit.

Chief Supt. Awuni said the currencies had been sent to the forensic unit for examination while the suspects are on police enquiry bail.

Credit: The Spectator
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 3:13am On May 26, 2010
More on your brethren taking on the role of the Central Bank/ Treasury of any country foolish enough to allow them in:

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=40557

Okechukwu Nwatu, who claimed to be a supplier of Florida Water in Nigeria, was arrested on Friday when he went to buy an ear cleaner from a shop opposite the Motor Transport and Traffic Union (MTTU) in Accra.

Briefing the Graphic yesterday, Chief Supt. Bright Oduro, the Regional Crime Officer, said the shop attendant, upon noticing that the ? 20,000 notes Okechukwu gave him were fake, called a police man, who was around.

The policeman, upon a search on the suspect’s body, found ?20,000 fake currency notes and reported him to the regional police headquarters. During a search at his residence at Alhaji, near Dansoman, a suburb of Accra, the police found another 190 more fake notes of the ?20,000 bringing the total of the fake notes seized to ?4,220,000.

According to Chief Supt. Oduro, when the suspect was interrogated, he said he bought the currency in Lagos. He explained that he changed naira into CFA Francs on the black market but was advised by the currency dealer to change into cedis since he was travelling to Ghana.

He, therefore, agreed to change them into cedis since it was cheaper to do so in Lagos than to change in Ghana. As to how he was able to cross the border to Ghana without officials of CEPS detecting the fake notes the suspect said he sealed the money in CD cassettes, adding that he used ?20,000 of the fake notes to buy something at Aflao.

Chief Supt. Oduro disclosed that information reaching the Ghana Police Service indicates that the Ghanaian currency is printed outside Ghana and brought into the country through the post as parcels. He said investigations are being conducted into the allegation.

http://ndn.nigeriadailynews.com/templates/?a=16116

A man in Lagos, Aniedu Udo, described as a specialist in printing and circulating fake currencies has been arrested. Three million, fifty thousand naira fake currencies were recovered from him. Police detectives from zone II police command, Onikan, Lagos, were said to have stormed the residence of Udo at Evans Edobor Ajasa, Ipaja, Lagos, where they recovered the counterfeit. They N1000 and N500 denominations. Udo confessed using seven machines, including computers and photocopiers to produce the fake naira notes. The suspect, who hails from Akwa Ibom stat e said he sold N100, 000 counterfeit currency at the rate of N3, 000, (original money). He disclosed that his customers were the duo of Aliu and Haruna, living at Agege area of Lagos. He said: “I started the business last year. I only scanned and made photocopies of the original money. I have a wife and two kids to feed,” Udo said. Meanwhile, the Assistant Inspector General of police (AIG) in charge of zone 2, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, has advised members of the public to always check naira notes given to them, to ascertain whether they are genuine, as fake ones are sometimes, difficult to detect. “If this suspect can print N1 million at a time, imagine the quantity he had already printed. We are making efforts to see how they came about the machine used in printing the money. When you give N1 million to the bank, bankers will be excited and put it in the vault. It will be mixed with original ones and given to the customers. When you take money to the banks, they don’t bother to check,” Abubakar said.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 3:14am On May 26, 2010
http://naijatechtalk./2009/04/03/anniedu-ekong-ekanem-42year-old-private-money-minter-arrested/

Anniedu Ekong Ekanem, 42year old private money minter arrested
Posted by Admin on April 3, 2009

Hope Afoke Orivri & Jeff Amechi Agbodo, Abakaliki 
All over the world, people are working their fingers to the bones to make money. But one Nigerian, who appeared to have found an easy… way out, is now in police net. 

