Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles (11150 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal And Its Maintenance In Vehicles / Is Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders Legit? / How Oviecardealer Helped Me Purchased An SUV From Cotonou... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by kingreign(m): 7:23am On May 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

when people start writing like this, one has to be careful with them.
You spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by hakimi1974(m): 7:25am On May 22, 2018
Cosplay:
You mentioned that this practice is legal?
it is not legal, but they have a way around it. these is how they do it. cosplay ships in a 40 foot container with 4 cars in it and pays his correct duty. oviecardealer buy a car at cotounou, and calls his corrupt custom officer at tincan, with vin number and model of vehicle. corrupt officer will do some abracadabra, oviecardeale's car will now look like it was shipped in by cosplay. nah naija we dey the more you see the less you understand. f.y.i almost all car dealers bring in their cars through this method. who no know, no go know.

9 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by saintjoel(m): 7:29am On May 22, 2018
olumide4christ:
Mr oviecardealer, you're completely wrong on this one.
Even your fellow customs agent, @saintjoel here on Nairaland has told me categorically that there is nothing like "Tincan Custom Papers for Cotonou Vehicles". He has even put that disclaimer on his threads on Nairaland due to his sincerity.
He even explained to me what agents like you do in conjunction with customs at Tincan to conjure these phony papers for Cotonou vehicles AND how the customs officials on the road can determine the fake status of these papers IF THEY WANT TO.
Mind you, I went with him to Cotonou in 2014 to get my car when the border was still open & he got original custom papers for the car from Seme border command. But according to him, that cannot happen for now due to the border closure to imported cars.

Therefore, you should come & prove @saintjoel, your colleague wrong and also answer @Cosplay's question successfully.
Otherwise, this thread of yours will be seen as a means to scam innocent Nairalanders.

Do the needful!

Cc saintjoel
cosplay
banky3w
Gazzuzz

Bros, we discussed this

When??

I must've forgotten sir ..... Abeg bros, my family still needs my big head....

7 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by diportivo: 7:37am On May 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

@diportivo can you see grin

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by diportivo: 7:40am On May 22, 2018
hakimi1974:
it is not legal, but they have a way around it. these is how they do it. cosplay ships in a 40 foot container with 4 cars in it and pays his correct duty. oviecardealer buy a car at cotounou, and calls his corrupt custom officer at tincan, with vin number and model of vehicle. corrupt officer will do some abracadabra, oviecardeale's car will now look like it was shipped in by cosplay. nah naija we dey the more you see the less you understand. f.y.i almost all car dealers bring in their cars through this method. who no know, no go know.

so

their consignment of accident carsthat needs repairs lands in Cotonou

they go there to fix first and den drive it in?

or drive it in with bumpers hanging loose and stuff like dat?

u are wrong on this one
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by hakimi1974(m): 7:48am On May 22, 2018
diportivo:

so

their consignment of accident carsthat needs repairs lands in Cotonou

they go there to fix first and den drive it in?

or drive it in with bumpers hanging loose and stuff like dat?

u are wrong on this one
i did not say all. i will wager 60% of them are doing it.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by eherbal(m): 7:51am On May 22, 2018
saintjoel:
Oviecardealer, there are times you might be tempted to open threads but you better have a very solid and water tight defense cos when the like of Lejeun3, banky3w, cosplay etc come for you, they'll literarily tear you apart. I've learnt from my short episode with and I've been seriously bruised, that's why you hardly see my adverts even when I'm ready to provide info like VIN etc.

