Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

How Can I Stop Popping Up On My Phone Contacts 'People You May Know' On Facebook - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Can I Stop Popping Up On My Phone Contacts 'People You May Know' On Facebook (436 Views)

Help Me Tech Nairalanders! You May Know This Guy From Computer Village / 25 Facts About Left Handed People You May Not Know. / Amazing Photos Of A Man Popping Champagne That Has Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop Popping Up On My Phone Contacts 'People You May Know' On Facebook by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 21, 2018
I've been thinking of shutting down my facebook account for a while now but I'm finding it hard to bring myself to do it. Facebook privacy is set at only friends but I keep getting friend requests from people on my phone contacts and I see them as well as 'people I may know'on my profile whenever I visit the account once in a while. How can I reverse this? It's very annoying, to say the least.
Re: How Can I Stop Popping Up On My Phone Contacts 'People You May Know' On Facebook by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2018
Unlink your phone number from your Facebook.
Re: How Can I Stop Popping Up On My Phone Contacts 'People You May Know' On Facebook by kalu61(m): 12:31am On May 22, 2018
there is nothing you can do about it so long as you use app that requires access to your contacts. Go to you settings, then app. locate Google map/man control and control your settings
Re: How Can I Stop Popping Up On My Phone Contacts 'People You May Know' On Facebook by kalu61(m): 12:32am On May 22, 2018
Earthbound:
I've been thinking of shutting down my facebook account for a while now but I'm finding it hard to bring myself to do it. Facebook privacy is set at only friends but I keep getting friend requests from people on my phone contacts and I see them as well as 'people I may know'on my profile whenever I visit the account once in a while. How can I reverse this? It's very annoying, to say the least.
there is nothing you can do about it so long as you use app that requires access to your contacts. Go to you settings, then app. locate Google map/man control and control your settings
Re: How Can I Stop Popping Up On My Phone Contacts 'People You May Know' On Facebook by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 22, 2018
Thanks a lot. I've been able to resolve it my denying my messenger app access to my phone contacts, then moving forward to deleting mobile contacts here; https://m.facebook.com/mobile/messenger/contacts

(1) (Reply)

Scientists Now Grow Meat On Grass. / What Is 5G Technology? / How To Force Glo Network Loading Speed To Be Very Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.