Anniedu Ekong Ekanem, 42, was arrested following a discovery that he had set up a mint in his bedroom, where he prints money day and night.
Detectives from the Zone ‘2’ Command Headquarters, Onikan, Lagos, claimed to have found loads of fake Naira notes at Ekanem’s home on Evans Edogho Street, in the Ipaja area of the state.
The suspect, who used to trade in second-hand clothes before he started printing money, told the Nigerian Compass that he had lost count of how much of the fake notes he had pumped into circulation.
His words: “At each printing period, I do N1 million worth of N1000 denomination, and the same applies to the N500 denomination. I do not print lesser denominations because I have to put into consideration the cost of printing the job, and what my profit will be.”
Unruffled, Ekanem who is married with children, said it was one Alhaji Merabora that taught him how to print fake currencies. The said teacher, according to him, had died.
Ekanem said he met the late teacher at a mosque in Agege, Lagos, when he decided to become a Muslim.
“It was sometime between 2006 and 2007, when I decided that I wanted to serve God as a Muslim, that I met Alhaji at the mosque. It was not about just learning a business from him,” he said.
After building a close relationship with Alhaji Merabora, Ekanem said he was taught the intricacies of minting fake notes. He said the man did not collect money for the lessons, because they were attending the same mosque.
Ekanem later acquired the tools of the trade, which he named as six pieces of PAC 500 printing machines, printing papers, instrument for cutting the papers to size, as well as materials for producing the negatives before the fake notes are rolled out.
He said, “When I saw how easy the technology was, I got all the materials I needed and I started working on my own. All what you see in the containers have nothing to do with the printing actually. The main thing is the making of the negative and the printing.”
Claiming that he was into the shady business alone, Ekanem said he did not need any assistance to do the job perfectly. The mint was inside his bedroom and each time he needed to work, he would do it in the dead of the night, when there would be no prying eyes.
When the printing is done, Ekanem, who had established a channel to funnel the notes into the system, would then call his partners in crime to handle the distribution.
“We sometimes meet at Abule-Egba or anywhere around Ipaja area. The important thing is that we make it to different places at each time, to ensure our safety,” he said.
Ekanem’s explanation of what gets to him as profit was rather incredible. He said that for every N100,000 bundle of fake currency, he was collecting N3,000.
His words : “I sell the bundle worth N100,000 for N3,000. I don’t have anything to lie about. Therefore, for every N1million I print, I get N30,000.You can see the reason I print up to that value each time I do the job.”
When asked why he was not handling the distribution himself, he said those who were taking it into the market specialised in that, while his concern was just to print.
“How they do their own part of the job is not my business,” he said.
In a related development, the police in Ebonyi have also held two men for circulating fake N1000 notes in Abakaliki, the state capital.
The state Police Commissioner, Mr. Emmanuel Udeoji, said that the suspects were nabbed following a tip off.
He named the suspects as Uzodinma Chinweze, a native of Umuzucha village in Awka, Anambra State and Friday Alagba of Ngbo in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi.
He said that the Eagle Squad team arrested the two suspects along Ogoja Road, Abakaliki, when they purchased a N1,200 worth of GSM recharge card with fake N1,000 note.
The duo, according to the CP, were operating in a red BMW car marked AA 159 APP. They had zoomed off in the car, when the police were called. But they were eventually trailed to Adig suites, off Ezza Road, Abakaliki, where they were arrested and 34 piece of fake N1000 notes were found on them.”
Chinweze admitted circulating the N1000 notes, claiming that the money was used to pay him, when he worked as a labourer in Anambra.
When his apartment was searched, the detectives recovered uncut sheets of printed N1000 and N500 denominations of the fake currency. There were several bundles that had already been cut to size and ready to go out.
Besides the printing machines, there were bottles containing chemicals used in the illegal minting. Some were used to clean up the face of the currencies after the printing.
Speaking on the case, the Assistant-Inspector-General of police in charge of Zone ‘2’, Mr Muhammed Abubakar, said the discovery made by his men was the result of good surveillance work that the zone had been doing.
Condemning the crime, Abubakar said the perpetrators would pay for their sins.
source: click here
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by bkbabe97: 3:27am On May 26, 2010
Wow, Mekuxxshitty, u really are an Ibo man! To bolster your point u pasted the same story TWICE!!! WOW!!! Shame on u!!! grin
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 3:31am On May 26, 2010
bk/babe97:

Lol. Hahahahahaha. Typical Ibo man, shift the goal post as soon as his opponent is ready to kick for 3 points!!! Mekuxxshityy, u said for me to get u evidence of Ibo men "printing dollars". You aint say nothing about Nigerian currency!!!

But since u decided to change the rules, lemme bless u with some finds!!! You just had to beg to get molested, huh?!? lol

http://www.modernghana.com/news/136580/1/two-arrested-over-fake-euro-currencies.html

Two Nigerians have been arrested by the Police for dealing in fake currency notes.

Ramsey Uzorma, 25 and Onyekachi Iwu, 31, both businessmen, were said to have changed the fake foreign currencies, totalling about ¢100 million at four forex bureaux in Accra.

Luck, however, eluded them when they made another attempt to change money in one of the bureaux when the police on a tip off arrested them.

Chief Supt. Angwubutoge Awuni, Nima Divisional Police Commander, disclosed this to The Spectator in Accra.

The two suspects were said to have travelled from Nigeria to Ghana with large sums of fake Euros which they intended to change for cedis.

On May 4, they went to Rons Bureau at the Kwame Nkrumah Circle and managed to change 400 Euros for ¢4.9 million which the operator of the bureau later detected to be fake.

The next day, they went again to the same bureau with 1000 Euros to change and they were arrested and handed over to the police.

Chief Supt. Awuni said during a search in their hotel room in Accra, 5,600 Euros and an amount of ¢98.2 million were found concealed under the bed.

He said it also came to light later that the suspects went to Perebrim Forex Bureaux to change 3000 Euros ¢37.2 million.

Chief Supt. Awuni said they further went to Dawula and S/G Forex Bureau, where they exchanged 3000 Euros for ¢36.7 million.

He said the suspects went finally to Nayak Forex Bureau and changed 2000 Euros ¢24.6 million.

During interrogation by the police, they confessed having transacted business in t he fake Euro currencies at the forex bureaux and said they brought the notes from Nigeria to sell in the country to make profit.

Chief Supt. Awuni said the currencies had been sent to the forensic unit for examination while the suspects are on police enquiry bail.