As an agent, I have moved my services to the ports immediately the ban started, I only do Etls and transit papers for cars going to Cameroon and Ghana through land borders, I don't know anything apart from that. I'm struggling seriously to make my Tincan efforts translate to money, so I don't know zilch about lagos papers for Cotonou cars..... As long as you've stated it's legal and you can prove it, I wish you Godspeed bro....we all need money, some of us are seriously seriously broke because of this ban and we need money to sustain ourselves. Yes, I agree but I'll also suggest you tread softly cos these guys you're about to have fisticuffs with can seriously damage your online business...
don't be fazed bro .youre transistting unto something good.just don't give up on your honest hustle. one good customer is coming to make a big impact in your life. your humility speaks volumes

8 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by Okoyeeboz: 8:14am On May 22, 2018
There's no legal and honest way to bring in vehicles from Cotonou into Nigeria at present. If you wish to buy in Cotonou and pay customs duty in Lagos, it can only be done fraudulently and dishonestly.

If you're okay with that and can live with the immediate and remote consequences, go ahead.

6 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by timifakay(m): 9:03am On May 22, 2018
Who notice that all the cars imported from Cotonou are powerful?

The insider will only go and look for same car being imported on the customs database and edit its vin to that of the one coming from cotonou. The day customs stop the first car and want to confirm its payment from their database, it's Vin will not be found.

Awon alakoba.

8 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by hakimi1974(m): 10:00am On May 22, 2018
timifakay:

The insider will only go and look for same car being imported on the customs database and edit its vin to that of the one coming from cotonou. The day customs stop the first car and want to confirm its payment from their database, it's Vin will not be found.

Awon alakoba.
and the sad thing is that, the officers behind this graft are soo powerfull, that, even if those customs that normally harrass people on the highway discover this fraud,d they wont do anything about it, because they dont want to step on powerfull toes.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by diportivo: 11:00am On May 22, 2018
one thing is for sure

the Mexicans are involved in this deal with oviecardealer

there's no how they won't be working together

1 Like

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by olumide4christ: 11:54am On May 22, 2018
saintjoel:

Bros, we discussed this

When??

I must've forgotten sir ..... Abeg bros, my family still needs my big head....

LOL at the bolded above!!

Yes we actually discussed this over the phone sometime last year...I was at the office that day...I can remember. I called to ask about the Seme border situation vis-a-vis the claims by some of your co-Nairaland agents that Cotonou cars could be registered at Tincan.
Perhaps you have forgotten. Anyway it is well with you....nothing do you...nobody can do you anything when you are honest unless God allows it!

Regards.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by banky3w(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2018
First, it was the importers, then the dealers, and the car hawkers, and the honest shady dealers, the first VIN posters, the class captains, the Mexicans, IAAI , Copart, then the Americans and the wannabes........ Now we are having the clearing agents in the mix? What is this turning into now?
Diportivo I take God beg you....... Give me meme....

3 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by LeJeun3: 4:52pm On May 22, 2018
saintjoel:
Oviecardealer, there are times you might be tempted to open threads but you better have a very solid and water tight defense cos when the like of Lejeun3, banky3w, cosplay etc come for you, they'll literarily tear you apart. I've learnt from my short episode with and I've been seriously bruised, that's why you hardly see my adverts even when I'm ready to provide info like VIN etc.

As an agent, I have moved my services to the ports immediately the ban started, I only do Etls and transit papers for cars going to Cameroon and Ghana through land borders, I don't know anything apart from that. I'm struggling seriously to make my Tincan efforts translate to money, so I don't know zilch about lagos papers for Cotonou cars..... As long as you've stated it's legal and you can prove it, I wish you Godspeed bro....we all need money, some of us are seriously seriously broke because of this ban and we need money to sustain ourselves. Yes, I agree but I'll also suggest you tread softly cos these guys you're about to have fisticuffs with can seriously damage your online business...

It is well....

