Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Exposing A New Glo Fraud. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Exposing A New Glo Fraud. (6540 Views)

New Glo Data Plan - Get 1.2gb For N200 And 6gb For N1000 / Need To Unlock The New Glo Mifi E5573CS-933 / The New Glo Jumbo Package Look Like Scam... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by NOBODYY: 6:51pm On May 21, 2018
Good evening everyone.

I write this with a bleeding heart sad

Yesterday, Exactly 9:21 pm, I made a N1050 recharge to my glo line with the last money that is in my account, being a student and considering the economic condition, coming by 1000naira is not easy and this incidence has been giving me headache since it happened. After recharging, I got a prompt from my bank that the transaction has been successful, but I didn't get any airtime...

Considering the fact that this is the first time such stuff is happening, I contacted my service provider's customer care (glo customer care) only for me to be told that making a recharge of 150, 250, 350, 450....1050 (any amount that has 50 naira before it) via electronic means will automatically subscribe you to the glo 4x recharge to bonus promo.

This a day light robbery because this "4x bonus" can't be used to subscribe, even the call rate on this bonus plan is evil and devilish...

Why should I be subscribed to a bonus package I have no interest in? This is sad and very bad.. I am disappointed in Glo.

Please Nairalanders take note to avoid falling into a similar situation.

cc Lalasticlala
Dominique
ishilove
Mynd44

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by lumzybo: 7:08pm On May 21, 2018
NOBODYY:
Good evening everyone.

Yesterday, Exactly 9:21 pm, I made a N1050 recharge to my glo line with the last money that is in my account, being a student and considering the economic condition, coming by 1000naira is not easy and this incidence has been giving me headache since it happened. After recharging, I got a prompt from my bank that the transaction has been successful, but I didn't get any airtime...

Considering the fact that this is the first time such stuff is happening, I contacted my service provider's customer care (glo customer care) only for me to be told that making a recharge of 150, 250, 350, 450....1050 (any amount that has 50 naira before it) via electronic means will automatically subscribe you to the glo 4x recharge to bonus promo.

This a day light robbery because this "4x bonus" can't be used to subscribe, even the call rate on this bonus plan is evil and devilish...

Why should I be subscribed to a bonus package I have no interest in? This is sad and very bad.. I am disappointed in Glo.

cc Lalasticlala
Dominique
ishilove
Mynd44

If your claim is true. This people are idiots. Lol bro, can’t stop laughing
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by NOBODYY: 7:09pm On May 21, 2018
lumzybo:

If your claim is true. This people are idiots. Lol bro, can’t stop laughing
This is very true bro.
I assure you

1 Like

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by iliyande(m): 7:19pm On May 21, 2018
Exactly, same thing happened to me a week ago....
Call NCC 622.... My report case is still pending with the ncc
Mynd44 lalasticlala please move this to the FP to enlighten subscribers..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by NOBODYY: 7:27pm On May 21, 2018
iliyande:
Exactly, same thing happened to me a week ago....
Call NCC 622.... My report case is still pending with the ncc
Thank you very much for your input.

7 Likes

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by dkronicle(m): 11:31pm On May 21, 2018
Is glo a network? There is no reliable network in Nigeria. You need to use VERIZON, then you go no say NETWORK DEY. air and mtn just dey rob me back2back xpecially airtel
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by dannygood: 11:55pm On May 21, 2018
Hmmmmm
Odi egu
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by HeyCorleone(m): 12:01am On May 22, 2018
dkronicle:
Is glo a network? There is no reliable network in Nigeria. You need to use VERIZON, then you go no say NETWORK DEY. air and mtn just dey rob me back2back xpecially airtel

Quick question; is Verizon in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by ab11baddo(m): 12:56am On May 22, 2018
Its no fraud bro....no a fan of this network....but they informed their customers about the development....I also gave it a trial with 550# ....the 4times bonus is real but its not moneywise because the tariff for calls and data are way higher than norms and u can't use this bonus money to subscribe to anything. I feel for u bro but now u av been told ...no extra 50naita on top.

1 Like

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by Nobody: 1:05am On May 22, 2018
NOBODYY:
Good evening everyone.

cc Lalasticlala
Dominique
ishilove
Mynd44

Tweet at Glo, mention NCC and CPCNg.
State your complaint and seek reversal. (If you haven't started using the money already).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by Offpoint: 1:26am On May 22, 2018
sue them
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by Onyenna(m): 6:34am On May 22, 2018
Glo that has been subscribing me to all sorts of rubbish!! If i recharge N500, it'll finish under 3 weeks without making any calls or sending SMSs ooooh!..... They subscribed me to almost all Church campaign SMS[and some other organizations] without my consent..... I've called them severally to remove/unsubscribe me from all campaign rubbish to which they agreed..... They even asked me to send "stop" to 33078 and 34001 or so. I did exactly that...

I later recharged N500 again to verify,...and guess what?... My money was systematically zapped once again without making calls or sending sms....