Credit: The Spectator

See the difference. They were not caught printing fake currecy.  They travelled to Ghana with the money which they probably got from the yoruba printers in Lagos.
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 3:33am On May 26, 2010
bk/babe97:

http://naijatechtalk./2009/04/03/anniedu-ekong-ekanem-42year-old-private-money-minter-arrested/

Anniedu Ekong Ekanem, 42year old private money minter arrested
Posted by Admin on April 3, 2009

Hope Afoke Orivri & Jeff Amechi Agbodo, Abakaliki
All over the world, people are working their fingers to the bones to make money. But one Nigerian, who appeared to have found an easy… way out, is now in police net. 

Anniedu Ekong Ekanem, 42, was arrested following a discovery that he had set up a mint in his bedroom, where he prints money day and night.
Detectives from the Zone ‘2’ Command Headquarters, Onikan, Lagos, claimed to have found loads of fake Naira notes at Ekanem’s home on Evans Edogho Street, in the Ipaja area of the state.
The suspect, who used to trade in second-hand clothes before he started printing money, told the Nigerian Compass that he had lost count of how much of the fake notes he had pumped into circulation.
His words: “At each printing period, I do N1 million worth of N1000 denomination, and the same applies to the N500 denomination. I do not print lesser denominations because I have to put into consideration the cost of printing the job, and what my profit will be.”
Unruffled, Ekanem who is married with children, said it was one Alhaji Merabora that taught him how to print fake currencies. The said teacher, according to him, had died.
Ekanem said he met the late teacher at a mosque in Agege, Lagos, when he decided to become a Muslim.
“It was sometime between 2006 and 2007, when I decided that I wanted to serve God as a Muslim, that I met Alhaji at the mosque. It was not about just learning a business from him,” he said.
After building a close relationship with Alhaji Merabora, Ekanem said he was taught the intricacies of minting fake notes. He said the man did not collect money for the lessons, because they were attending the same mosque.
Ekanem later acquired the tools of the trade, which he named as six pieces of PAC 500 printing machines, printing papers, instrument for cutting the papers to size, as well as materials for producing the negatives before the fake notes are rolled out.
He said, “When I saw how easy the technology was, I got all the materials I needed and I started working on my own. All what you see in the containers have nothing to do with the printing actually. The main thing is the making of the negative and the printing.”
Claiming that he was into the shady business alone, Ekanem said he did not need any assistance to do the job perfectly. The mint was inside his bedroom and each time he needed to work, he would do it in the dead of the night, when there would be no prying eyes.
When the printing is done, Ekanem, who had established a channel to funnel the notes into the system, would then call his partners in crime to handle the distribution.
“We sometimes meet at Abule-Egba or anywhere around Ipaja area. The important thing is that we make it to different places at each time, to ensure our safety,” he said.
Ekanem’s explanation of what gets to him as profit was rather incredible. He said that for every N100,000 bundle of fake currency, he was collecting N3,000.
His words : “I sell the bundle worth N100,000 for N3,000. I don’t have anything to lie about. Therefore, for every N1million I print, I get N30,000.You can see the reason I print up to that value each time I do the job.”
When asked why he was not handling the distribution himself, he said those who were taking it into the market specialised in that, while his concern was just to print.
“How they do their own part of the job is not my business,” he said.
In a related development, the police in Ebonyi have also held two men for circulating fake N1000 notes in Abakaliki, the state capital.
The state Police Commissioner, Mr. Emmanuel Udeoji, said that the suspects were nabbed following a tip off.
He named the suspects as Uzodinma Chinweze, a native of Umuzucha village in Awka, Anambra State and Friday Alagba of Ngbo in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi.
He said that the Eagle Squad team arrested the two suspects along Ogoja Road, Abakaliki, when they purchased a N1,200 worth of GSM recharge card with fake N1,000 note.
The duo, according to the CP, were operating in a red BMW car marked AA 159 APP. They had zoomed off in the car, when the police were called. But they were eventually trailed to Adig suites, off Ezza Road, Abakaliki, where they were arrested and 34 piece of fake N1000 notes were found on them.”
Chinweze admitted circulating the N1000 notes, claiming that the money was used to pay him, when he worked as a labourer in Anambra.
When his apartment was searched, the detectives recovered uncut sheets of printed N1000 and N500 denominations of the fake currency. There were several bundles that had already been cut to size and ready to go out.
Besides the printing machines, there were bottles containing chemicals used in the illegal minting. Some were used to clean up the face of the currencies after the printing.
Speaking on the case, the Assistant-Inspector-General of police in charge of Zone ‘2’, Mr Muhammed Abubakar, said the discovery made by his men was the result of good surveillance work that the zone had been doing.
Condemning the crime, Abubakar said the perpetrators would pay for their sins.
source: click here

Ekanem is not Igbo. Ekanem is Calabar/Akwa Ibom
Re: Attending College In Eastern Nigeria by mekuszyx: 3:34am On May 26, 2010
You still have not shown an igbo man printing money, let alone printing dollars

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Never Sent Senator Saraki Any Invitation / Whoever Knows Rev Father Mbaka Should Tell Him That........ / Amaechi Presidential Dreams: Ndiigbo And Ikwerre Political Opportunism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.