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by diportivo: 4:56pm On May 22, 2018
banky3w:
First, it was the importers, then the dealers, and the car hawkers, and the honest shady dealers, the first VIN posters, the class captains, the Mexicans, IAAI , Copart, then the Americans and the wannabes........ Now we are having the clearing agents in the mix? What is this turning into now?
Diportivo I take God beg you....... Give me meme....
cry

5 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by diportivo: 5:10pm On May 22, 2018
hakimi1974:
and the sad thing is that, the officers behind this graft are soo powerfull, that, even if those customs that normally harrass people on the highway discover this fraud,d they wont do anything about it, because they dont want to step on powerfull toes.

timifakay:

Awon alakoba.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by hakimi1974(m): 5:24pm On May 22, 2018
diportivo:

nah so e be.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by oviecardealer(m): 10:25pm On May 22, 2018
saintjoel:

Firstly,Thanks so very much bros for taking out time to respond to all this, i sincerely appreciate...i understand their concern is because of scammers every were in Nigeria...but we still have legit people you even is one of those genuine persons in Nigeria too....will send the c-number so they can confirm....Cheers!
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by oviecardealer(m): 10:40pm On May 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

when people start writing like this, one has to be careful with them.
without wasting time i was giving approval for the first Suv Lexus Rx330 2005model its the first pictures i posted on this thread...
now i was asked to prove how the vehicle details will appear it came through Lagos ports.
the (C-NUMBERS: 12186 of 2017..office of entry Tin Can)now this details provided can be used to confirm the following..three thing eg..if is lexus 330 and chassis number,lastly amount of duty paid on it.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by hakimi1974(m): 11:51pm On May 22, 2018
oviecardealer:
without wasting time i was giving approval for the first Suv Lexus Rx330 2005model its the first pictures i posted on this thread...
now i was asked to prove how the vehicle details will appear it came through Lagos ports.
the (C-NUMBERS: 12186 of 2017..office of entry Tin Can)now this details provided can be used to confirm the following..three thing eg..if is lexus 330 and chassis number,lastly amount of duty paid on it.
you dont need to prove zilch to any body. once any custom official run a check on your customer's car and every info about the car is correct in custom data base you are good to go. you have found a loop hole in the system, use it to your advantage my brother. naija nah jungle.

8 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by timifakay(m): 7:45am On May 23, 2018
hakimi1974:
you dont need to prove zilch to any body. once any custom official run a check on your customer's car and every info about the car is correct in custom data base you are good to go. you have found a loop hole in the system, use it to your advantage my brother. naija nah jungle.

I hope you still feel this way when you or a loved one of yours has their car for which genuine and full customs duty was paid is impounded by customs because Oviecardealer or one of his cohorts has deleted their car VIN from customs database and replaced the VIN of the original car with that of a car they imported through Cotonou or other illegal means.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by hakimi1974(m): 8:01am On May 23, 2018
timifakay:

I hope you still feel this way when you or a loved one of yours has their car for which genuine and full customs duty was paid is impounded by customs because Oviecardealer or one of his cohorts has deleted their car VIN from customs database and replaced the VIN of the original car with that of a car they imported through Cotonou or other illegal means.
i don fall victim once with those guys at agodi, though they freed the car after investigation without paying a dime. i wrote a petition, mailed it to the c.g's office using d.h.l till this day i am yet to get an acknowledgement. my believe is that they are okay with the sharp practice going on their.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by oviecardealer(m): 8:50am On May 23, 2018
hakimi1974:
thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by timifakay(m): 8:56am On May 23, 2018
hakimi1974:
i don fall victim once with those guys at agodi, though they freed the car after investigation without paying a dime. i wrote a petition, mailed it to the c.g's office using d.h.l till this day i am yet to get an acknowledgement. my believe is that they are okay with the sharp practice going on their.

Oh! This was you, been searching for this post for a while.. Had to go through your posts...

hakimi1974:
not mistake ooo. it is just the usual naija corruption. this is how a custom officer explained it to me. ever since government banned cars from entering the country through the land border, smugglers still bring in cars. now this is where it gets interesting, lets say a smuggler brings in a 2010 toyota camry through the land border, he simply contacts his custom insider at the long room, sort him some cash, i dont know how much. what they do is to substitute some one else's details of the same make of car that has paid complete duty and came in through the port. to get around this, as soon as you clear your car from the port, get a confirmation print out before you leave the port to avoid stories. may God save us in this country.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by hakimi1974(m): 9:27am On May 23, 2018
timifakay:

Oh! This was you, been searching for this post for a while.. Had to go through your posts...

nah me ooo! they released the car to me after a week. on getting back to lagos, i wrote a petition to the c.g's office. i never got any acknowledgement. probably one mai suya don use the paper i use to write am wrap suya. my brother, the graft that is going on at tincan will make even corrupt politicians go green with envy.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by millomaniac: 9:32am On May 23, 2018
oviecardealer:
Hello Guys...