My brothers and Sisters, umunne m na umunna m, that was the last time i recharged my glo line.....

3 Likes

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by cjudy(m): 6:54am On May 22, 2018
I swear the OP is 100% correct, I borrowed 50naira from Glo to make call because I don't have access to cash, I got home and tried recharging my account using mobile VTU so I recharge 550 because of the outstanding and to my greatest surprise, Glo pushed the money to 4x bonus, I called customer care and they said there's nothing they can't do. That any recharge with 50# is for bonus. Am shock. Glo are criminals, don't patronize them please

5 Likes

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by obaataaokpaewu: 7:30am On May 22, 2018
@cjudy, glo customer care reps are not normal, they never have any solution to anything that has to do with refund. There was a time they deducted my money, I called them, they confirmed the deduction and said there was nothing they could do. I left them
MTN tried that with me, deducted #30 from my balance, I went to twitter, complained to them, and they topped my account with #50. Next time, try glo twitter see if they will respond positively

4 Likes

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by Geestunnar(m): 7:40am On May 22, 2018
It is always like this on Glo, if you leave any balance on your line. That is why I use my Glo sim for data subscription alone, that way there would be nothing for them to deduct. The best thing is not to recharge ur Glo line for calls but for data alone.
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by kayusdguy(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2018
Seriously, why would you want to subscribe with the last #1050 with you
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by CaptainGOOD: 9:47am On May 22, 2018
And who also noticed their data subscription now drains fast

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by visijo(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2018
This was my same experience on Sunday.. I still regret tho.
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by FuckFuckBoy(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2018
CaptainGOOD:
And who also noticed their data subscription now drains fast
I noticed it too

1 Like

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by CaptainGOOD: 10:22am On May 22, 2018
FuckFuckBoy:
I noticed it too
I wonder bro
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by NOBODYY: 11:07am On May 22, 2018
kayusdguy:
Seriously, why would you want to subscribe with the last #1050 with you

That was the last money "in my account" and not the last money with me, I still had a few hundreds in cash that can at least sustain me till I get my next allowance, I added a 50naira on it because I'm owing them 25 naira, so I wanted to pay my debt too.

As a student having an internet subscription is equally as vital as food.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by ILoveToFuCcK: 11:22am On May 22, 2018
This is very true, for real it just happened to me this morning, in fact my blood dey boil.. Why I no quick see this thread? angry angry

ab11baddo:
Its no fraud bro....no a fan of this network....but they informed their customers about the development....I also gave it a trial with 550# ....the 4times bonus is real but its not moneywise because the tariff for calls and data are way higher than norms and u can't use this bonus money to subscribe to anything. I feel for u bro but now u av been told ...no extra 50naita on top.

Can you provide a link where it was properly communicated that an extra recharge of 50naira will automatically activate the four times recharge?
There is no such thing online, only a code to subscribe to it if you're interested
This is fraud, fraud is fraud.

6 Likes

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by benzion72(m): 11:24am On May 22, 2018
Write ncc@ncc.com and complained they will reverse it, but dont use the airtime
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by iliyande(m): 11:38am On May 22, 2018
ILoveToFuCcK:
This is very true, for real it just happened to me this morning, in fact my blood dey boil.. Why I no quick see this thread? angry angry

Can you provide a link where it was properly communicated that an extra recharge of 50naira will automatically activate the four times recharge?
There is no such thing online, only a code to subscribe to it if you're interested
This is fraud, fraud is fraud.

Call NCC 622, I just reminded them of my pending issue on same reckless promo by glo...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by kayusdguy(m): 11:58am On May 22, 2018
NOBODYY:

That was the last money "in my account" and not the last money with me, I still had a few hundreds in cash that can at least sustain me till I get my next allowance, I added a 50naira on it because I'm owing them 25 naira, so I wanted to pay my debt too.

As a student having an internet subscription is equally as vital as food.
Yea, sorry coz itz wasted now
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by fatymore(f): 12:48pm On May 22, 2018
Glo is truly a scam......
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by darasimih104(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2018
hmmn.... Glo!!!! Grand master of data
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by roqrules04(m): 1:42pm On May 22, 2018
I feel your pain bro..
Glo is just something else, imagine 7GB finishing within 2weeks
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by Xinba(f): 3:38pm On May 22, 2018
Glo should be compared to yahoo boys, because I don't see any difference in their operations
Re: Exposing A New Glo Fraud. by iliyande(m): 7:55pm On May 22, 2018
ab11baddo:

What are you insinuating now? That the op is trying to defraud glo or what?. If glo has nothing hidden under the roof, let them return the credit back to normal account. Is this too much to ask for? I no wan x4 bonus..... Na by force?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy J7 Vs Samsung Galaxy J5 – Full Phone Specifications / Please Help I Can't Download Music And Video With My Airtel Sub. / How to Send App Via Whatsapp............android Users Get In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.