Its me Ovie,CEO of Arlit Automobile Nig Ltd and the most trusted car deals person here on nairaland.

I have served you guys here and helped many people to get their cheap cars in Cotounu over the years.

Below are some of my previous threads

Cars Successfuly Imported From Cotounu And Delivered With Proofs(photos[/url]https://www.nairaland.com/2422759/cars-successfuly-imported-cotounu-delivered[url]

Hidden Secrets About Buying Cheap Cars From Cotonou![/url]https://www.nairaland.com/1027644/hidden-secrets-buying-cheap-cars[url]

I will also like to use this opportunity to thank my numerous customers who trusted me and used my services to precure their dream cars cheaply from Cotonou over the years.

Well...

As we all know,its no longer news that the federal government has closed down the importation of cars through the land borders and of which bringing in cars from cotounu was affected.

But do not worry....

Regardsless of the ban on importation of cars from land borders entry points like Cotonou,we still have our way of working with the authorities to buy cheap cars from Cotonou and bring it into Nigeria with out any form of hassles.

Yes...you heard me right.

What we normally do here is to buy these Vehicles in Cotonou,pay the stipulated duties in custom command at Lagos and use the Duty papers to drive these cars into Nigeria without any harrassment from custom officials.

And it is very legal...

I know you may be thinking.....

How can the duty reflect on the customs database when the lagos manifest does not show that the vehicle came through lagos ports?

Thats is not a problem...

As professionals in this field with years of experience in clearing and forwarding,we have come up with a means were we work with the authorities and ensure that the duty we paid appears in the customs database.

Now you may be asking....How do i comfirm that the duty paid appeared on the database?

Its very simple....

You can check with the C number or check with the bill of laden history and BOOMMMMM,you will see that the duty we paid on your vehicle actually reflected on the custom database.

My company,Arlit Automobile Nig Ltd,fully registered with the corperate affairs commision with RC NO 793554,will ensure everything about your vehicle is formalized and delivered to you in perfect condition.

Here is what we do...

We at Arlit Automobile Nig Ltd, provide a range of services that includes;

CUSTOM DUTY PAYMENT:We are a licenced customs clearing and forwarding agents,we help importers pay custom duties fro vehicles coming in from all entry points.

DUTY VERIFICATION:We also help clients to verify their custom duty payments

VEHICLES REGISTRATION: We help clients to register their vehicles and precure plate numbers and drivers licence.

My Guarantee: i Guarantee that your car will be delivered to you on same condition it was bought from cotounu.

Our company,Arlit Automobile Nig Ltd (RC NO 793554)is registered with the CAC with a physical office address here in Lagos.
You can come to my car stand (Office) for a (binding legal agreement) now this legal agreement document was designed for customers rights and protect so there by taking care of any fears or doubt you may exhibit.This document must be signed by my company and the prospective client to show that you are contacting us to assist you to successfully purchase, clear and deliver your choice vehicles with all the original customs papers before proceeding to Cotonou for the purchase.

I also gurantee you that the duties paid on your vehicle will be genuine and original and my service charge for the transaction will not be paid untill the prospective customer has verified the authencity of the custom documents from any customs command in the country.

To get your dream vehicles from Cotonou with ease...

Call Ovie Now: 08033557246

Below are some of the recently purchased vehicles from Cotonou even after the ban.

Below in these pictures is a Lexus RX330 SUV 2005 model

1.While in Cotonou car stand
2.When making purchase and test driving the vehicle
3.When the vehicle arrived Nigeria
4.Succesfull delivery to owner

Note:We also assisted the customer to register the vehicle and fix number plates

I am one of your admirers, over the years you have been proven to be trustworthy, don't be discouraged by some dudes here that are always negative and always derive joy in looking for whom to discredit and never give credit to anyone unless forced or reminded. Some of your rivals that have good reputation here will also want a piece of you. However i am baffled on how government will ban importation through a certain route and at same time it is legal for importation through that same route. Can you perhaps do some light research and furnish us with that particular section of the law that has to do with this cotonou vehicle import brouhaha perhaps their might be some exceptions or something in the subsection that can be legally exploited or something. Godspeed.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by oviecardealer(m): 4:37pm On May 23, 2018
millomaniac:

I am one of your admirers, over the years you have been proven to be trustworthy, don't be discouraged by some dudes here that are always negative and always derive joy in looking for whom to discredit and never give credit to anyone unless forced or reminded. Some of your rivals that have good reputation here will also want a piece of you. However i am baffled on how government will ban importation through a certain route and at same time it is legal for importation through that same route. Can you perhaps do some light research and furnish us with that particular section of the law that has to do with this cotonou vehicle import brouhaha perhaps their might be some exceptions or something in the subsection that can be legally exploited or something. Godspeed.
firstly I appreciate...now to answer your question strictly in a laymans language....what the Government did was to stop processing of customs duties of Vehicles via land borda Command....and they want to encourage the importintions process of general goods,cargos,equipment etc but you can check Customs website for goods that are contraband...so you can only run entries for general goes via those routes.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by Bizzyliss(m): 5:05pm On May 23, 2018
I brought in my car thru Cotonou and paid duty at tincan, i hav travelled with the vehicle twice even custom for by pass don stop me twice and checked the papers. I just slap them with 500 naira OD( officer on duty)
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by fishing: 5:27pm On May 23, 2018
hakimi1974:
nah me ooo! they released the car to me after a week. on getting back to lagos, i wrote a petition to the c.g's office. i never got any acknowledgement. probably one mai suya don use the paper i use to write am wrap suya. my brother, the graft that is going on at tincan will make even corrupt politicians go green with envy.

From your experience

The customs by the roadside can they detect on the spot that ones details has been swapped or they need to first seize and detain the vehicle before a thorough investigation is carried out.

As for Oviecardealer when you cant explain a process openly then it's riddled with dishonesty as simple as ABC.

A good name is more desirable than great riches.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by oviecardealer(m): 6:04pm On May 23, 2018
AmoloPatrick:
How much does a Toyota hiace 2010 mid roof and high roof cost down to Lagos
kindly estimate 4.5m to land in lagos.
Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by hakimi1974(m): 6:14pm On May 23, 2018
fishing:

From your experience

The customs by the roadside can they detect on the spot that ones details has been swapped or they need to first seize and detain the vehicle before a thorough investigation is carried out.

As for Oviecardealer when you cant explain a process openly then it's riddled with dishonesty as simple as ABC.

A good name is more desirable than great riches.
they verify the genuiness of your customs duty by calling their command on the spot using the C number on the custom papers. besides, oviecardealer is a small fishg. what about those big auto dealers that are into it. come to the border at night you will weep for this country. the closure of the border was a bad move by the government.

1 Like

Re: The Only Legal Way Of Bringing In Vehicles Through Cotonou...without Hassles by Readonee35L(m): 6:52pm On May 23, 2018
hakimi1974:
I didnt want to mention this and cast.
But this op self.
Things like this are not said on public forums. Yet you still put your company name in the thread .
There are different ways duty are paid for vehicles.
Punch and pay e.t.c
But sometimes vins are attached to container and cleared. Whereas the said car is not even in the container.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nice Clean Tokunbo 2014 Toyota Venza.... Asking Price: N6.8m / Ready To Sell Now..polo Classic @ 500k (pics) / My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.